PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher Walks Away

JR2004
07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2924068

I ALWAYS liked DFish when he was the Lakers. From the 15-20 from 3 in the 2001 Western Finals to the 0.4 shot I always liked the guy. I still remember watching the draft when he was picked and sat there thinking, "Who in the heck is this guy from Arkansas- Little Rock?" Turned out to be one heck of a player is who the guy was.

He was always the consummate pro on a Laker team that was at odds quite often with one another due to the Shaq-Kobe dynamic. I wish his daughter a very quick recovery and if he never steps onto a court again he'll always be one of my favorite Lakers for how he conducted himself on and off the court. My Heart goes out to a great man. God Bless Ya Fish!

g$$
07-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Fisher gets it & has his priorities in line. I wish him & his family all the best, esp. that poor 11 month old child.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I liked Fisher, he was always a class act, at least from what I could tell, and was one of the few NBA players who I thought represented what a good role model for children was in the form of a professional athlete.

District303aPastPlayer
07-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I liked Fisher, he was always a class act, at least from what I could tell, and was one of the few NBA players who I thought represented what a good role model for children was in the form of a professional athlete.

couldnt have said it better myself

Phil C
07-03-2007, 01:23 PM
It is a shame the NBA can't accominate players in this type of rare extreme situation. It would be good if he could play for the New York Nicks and keep his career going and be where his child could get proper medical treatment. A shame.

JasperDog94
07-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is a shame the NBA can't accominate players in this type of rare extreme situation. It would be good if he could play for the New York Nicks and keep his career going and be where his child could get proper medical treatment. A shame. MD Anderson is one of the best cancer centers in the world. Come to Houston!:)

piratebg
07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
A very good player, and undoubtedly a very good father.

Fal44
07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Going to miss those big shots and the end of key games...

zebrablue2
07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
may the lord be with him and his family.

wildstangs
07-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Great player. Wish more of the NBA (or any athletes) had his kind of attitude and respect for his family.

My favorite moment with him was of course the .4 second shot against the Spurs. Maybe he can find a good hospital in L.A., I would love to see him as a Laker again.