PDA

View Full Version : Dan Patrick to host the Price Is Right

Adidas410s
07-02-2007, 10:38 PM
There's heavy speculation in the blog world that he will in fact replace Bob Barker. Dan said today on his radio show that he will have a big announcement tmrw that will have a big impact on his life.

I sure do hope he gets the TV gig...cuz that will get him off ESPN...off ESPN radio during my lunch break...and thus mostly removed from my daily life! :)

carter08
07-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Don Imus should host it.

burnet44
07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
patrick is great
he and keith are/were the best

g$$
07-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
There's heavy speculation in the blog world that he will in fact replace Bob Barker. Dan said today on his radio show that he will have a big announcement tmrw that will have a big impact on his life.

I sure do hope he gets the TV gig...cuz that will get him off ESPN...off ESPN radio during my lunch break...and thus mostly removed from my daily life! :)

Sounds like a done deal. I used to like him more, but he has gotten on my nerves lately. It seems when people get radio gigs to go with their tv spots everything changes. He & KO were/are pretty good together though. He must want a new challenge.

(I did notice on Letterman the other night Dan Patrick was NOT wearing his wedding ring. That may mean nothing - but food for thought.)

Maroon87
07-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
patrick is great
he and keith are/were the best

"Were" is the key phrase there. They're both extrememly full of themselves now...and full of other stuff too IMHO.

Adidas410s
07-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"Were" is the key phrase there. They're both extrememly full of themselves now...and full of other stuff too IMHO.

When they actually talk sports during the hour they share on ESPN radio...it's usually pretty funny. However, Keith usually wants to talk about politics and if they aren't doing that then they're talking about themselves.

Snyder_TigerFan
07-03-2007, 08:24 AM
I always listened back when it was Dan Patrick and Rob Dibble. I thought they did a great job. I haven't heard him in a while though. I don't see why he'd want to do the Price is Right though.

Adidas410s
07-03-2007, 08:30 AM
From what I've heard others say...the veteran game show hosts are making $10+ mil per year...

Ranger Mom
07-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by g$$

(I did notice on Letterman the other night Dan Patrick was NOT wearing his wedding ring. That may mean nothing - but food for thought.)

I didn't know guys noticed stuff like that!!

Wait...you are a guy, aren't you??:confused:

Snyder_TigerFan
07-03-2007, 08:36 AM
From what I've heard others say...the veteran game show hosts are making $10+ mil per year...

Well, I guess that's a pretty good reason.

Adidas410s
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

haha...I noticed it in a commercial that I saw this morning with Nolan Ryan...

burnet44
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM

we dont

DaHop72
07-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"Were" is the key phrase there. They're both extrememly full of themselves now...and full of other stuff too IMHO. :thumbsup: I agree and I think Oberful is full of ........:devil:

TexasHSFootball
07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
The Price Is Wrong For Dan Patrick

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07032007/tv/price_wrong_for_dan_tv_michael_starr.htm

July 3, 2007 -- ESPN's Dan Patrick shot down reports yesterday that he auditioned to host "The Price Is Right."

"They called and wanted to know if I wanted to audition. I said, 'No, I don't want to audition,' " Patrick told listeners on his ESPN Radio show yesterday.

Patrick was responding to reports that he was on "the short list" of candidates to replace Bob Barker, who retired last month after a 35-year run as host of "The Price Is Right."

John O'Hurley, George Hamilton and "ET" host Mark Steines have also been mentioned as possible replacements for Barker.

Rosie O'Donnell, who'd been lobbying for the job since leaving "The View," took her name out of consideration last week.

Patrick also hosts "NBA Countdown" on ABC.

burnet44
07-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball

Rosie O'Donnell, who'd been lobbying for the job since leaving "The View," took her name out of consideration last week.

if you lobby for the job your name isnt in consideration
so you cant take your name out
because you were never considered

what a stupid b d

edited by B44 to uphold the high standards this board was founded on

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 11:36 AM
if you lobby for the job your name isnt in consideration
so you cant take your name out
because you were never considered

what a stupid b d

edited by B44 to uphold the high standards this board was founded on
But her name was in consideration, Bob Barker was the one backing her.

burnet44
07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
no nn
he just said she would be fine
he didnt lobby for her

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Bob Barker says he didn't mean to endorse Rosie O'Donnell as "Price is Right" host

LOS ANGELES (AP) — It may have sounded like an endorsement, but Bob Barker's recent remarks about Rosie O'Donnell weren't meant that way.
"The Price Is Right" host, who retired this month after 35 years with the show, told reporters last week at the Daytime Emmy Awards that he had "no doubt" that O'Donnell would make a fine host for the CBS game show.

But Barker told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he never meant to endorse any potential host and has no role in choosing his replacement.

"I have not been asked for my opinion, nor have I expressed one," Barker said. "I think there are several candidates who could do the show, and Rosie is certainly one of them."

CBS and FremantleMedia North America, which produces "The Price Is Right," have yet to announce Barker's successor. Among those reportedly in the running, besides O'Donnell, are Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley. O'Donnell said on her blog that she plans to meet with the "Price" representatives this week and that she "sure would" accept the job if offered.

CBS and FremantleMedia had no comment Wednesday. "The Price Is Right" is on hiatus until the new season starts in the

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_6195452?source=most_emailed

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 12:01 PM
no nn
he just said she would be fine
he didnt lobby for her
What is nn?

burnet44
07-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Bob Barker says he didn't mean to endorse Rosie O'Donnell as "Price is Right" host

LOS ANGELES (AP) — It may have sounded like an endorsement, but Bob Barker's recent remarks about Rosie O'Donnell weren't meant that way.

But Barker told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he never meant to endorse any potential host and has no role in choosing his replacement.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_6195452?source=most_emailed

thank you

SWMustang
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What is nn?

negative Nancy?

Adidas410s
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What is nn?

http://991.com/newGallery/Pet-Shop-Boys-Numb-375498.jpg

+

http://www.anthony-thomas.com/store/images/FancyMixedNuts.jpg

=

nn

luvhoops34
07-03-2007, 12:31 PM
http://991.com/newGallery/Pet-Shop-Boys-Numb-375498.jpg

+

http://www.anthony-thomas.com/store/images/FancyMixedNuts.jpg

=

nn

WORD

g$$
07-03-2007, 04:51 PM

100% heterosexual male!! I just happened to notice it & he used to talk more about his wife & kids. Food for thought I guess.

I do notice women & rings more though, to be honest. You have to if you hope to avoid "bad" situations...