PDA

View Full Version : PI vs PSJA Memorial

footballgal
09-08-2002, 11:36 AM
I had this whole big "write up" last night at 11:30, my computer just froze I don't know what is happening to it, that's the 2nd time this week. I was too tired to write it all over again,so I just went to bed.
PSJA didn't nothing spectacular, they just did what they had to do when they needed to do it, no disrespect to them but they were very beatable, but last night they were the better team. PI on the other hand way too many mistakes, and no adjustments were made. Our QB is a superb athelete; but is not being used in the right position. He is very fast he would be better used as a tailback. He had the lone TD, which he did himself by RUNNING the ball twice for the score. Coach needs to take a look at Herrera and Ochoa the sophomore quarterbacks who are alot taller than Gabriel Alvarez; Poor Gabriel can't even see over his own line. Again I give the edge to Frankie Herrera, as I have seen him at the last scrimmage and he was very poised and is a leader. I know he lead in tackles last night, cuz I kept seeing him making alot of tackles. I know either one Ochoa or Herrera will make their mistakes being so young too, but since the program is young too why not let them grow with it??
Secondary, sorry my beloved Tarpons, I have to agree with Big Tarp on what he had mentioned previously and say no adjustment are being made and you ARE playing too far back your giving them too much of a cusion. I know you'll defintely have speed, but I don't care how fast you are, that's just too much ground to cover without getting beat. You can't do that against Los Fresnos as all they do is pass, if no adjustments are made we will get blown out of the water. On the flip side of the coin, you can make them have a total nightmare, if you make the necessary adjusments starting the next game. Because I can guarentee you that with what the Falfurias scouts saw they are going to pass against us!
But this was our first game so hopefully it was first game jitters for all of the young ones, but I hope we can grow up fast, and also these coaches realize they do need to coach them for that same reason, there is way too much talent in this group of kids for it to be wasted that way, even this year.
I saw some great sparks but only for them to be overshined by some big mistakes.
One thing I could not understand we are doing well in the RUNNING then the coach insists on passing the ball which 98% of the time they ended up as drive killers as we had atleast had like 2 or 3 opportunities to score but got killed by easy interceptions.

Anyhow I can go on and on and over analyze the game but what would be the point?

Tarpons lets move on and let's get going like I KNOW you are capable of doing!!

***LUV YA BLUE!!

Oh by the way the score was 20-0 at the half, they scored like twice in like the last 4 or 5 minutes before the half ended.
Final score was 33-7.

copied over to a new topic since I realized in wasn't no where near talking about the Rio Hondo Champ thread.

eye of the tiger
09-08-2002, 12:13 PM
Tough loss for your Tarps. Just remeber that one loss does not end a season this early in the year. That is what pre district games are for. To find out where adjustements are needed. Good luck the rest of the year.

Kakarot
09-08-2002, 01:09 PM
sorry tarpon fans we let you all down. This wont happend to us again i promise you on that.

TarponR13K
09-08-2002, 08:57 PM
You didn't let anybody down. You played and just weren't the better team for that particular night on that particular field. As long as you played your best, I don't see how anyone would be disappointed. I will be honest though...the tarpons played like freshmen throughout certain portions of the game, that was disappointing but as long as you were doing your best....the fans shouldnt have been let down. dont be so hard on the team, just keep practicing.

sinton66
09-08-2002, 09:22 PM
That's a good response R13, no one should get down on the team, and no team member has anything to apologize for. All any of us can do is give it our best and see what happens. You guys will bounce back.

------------------
http://www.cosmosmith.com/images/pirates/jollyro5.gif

footballgal
09-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Kakarot:
sorry tarpon fans we let you all down. This wont happend to us again i promise you on that.

NO! you didn't let us down. Just chalk it down as experience. This is just one game, like Eye of the Tiger mentioned. This is no way a reflextion of whats to come for this team, I truly believe this. My OPINION was just that and on last night's game only nothing else.

My beloved Tarpons you have a great group of talented individuals, most that I have seen in a while in one particular team.

Keep your heads up high! You will only get better as the season progreses. Next week is another week and another game, which is only to prepare you for district.

See you'll next week and all those 8 weeks and more after that! LUV YA BLUE!!!!!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Kool Tarpon 21
09-08-2002, 11:52 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gifI feel very bad about our loss. I thought we were gonna be better than what we showed you all. I am very disappointed of myslef. I know I can play better than that. I don't know what was wrong with me. I tried hard and I couldn't do things right. I don't know what was wrong with me. I hope next game I start playing better. It wasn't just me that messed up on the field. We had a lot of people messing up and Kristen you are right, we looked like Freshmen out there. If one person messes up, the whole team messes up. I know the coaches are gonna get after us tomorrow, and they have all the rights in the world when we played like that. Personally, I am practicing harder than I have ever practiced and I am gonna tell my teammates to do the same thing. I hope that we get over making all those stupid mistakes and play like we are capable of playing. I am terribly sorry that we lost because this season was supposed to be dedicated to Coach V., and we started off the wrong foot. We will try to make it up to him fo'sho. I hope he will forgive us and be there with us the next game. We will try to make it up playing against Falfurrias this Friday night. I hope the fans come and support us eventhough we disappointed you all.Hope to see you all. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21:
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gifI feel very bad about our loss. I thought we were gonna be better than what we showed you all. I am very disappointed of myslef. I know I can play better than that. I don't know what was wrong with me. I tried hard and I couldn't do things right. I don't know what was wrong with me. I hope next game I start playing better. It wasn't just me that messed up on the field. We had a lot of people messing up and Kristen you are right, we looked like Freshmen out there. If one person messes up, the whole team messes up. I know the coaches are gonna get after us tomorrow, and they have all the rights in the world when we played like that. Personally, I am practicing harder than I have ever practiced and I am gonna tell my teammates to do the same thing. I hope that we get over making all those stupid mistakes and play like we are capable of playing. I am terribly sorry that we lost because this season was supposed to be dedicated to Coach V., and we started off the wrong foot. We will try to make it up to him fo'sho. I hope he will forgive us and be there with us the next game. We will try to make it up playing against Falfurrias this Friday night. I hope the fans come and support us eventhough we disappointed you all.Hope to see you all. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif

Missile, it almost made me tear up to see you talking like that! Don't say those things and don't be so hard on yourself. Like I said, you didn't disappoint the fans. And as I said in...I don't remember if it was this post or another one but I didn't get to see much of the game because I had my back turned conducting the band but when I did get to watch you (all of 3rd quarter and on and off the others), you weren't playing horribly.
Missile, if you're practicing harder than ever then there is no reason for you to feel bad. PSJA has a very good team this year and I would definitely be intimidated by the size of those guys.
Also, I noticed your position and I know there's reason for you being a reciever and a safety but...why aren't you a running back?? I'm not saying that if you were it would change the outcome of the game but...I don't know, to me it would make sense. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/confused.gif

Don't start talkin bout how you upset Coach V or anything. He should have nothing to forgive you for, you played your best (hopefully). From what I saw, it didn't look like you guys gave up. It looks like Mike rubbed off on you guys. From what I saw, you guys played til the end and that's what counts. You know you're a smart guy and a great athlete, Missile, you don't need to be acting like this just because you lost a game. If I see you talkin like that again, ima have to slap some sense into ya...I'm serious, pull yourself together, you'll do better next time.
Kris

Kool Tarpon 21
09-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Thanks Kristen once again, you're right. I just don't like losing. I'm gonna practice harder and make our team practice hard too without messing around. I don't want to go from District Champs to District Chumps. I want our team to be the best out there. I hope we can show everybody. We're just gonna forget about this game and start fresh again. I hope we do good.

footballgal
09-09-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by sinton66:
That's a good response R13, no one should get down on the team, and no team member has anything to apologize for. All any of us can do is give it our best and see what happens. You guys will bounce back.

Your just starting to get real good at this pic thing Sinton66 aren't you?lol

eye of the tiger
09-09-2002, 09:46 AM

Looking good 66. Skull and bones very intemidating. arghhhhhhhhhhh matey.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-09-2002, 10:02 AM
Don't worry, Missle.......i'm still coming down from Dallas to watch PI vs. LF.

And also, i'm not disappointed with the loss, I wasn't there.........but I am concerned, though. I'm just wishing there was some way I could help.....but i'm not a coach yet, and i'm not a defensive genius so I can't offer any pointers in that regard. I'm an offense kind of guy, and I have NO CLUE what Monty runs, but judging from what Footballgal says, the offense is ok.

However, she's also right in saying that you guys need to keep sticking to what works. Or just K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) If your passing game ain't all that, and your running game is good.......if you wanted to win, what would you rather do?

One final question. Why isn't Frankie Herrera OR Orlando Ochoa the QB? I don't know who it was that started against PSJA, but from what I understand, he is a little guy? And Missle, you SHOULD be a RB instead of a WR.

Big Tarp 74
09-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Hey Sinton66 like that flag. Made a copy of it to my hard disk. Will try to make a Tarpon flag. Good to hear from you. Hope ya all did good against GP!

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited September 09, 2002).]

Big Tarp 74
09-09-2002, 10:37 AM
Tarponfannorthtexas, your right. Missle, should be at tailback, and Frankie should be at quarterback. But big guy, the defense was trying to play a zone. It looked to me that they were very lost at reading the offense setup. The coaches really need to sit down and explain this zone defense to them. There were many playes on defense that the ball players were still moving around in the secondary, not knowing were they were suppose to be. On offense, our little quarterback had lots of room to run, but would pass instead. Most of those were intersepted. I think the ball players are comming down to hard on themselves. If I look at the game as a scout would, this is what I would state: PSJA, offense line was always moving before the snap. PI, Defense was having trouble reading the Offense of PSJA while line up in a zone. PI, was forcing thing to happen, rather than working there way down the field. The Refs made some terible calls on both sides of the ball. PI, was asleep at the wheel on Punts, and kickoff returns. On one punt the PSJA team hiked the ball over the head of the kicker. Our team did not even know that the ball went over the head of the kicker. On a Kick off by PSJA, we started waving for a fare catch. Have no idea why we did that, it caught PSJA by supprise, they accepted it. On another Kick off by PSJA we just watched the ball bounce. Our players made not attempt to get it, so PSJA recovered it.
To sum it up, we just beat ourselves.

footballgal
09-09-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas:
And Missle, you SHOULD be a RB instead of a WR.[/B]

I have to disagree on this one, not that he can't play the RB position, but since he can't play both positions or allowed to (I think, can he??) He needs to stick with WR, he can burn alot of DBs and after that no one can catch him. He just needs the QB to get the ball to him, or at least close to him. They do need to run more of reverse plays with him either joey to him or even missile to joey. But what do I know, I am not a coach! Just sounding like a sideline coach.

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 09, 2002).]

footballgal
09-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Big Tarp 74:
Tarponfannorthtexas, your right. Missle, should be at tailback, and Frankie should be at quarterback. But big guy, the defense was trying to play a zone. It looked to me that they were very lost at reading the offense setup. The coaches really need to sit down and explain this zone defense to them. There were many playes on defense that the ball players were still moving around in the secondary, not knowing were they were suppose to be. On offense, our little quarterback had lots of room to run, but would pass instead. Most of those were intersepted. I think the ball players are comming down to hard on themselves. If I look at the game as a scout would, this is what I would state: PSJA, offense line was always moving before the snap. PI, Defense was having trouble reading the Offense of PSJA while line up in a zone. PI, was forcing thing to happen, rather than working there way down the field. The Refs made some terible calls on both sides of the ball. PI, was asleep at the wheel on Punts, and kickoff returns. On one punt the PSJA team hiked the ball over the head of the kicker. Our team did not even know that the ball went over the head of the kicker. On a Kick off by PSJA, we started waving for a fare catch. Have no idea why we did that, it caught PSJA by supprise, they accepted it. On another Kick off by PSJA we just watched the ball bounce. Our players made not attempt to get it, so PSJA recovered it.
To sum it up, we just beat ourselves.

That's about right Big Tarp, WE beat ourselves, even though PSJA has a very good team a win against them would have been great because of that reason.

Big Tarp 74
09-09-2002, 12:05 PM
Footballgal your also right, but the problem has been we have to small quarterback to to hit such a fast target. He cannot see him. It would be better to have frankie pass to him, or run. Frankie is a lot stronger than our current quarterback. If we cannot see the receivers to pass to them, then we have no passing game. The coaches need to sit down and decide how they are going to handle this problem. I beleive, I spoke of this problem early on. I also stated that our defense setups are different. This has added to cause confussion on defense. We are a very young football team. I expect to see mistakes, but the coaches need to get this stuff down to just the basics, if not, we are going to see more of what happend on saturday.

Originally posted by footballgal:
I have to disagree on this one, not that he can't play the RB position, but since he can't play both positions or allowed to (I think, can he??) He needs to stick with WR, he can burn alot of DBs and after that no one can catch him. He just needs the QB to get the ball to him, or at least close to him. They do need to run more of reverse plays with him either joey to him or even missile to joey. But what do I know, I am not a coach! Just sounding like a sideline coach.

SintonFan
09-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Kakarot:

I know this is a little off the subject, but that's a cool screen name. I love DBZ!
"That's the problem with you, Kakarot, you don't have true pride!"
Can you name who said that?

footballgal
09-09-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan:
I know this is a little off the subject, but that's a cool screen name. I love DBZ!

Hugh???? you'll have to explain what you just posted to me SintonFan.

SintonFan
09-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Hugh???? you'll have to explain what you just posted to me SintonFan.

I quoted something from Dragon Ball Z. That is something related to Kakarot's name I hope. Nothing to get excited about, hehe.
It was meant for Kakarot.

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 05:52 PM
Thanks Kristen once again, you're right. I just don't like losing. I'm gonna practice harder and make our team practice hard too without messing around. I don't want to go from District Champs to District Chumps. I want our team to be the best out there. I hope we can show everybody. We're just gonna forget about this game and start fresh again. I hope we do good.
Missile, you mean you hope you do WELL http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif
Anyway, if you keep thinking about titles and district, you're gonna get nowhere. Don't think about being the best, just think about doing your best. That's all we want to see. All we want to see is for you guys to go out there and play as well as you can. Don't worry about showing everybody, it doesn't matter. We just get pleasure from seeing you guys do your best and know that you're having fun out there, k? Good luck against falfurias.

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 05:54 PM
I still can't figure out how to do that pic thing. Does it have to be from a website or can it be a regular gif. or jpg.?

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Don't worry, Missle.......i'm still coming down from Dallas to watch PI vs. LF.

And also, i'm not disappointed with the loss, I wasn't there.........but I am concerned, though. I'm just wishing there was some way I could help.....but i'm not a coach yet, and i'm not a defensive genius so I can't offer any pointers in that regard. I'm an offense kind of guy, and I have NO CLUE what Monty runs, but judging from what Footballgal says, the offense is ok.

However, she's also right in saying that you guys need to keep sticking to what works. Or just K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) If your passing game ain't all that, and your running game is good.......if you wanted to win, what would you rather do?

One final question. Why isn't Frankie Herrera OR Orlando Ochoa the QB? I don't know who it was that started against PSJA, but from what I understand, he is a little guy? And Missle, you SHOULD be a RB instead of a WR.

Sorry, im responding to everything individually so i know what im responding to. Yeah, see Missile, you should be an RB, you're quick. And Gabriel...I dunno, he just seems to small to be a QB, can he even see over people? No offense to him though. He may be of better use somewhere else.
Missile, I think I can understand why you'd be a WR but there's always going to be someone there to intercept the ball no matter how quick you are, they're gonna have people on you the whol game, try RB, convince the coaches.

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 06:03 PM

If the QB is ever going to get the ball to Missile as a WR, the QB is going to have to know where he's throwing and with a tiny guy like Gabriel, there's no telling if he can even see over the opposing team members. Like I said, no offense to the guy but if you want to keep Missile WR, it may be a good idea to put Frankie or Lando as QB for most of the time. Thought I think Missile would be the best candidate for RB -state champion in track, what do you think??

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 06:06 PM
Footballgal your also right, but the problem has been we have to small quarterback to to hit such a fast target. He cannot see him. It would be better to have frankie pass to him, or run. Frankie is a lot stronger than our current quarterback. If we cannot see the receivers to pass to them, then we have no passing game. The coaches need to sit down and decide how they are going to handle this problem. I beleive, I spoke of this problem early on. I also stated that our defense setups are different. This has added to cause confussion on defense. We are a very young football team. I expect to see mistakes, but the coaches need to get this stuff down to just the basics, if not, we are going to see more of what happend on saturday.

Yeah, see if I would have read on before I started replying then I wouldn't even have to say it. But see- I said that same thing without hearing it from someone else so...I'm sure we're not the only ones that think that. Missile, you might want to run that by the coaches. Someone needs a change of position to improve your game. ...then what do i know..speaking of..gotta go to band practice. Later

footballgal
09-09-2002, 06:35 PM
I quoted something from Dragon Ball Z. That is something related to Kakarot's name I hope. Nothing to get excited about, hehe.
It was meant for Kakarot.

I know it was, but I didn't know Kakarot was actually had a significance to something; I still don't know what Dragon Ball Z is, is it a game or what? Oh, my God I am getting old I don't know what younger people are talking about it all sounds like mad gibberish to me! lol

sinton66
09-09-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TarponR13K:

I still can't figure out how to do that pic thing. Does it have to be from a website or can it be a regular gif. or jpg.?

Has to be an "active" site. It's called a "hotlink".

footballgal
09-09-2002, 06:53 PM
_______

SintonFan
09-09-2002, 06:57 PM
I know it was, but I didn't know Kakarot was actually had a significance to something; I still don't know what Dragon Ball Z is, is it a game or what? Oh, my God I am getting old I don't know what younger people are talking about it all sounds like mad gibberish to me! lol

DBZ is the 'mother of all anime's' in my book. There's something like 1000 episodes. I watched a few shows a couple of years ago and last year I got hooked! It's a great series!
("Kakarot" is Goku's Saiyan name)

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 09:28 PM
dont worry footballgal, im 16 and i have a few friends into dragon ballz or whatever its called...and its all basically mad jibberish to me as well.

SintonFan
09-09-2002, 09:42 PM
BTW, Kakarot, nothing bad was meant by my quote. I just figured if you were DBZ fan you would have known what I meant. Good luck to you guys!!!

Kool Tarpon 21
09-09-2002, 11:11 PM

I'm not a big DBZ fan, but I did watch it some time ago. I believe that Vegeta said that if I'm not mistaken.

Kool Tarpon 21
09-09-2002, 11:27 PM
I don't know why you people think I should be a RB. I never thought about that. I think I wouldn't do good because I am not experienced running the ball. I can learn, but it's a little too late to do that. Besides, I like being a receiver. I think Gabriel is a good QB. Not to diss Frankie or Lando, but I think Gabriel can throw better than both of them. I think Gabriel is a good QB, but he's too short. If only he was taller, he would be an awesome QB. It's kind of hard for him to look over the line. He has to find a way of overlooking that problem. I think he is a good QB though. I like playing Defense better anyways. I find it more exciting. I like offense too, but defense just makes me go crazy. We had a GREAT practice today. I know we will do better if we keep on practicing this way. The coaches got after us just like they are supposed to. I like them getting after us so we can become better players. If we keep this up, you will see a good game against Falfurrias this Friday. We play at 7:30, just in case anyone wanted to know. Well, see you all there.

SintonFan
09-09-2002, 11:39 PM
I'm not a big DBZ fan, but I did watch it some time ago. I believe that Vegeta said that if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct!
I hope you guys have a great season!!

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 11:52 PM
I don't know why you people think I should be a RB. I never thought about that. I think I wouldn't do good because I am not experienced running the ball. I can learn, but it's a little too late to do that. Besides, I like being a receiver. I think Gabriel is a good QB. Not to diss Frankie or Lando, but I think Gabriel can throw better than both of them. I think Gabriel is a good QB, but he's too short. If only he was taller, he would be an awesome QB. It's kind of hard for him to look over the line. He has to find a way of overlooking that problem. I think he is a good QB though. I like playing Defense better anyways. I find it more exciting. I like offense too, but defense just makes me go crazy. We had a GREAT practice today. I know we will do better if we keep on practicing this way. The coaches got after us just like they are supposed to. I like them getting after us so we can become better players. If we keep this up, you will see a good game against Falfurrias this Friday. We play at 7:30, just in case anyone wanted to know. Well, see you all there.

What's so hard about running the ball? You mean you wouldn't do WELL http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif Besides, what's so bad about becoming another Shaun? Personally, and you can figure out why, I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT And I'm sure you'd be fine at it.

Yeah- you do better when the coaches go psycho schizo on your @$$es, right? Hartsfield has this whole anger-management thing going, he thinks it will help us get to state with less stress so no more yelling and screaming, no more broken megaphones but....someone should realize that if that's what got us to state, why change all of the sudden when this year is a state year?
We're already behind and don't have time for anything. Notice how we didn't even play Eye of the Tiger for you guys on Saturday! SHeeit, the low brass and percussion didnt learn Iron Man til right before we left and even then at the game trey and i had to stop conducting and just flail our arms in the air telling them to stop playing. Gosh it was horrible.

Anyways, Frankie and Lando are young, and if Gabriel can't see over the line, he's never going to know where he's throwing the ball. Frankie and Lando just need practice, Gabriel needs a miracal growth spurt- now, which is easier to obtain and will help out the tarpons and those two potential QB's in the long run? Think about that one.
When Gabriel graduates, you have to think of who's going to take over and you know, they might as well become better throwers now. I'm not saying take Gabriel completely out, I'm saying it may be best if you rotate the others in that spot.
the game is here, right? Yeah...it is. yay. alrighty, see everyone there. good luck missile

TarponR13K
09-09-2002, 11:53 PM

Missile, you watched DBZ? How cute!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Kool Tarpon 21
09-10-2002, 06:32 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/rolleyes.gifI said I watched it some time ago. I hardly ever watch it anymore.

Big Tarp 74
09-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Kool Tarpon 21, I was thinking of how you would be able to fix the current issue at quarterback. If PI was to line up in the shotgun, just like Los Fresnos, this would cause the defenses to spread. With our speed alone, we could realy hurt teams. If you line up four receviers to the outside, and have a single back, it would be hard to contain us. We could have a number of sets. This would put a great amount of pressure on the defense trying to stop you. This would also give our smaller quarterback a chance to pass the ball. Since we run an option, I beleive it would not be hard to slide into the run and shoot or the shotgun.

Big Tarp 74
09-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Kool Tarpon 21, I was thinking of how you would be able to fix the current issue at quarterback. If PI was to line up in the shotgun, just like Los Fresnos, this would cause the defenses to spread. With our speed alone, we could realy hurt teams. If you line up four receviers to the outside, and have a single back, it would be hard to contain us. We could have a number of sets. This would put a great amount of pressure on the defense trying to stop you. This would also give our smaller quarterback a chance to pass the ball. Since we run an option, I beleive it would not be hard to slide into the run and shoot or the shotgun.

footballgal
09-10-2002, 01:24 PM

hmmm... that's sounds like a great play/idea and that might just work especially in the QB postion,that would definitely let him see better over the line! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

footballgal
09-10-2002, 01:30 PM
.... Listen to us, poor Coach Staumbagh! He's the coach, I will let him take care of that dept.
Sorry Coach!

Big Tarp 74
09-10-2002, 02:50 PM
Your right, just something to think about. Just thinking out loud.

.... Listen to us, poor Coach Staumbagh! He's the coach, I will let him take care of that dept.
Sorry Coach!

TarponR13K
09-10-2002, 05:35 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/rolleyes.gifI said I watched it some time ago. I hardly ever watch it anymore.

awww, nah, are you rolling your eyes at me??!! No need to be embarassed lol. ha, that's still cute http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

Kool Tarpon 21
09-10-2002, 11:10 PM
I don't know what we are going to do against Los Fresnos, but I hope we do alright. We have good plays and I think we will do alright against them. Right now we are concentrating about Falfurrias. Hopefully we do as well as we are doing in practice. We shouldn't have that many mistakes anymore. Well, that's all I have to say.

SintonFan
09-10-2002, 11:34 PM
I don't know what we are going to do against Los Fresnos, but I hope we do alright. We have good plays and I think we will do alright against them. Right now we are concentrating about Falfurrias. Hopefully we do as well as we are doing in practice. We shouldn't have that many mistakes anymore. Well, that's all I have to say.

Fal is a good team. Take them very serious! Their loss to West Oso will only make this game harder. Yall know that, of course.
Hehe, have fun...
I still think Kakarot is a great screen name!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-11-2002, 01:32 AM
Hey y'all....sorry i've been gone for so long, but i'm back now.

Missle, what's wrong with being a RB??? I'll tell you this much, when I played, I HATED being TE.....then when Coach Tony would put me in at fullback, THAT WAS THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!

I believe you can be a great RB just because you are 100% natural athlete with GREAT speed. You could probably beat everyone on the defense to the outside if you ran a simple pitch to the left or right. Just ask Coach Monty to try you out there and see how you do. Who knows? You might like it!

Big Tarp - The day Port Isabel runs a spread/run and shoot type offense will be the day HELL FREEZES OVER. It'll NEVER happen. So forget about it. Unless Steve Spurrier was our coach.......like that'll ever happen.

In regard to the QB position. I mean no disrespect to Gabe Alvarez, but if I even wanted a passing game for my offense, i'd much prefer to have a taller QB who can at least see over the offensive line. Port Isabel's most successful quarterbacks, (Donald Guillot, Mike Lobue, Gabe Villarreal) were 5'11, 6'0, and 6'2 respectively, and all three could throw. I know Lando Ochoa would be a good QB because he's got great arm strength (stronger from playing varsity baseball last year as a freshman), and also.......because he's my cousin!!! Footballgal, R13, y'all are right about the coaches needing to get together and figure out where to put certain people at certain positions. Hopefully they can find the right combination before it is too late.

P.S. - DBZ ROCKS!!!! And yes, it was Vegeta that said that particular quote. Even though i'm 25 now, I still watch it. But I haven't seen much of it after the Garlic Jr. saga.....have seen a few Maajin Buu episodes, but not much after that........

footballgal
09-11-2002, 07:58 AM

My volleyball coach would always say, "The way you practice is the way you will play". And in my personal expeierence I found it to be so very true! So you'll keep practicing hard, and practice hard on EACH drill and play, that is the key, because then it becomes almost instinctly. Can't wait for Friday Night!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Luv Ya Blue!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 11, 2002).]

SintonFan
09-11-2002, 10:42 AM
P.S. - DBZ ROCKS!!!! And yes, it was Vegeta that said that particular quote. Even though i'm 25 now, I still watch it. But I haven't seen much of it after the Garlic Jr. saga.....have seen a few Maajin Buu episodes, but not much after that........

Hehe, I'm 32 (yes, I'm sure it just seems I'm immature LOL) and I am hooked. I've seen up to current Maajin Buu, but have alot of catching up in the earlier series. It's not a cartoon. It's anime... http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Hehe, I'm 32 (yes, I'm sure it just seems I'm immature LOL) and I am hooked. I've seen up to current Maajin Buu, but have alot of catching up in the earlier series. It's not a cartoon. It's anime... http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

Ok, here we go......progression of bad guys. Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta, Freiza, Garlic Jr., The Androids, Cell, and now Maajin Buu.

I've seen only a few from the Raditz series. Have seen most of the Nappa and Vegeta series, saw pretty much ALL of the Freiza series, about half of the Garlic Jr. series, NONE of the Androids series, a little of the Cell series, and just a few of the Maajin Buu series. THAT'S A LOT OF EPISODES, and even then, I probably haven't seen HALF of the episodes.

Big Tarp 74
09-11-2002, 01:43 PM
NorthTexasFan why do you think, PI could not run the run and shoot, or the shotgun. It seem to me that they could be more effective, because they will not be caught as quick at the line, and it will cause mismatches to occure between the linemen and the backs. The linebackers will not be able to stay up close to the line, because the quarterbacks can rollout, pitch, run or pass. Please explain, your thoughts on this.

Missle, what's wrong with being a RB??? I'll tell you this much, when I played, I HATED being TE.....then when Coach Tony would put me in at fullback, THAT WAS THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!

I believe you can be a great RB just because you are 100% natural athlete with GREAT speed. You could probably beat everyone on the defense to the outside if you ran a simple pitch to the left or right. Just ask Coach Monty to try you out there and see how you do. Who knows? You might like it!

Big Tarp - The day Port Isabel runs a spread/run and shoot type offense will be the day HELL FREEZES OVER. It'll NEVER happen. So forget about it. Unless Steve Spurrier was our coach.......like that'll ever happen.

In regard to the QB position. I mean no disrespect to Gabe Alvarez, but if I even wanted a passing game for my offense, i'd much prefer to have a taller QB who can at least see over the offensive line. Port Isabel's most successful quarterbacks, (Donald Guillot, Mike Lobue, Gabe Villarreal) were 5'11, 6'0, and 6'2 respectively, and all three could throw. I know Lando Ochoa would be a good QB because he's got great arm strength (stronger from playing varsity baseball last year as a freshman), and also.......because he's my cousin!!! Footballgal, R13, y'all are right about the coaches needing to get together and figure out where to put certain people at certain positions. Hopefully they can find the right combination before it is too late.

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited September 11, 2002).]

Big Tarp 74
09-11-2002, 01:43 PM

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-11-2002, 05:25 PM
NorthTexasFan why do you think, PI could not run the run and shoot, or the shotgun. It seem to me that they could be more effective, because they will not be caught as quick at the line, and it will cause mismatches to occure between the linemen and the backs. The linebackers will not be able to stay up close to the line, because the quarterbacks can rollout, pitch, run or pass. Please explain, your thoughts on this.

Find me a TALL QB that can throw the ball 45 to 50 yards down the field, then it MIGHT be possible........then again, Port Isabel has been a running team for the LONGEST time, and football PURISTS, like myself, would hate to see Port Isabel shy away from the running game that has served them well for decades.

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited September 11, 2002).]