PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Softball Coach Resigns After Arrest

piratebg
07-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Sinton teacher resigns following accusations
By Mary Ann Cavazos (Contact)
Monday, July 2, 2007

A 35-year-old Sinton High School varsity softball coach and geography teacher resigned Monday after accusations surfaced he had an improper relationship with one of his students, district officials said.

Andres “Andy” Villasana was arrested Friday night at a family member’s home on charges of an improper relationship between an educator and a student, said Sinton Police Chief Eugenio De Leon.

De Leon said Villasana, who also worked as an assistant football coach at the high school, is accused of being sexually involved with an 18-year-old student.

He was released from the San Patricio County Jail on a $30,000 bond early Monday, according to jail officials.

Interim Superintendent Sam May said he was still unsure of much of the details of the ongoing investigation.

“We don’t know a whole lot about it,” May said adding Villasana’s resignation is effective immediately. “We’re kind of in limbo right now.”

Contact Mary Ann Cavazos at 886-3623 or cavazosm@caller.com

District303aPastPlayer
07-02-2007, 06:33 PM
wondered how long before it would make it here.

piratebg
07-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
wondered how long before it would make it here.

I just saw it on the news and wondered why I didn't see it here first.

luvhoops34
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
I read it in the paper earlier but didn't post it out of respect for P4S.

piratebg
07-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I guess I'm just the last person to find out. You never like hearing about stuff like this, and you never expect it to happen in your town or your school. I don't know the coach and I'm not going to call him a bad person. The girl is an adult and so is he. The only problem was that she was a student.

luvhoops34
07-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I guess I'm just the last person to find out. You never like hearing about stuff like this, and you never expect it to happen in your town or your school. I don't know the coach and I'm not going to call him a bad person. The girl is an adult and so is he. The only problem was that she was a student.

Amen.

pirateman98
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM

NO your not always the last! I just heard about it here...and I feel like a great shock come through me. I just finished seeing him and his wife at the softball games. It hit me hard and I hope nothing but the best from this situation. I hope the girls will recover from a hit like this...I hope they will make it through what I know is going to be a hard pill to swallow! May God be with all people involved!

lostaussie
07-02-2007, 07:29 PM
the Godfather will not be amused!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
07-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I guess I'm just the last person to find out. You never like hearing about stuff like this, and you never expect it to happen in your town or your school. I don't know the coach and I'm not going to call him a bad person. The girl is an adult and so is he. The only problem was that she was a student. :( this had surfaced several months ago and unfortunately it was true.

sinton66
07-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
the Godfather will not be amused!!!!!!

No sir, he certainly won't.

SWMustang
07-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I read it in the paper earlier but didn't post it out of respect for P4S.

nm

g$$
07-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Sad deal, good luck to all in that area moving forward.

sinton66
07-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks,g$$.

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sad deal, good luck to all in that area moving forward.
Ditto.....

Phil C
07-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
No sir, he certainly won't.

This is a disappointment and big hurt to me. I knew about it too before the story broke but just couldn't post it earlier. I don't want to be judgemental at all but everyone just has to move on. I also didnt' post because I felt I didn't have all the information which probably is the case since Mr. May doesn't know much about it either.

Like I mentioned I am not going to judge this sad situation but just say "Coach V thank you for the great years you gave us as coach and good luck in your future and best of luck to everyone else concerned."

I feel bad putting this one ttt but you can't bury your head in the sand and you have to take the bad with the good.

:(

pirate4state
07-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I feel bad putting this one ttt but you can't bury your head in the sand and you have to take the bad with the good.

:(

I hear ya Phil, I hear ya.

This has been an awful time for everyone involved. These things are rarely easy and there are so many stories out there it'll make your head spin.

Most of you know how involved I was this year with the softball team and aside from his family, I feel really bad for the rest of the team. They didn't deserve this and it is a real shame. :dispntd: :dispntd: Trying to find a coach to replace him this late is gonna be damn near impossible.

*sigh* :(

District303aPastPlayer
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
has a search begun... or are we looking interim?

mustang04
07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
i dont see any problem since they are both adults...if they are both adults i think they should be able to have any kinda relationship they wanted, they jsut shouldnt be allowed to show affection at school just like highschool couples

but then again..this is why i'm NOT going to be a teacher:D

luvhoops34
07-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i dont see any problem since they are both adults...if they are both adults i think they should be able to have any kinda relationship they wanted, they jsut shouldnt be allowed to show affection at school just like highschool couples

Good move, Reggie!:D

luvhoops34
07-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Just for the record, Coach Villasana used to coach baseball and football at Poth. :D

District303aPastPlayer
07-03-2007, 12:48 PM

but its still against the law... and allegations surfaced last year... as stated earlier in the thread...

dogdad
07-03-2007, 01:32 PM

It IS a problem. Teachers and students cannot have this type of relationship. The student may not understand this, but the teacher absolutely does understand it. A teacher cannot allow himself to even give the appearance of an improper relationship with a student. I don't know if this allegation is true, but if he is falsely accused, I can't imagine why he would resign. He may be a good man who had a moment of weakness or bad judgement, but again, as a teacher/coach, one cannot allow this to happen.

As for this preventing you from becoming a teacher.....well, maybe it's for the best.

maroonpirate04
07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Another big story in a small town first the underage drinking party and now this teacher/student dating situation:( in just one year

piratebg
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Another big story in a small town first the underage drinking party and now this teacher/student dating situation:( in just one year

Stuff happens here all the time, just like in other small towns. Because we are a decent distance from the city, it's a lot easier to keep everything under the rug.

Ranger Mom
07-03-2007, 02:41 PM

Oh well....you prefer older women anyway!!:p

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh well....you prefer older women anyway!!:p

Only because they might have Alzheimers and not know what he is doing.

Ranger Mom
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Only because they might have Alzheimers and not know what he is doing.

I have met Reggie on several occasions.....if I was 20 years younger................man oh man!!!:inlove:

AP Panther Fan
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM

I think vandals burned down a building on campus somewhere in there too....

Geez, we all have our problems...glass houses, rocks, yadda yadda yadda:thinking:

Ranger Mom
07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I think vandals burned down a building on campus somewhere in there too....

Geez, we all have our problems...glass houses, rocks, yadda yadda yadda:thinking:

Every school has some skeleton in their closets......some just seem to leak out more than others!!

Pudlugger
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM

No there is a problem if these charges are true, three really:

1) He is married and violated a sacred trust with his wife and if he has children they too will be hurt by this.

2) He was in a position of authority over this 18 year old women which makes the whole issue of consent in doubt.

3) He was entrusted with the welfare of all his students and players by their parents and he violated that trust.

If this is true he should never be allowed to teach at any level ever again.

If that 18 year old were my daughter she would have some serious 'splainen to do.

Sad yes, but appalling is a better word to describe this affair. Enough with the relativistic shades of gray here. This is plain wrong.:mad:

g$$
07-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

1) He is married and violated a sacred trust with his wife and if he has children they too will be hurt by this.

2) He was in a position of authority over this 18 year old women which makes the whole issue of consent in doubt.

3) He was entrusted with the welfare of all his students and players by their parents and he violated that trust.

If that 18 year old were my daughter she would have some serious 'splainen to do.

Sad yes, but appalling is a better word to describe this affair. Enough with the relativistic shades of gray here. This is plain wrong.:mad:

Agreed. If the allegations are true, this man broke the law. He also violated the moral & ethical code his profession requires. I feel badly for his family & that of the 18 year old girl. The 2 in question knew what they were doing was wrong every step of the way.

Blastoderm55
07-03-2007, 04:45 PM

Agreed 100%

Gobbla2001
07-03-2007, 04:51 PM
underage drinking party

there are atleast 50 of those in every town every year so that's not anything to be ashamed of...

Ranger Mom
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
there are atleast 50 of those in every town every year so that's not anything to be ashamed of...

nothing to brag about either though!!:p

Gobbla2001
07-03-2007, 05:00 PM
nothing to brag about either though!!:p

hell, can't brag about having a face in a room full of people with faces :p

luvhoops34
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM

Unfortunately, things like this happen all over. It just made the news, so more people know about it. All small towns have skeletons in the closet.

slpybear the bullfan
07-03-2007, 05:37 PM
My commentand a question....

1.) Sinton... don't feel like you are the only town to ever see this kind of stuff. It happens all the time in small towns all over.

2.) Now for the question... What part of the story dealt with the Man's arrest? What law did he break?

I am not siding with the accused... indeed, the guy is a royal @$$ for cheating on his wife and having an affair with a student.

I just am ignorant of the law here... If a 35 YO male has a relationship with an 18 YO female, it is consentual, and does not occur in a location that violates local statutes, then it is legal. Did some other law come into play here?

Again, not "rooting" for the accused, (or anyone in this sad case), just curious on the technical legal aspect.

slpybear the bullfan
07-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Never mind...

"A 2003 Texas law prohibits school employees from engaging in sexual acts with students, even if the student has attained the age of consent."

Amazing... Our great State has elected officials that CAN get it right sometimes. Good law.

Ranger354
07-03-2007, 07:26 PM
When I was in school at Sinton one of the cheerleaders showed up at a football game drunk! That was in the 70's. She also had a fling with one of the coaches.

This ain't nothing new......

If true he is a cad. Any man that cheats on his wife is juvenile. Any woman that cheats on her husband is a (BEEEEEEEEEEP).

Something to think about:

John 8:7
"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone against her (him)."

sinton66
07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
My commentand a question....

1.) Sinton... don't feel like you are the only town to ever see this kind of stuff. It happens all the time in small towns all over.

2.) Now for the question... What part of the story dealt with the Man's arrest? What law did he break?

I am not siding with the accused... indeed, the guy is a royal @$$ for cheating on his wife and having an affair with a student.

I just am ignorant of the law here... If a 35 YO male has a relationship with an 18 YO female, it is consentual, and does not occur in a location that violates local statutes, then it is legal. Did some other law come into play here?

Again, not "rooting" for the accused, (or anyone in this sad case), just curious on the technical legal aspect.

The legal age of consent in Texas is 17, EXCEPT in the case of students and teachers. There was a law passed in 2003 that makes it illegal regardless.

Sorry, didn't see you found it.;)

District303aPastPlayer
07-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
When I was in school at Sinton one of the cheerleaders showed up at a football game drunk! That was in the 70's. She also had a fling with one of the coaches.

This ain't nothing new......

If true he is a cad. Any man that cheats on his wife is juvenile. Any woman that cheats on her husband is a (BEEEEEEEEEEP).

Something to think about:

John 8:7
"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone against her (him)."

is that the same girl that married the coach?

Ranger354
07-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Don't think so, but could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time! Ask my wife..........lol

District303aPastPlayer
07-04-2007, 08:54 PM
anyone get todays paper?

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 12:16 PM
So, this is a fact, not a rumor? Do I think some coaches are falsely accused? Maybe, but I think more often it's the truth. IMHO I think coaches get way too involved with the kids they coach. Maybe girl's sports should only have female coaches....what do you think???:thinking:

luvhoops34
07-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
So, this is a fact, not a rumor? Do I think some coaches are falsely accused? Maybe, but I think more often it's the truth. IMHO I think coaches get way too involved with the kids they coach. Maybe girl's sports should only have female coaches....what do you think???:thinking:

Uh, that depends on the sexual orientation of the female coach......:(

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Uh, that depends on the sexual orientation of the female coach......:(
True...I thought about that after I hit send. YUCK!!!! Just confirms that the coach/student relationship is way too close too many times.....I understand how it gets to be so close, but then there is a line that can't be crossed and the teacher is the adult and if he/she crosses that line, they need to be fired and prevented from ever teaching/coaching again. I wonder how many teachers/coaches have just been shoved on down the road to another school in these cases......our kids are at risk here for some pathological abusers! Think about it. If you see or think something isn't right in your school and a teacher/coach isn't interacting right with a student, it's your, our responsibility to say something to the admin. Don't look the other way...just because he/she's a winning coach. And Phil, if this coach IS innocent, then he deserves a pat on the back.....but surely NOT if he's guilty, he's a preditor of those girls you are always talking about. Let's cut the "good ole boys" thinking here.

CenTexSports
07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
As mentioned before, this has been going on for a long time. When I was in the fifth grade (1965), I had the most beautiful student teacher you could have. Seven years later in another town, her husband was my football coach. A year or two later, he was coaching in Aledo and he had an affair with a cheer leader. To this day I can't see why such a nice guy would do this to his beautiful wife and kids.

I don't believe all coaches that do this are predators but they are law breakers and should pay the appropriate price.

I also went to a training class on sexual harrassment a few years ago and the lawyer that hale the class told us a story about an older (21) male life guard that used sexual harrassment to get one of the younger (17) female life guards to go out with him. He said that the harrassment went on for over six months and it was pretty obvious. However no charges were filed and he (the lawyer) had been married to her for 20 years and she had forgiven him.

mwynn05
07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
True...I thought about that after I hit send. YUCK!!!! Just confirms that the coach/student relationship is way too close too many times.....I understand how it gets to be so close, but then there is a line that can't be crossed and the teacher is the adult and if he/she crosses that line, they need to be fired and prevented from ever teaching/coaching again. I wonder how many teachers/coaches have just been shoved on down the road to another school in these cases......our kids are at risk here for some pathological abusers! Think about it. If you see or think something isn't right in your school and a teacher/coach isn't interacting right with a student, it's your, our responsibility to say something to the admin. Don't look the other way...just because he/she's a winning coach. And Phil, if this coach IS innocent, then he deserves a pat on the back.....but surely NOT if he's guilty, he's a preditor of those girls you are always talking about. Let's cut the "good ole boys" thinking here. you act like its always male teachers and coaches...apparently you dont watch the news and see that females do it too

Ranger Mom
07-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
As mentioned before, this has been going on for a long time. When I was in the fifth grade (1965), I had the most beautiful student teacher you could have. Seven years later in another town, her husband was my football coach. A year or two later, he was coaching in Aledo and he had an affair with a cheer leader. To this day I can't see why such a nice guy would do this to his beautiful wife and kids.

I don't believe all coaches that do this are predators but they are law breakers and should pay the appropriate price.

I also went to a training class on sexual harrassment a few years ago and the lawyer that hale the class told us a story about an older (21) male life guard that used sexual harrassment to get one of the younger (17) female life guards to go out with him. He said that the harrassment went on for over six months and it was pretty obvious. However no charges were filed and he (the lawyer) had been married to her for 20 years and she had forgiven him.

So......the lawyer was the lifeguard and his wife was the one he was harrasing "back in the day"??

Phil C
07-05-2007, 01:39 PM
True...I thought about that after I hit send. YUCK!!!! Just confirms that the coach/student relationship is way too close too many times.....I understand how it gets to be so close, but then there is a line that can't be crossed and the teacher is the adult and if he/she crosses that line, they need to be fired and prevented from ever teaching/coaching again. I wonder how many teachers/coaches have just been shoved on down the road to another school in these cases......our kids are at risk here for some pathological abusers! Think about it. If you see or think something isn't right in your school and a teacher/coach isn't interacting right with a student, it's your, our responsibility to say something to the admin. Don't look the other way...just because he/she's a winning coach. And Phil, if this coach IS innocent, then he deserves a pat on the back.....but surely NOT if he's guilty, he's a preditor of those girls you are always talking about. Let's cut the "good ole boys" thinking here.

I don't see my connection with good ole boys thinking that is implied. Right now the best thing to do is let the law run its' course in this matter.

mustang04
07-05-2007, 01:44 PM

well of course that is wrong, didnt know he was married

CenTexSports
07-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Yes

Gobbla2001
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
well of course that is wrong, didnt know he was married
yup, married, coached his wife... wife is 19

okay, not really... but cheating is the biggest problem I see with this situation...

I know it's against the rules since she was a student... but 18 is legal outside of that (thought very weird)...

mustang04
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
yup, married, coached his wife... wife is 19

okay, not really... but cheating is the biggest problem I see with this situation...

I know it's against the rules since she was a student... but 18 is legal outside of that (thought very weird)...

nvm

Ranger Mom
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I think this is a case where a court of law needs to judge him and not us.

It is unclear at this point that the law has even been broken.....and in the case of his marriage, that would be a moral issue, but we don't even know the circumstances there either.

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2007, 01:53 PM

It is unclear at this point that the law has even been broken.....and in the case of his marriage, that would be a moral issue, but we don't even know the circumstances there either.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
07-05-2007, 02:01 PM

Absolutely....and besides....

All of this discussion is hurting our dear friends....

I wish everyone would just drop it....:(

pirateman98
07-05-2007, 02:57 PM

IN MY HONEST OPINION...WHETHER THE COACH IS A MAN OR FEMALE, GAY or straight, THEY COACH HAS TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS!!! I THINK MEN AND WOMEN CAN COACH WHO EVER THEY CHOOSE, BUT MUST NOT ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE OVERCOME BY THEIR LUSTFULL DESIRES FOR ANOTHER PERSON, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ONE ENVOLVED IS A STUDENT AND THE OTHER IS A TEACHER. I KNOW THAT THERE IS A SPECIAL BOND THERE, BUT YOU BETRAY THAT BOND WHEN YOU DECIDE TO SLEEP WITH A STUDENT!!

I KNOW HAD HE DECIDED TO HAVE RELATIONS WITH HER AFTER SHE GRADUATED, NO ONE WOULD BE MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT AT ALL. I KNOW I WOULDN'T CARE BECAUSE I WOULD SEE IT AS BOTH OF THEM BEING ADULTS. BUT DON'T BE A HYPROCRITE, HAD IT BEEN TWO MEN OR TWO WOMEN DOING IT...YA'LL WOULD SCREAM "PRISON" FOR THE TEACHER THAT WAS ENVOLVED!!

AGAIN, I DON'T THINK HE SHOULD. OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER, HAVE SLEPT WITH THAT STUDENT. IF HE REALLY WANTED TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER, HE SHOULD HAVE WAITED UNTIL AFTER SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT SCHOOL ANYMORE. I HOPE FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE ENVOLVED, WHETHER IT WAS THE STUDENT, TEACHER, FAMILY, AND OTHERS, MAY GOD MAKE THE BEST OUT OF THIS SITUATION!!

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
you act like its always male teachers and coaches...apparently you dont watch the news and see that females do it too
No, I know females do it also...for sure....not right either way.

Ranger Mom
07-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
BUT DON'T BE A HYPROCRITE, HAD IT BEEN TWO MEN OR TWO WOMEN DOING IT...YA'LL WOULD SCREAM "PRISON" FOR THE TEACHER THAT WAS ENVOLVED!!

Who exactly is this "ya'll" you are screaming at???

I never have thought of this in terms of a gay/straight issue!

Please don't include all of us in the inane ramblings of another!!

Phantom Stang
07-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Absolutely....and besides....

All of this discussion is hurting our dear friends....

I wish everyone would just drop it....:(
ditto

Let's discuss this subject when it doesn't involve people that many of our posters know personally.

Ranger Mom
07-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I have honestly thought about moving this thread off of here.

So...if it disappears all the sudden, you know who to blame and send nasty PM's too!

I will try to make sure my box is cleaned out!

Gobbla2001
07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
clean it now, I've got one on deck... jk

honestly, it sucks that some of our posters are personally involved in this... but we talk about it all of the time when it happens somewhere else...

so do we get rid of any talk of teachers and students having relationships, or just the ones that involve someone personally?

Gobbla2001
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM

honestly, it sucks that some of our posters are personally involved in this... but we talk about it all of the time when it happens somewhere else...

so do we get rid of any talk of teachers and students having relationships, or just the ones that involve someone personally?

so basically what I'm saying is that when it happens somewhere else are we gunna be allowed talk about it without any problems?

pirateman98
07-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Who exactly is this "ya'll" you are screaming at???

I never have thought of this in terms of a gay/straight issue!

Please don't include all of us in the inane ramblings of another!!

I meant it as a general statement and I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. As someone once told me, "The guilty flee when no one persuses!"

pirate4state
07-05-2007, 03:20 PM

Do you know any of these other teachers/students personally? I know both in this situation and his family.

It just sucks because I am close to the situation and my friends feel the need to stick up for me. To them I say "thank you" to the rest of you well....I'll just go with what my momma taught me!

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
This thread was started by a Sinton poster, was it not? I don't live anywhere near there, so I don't know who knows who there. I was just commenting on the subject in general. But I don't think anyone should hide the guilty...which I am assuming he is in this case, correct me if he's not....and I don't mean in the legal sense, but in the sense that it happened.

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
all i gotta say is that in MY opinion...if 2 ppl are single adults...then they should be able to date....regardless of one's profession....if you like someone, you like them

Gobbla2001
07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Do you know any of these other teachers/students personally? I know both in this situation and his family.

It just sucks because I am close to the situation and my friends feel the need to stick up for me. To them I say "thank you" to the rest of you well....I'll just go with what my momma taught me!

I acknowledged the fact that y'all are involved personally... I was asking an honest question... so defensive, tisk...

but when it does happen somewhere else, those against this thread continuing should not be allowed to reply to the next one... that's only fair...

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2007, 03:25 PM
This thread was started by a Sinton poster, was it not? I don't live anywhere near there, so I don't know who knows who there. I was just commenting on the subject in general. But I don't think anyone should hide the guilty...which I am assuming he is in this case, correct me if he's not....and I don't mean in the legal sense, but in the sense that it happened. Arrested, yes. Proven to be guilty? Not yet. Whether it happened or not? Only those allegedly involved know for sure.

pirate4state
07-05-2007, 03:27 PM
This thread was started by a Sinton poster, was it not? I don't live anywhere near there, so I don't know who knows who there. I was just commenting on the subject in general. But I don't think anyone should hide the guilty...which I am assuming he is in this case, correct me if he's not....and I don't mean in the legal sense, but in the sense that it happened.

No one is hiding the guilty!! :rolleyes:

The posters that are asking that it die down know why it HURTS me to read all these opinions. I don't want it to be moved off the board, but all these broad generalizations are a bit much especially from people who KNOW NOTHING about what is going on!

Ranger Mom
07-05-2007, 03:27 PM
that's only fair...

:confused: :confused:
Since when have we ever been fair??:p :D

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM

Why do you need sticking up for? You know the people involved, but you didn't do it. I am sure it's hard to accept that someone you know could do something like this. But if they did, do you still support them, knowing what they did? Again, I'm assuming he really did do it. No one on here has said he didn't....I mean did he get caught red handed?? People are falsely accused, something that would be horrible to endure, if you were innocent.

pirate4state
07-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Since when have we ever been fair??:p :D No poop.

Gobbla2001
Since when have we ever been fair??:p :D

aint that the truth :inlove:

Ranger Mom
so basically what I'm saying is that when it happens somewhere else are we gunna be allowed talk about it without any problems?

I was actually just kidding when I posted that......and I could have sworn I used smilies, and there isn't a single one on that entire post!!:thinking: :mad:

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:30 PM
all i gotta say is that in MY opinion...if 2 ppl are single adults...then they should be able to date....regardless of one's profession....if you like someone, you like them
But not if one is student of one's....right?

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Arrested, yes. Proven to be guilty? Not yet. Whether it happened or not? Only those allegedly involved know for sure.

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM
But not if one is student of one's....right?

rephrase that...dont think i quite understand it

pirate4state
07-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Why do you need sticking up for? You know the people involved, but you didn't do it. I am sure it's hard to accept that someone you know could do something like this. But if they did, do you still support them, knowing what they did? Again, I'm assuming he really did do it. No one on here has said he didn't....I mean did he get caught red handed?? People are falsely accused, something that would be horrible to endure, if you were innocent.

Well, duh I didn't do anything wrong, but they are my friends so the entire thing sucks for me, but go ahead and just keep on! :thumbsup:

You are so wrapped up in black & white that you can't see the shades of gray.

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Maybe I have read this all wrong.....he was arrested and then resigned, before he was tried for it? Or what?

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Maybe I have read this all wrong.....he was arrested and then resigned, before he was tried for it? Or what?
Yes, that is correct.

Phil C
07-05-2007, 03:34 PM
The thing is that some things are misunderstood now. Some interpret that some are defending the coach and vice versa and words are taken in a different meaning than intended. When that happens whether something like this happens in Sinton, Liberty Hill, Abiline Wylie then it should be closed and dropped for right now till further news comes out.

My first official command on this web site as the GodFather.

Close this thread now!

(now we will see if I have any authority) :)

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:34 PM
rephrase that...dont think i quite understand it

nvm......no...i still think they should be able to....why is it so 'wrong' if a teacher has a relationship with a student who is of age...as long as their is no affection shown on school grounds i dont see the problem

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
(now we will see if I have any authority) :)
Sorry.....you don't. ;)

Bandera YaYa
Well, duh I didn't do anything wrong, but they are my friends so the entire thing sucks for me, but go ahead and just keep on! :thumbsup:

You are so wrapped up in black & white that you can't see the shades of gray.
Well, forgive me for thinking that a teacher sleeping with a student IS black and white. Grey doesnt exist in this. BUT THEN AGAIN.....only if he actually DID do it. Excuses don't count here.

Phil C
Sorry.....you don't. ;)

I didn't think so. What about undue influence? :)

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, forgive me for thinking that a teacher sleeping with a student IS black and white. Grey doesnt exist in this. BUT THEN AGAIN.....only if he actually DID do it. Excuses don't count here.
i think there is a whole field of grey in a situation like this

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
nvm......no...i still think they should be able to....why is it so 'wrong' if a teacher has a relationship with a student who is of age...as long as their is no affection shown on school grounds i dont see the problem
Sorry. but that is the thinking of a young boy. I would have thought better of you!

Phil C

Hey you didn't wish me a Happy Birthday on June 28th!

:confused:

Ranger Mom

I don't know what my stance is on that....especially if one is married.....but, I posted this a couple of weeks ago.....how can I say THEY were wrong???

I went to school with a girl who started secretly dating one of the coaches at the end of her sophomore year..he was in his early 20's. They finally got caught her senior year....no charges were filed, but he was "let out" of his contract.

They got married as soon as we graduated........25 years, 4 kids and several grandkids later.....they are still going strong!!

He's coaching again and she teaches elementary school!

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:38 PM
i think there is a whole field of grey in a situation like this
BUT THERE SHOULDN'T BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:39 PM

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:42 PM

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:43 PM

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:46 PM
no, i believe its the thinking of someone who believes that if 2 ppl really like each other and are both of age, there shouldnt be any restrictions
Even when one is a teacher and one is a student??? ..."really like each other"....BLAH....... a 35 yr old teacher who really likes an 18 yr old student, has some SERIOUS problems when he crosses the line over to having sex with her....what moral code does this set?? So when your daughter is in hs and you find out that she is having sex with her math teacher, you'll just give her a little wink and tell her to go for it?????? We can always make something morally wrong, right, if we want to.

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:49 PM
NO!!!!! what if one was a young man in his 20s and she was 18 and they really did love each other....i think just cuz him being a teacher is the reason they cant be together is stupid...completely stupid...if no affection is shown on school grounds i see nooo problem...she's 18 and is an adult
WEll rules are there for a reason. He waits until she is no longer his student. Period. Because, if the 20 yr old is allowed to do it, then a 46 yr old can do it...or a 52 yr old.....

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:50 PM

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:51 PM

rangerjim
07-05-2007, 03:52 PM
you go bandereayaya

mustang04
07-05-2007, 03:54 PM
We can always make something morally wrong, right, if we want to.
let me get this straight.....i believe YOU were the one defending gay rights and all that stuff a loooong time ago...and then your sitting there trying to preach about morals????

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
you can't use that situation...when i'm a father i dont want my daughter having sex with ANYONE in highschool...whether they are in HS with her...a college guy somewhere...or a teacher! and WHAT IF they hadnt had sex...what if they really do like each other and havent had sex???

you really think it's impossible for a teacher and a student who is of age to truly have feelings for each other???

WEll, do you honestly think this girls dad thinks any different? I would think not! It's easy to think oh why not.....no big deal....but IT IS!!!! Crossing the line doesn't have to be having sex, it could be promises of an affair, kissing, touching....A TEACHER CAN'T DO THIS WITH A STUDENT NO MATTER WHAT!
After they are no longer teacher and student, then it's their business, and if one of them is married, then it's still their business. I don't think you are really seeing this.

mustang04
07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
WEll, do you honestly think this girls dad thinks any different? I would think not! It's easy to think oh why not.....no big deal....but IT IS!!!! Crossing the line doesn't have to be having sex, it could be promises of an affair, kissing, touching....A TEACHER CAN'T DO THIS WITH A STUDENT NO MATTER WHAT!
After they are no longer teacher and student, then it's their business, and if one of them is married, then it's still their business. I don't think you are really seeing this.
no i see it...yes its wrong because it's illegal...but is it truly TRULY morally wrong...i dont think so, yes a rule is a rule and needs to be followed, but i see no difference between a 18 HS senior having sex with a 23 year old college student or a 24 year old highschool teacher

mustang04
07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
or even a 35 year old teacher...if she is an adult..she is an ADULT

18handicap
07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Is everybody through beating this horse to death? Let's go on now.

mustang04
07-05-2007, 04:06 PM

Phil C
07-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Is everybody through beating this horse to death? Let's go on now.

I tried 18 but they wouldn't hear me.

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
let me get this straight.....i believe YOU were the one defending gay rights and all that stuff a loooong time ago...and then your sitting there trying to preach about morals????

I am not an advocate of anything gay. BUT consenting adults can do what they want. It's their right, no matter how gross I think it is. BUT it is NOT a right of a teacher to have a relationship with a student. PERIOD.

mustang04
07-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 04:21 PM
and what is sooooooo wrong about a teacher and a student of age...besides the obvious that it is illegal, what makes it so "MORALLY WRONG"???

OMG, I'm beginning to think you had a fling with one of your teachers now!!!!!!! You have to answer to God about the moral stuff, but I'm talking about the rule broken by a teacher.

mustang04
07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
OMG, I'm beginning to think you had a fling with one of your teachers now!!!!!!! You have to answer to God about the moral stuff, but I'm talking about the rule broken by a teacher.

do you like Captain Crunch???

good cereal this stuff is, i like it along with Honey bunches of Oats

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 04:32 PM
do you like Captain Crunch???

good cereal this stuff is, i like it along with Honey bunches of Oats
Caption Crunch is great....but haven't had it since my girls were little. It's Special K now......lucky you!

mustang04
07-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Caption Crunch is great....but haven't had it since my girls were little. It's Special K now......lucky you!
i never got any of the 'good cereal' growing up...then went off to college and man i get all the cereal i always wanted to try growing up:D

Bandera YaYa
07-05-2007, 05:06 PM
i never got any of the 'good cereal' growing up...then went off to college and man i get all the cereal i always wanted to try growing up:D
Hey, that's right.....it's great, isn't it? If it had been sunny here today, you wouldn't of had to listen to me.....I'd been in the pool all day.

sinton66
07-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I think the horse is pretty well dead, if not, he's on his last leg. We all need to remember that in this country, a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Lets let the judicial system take its course before we go any further with this.