PDA

View Full Version : HS Fight, Charges of Attempted Murder Filed...

District303aPastPlayer
07-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow...

CNN Link (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/07/01/roesgen.la.jena.6.update.affl)

pirate4state
07-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Well that story was very vague. I wanna know what the boy was doing to get his ass beat? And if he is down on the ground how does he know who it was that was kicking him? And what was done to the kids that hung those nooses up at the school??

Just terrible....

BTEXDAD
07-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well that story was very vague. I wanna know what the boy was doing to get his ass beat? And if he is down on the ground how does he know who it was that was kicking him? And what was done to the kids that hung those nooses up at the school??

Just terrible....

It said the three boys who hung nooses were suspended (didn't say for how long).
Without more information, I can't say if they are going overboard in prosecuting the black kids.
All kids need to remember that in just a few seconds, they can lose their temper, or just plain do something stupid that can affect the rest of their lives, so they need to act as intelligently as they can at all times.
I'll make one more comment and I'm sure I'll be branded a racist for it. I don't agree on the hate crime laws. They were simply a feel good/showboat law that congressmen came up with to make them look good in the public's eye.
Crimes of murder, assault and others are hate crimes regardless of who commits them. If six white boys beat up a black boy, it would be prosecuted as a hate crime and punishment would be greater than in this case. I don't understand why a crime AGAINST a minority is a hate crime while a crime BY a minority is not.
Again, as to whether there should even be any prosecutions is debatable, but we'll just have to see how it plays out. Story was indeed somewhat vague, but if trials are proceeding, they won't give out all info, not even to CNN.

Phil C
07-02-2007, 10:03 AM
That is why it is necessary for schools to have anti bullying policy which includes both physical, verbal and mental abuse.

Fletch
07-02-2007, 10:22 AM
A fight is a fight. Suspend them.

6,5 ,4,3,2, or even one person kicking an unconcious person is aggravated assualt. White , black, brown, green.

Prosecute them.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Fletch
A fight is a fight. Suspend them.

6,5 ,4,3,2, or even one person kicking an unconcious person is aggravated assualt. White , black, brown, green.

Prosecute them.

I agree as long as you know you are prosecuting the right person!!

Fletch
07-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Agreed.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is why it is necessary for schools to have anti bullying policy which includes both physical, verbal and mental abuse.

That is stupid, people have to learn how to stand up for themselves or they're going to get walked all over for the rest of their lives.

Txbroadcaster
07-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
That is stupid, people have to learn how to stand up for themselves or they're going to get walked all over for the rest of their lives.

While I agree with standing up for yourself

I dont think it is stupid to have more severe punishment for someone that is bullying/stalking/tormenting someone

Two people getting in a fight over a girl or something stupid is one thing

A person bullying another one top the point it escalates into something more extreme needs to be dealt with differently

luvhoops34
07-02-2007, 01:07 PM
It doesn't sound like the school stayed on top of this situation very well or it wouldn't have escalated to this unfortunate point.:(

Mot'r Boat'r
07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

very true...last time a guy tried to bully me, i uppercutted his jaw, knocked him out, then motorboated his sister that night....talk about doing things right:D

BILLYFRED0000
07-02-2007, 04:30 PM
It sounds like typical Lousiana issues to me. They are still very racially bigoted both ways in that state in some areas. New Orleans is as corrupt and racist as any city I have ever been to or dealt with. If the kid was kicked when helpless, then whoever did it should be prosecuted. However, I believe it should be investigated by someone from out side the area as there will be perjury by witnesses which probably happened in this case. I doubt there were 6 young men kicking one while he was down. Unless the kid down did something extremely provacative which would then make him guilty of inciting.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Mot'r Boat'r
very true...last time a guy tried to bully me, i uppercutted his jaw, knocked him out, then motorboated his sister that night....talk about doing things right:D

Amen brotha.