PDA

View Full Version : Newest Mozilla Browser

Hupernikomen
07-01-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't care that the "x" to close each tab is on the individual tab and not over to the right like it was before. I guess it will just take some getting use to.

Antec
07-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Safari Browser which is for Mac- is now available for windows

much better than IE

Pudlugger
07-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I like Mozilla and have made it my default browser. The popup blockers have not been as effective with this new edition probably 'cause the ad folks are adapting to it.

crzyjournalist03
07-01-2007, 09:26 PM
what's so different about browsers?

I've tried Netscape before and used Mozilla or Firefox, and I've never found anything to be "better" than IE...to me, most of it looks like a glorified browser with most of the same bells and whistles with a slightly different look.

DU_stud04
07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I've tried Netscape before and used Mozilla or Firefox, and I've never found anything to be "better" than IE...to me, most of it looks like a glorified browser with most of the same bells and whistles with a slightly different look. ie i would get popups like crazy. ive yet to see one on firefox, and ive been using since it came out

crzyjournalist03
07-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ie i would get popups like crazy. ive yet to see one on firefox, and ive been using since it came out

what about the popups that you WANT? that's an issue I've always had with other browsers...you click something that you want to open, and the browser assumes it's a popup and you have to open it again.

DU_stud04
07-01-2007, 09:32 PM
what about the popups that you WANT? that's an issue I've always had with other browsers...you click something that you want to open, and the browser assumes it's a popup and you have to open it again. i dont think ive had that problem....itll tell you when it blocks something and if you want to view it on top of the page.just click and itll go to it.

Hupernikomen
07-01-2007, 09:32 PM

I've tried Netscape before and used Mozilla or Firefox, and I've never found anything to be "better" than IE...to me, most of it looks like a glorified browser with most of the same bells and whistles with a slightly different look.

Well the main advantage to Firefox was the invention of the tabs. Of course everyone else has that now too. I am certainly not an expert, but have "internet friends" who claim to be. And they all say that security wise Mozilla is top notch. I don't know for sure, but either way I like it even though the others have adopted many of the cooler features now.

DU_stud04
07-01-2007, 09:33 PM
another reason firefox is great :D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_T4AShVC8)

crzyjournalist03
07-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Well the main advantage to Firefox was the invention of the tabs. Of course everyone else has that now too. I am certainly not an expert, but have "internet friends" who claim to be. And they all say that security wise Mozilla is top notch. I don't know for sure, but either way I like it even though the others have adopted many of the cooler features now.

I'm definitely not an "expert" either...that's why I was asking...I've heard a lot of people who are tech savvy swear by different browsers, but I've never seen much of an advantage of one versus another for a casual browser such as myself.

Hupernikomen
07-01-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm definitely not an "expert" either...that's why I was asking...I've heard a lot of people who are tech savvy swear by different browsers, but I've never seen much of an advantage of one versus another for a casual browser such as myself.

Well I can tell you this since we started using firefox we never get adware/spyware that we have to zap anymore.

Pudlugger
07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Mozilla Firefox is great. I'll never go back to Internet Explorer.

mwynn05
07-01-2007, 09:46 PM
the extensions make it even better

DU_stud04
07-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
the extensions make it even better yup.

Hupernikomen
07-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
the extensions make it even better

What extensions?

DU_stud04
07-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
What extensions? you can download differnt things to customize the browser to your likings. had this one application that would do cool page changes..... i liked it but cant use it while im a home. iforgot what it was called. also differnt skins, .....just alot of differnt stuff

click on tools....then add ons..... get extensions will be lower right of the box that pops up.

Emerson1
07-01-2007, 10:15 PM
what about the popups that you WANT? that's an issue I've always had with other browsers...you click something that you want to open, and the browser assumes it's a popup and you have to open it again.
A little bar pops up under the URL, task bar and all that, you can just click it and say allow pop ups from this site.

You are all forgetting the most important thing. TABBED BROWSING, also be able to access bookmarks with 1 click.

crzyjournalist03
07-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
A little bar pops up under the URL, task bar and all that, you can just click it and say allow pop ups from this site.

You are all forgetting the most important thing. TABBED BROWSING, also be able to access bookmarks with 1 click.

the latest IE also has that feature.

Emerson1
07-01-2007, 10:25 PM
It's not nearly as clean to look at though, netscape has it to but it sucks. And I don't think you can click the scroll wheel in IE or Netscape on links to open them in a new tab.

DU_stud04
07-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's not nearly as clean to look at though, netscape has it to but it sucks. And I don't think you can click the scroll wheel in IE or Netscape on links to open them in a new tab. i love that option :)

jason
07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
screw all of them and download safari for the PC

Antec
07-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I sure like the windows version of Safari

Its the beta version but still user friendly