PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism in the UK

carter08
06-30-2007, 02:17 PM
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/WORLD/europe/06/30/london.alert/t1home.glasgow2.itn.jpg

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A burning car has been rammed into the terminal building of Glasgow Airport in Scotland, heightening terrorism fears with the UK already on alert over the discovery of two cars loaded with explosive materials in London.
art.glasgow2.itn.jpg

Images from Glasgow airport showed the SUV-type vehicle ablaze next to the terminal building.
Click to view previous image
1 of 3
Click to view next image
more photos »

Police and witnesses described an SUV-style vehicle in flames being driven at full speed towards the building.

Two people were arrested at the scene, police said in a statement.

It was not immediately clear whether there were any injuries, although unconfirmed witness reports described a man on fire at the scene. Video Watch flames spew from the car »

Images showed black smoke and flames rising from the vehicle just outside the building.

Sources tell CNN that the UK's most senior police officers believe terrorists are behind the incident, and that it is linked to the two explosives-filled cars found in London on Friday.

Authorities believe the same group is behind events in both cities or that Saturday's incident is a copycat attempt.

CNN has learned that officials are considering raising the national threat level to its highest level, critical. It currently stands at severe.

Witnesses said the car crashed into security barriers protecting an entrance to the airport's international arrivals terminal.

A sad event indeed.

shankbear
06-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I am afraid it is a bunch of radical mooselimbs.

sinton66
06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Wonder if it has anything to do with Brittain's decision to pull out of Iraq?

DDBooger
06-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Wonder if it has anything to do with Brittain's decision to pull out of Iraq? wouldn't that be COUNTER productive for the fundamentalists? England has a large pop. of Pakistani muslims. if they are muslim fundi's i'd expect them to be of pashtun ethnicity. these attacks were kind of sloppy, DEADLY, but not what al queda is known for. these could be wannabe's as well