PDA

View Full Version : Knocked Up

kaorder1999
06-29-2007, 11:19 PM
saw it tonight and it was one of the funniest movies i've ever seen.

Txbroadcaster
06-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I should have never went in there

KTA
06-30-2007, 12:21 AM
it wasnt the funniest movie ive ever seen, but it was pretty darn funny...I cant believe they showed THAT :eek:

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by KTA
it wasnt the funniest movie ive ever seen, but it was pretty darn funny...I cant believe they showed THAT :eek:

Yeah I was shocked when I saw "that", althought I did laugh alot because of it., My girlfriend and I had taken my 18 year old pregger cousin to see it and she didn't think the movie was as funny as we did.

eagles_victory
06-30-2007, 09:31 AM
i really didnt think it was as funny as everyone has been saying. I mean it was funny but not like extremely funny but I think it might be one of those things where i saw it like a month after it came out and all i heard that whole month was how funny it was so i was expecting like really great things

GreenMonster
06-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Yeah I was shocked when I saw "that", althought I did laugh alot because of it., My girlfriend and I had taken my 18 year old pregger cousin to see it and she didn't think the movie was as funny as we did.

She might have enjoyed it a bit more were she not knocked up herself.

sahen
06-30-2007, 09:40 PM
it was funny but not as good as "the 40 year old virgin"...however the director was at a disadvantage this time because he didnt have steve carrell

Emerson1
06-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by sahen
it was funny but not as good as "the 40 year old virgin"...however the director was at a disadvantage this time because he didnt have steve carrell
I think he did just fine without Steve Carrel. Evan Almighty flopped.

sahen
06-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think he did just fine without Steve Carrel. Evan Almighty flopped.
i didnt say the movie was bad...i just said it was not as funny as "the 40 year old virgin" and that movie was funny thanks to steve carrel

i havent seen evan almighty yet, but the general plot to that seems dumb, it didnt have much a chance in the first place.....

kaorder1999
07-01-2007, 12:42 AM
I saw Evan Almighty today and I thought it was great

No Show Jones
07-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Knocked up is a funnier movie than 40 year old virgin.

AP Panther Fan
10-22-2007, 10:11 AM
LOL....I just finally watched Evan Almighty this weekend and I thought it was great. Yes, it was a bit corny at times, but I thought it was much, much funnier than Bruce Almighty.

I also watched Georgia Rule (and dislike Lindsey Lohan more than I did before)....The movie was okay....

and I watched Broken Bridges with Toby Keith :inlove:

DU_stud04
10-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by sahen
however the director was at a disadvantage this time because he didnt have steve carrell am i the only one that doesnt find him funny? to me he is just annoying...... the only movie i have been able to watch and enjoy of his was little miss sunshine....that movie had me rollin the whole time

BobcatBenny
10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
I didn't really like Knocked Up that much. I wish I had never seen it.

I realized it was from a bunch of pot heads that were sitting around and decided to make a Basic Instinct type comedy. A real shocker. They decided on the birth scene and then built the entire movie around that. Then when they could not think of anyting funny, they just said the F bomb over and over again.

Evan Almighty was funny. Corny, but actually funny.

eagles_victory
10-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I didn't really like Knocked Up that much. I wish I had never seen it.

I realized it was from a bunch of pot heads that were sitting around and decided to make a Basic Instinct type comedy. A real shocker. They decided on the birth scene and then built the entire movie around that. Then when they could not think of anyting funny, they just said the F bomb over and over again.

Evan Almighty was funny. Corny, but actually funny. To me Knocked up was better the second time I saw it on video after seeing it at the theater the first time but I still didnt think it was really good and I was never impressed with the 40 year old virgin

AP Panther Fan
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I thought Steve Carrell was funny, but I really liked the character of Rita Daniels (played by Wanda Sykes)....she cracked me up!

Evan Almighty (2007)
Rita: [sees a variety of working animals] I can't even get my cat to use the litter box.

Rita: Why do you sound like Evan but look like a Bee Gee?

Rita: Have you been shootin' up Rogaine?

Rita: Evan, what happened? Did you fall in a mine shaft?
Evan Baxter: No.
Rita: Did you just come out of a coma?
Evan Baxter: No.
Rita: Were you attacked by a werewolf?
Evan Baxter: No, I wasn't.
Rita: Well, if you were going for that rugged look, I think you over-shot it.

Rita: [after seeing an alpaca spit green stuff] If that comes out your front, I don't even want to know what's coming out the back.

[Rita voices her disbelieve in Evan's ark]
Rita: Look, I go to church every Sunday.
[Evan doesn't believe her]
Rita: I go every "other" Sunday.
[Evan still doesn't believe her]
Rita: Alright, but I "have" been to church!

:D :D :D

Darren
10-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Getting it on Netflix this week..... Just saw blades of glory this week it wasn't bad...

\

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I tried to rent Evan Almighty last weekend, but it was rented out at the local video store, so I ended up renting Knocked Up and wasn't very impressed.

pirate4state
10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I thought Knocked Up was pretty funny.

Forgot all about Evan Almighty. Gotta remember to pick it up. Love Steve Carrell and Wanda Sykes!!