PDA

View Full Version : Who has the worst field?

kepdawg
06-29-2007, 11:31 AM
If somebody so much as spits Sherman turns into a big mud pile!

At Hardin Jefferson years ago it looked like someone had been on the field with a post hole digger!

Emerson1
06-29-2007, 11:33 AM
I think Forney right now, just because we have no field, it's a lot of black dirt

Adidas410s
06-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Gordon Wood was HORRIBLE a few years ago. Shotwell had virtually no grass on it by mid-September until they put down field turf.

No Show Jones
06-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I never liked La Grange, Cameron Yoe, Hearne, and Elgin's old field.

Snydertigersrul
06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Clyde High School's field is a pile of rocks.

jlivey7
06-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Quinlan!!!

Gsquared
06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by jlivey7
Quinlan!!!
Bells is the worst ive seen, Sherman isnt too great either. Tyler Chapel Hill had horrible grass field in the playoffs, was dirt and mud. Shelbyville's wasnt all that great a few years ago

hawkfan
06-29-2007, 01:17 PM
The worst football field in the stae of Texas is in Frost. Thier field is actually the outfield of thier baseball field. It is unlevel, and last yeatr they could not water, so thier were deep cracks where the dirt was. I really can't explain it. But trust me, you wouldn't want to play there.

Gsquared
06-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
The worst football field in the stae of Texas is in Frost. Thier field is actually the outfield of thier baseball field. It is unlevel, and last yeatr they could not water, so thier were deep cracks where the dirt was. I really can't explain it. But trust me, you wouldn't want to play there.
Haha, our buddy Champyun is the HC in Frost, he took us on a tour a couple of years ago. The baseball/football field is funny. Was cool the way they have it set up for football though

burnet44
06-29-2007, 01:35 PM
run the downhill sweep to the home side
you actually go "downhill"
dont throw the out to the home side
It will be over the wr head unless you throw it in the dirt

yeah ol champ has a great bear cave there

Oakwood aint good dress in the silo
Riesel no dressing room to speak of

hawkfan
06-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Haha, our buddy Champyun is the HC in Frost, he took us on a tour a couple of years ago. The baseball/football field is funny. Was cool the way they have it set up for football though

I actually think the setup is neat as well, but it is jut uneven bad a the crack in the dirt frim thier drought made playing in it a hazard for athletes.

thewyliefan
06-29-2007, 01:46 PM
iowa parks field isnt to hot either. nice set up with the stands and all but the field wasnt much.

GreenMonster
06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
iowa parks field isnt to hot either. nice set up with the stands and all but the field wasnt much.

You're just upset because they keep the grass cut at about 3 inches to help slow down the competition. IP is slow already so the tall grass doesn't effect them as much. :D

Gsquared
06-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
You're just upset because they keep the grass cut at about 3 inches to help slow down the competition. IP is slow already so the tall grass doesn't effect them as much. :D
:D :D :D

burnet44
06-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Caddo Mills was an uncut hay field at one time
3-6 inch grass designed to do the same
slow down your opponent

Dayton a long time ago
cut thier lines into the field
they were more like trenches
a rb could fall in one and disappear

Gsquared
06-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Caddo Mills was an uncut hay field at one time
3-6 inch grass designed to do the same
slow down your opponent

Dayton a long time ago
cut thier lines into the field
they were more like trenches
a rb could fall in one and disappear
Not to mention the 4 foot holes spread out all over Caddo Mills field. That was a horrible place. Thier new digs are pretty nice though

VWG
06-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Mineral Wells, worst stadium for any 4A school. They are building a brand new stadium that will have turf and I think seat about 7 to 8 thousand.
It's about time......

Decatur has a crappy field for the size of school they have.

DaHop72
06-29-2007, 03:25 PM
How about Big Spring's field???:devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

LOL!!

Greenwood's used to be really bad....now it is just okay!

Our baseball field could have won hands down several years ago, but it's really nice now.

Emerson1
06-29-2007, 03:32 PM
I remember my freshman year we were playing Hihghland Park away so all the JV freshman and middle school games were played at home.

Middle school played tuesday and it poured down rain, then another game was played on wednsday and everything was mud. Then on Thursday the field was completely dry mud, plus an entire pole of lights was out. It was funny just because HP was playing us that week.

burnet44
06-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

old stands
but field was good
when we played New Deal there
locker rooms were small
but they treated us first class

fireman1
06-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Stafford all around and Columbia when it rains

DDBooger
06-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Gregory Portland in November...cause its empty! haha j/k 83. I think they fixed their problems over there, but come late fall it used to be a mudbowl.

tigerpride_08
06-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
Stafford all around and Columbia when it rains

When we played at Stafford last season, they had ant piles... :doh:

charlesrixey
06-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Anna

the grass was half dead and the rest was dirt

scrub c
06-29-2007, 07:59 PM
the field turf project is coming along...

it wont be long and west columbia will have a field that you con play on after it rains.

Pudlugger
06-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by No Show Jones
I never liked La Grange, Cameron Yoe, Hearne, and Elgin's old field.

I'm not sure about the others except the old Elgin field, but La Grange has a real nice field. The turf is always lush and green and very even and well maintained. I don't know why yall don't like Lep Field, maybe yall haven't been out there in recent years.

raider red 2000
06-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by scrub c

it wont be long and west columbia will have a field that you con play on after it rains.

i thought that got voted down.

glad to see that the town is supporting yall, since everybody uses that same field.

fireman1
06-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by scrub c

I had no idea that got passed I heard the talk about it... congrats

Gobbla2001
06-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Elgin's field was bad in '97 I know that... we didn't like it...

No Show Jones
06-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I'm not sure about the others except the old Elgin field, but La Grange has a real nice field. The turf is always lush and green and very even and well maintained. I don't know why yall don't like Lep Field, maybe yall haven't been out there in recent years. Mainly the visitor locker room.

Cameron Crazy
06-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Ours is right now, I do not think the turf will be in when season is here, the rain is killing the process.

burnet44
06-30-2007, 08:29 PM
its hurting a lot of people
grass will be at a premium

luvhoops34
06-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan

Poor ol' Champ.....:D

PurpleFreddy
06-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Arent' you forgetting the field/stadium we labeled the very worst in the state of Texas? Here's a hint: they left the spray paint cans on the sideline that Friday morning we stopped there.

87 TIGER
07-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Old Elgin field was the worst, I saw they have a new field now it's alot better except the walk for the visitors is too long. Cameron has very little seating for the visitors.

burnet44
07-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I played my first football game on the field in Elgin
my last one was at Sul Ross

104 games total

pooch
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

hey, gg, VAn Alstyne used to be that way too...remember?

Adidas410s
07-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Ours is right now, I do not think the turf will be in when season is here, the rain is killing the process.

Sure hope they can get the field turf down by August...

burnet44
07-02-2007, 03:53 PM
easier than growing grass lol