PDA

View Full Version : $4.88 for a Plasma TV at Wal-Mart

kaorder1999
06-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Man Pays $4.88 for Plasma TV at Wal-Mart

MONROE, La. (AP) -- While Wal-Mart is known for dropping its prices, one West Monroe man took the ad campaign seriously when he dropped the price of a plasma television from $984 to $4.88. Police arrested Chandon L. Simms, 23, on Tuesday at the retail store on a charge of felony theft.

According to police reports, Simms carried a 42-inch Sanyo Plasma TV to a self-checkout aisle after switching the original price tag of $984 with one for only $4.88. Wal-Mart Loss Prevention officers witnessed the alleged transaction and called police.

When the store officers stopped Simms on his way out the door, he produced a receipt for a television purchased at the West Monroe Wal-Mart, authorities said.

Simms told officers that he purchased a TV from the West Monroe store and planned to returrn that one and keep the one he purchased for only $4.88 from the Monroe store. He was then arrested and booked into the Ouachita Correctional Center.

Emerson1
06-29-2007, 12:59 AM
I wonder what the $4.88 product was. Did he just grab an open box TV or something?

piratebg
06-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Nice going buddy :clap:

kaorder1999
06-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I wonder what the $4.88 product was. Did he just grab an open box TV or something?

om sure it was one of those cheap DVD's they sale for around that price....

Ranger Mom
06-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Heck...at the Walmart here, they have had so much shoplifting that they check EVERYONE'S receipt before they leave the store!!

I used the self check out and forgot to scan the dogfood and drinks on the bottom of the basket a few months ago.

My son loaded them up and it didn't even dawn on me until I got home.

I called the store manager and told her when I realized what I did. She thanked me for my honesty and told me not to worry about it!!:D

SWMustang
06-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Heck...at the Walmart here, they have had so much shoplifting that they check EVERYONE'S receipt before they leave the store!!

I used the self check out and forgot to scan the dogfood and drinks on the bottom of the basket a few months ago.

I called the store manager and told her when I realized what I did. She thanked me for my honesty and told me not to worry about it!!:D

You want to know what grinds my gears? Those Walmart people checking my receipt when I leave with 200 dollars worth of crap and a cranky 4 year old in tow. I have to put her down to dig out the receipt that the cashier (or is it "associate"?) put in some random bag.

mustang04
06-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

well are you just soooooo sweet :D

my only funny wal-mart story is one day i was buying a box of uh....ummm...well lets just say when one of my teachers from middle school walked up i threw the box into someones basket that was unattended:D talked to her for a lil bit, and after she left i proceeded to by the box of ..uhh yeah:D

and i actually bought them, i didn't steal them, get home, then call the manager and pretend it was an accident:D :D

mustang04
06-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
You want to know what grinds my gears? Those Walmart people checking my receipt when I leave with 200 dollars worth of crap and a cranky 4 year old in tow. I have to put her down to dig out the receipt that the cashier (or is it "associate"?) put in some random bag.

i concur! what the hell have you been up to??

burnet44
06-29-2007, 09:09 AM
yeah its funny
the hewitt store has self checkouts
the waco store had them
but they "renovated" the store
moved everything around like the store in hewitt
now there are NO self checkouts at the waco store lol
the lines to checkout are long and slow
dont go on Sat or Sun lol
a checker told me that "new" checkout computers were the reason

yeah right

Im sure theft was bad

lepfan
06-29-2007, 09:12 AM
That is less than an hour from where I am moving.

Ranger Mom
06-29-2007, 09:15 AM

My biggest complaint at Walmart is the 52 check outs and only 6 open....THAT is why I normally use the self check out....I am extremely impatient!

They lock the south end set of doors at 10:00 then shut down all the registers at that end of the store...which pushes everyone down to the 4 remaining registers opened on the north end.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I quit going at night, it's a madhouse. I normally get up and go around 8 or 9 on a Saturday morning if I have to buy groceries.

SWMustang
06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
i concur! what the hell have you been up to??

Not a thing but working. Aren't you supposed to be climbing up some windmills to pay for those "boxes?" :) It was nice having a fraternity brother who worked at a pharmacy. It eliminated some of those potentially embarrassing (why I don't know) moments.

mustang04
06-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Not a thing but working. Aren't you supposed to be climbing up some windmills to pay for those "boxes?" :) It was nice having a fraternity brother who worked at a pharmacy. It eliminated some of those potentially embarrassing (why I don't know) moments. well....they are deciding where to send me to climb as of right now, but i'm still getting paid haha.....why is it embarrassing when a guy goes to buy a box of 'those'???? i feel sooo guilty of something hahaha

SWMustang
06-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
well....they are deciding where to send me to climb as of right now, but i'm still getting paid haha.....why is it embarrassing when a guy goes to buy a box of 'those'???? i feel sooo guilty of something hahaha

I made the girl buy them. Is this considered thread piracy?

LH Panther Mom
06-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I made the girl buy them. Is this considered thread piracy? Not if she bought them at Wal-Mart. :devil: :devil: ;)

SWMustang
06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not if she bought them at Wal-Mart. :devil: :devil: ;)

yea - she did - she paid 4.88 at the self checkout.

Emerson1
06-29-2007, 10:05 AM
I read somewhere that walmart has a couple BILLION dollars of merchandise stolen last year. The one here rarely has the self checkout open, they are paying someone to stand at the regular checkout so they force people to use it.

luvhoops34
06-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I read somewhere that walmart has a couple BILLION dollars of merchandise stolen last year. The one here rarely has the self checkout open, they are paying someone to stand at the regular checkout so they force people to use it.

Raelene loves the self check out counters.....:D

Diocletian
06-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I once bought a mini fridge from walmart it was on the bottom of my cart..... then I went strait through the line and wasn't paying attention or paying for it either... I got outside and when i starting loading up I realized it, and said to myself DAMN what should I do, I forgot all about this stupid thing but did they let me have it or did I steal it? 20 seconds later 3 Sec gaurds showed up and asked for the receipt, I just gave them the cash instead lol, no harm no foul.