PDA

View Full Version : river floating.

DU_stud04
06-28-2007, 08:07 PM
whats your favorite river to float? which one do you recommend?

piratebg
06-28-2007, 08:11 PM
I never floated on any river, but I've always wanted to try the Frio.

lostaussie
06-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Buffalo river in northern ark.

carter08
06-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Only 2 I've been on are the Guadalupe and Comal. The Guadalupe was much more enjoyable. Comal is crowded, and cops arrest you for stepping on the land next to the river. A friend we were with missed the exit, and was not allowed to just get on the land and walk back. She had to fight the current and swim back to the exit.

DU_stud04
06-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I never floated on any river, but I've always wanted to try the Frio. thats the answer i was looking for....my friend was talking about some river and i forgot. thanks! hahaha

HM33
06-28-2007, 08:22 PM
I have floated the Comal, Frio, Guadalupe and the San Marcos... out of those the best BY FAR is the Frio..
it is a awesome river. clear for like 20 to 25 feet. unno right now though cuz of all the rain but I'm willing to bet it is still very clear. Rapids are awesome and just the enviroment is amazing.
The Comal is over crowded and the cops are so bad it is rediculous. They have little dillies (little boats) and the patrol the river. Last time I went I saw a total of about 30 different cops. and there are no rapids, just the tube shute and that is at the begining.
Guadalupe is ok haven't floated it in a while so don't really know how it is now. But I'm sure its a hell of a lot better than the Comal.
San Marcos river I didn't acually float we just swung off rope there and that was fun but the river is nasty.
But the Frio is a must. My family and I have gone to the Frio for like the past 12 years or something. Just alot of fun.

DU_stud04
06-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by HM33
I have floated the Comal, Frio, Guadalupe and the San Marcos... out of those the best BY FAR is the Frio..
it is a awesome river. clear for like 20 to 25 feet. unno right now though cuz of all the rain but I'm willing to bet it is still very clear. Rapids are awesome and just the enviroment is amazing.
The Comal is over crowded and the cops are so bad it is rediculous. They have little dillies (little boats) and the patrol the river. Last time I went I saw a total of about 30 different cops. and there are no rapids, just the tube shute and that is at the begining.
Guadalupe is ok haven't floated it in a while so don't really know how it is now. But I'm sure its a hell of a lot better than the Comal.
San Marcos river I didn't acually float we just swung off rope there and that was fun but the river is nasty.
But the Frio is a must. My family and I have gone to the Frio for like the past 12 years or something. Just alot of fun. thanks for the info, from what ive heard frio is very nice and clear as you've said. i think i might try it here in a few weeks when i get a long weekend off. :D

HM33
06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
The party will be July 19th through the 23rd. Thats when the fun ppl will be there :) (we have about 20 ppl in our group:))

Ray_BearKat
06-28-2007, 08:59 PM
the frio is awesome, clearest i've seen, i also floated the nueces north of uvalde almost as nice...a park called chalk bluff has a real nice set up, they have a website you could check out.

luvhoops34
06-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
the frio is awesome, clearest i've seen, i also floated the nueces north of uvalde almost as nice...a park called chalk bluff has a real nice set up, they have a website you could check out.

Chalk Bluff is a nice place. We used to go up further north of Uvalde on Montel Creek...:)

tigerbyheart
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
We just got back from the Frio last weekend. It was sooooooooo nice...... Crystal clear. .. we sat our lawn chairs in the water and fished. I could see the catfish as they took my hook.. It was awesome.... I heard the floating was great, people said the river was moving great.....

burnet44
06-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Frio is great
cold lol but great

Gobbler Fan
06-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Concan and the Frio river on a hot summer day . :thumbsup:

zebrablue2
06-29-2007, 12:51 AM
comal. so clean and cold.

CHS_CG
06-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
comal. so clean and cold.

see we always float the comal... never tried the frio but its a damn good idea after all the cops we saw on the comal... last time. The first time we went we saw maybe 1 or 2 cops but last time we went on Memorial day weekend (big mistake on our part) and we saw probably close to 50 cops.

olddawggreen
06-29-2007, 08:36 AM
My favorite river to float was the Frio, before all the people from the Comal and Guadalupe rivers found it.:doh:

Ranger Mom
06-29-2007, 08:43 AM
The Frio is the only one I have ever floated. It has been several years and it was low in spots.

Out of our party of 13, my daughter was the only one who was able to float the entire thing without picking up her tube and walking part of the way!:(

Everyone talks about how cold it was....I didn't think it was cold at all!

AP Panther Fan
06-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
see we always float the comal... never tried the frio but its a damn good idea after all the cops we saw on the comal... last time. The first time we went we saw maybe 1 or 2 cops but last time we went on Memorial day weekend (big mistake on our part) and we saw probably close to 50 cops.

We have always done the Comal and Guadalupe, but since New Braunfels doesn't seem to like tourists/visitors anymore....I think it may be the Frio for us from now on.

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Gotta love the 'lupe.

charlesrixey
06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
where does the 'frio' run?

don't remember ever hearing about that one, but the wife and i are looking for a good spot whenever we get back to texas

Darren
06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
The frio if it is flowing.... I will be there again the first weekend in august...

raider red 2000
06-30-2007, 04:50 PM
does anyone know if there is a "beverage" limit on the guadalupe.

i heard that it was going to be a 6 pack MAX.

any truth to this?

Old Green
06-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
does anyone know if there is a "beverage" limit on the guadalupe.

i heard that it was going to be a 6 pack MAX.

any truth to this? I think I saw something in the SA Express a month ago where a new City Councilman had brought the idea of limiting the amount of beer you could take on a float down the river.

charlesrixey
06-30-2007, 05:05 PM
again---where does the frio run?

raider red 2000
06-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I think I saw something in the SA Express a month ago where a new City Councilman had brought the idea of limiting the amount of beer you could take on a float down the river.

so it do you know if it was just an idea....or if it passed.

if it did....i dont think that my wife will go float...she gets thirsty :)

Old Green
06-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
again---where does the frio run? It starts out around Concan out around Uvalde.

charlesrixey
06-30-2007, 05:24 PM
It starts out around Concan out around Uvalde.

thanks, Old Green!

Old Green
06-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
so it do you know if it was just an idea....or if it passed.

if it did....i dont think that my wife will go float...she gets thirsty :) I don't know if it passed. You might have to do a goggle search.

luvhoops34
06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't know if it passed. You might have to do a goggle search.

That would just be in the city limits of New Braunfels.

Maroon87
06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
The Frio, no question.

DU_stud04
07-03-2007, 06:36 PM
frio it is.....the 27th-29th

g$$
07-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Depends on what you are looking for:

Frio = fun & more family oriented, float depends on water levels

Guadalupe = more party style but lots of new laws; great float, lots of rapids & pretty $$ now

Comal = used to be more family oriented but lots of spill over now; shorter float/tube chute & less rapids but fun

Llano = hidden treasure & beautiful; not as touristy but some good rapids & very scenic; much enjoyed with my Junction friends (lots of canoes & some tubers)

All are fun to say the least!

pancho villa
07-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I have been to a few and the Frio is the best. Going the 6th to the 12th.