PDA

View Full Version : Regional and State Playoff Picks

Matthew328
02-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Here are the 4 teams from each region that I feel will adavance to their respective regional tournaments....only one spot remains open in the playoffs in 7-3A for 3rd place..that will be dcided tonight when Sanger plays Bridgeport....pairings will be posted as soon as the results from that game are known along with region by regon breakdowns and analysis of Monday and Tuesday's bi-district matchups...

Region 1
Sweetwater
Everman
Canyon
Kennedale

Everman over Sweetwater
Canyon over Kennedale

Everman over Canyon

Region 2
Gainesville
Tatum
Lindale
Tyler Chapel Hill

Tatum over Gainesville
Chapel Hill over Lindale

Chapel Hill over Tatum

Region 3
Marlin
Hardin-Jefferson
Mexia
Hempstead

Hardin-Jefferson over Marlin
Hempstead over Mexia

Hempstead over Hardin-Jefferson

Region 4
Edna
Aransas Pass
Wimberley
Port Isabel

Aransas Pass over Edna
Wimberley over Pt Isabel

Aransas Pass over Wimberley

State Tourney
Everman, Tyler Chapel Hill, Hempstead, Aransas Pass

Everman state champion

I know it is a little biased...but I honestly think this is Everman's year...how do you guys think the playoffs are gonna shake down??

wildstangs
02-15-2003, 08:53 PM
I dont know much about the other regions, but your region 1 analysis looks pretty good. Sweetwater seems to be gaining strength. Canyon is always good, and Everman isnt ranked number 1 for no reason at all. I dont know much about Kennedale, but I will go out on a limb and say Merkel makes the tourney also. ( if its possible for them to get in, depending on the way the brackets are set up)

Sweetwater
Everman
Canyon
Merkel

I will be biased so you dont feel alone Matt. Sweetwater knocks off Everman, Merkel beats Canyon. Then Sweetwater wins it all. Wishful thinking! If our teams make it, a bunch of us should meet up in Lubbock!

Keith7
02-15-2003, 09:16 PM
looks good except.. I would predict Decatur going to Regionals in Region 1 as opposed to Kennedale.. and in Region 3, I would pick La Vega as opposed to Marlin, only becuase better playoff experience there.. also Cleveland instead of Hardin-Jefferson..

<small>[ February 15, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

turbostud
02-15-2003, 09:38 PM
No Van Alstyne? :D

Matthew328
02-15-2003, 09:50 PM
I agree that Merkel is one of the better teams in the region...but they will be likley be meeting up with Canyon in Rd 3 before the regional tourney and I don't like Merkel's chances against Canyon at all....

wildstangs
02-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Matthew328:
I agree that Merkel is one of the better teams in the region...but they will be likley be meeting up with Canyon in Rd 3 before the regional tourney and I don't like Merkel's chances against Canyon at all....When will we get to see an official bracket? I will make some better picks when it comes out. Just throwing out some ideas here. I think the Badgers might take Canyon though.

Keith7
02-15-2003, 11:17 PM
turbostud:
No Van Alstyne? :D They have a tough route to Regionals.. Gainesville only makes it cuz the teams on their side of the bracket are a lil easier..

Keith7
02-15-2003, 11:19 PM
wildstangs:

Matthew328:
I agree that Merkel is one of the better teams in the region...but they will be likley be meeting up with Canyon in Rd 3 before the regional tourney and I don't like Merkel's chances against Canyon at all....When will we get to see an official bracket? I will make some better picks when it comes out. Just throwing out some ideas here. I think the Badgers might take Canyon though.Go here:
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/bbpair/aaab.html

wildstangs
02-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Thanks Keith.

wildstangs
02-15-2003, 11:54 PM
Ok now that I have seen the bracket, revised picks.

Sweetwater, Everman, Canyon, and Decature make the tourney. Sweetwater stuffs Decatur with about no time left on the 1 yard line. Oh woops, having a flashback. :) Real Pick: Sweetwater knocks off Canyon in the championship, just because I cant go against my hometown. After looking at the brackets, I got Merkel going down to Dimmit pretty quick.

jason
02-16-2003, 10:54 AM
you got region II all wrong....

Here's how it will be:

Tex Pleasant Grove
Tatum
Lindale
Dallas Madison

...Gainesville will be out in the 2nd round...

turbostud
02-16-2003, 10:58 AM
What about Pittsburg? I thought they were pretty good.

jason
02-16-2003, 11:06 AM
so is dallas madison

turbostud
02-16-2003, 11:10 AM
ok jason, i just looked at the bracket and saw that they will probably end up playing. I guess that answers my question.

Keith7
02-16-2003, 11:25 AM
jason:
you got region II all wrong....

Here's how it will be:

Tex Pleasant Grove
Tatum
Lindale
Dallas Madison

...Gainesville will be out in the 2nd round...Dang you must be some sort of a basketball expert

big daddy russ
02-16-2003, 01:38 PM
Region IV...

First thing I have to say is that it's been 11 years since a team from District 30 hasn't been in the Regional Final. Sure, I'm a little biased here, but I don't see that streak ending anytime soon.

Regional Semifinals...
South San West Campus
vs.
Aransas Pass

Wimberley
vs.
Sinton

Regional Finals
Aransas Pass
vs.
Wimberley

Wimberley beat AP back in December, and this should be a tough game for both teams, but I see AP taking the rematch.

Also, if there's one team out there who stands a good chance of stopping Wimberley, Gonzales is always tough and will give the Texans all they can handle in the Quarterfinals.

greendog fan
02-16-2003, 07:01 PM
Keith7:

wildstangs:

Matthew328:
I agree that Merkel is one of the better teams in the region...but they will be likley be meeting up with Canyon in Rd 3 before the regional tourney and I don't like Merkel's chances against Canyon at all....When will we get to see an official bracket? I will make some better picks when it comes out. Just throwing out some ideas here. I think the Badgers might take Canyon though.Go here:
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/bbpair/aaab.htmleek! that bracket is wrong in a place or 2. Burnet plays Somerset, It has Bandera and Somerset playing. Burnet and Somerset plays Monday @ 7:30 in Dripping Springs. Probbaly will be Burnets last game

jason
02-16-2003, 08:06 PM
hey turbo...i saw that one too, it was the hardest game to pick...could go either way

and keith...i am an expert...and not just at basketball :D

MARLINFAN
02-16-2003, 11:55 PM
okay how could u pick waco lavega over marlin when marlin beat waco lavega by 19 points this season

Keith7
02-17-2003, 12:01 AM
They beat them in a upset

jason
02-17-2003, 11:14 AM
keith...19 points is not an upset, an upset is hitting a last secong buzzer beater to win the game...19 points is a straight up @$$ whippin...i told you i was an expert...

Keith7
02-17-2003, 03:47 PM
jason:
keith...19 points is not an upset, an upset is hitting a last secong buzzer beater to win the game...19 points is a straight up @$$ whippin...i told you i was an expert...no i mean la vega beats marlin in an upset during the playoffs.. you really are an expert

QBKilla
02-17-2003, 07:55 PM
I really don't know how far Barbers Hill can go in the playoffs but our new Basketball Coach, Trey Watts, has really turned things around down here. We went from an 11-18 team last season to a 21-8 playoff team in his first year. He really has basketball fans down here believing that our guys could do something in the post season. They play Hardin Tuesday, who we will most likely beat and then I believe we will play Hempstead which will make or break us. So congratulations to our guys and good luck to everyone.

<small>[ February 17, 2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: QBKilla ]</small>