PDA

View Full Version : Shipley or Swain?

fball4life
11-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey I have a question for all you 3a fans. who would U rather have staring at wide reciever for your team. Burnet's Jordan Shipley or Manor's Anthony Swain. Both are very talented players, and both have great hands. Anthony Swain has better hands than Jordan Shipley but Shipley is faster and stronger. But who would you play first #8 Jordan Shipley or # 1 Anthony Swain

PPHSfan
11-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Shipley,

Hands Down

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Steve Largent

fball4life
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
there is nor steve in this its SHIPLEY OR SWAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 03:33 PM
OK Swaipley...LOL. It's just a tough call!

fball4life
11-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Do U know who anthony swain or jordan shipley is?

PPHSfan
11-10-2003, 03:36 PM
fball4life:
Do U know who anthony swain or jordan shipley is?Do you think we live under a rock?

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 03:36 PM
Yeah, they're those two guys who have the white tigers in Las Vegas right? Of course I know who they are...both very talented, very dangerous, offensive weapons. But since you want me to make a decision between the two, I will.....there I just made it.

3ahunter2k4
11-10-2003, 03:38 PM
never saw the other dude play but shipley is awesome.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-10-2003, 03:42 PM
fb4life,
Many of us are not familiar with your MR Swaim.
Tell us about his credentials, accomplishments.
All District, All State, all time leading receiver, etc.

How can you say he has better hands, thats very subjective. Have you seen Jordan Shipley drop a lot of balls that Mr. Swaim would have caught? You act as though you have seen Jordan play and that he was unimpressive, how so?
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

fball4life
11-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Being 34 and have seeing both of them play I would probably say I would Start Anthony Swain over Jordan Shipley, because shipley wants the ball to much swain wants it when he is being throw he doesn't cry for it

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 03:44 PM
fball4life:
Being 34 and have seeing both of them play I would probably say I would Start Anthony Swain over Jordan Shipley, because shipley wants the ball to much swain wants it when he is being throw he doesn't cry for itUH OH....Here we go!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah, they're those two guys who have the white tigers in Las Vegas right? LOL!!! That was one of the funniest things I have read today!!! :D :D

jason
11-10-2003, 03:45 PM
id take shipley, hes multi-dimensional ie: receiver, defensive back, punt/kickoff returns...ive seen him, hes pretty darn good...plus ive never even heard of the other guy...

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Ranger Mom:

Yeah, they're those two guys who have the white tigers in Las Vegas right? LOL!!! That was one of the funniest things I have read today!!! :D :D Well, "I always like to keep my audience riveted!" -Clevon Little, Blazing Saddles

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-10-2003, 03:57 PM
fball4life,
I've been watching Jordan for three years, I've never seen him shed a tear yet! Has your Mr Swain
scored on a td pass, an intercepted pass, punt return, a kickoff return, an extra point and a
field goal? Was your Mr. Swain All State, both offensive and defensive. Was he All Central Texas,
was he All District in Basketball, Football and Track, Jordan was.

You didn't answer the questions I put to you earlier! What are his credentials? How many years?
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Ranger Mom
11-10-2003, 04:02 PM
I guess I have been living under a rock........I have heard of "#8 Jordan Shipley" but have never heard of "#1 --whatever his name was...Swain??"

I am not being sarcastic when I say that...I just have honestly not heard his name before!!

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Ranger Mom:
I guess I have been living under a rock........I have heard of "#8 Jordan Shipley" but have never heard of "#1 --whatever his name was...Swain??"

I am not being sarcastic when I say that...I just have honestly not heard his name before!!You think that's bad? Until I started posting on this site, I'd never even heard of Manor! And I've been just about everywhere in Texas including Midland...beautiful country out there in the desert, though I honestly prefer my pine trees.

PPHSfan
11-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Jordan Shipley will be named All State again this year making him one of the only athletes in the Great State of Texas to be named to an All State Team in all four of his highschool years.

As Bum would say,

"If he aint in a class by himself, it don't take long to call roll."

keep_it_real
11-10-2003, 04:12 PM
No disrespect to the other guy Im sure he is good, but Shipley all the way..... his records speak for themselves

MASH4077
11-10-2003, 04:25 PM
what are swaims stats? do the compare to Christian's from Decatur?

............. 72 rec. 1,214 yds, 10 tds.

JasperDog94
11-10-2003, 04:45 PM
PPHSfan:

fball4life:
Do U know who anthony swain or jordan shipley is?Do you think we live under a rock?I live on top of the rock! :D

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 04:48 PM
JasperDog94:

PPHSfan:

fball4life:
Do U know who anthony swain or jordan shipley is?Do you think we live under a rock?I live on top of the rock! :D Yeah and you always roll over onto my side, and you snore.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2003, 04:50 PM
JasperDog94:

PPHSfan:

fball4life:
Do U know who anthony swain or jordan shipley is?Do you think we live under a rock?I live on top of the rock! :D Oh.....so that's YOU that keeps standing on my head!!! :p :p

tigerSville_04
11-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Ill say Swain, only reason he doesnt have stats like Ship, is cuz they dont throw tha ball to him like all tha time. Swain is good. We played his last week, but we shut him down, with no TDs. And yall dont know him cuz maybe his team doesnt have so much talent but they dont like anyone to stand out on their team, unlike Burnet. He also has a big head, i seen it during Pre-Game, LOl its funny.

JasperDog94
11-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Buckeye80:

JasperDog94:

PPHSfan:

fball4life:
Do U know who anthony swain or jordan shipley is?Do you think we live under a rock?I live on top of the rock! :D Yeah and you always roll over onto my side, and you snore.Sorry about that. I'll try the "breath right" strips and see if they work. If not, I guess you'll just have to find another rock. I know this great place in Plymouth... :D

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 06:11 PM
JasperDog94:

Buckeye80:

JasperDog94:

PPHSfan:

fball4life:
Do U know who anthony swain or jordan shipley is?Do you think we live under a rock?I live on top of the rock! :D Yeah and you always roll over onto my side, and you snore.Sorry about that. I'll try the "breath right" strips and see if they work. If not, I guess you'll just have to find another rock. I know this great place in Plymouth... :D Used to stay up there with my aunt on my mother's side, but got kicked out because I tried to make everyone go to the same church. Politics!!Sheesh!

eagleman_1234
11-10-2003, 07:15 PM
I have never played against Shipley although i would have loved to this year in the playoffs but my team didnt make it that far i have played against Swain and i Dnt think he even Matches up to shipley if he did it would show becuase if he was that good they would try to give him the ball as much as they give Shipley the ball. I think Swain is a good reciever dont get me wrong but he isnt an athlete like shipley!

espn1
11-10-2003, 07:25 PM
What University will Swain be playing for? If there's no answer to this question, then here's the answer to your question. Pretty tricky huh?

FootballFan03
11-10-2003, 07:30 PM
I have been fortunate to see them both play. Both are obviously great talents, and I would love to have either one on my team but I think Shipley is the best receiver regardless of classification. He is like a tall version of Wes Welker-soft hands, speed to burn, hard to bring down, and a knack for the big play.

Mustang '89
11-10-2003, 08:42 PM
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/06/87/26/image_226876.jpg

Let me start this off by saying that I am a "diehard" Manor Mustang fan. I have watched Anthony Swain play for the past two seasons on Manor's varsity. I think he is an excellent WR with great natural ability. He has the potential to be one of the best WR in the state but I do not think he is as good Shipley at this point. He is just a junior and is still trying to get a feel for the position. He has only played the position for two years. His potential is unlimited (big , strong, fast, great hands). He is probably not as good a route runner as Shipley. I would dare to say if you put him in Burnet's offense in place of Shipley, they probably would not miss a beat. He doesn't do all the extras that Shipley does (PR, KR, DB) because Manor has other athletes to fill those positions. He doesn't have the numbers Shipley has because Manor spreads the ball around on offense. Put him up against 98% of the WR in 3A and he comes out on top. Manor needs a big first down, they go to him. You may not know who he is, but ask any coach playing against Manor and he will tell you he spent extra time that week trying to figure out how to defend him.

SADAWG
11-10-2003, 08:59 PM
The stats for receivers from the Austin American from last Tuesday (before week 10) show Jordan Shipley with 59 for 1266 yards, Cody Warner 40 for 806. Wait, there's Swain with 39 for 773. Burnet also has Chris Levins with 98 rushes for 838 yards. Yep, sure looks like Shipley's all we have to go to.

eagleman_1234
11-10-2003, 09:01 PM
Mustang 89 i respect that u are i die hard fan i played for luling this year on offense and defense both and to tell u the truth we werent really worried about swain as much as u think last year when we played in manor was the same thing we werent to worried about him as a threat to our defense im not saying hes not good still dont get me wrong about that but i think yall r overrating him a slight bit! i think that hes a good reciever but still not as good as shipley, shipley is one of the best recievers to ever step foot in hs football in texas am i right or wrong? if he isnt then why would they five him the ball as much as they do and swain doesnt have a quarterback like shipley does i mean u have to give alot of credit to burnets QB if it want for him shipley wouldnt have the yards he has. manor switched back and forth with QB's last year and we knew when they were going to throw the ball.

Mustang '89
11-10-2003, 09:22 PM
eagleman_1234:
Mustang 89 i respect that u are i die hard fan i played for luling this year on offense and defense both and to tell u the truth we werent really worried about swain as much as u think last year when we played in manor was the same thing we werent to worried about him as a threat to our defense im not saying hes not good still dont get me wrong about that but i think yall r overrating him a slight bit! i think that hes a good reciever but still not as good as shipley, shipley is one of the best recievers to ever step foot in hs football in texas am i right or wrong? if he isnt then why would they five him the ball as much as they do and swain doesnt have a quarterback like shipley does i mean u have to give alot of credit to burnets QB if it want for him shipley wouldnt have the yards he has. manor switched back and forth with QB's last year and we knew when they were going to throw the ball.Are you talking about last year in Manor? I would agree because he was not the focal point of the offense. Manor could not decide on the QB the wanted to play and rarely passed the ball with any success. I don't think I overrated him. I don't think he as good as Shipley(is anyone?) I merely stated that his has the potential to be just as good. I did not crown him "king" receiver.

tigerSville_04
11-10-2003, 09:24 PM
I totally agree with you Mustang 89.

Mustang '89
11-10-2003, 09:41 PM
SADAWG:
The stats for receivers from the Austin American from last Tuesday (before week 10) show Jordan Shipley with 59 for 1266 yards, Cody Warner 40 for 806. Wait, there's Swain with 39 for 773. Burnet also has Chris Levins with 98 rushes for 838 yards. Yep, sure looks like Shipley's all we have to go to.Manor's offense is not nearly as highpowered as Burnet's. I was not trying to imply that Burnet does not have many weapons. If you check that page you will also see another Manor reciever with a decent average. You might also see that we have a quarterback and we do run the ball a little also.

Shipley..1266/59= 21.5 ypc
Warner...806/40 = 20.2 ypc
Swain....773/39 = 19.8 ypc

Look's comparable to me

Mustang '89
11-10-2003, 09:47 PM
We also score points and play defense in Manor too.

bulldogvet85
11-10-2003, 09:52 PM
I would want SHIPLEY hands down!!!

that comment about swain having better hands i dont know about that. I dont know how anyone can have much better hands than shipley. he hasnt dropped many passes. It's not that burnet just throws to shipley, its just that shipley finds ways to get open and he makes the catch. they dont just go to him. I have seen teams double team him, so then brnet starts throwing to the rest of the cast and they makes plays as well. Or they go with the run game which is just as good. even when shipley is double teamed he still finds ways to make the catch. So I think Shipley is prolly the better way to go and he gets alot of help from his teammates. Yes he is a big part of the offense but he is not the only guy on offense. the other reciever step up and make plays there QB makes some amazing plays and there run game comes when they need it.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2003, 09:54 PM
I would rather have Brandt Goeke from Bellville!!

bulldogvet85
11-10-2003, 09:56 PM
burnet runs the ball to and they play some great defense as well

Mustang '89
11-10-2003, 09:57 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
I would rather have Brandt Goeke from Bellville!!Another good choice.

Who started this thread anyways?

BurnetBulldog
11-10-2003, 09:59 PM
I'd rather have another cold Shiner... wink

Mustang '89
11-10-2003, 10:00 PM
bulldogvet85:
burnet runs the ball to and they play some great defense as wellI'm sorry, I guess I forgot to say that I was being sarcastic :p :p :p

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Mustang '89 ]</small>

Mustang '89
11-10-2003, 10:02 PM
BurnetBulldog:
I'd rather have another cold Shiner... wink Same here.

Manor all the way
11-11-2003, 10:50 AM
If Swain had his dad as the head coach to call the plays for him, then go home and talk about the plays then maybe he might have as many yards as Shipley!Or if his quarterback was as good as burnets QB then he'll look as good as shipley! I think swain is the best junior.

JasperDog94
11-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Manor all the way:
If Swain had his dad as the head coach to call the plays for him, then go home and talk about the plays then maybe he might have as many yards as Shipley!Or if his quarterback was as good as burnets QB then he'll look as good as shipley! I think swain is the best junior.I take it from your name that you are an unbaised poster that is just stating your opinion? Sorry, but I'll have to take Shipley for now. But you are correct in that Swain still has another year to improve. Plus, Shipley has one of the best QBs in the state throwing to him. But for my money, I'll still take Shipley.

BHS#1
11-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Manor all the way:
If Swain had his dad as the head coach to call the plays for him, then go home and talk about the plays then maybe he might have as many yards as Shipley!Or if his quarterback was as good as burnets QB then he'll look as good as shipley! I think swain is the best junior.That's your opinion and a bias one at that!!!! I think until you have seen Shipley play you don't have a clue what you are talking about. So take your 12 little post sit back look learn and read about WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

BulldogGrl64
11-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Manor all the way:
If Swain had his dad as the head coach to call the plays for him, then go home and talk about the plays then maybe he might have as many yards as Shipley!Or if his quarterback was as good as burnets QB then he'll look as good as shipley! I think swain is the best junior.Seems as if no matter what anyone says, you are not going to change your opinion on this matter. But as far as my pick.....SHIPLEY ALL THE WAY!!

BHS#1
11-11-2003, 11:47 AM
And this is NOT the Shipley Bulldogs it is the BURNET BULLDOGS and we are blessed to have ALL the Players that play for us. If you had a CLUE about the Shipley's you would know that!!!!!!!

BulldogGrl64
11-11-2003, 11:51 AM
BHS#1:
And this is NOT the Shipley Bulldogs it is the BURNET BULLDOGS and we are blessed to have ALL the Players that play for us. If you had a CLUE about the Shipley's you would know that!!!!!!!I totally agree with you BHS#1. It takes a whole team working together to win, not just 1 or 2 players. Burnet has an awesome team this year because they all work really well together. The Bulldogs would not be where they are without every single one of their players out on the field playing their best.

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Amen to the pine trees, Buckeye80!!!! I miss them every now and then. I like the wide open spaces where I'm at now, but I love going home to my Mom and Dad's house in good ole, EAST TEXAS! (Lufkin to be exact, Go Panthers!)

BHS#1
11-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Oh I forgot where is Manor playing this weekend?

BHS#1
11-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh I forgot where is Manor playing this weekend?

Megatonpitch
11-11-2003, 02:24 PM
I may be reading some of this wrong, but it sounds like you think McGee and Shipley are the only thing Burnet has and has ever had. I guess that's why they sent 5 to D1 last year, and will probably send at least 3 possibly 5 this year.

Manor all the way
11-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Well I am not trying to be mean to all of the Burnet fans, I agree shipley is a gifted and talented reciever and swain for his age he is one of the best for his age in texas so is jordan.
Manor plays navasota on friday at Brenham at 7:30 does anyone know how good navasota is.
Manor and Burnet in state championship game????

bulldogvet85
11-11-2003, 03:57 PM
manor and burnet in the championship game? I find that not likely. i dont think that manor will make it that far. yeah and swain for his age is putting up SOME numbers but christian from decatur is the same age and putting up better number that are comparable to what shipley had his junior year.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Hey fball4life,
Your Mr swain is in 3rd palce behind Cody Warner,
yes he is close to Cody, BUT NO PLACE NEAR Shipley.

One thing your leaving out is, when the game is over Mr Swain's stats aren't on the scoreboard, it's POINTS. The Austin Statesman shows Jordan with 159, I couldn't even find Mr Swain. SORRY
buddy IT AIN'T EVEN CLOSE!!
GreatBigBurnetFan

BHS#1
11-11-2003, 08:56 PM
I can Manor is lucky they will have Mr. Swain for one more year.

Mustang '89
11-11-2003, 09:53 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Hey fball4life,
Your Mr swain is in 3rd palce behind Cody Warner,
yes he is close to Cody, BUT NO PLACE NEAR Shipley.

One thing your leaving out is, when the game is over Mr Swain's stats aren't on the scoreboard, it's POINTS. The Austin Statesman shows Jordan with 159, I couldn't even find Mr Swain. SORRY
buddy IT AIN'T EVEN CLOSE!!
GreatBigBurnetFanAndre Ware and David Klingler put up big numbers too.
I don't even see why you are so upset about it. WE ALL KNOW SHIPLEY IS THE BEST WR IN TEXAS!!!!
We are talking about a high school kids POTENTIAL, that's all. And you feel the need to downgrade him.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Hi Mustang 89,
What does Klingler and Ware have to do with the price of tea in China? It seems your mr. fball4life started this mess with his ideals.
Just giving him(fball4life),NOT The young MR Swain something to think about. I think Mr Swain has better sense than to make these proclamations.
If he didn't want comparisons, he(fball4life)could
have left his little fingers off the keyboard. Any thing I have written were to fball4life. I'm quite sure the young Mr. Swain is fine young man
and will achieve much! He doesn't need fball4life to toot his horn! I didn't open this comparison.
It was fball4life and he put Jordan Shipley down!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan