PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorn's Secondary

No Show Jones
06-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Who do you think should be the starters?

Judging by the spring game I came away very impressed with these two young guys; Ben Wells(true freshmen) and Chykie Brown(RS-Freshmen). IMO those two should be the starting corners but they will probably go with experience and start the season off with Ryan Palmer and Brandon Foster. At safety you will have Marcus Griffin and most likely Drew Kelson.

pooch
06-28-2007, 10:56 AM
first game against Ark St. will tell us a little more since Wells and Brown will go against someone else they're not used to, you know?

tigerpride_08
06-28-2007, 10:57 AM
i think Deon Beasley will also be in contention for corner...played some last year there...

maestro
06-28-2007, 11:11 AM
pride..

why aren't you in the weightroom????!!!!

tigerpride_08
06-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by maestro
pride..

why aren't you in the weightroom????!!!!

my day off...pick back up tomorrow:D

KTA
06-28-2007, 04:38 PM
they will probably go with experience and start the season off with Ryan Palmer and Brandon Foster

I hate the play of these 2 guys

No Show Jones
06-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Me too KTA. I have heard that the coaches think that Chykie will be the next Thorpe winner out of Texas. Ben Wells was the self pro-claimed Best Corner in the state of Texas coming out of high school. You have to love that from a corner because confidence is everything.

KTA
06-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Yeah Chykie has some big time game, he just needs a lil bit more game experience. Corners are basically playing on a island you dont want a guy out there 2nd guessing what they are doing, which I feel foster and Palmer both do. Its almost like they dont even look like they belong on THAT campus, just look at how poorly they played against tosu. Wells is going to break the starting line up sometime this year...you can put money on that.

Emerson1
06-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I hate the play of these 2 guys
Me to for some reason, they just don't look like corners.

KTA
06-29-2007, 01:34 PM
me to for some reason, they just don't look like corners.

Im glad other people noticed this as well. Its like they are one in the same, they both play too stiff