PDA

View Full Version : Who has gotten the most rain in the state?

JR2004
06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
My guess right now is down around Marble Falls. I think they got 19 INCHES or so in the last 24 hours and had 11 inches in a 3 HOUR span today. My parents live back in Lampasas and they said they've gotten rain everyday for the last week and it doesn't look to let up until July 13th in Central Texas according to the weather report I looked up from Jim Spencer on the KXAN website. That's just crazy!

I know it's supposed to rain up here in Dallas through next weekend at the very least and probably longer than that. Even by Texas weather standards this is just insane how much rain we're getting. I met some folks who just moved here a few weeks ago from Pennsylvania. They were looking forward to some heat and good summer weather after being able to go outside only about 3 or 4 months of the year. Boy did they pick a fun time to move down here!

DU_stud04
06-27-2007, 09:27 PM
it needs to rain like that over in west texas, 19 inches would probly get the grass moist...hahaha, fill the lakes, sweetwater is looking to change its name to drydirt here pretty soon.

burnet44
06-27-2007, 09:38 PM
check out the NO drought areas
notice we aint in one
for a changehttp://drought.unl.edu/dm/12_week.gif

JR2004
06-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
check out the NO drought areas
notice we aint in one
for a change

It's about time we aren't in a drought for a change. I talked to a lady today down here for a conference from Atlanta. She said they'd love to be getting all this rain with the drought they're in right now.

mustang04
06-28-2007, 02:51 PM
it amkes me so mad....the parts of Texas that dont need the rain is getting it:mad: :mad: :mad:

SWMustang
06-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
it amkes me so mad....the parts of Texas that dont need the rain is getting it:mad: :mad: :mad:

I really wish we could send some your way. I'm tired of it.

pooch
06-28-2007, 09:00 PM
we've gotten almost a foot of rain in the past few days, but i'm not really complaining. I'm glad to see it although, yeah, there are days when I wish it'd stop....it could be worse.

JR2004
06-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

Dallas really needed the rain as well. Probably not quite as much as 99 percent of West Texas, but we really, really needed the rain.

luvhoops34
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I put this on the flood threat, but
it rained between 11 and 12 inches this morning between Beeville and George West.

Water was backed up from the Nueces River all the way to I-37. Lots of water! The good thing is that this will immensely help the water level in Lake CC.

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2007, 10:46 PM
It's supposed to hit pretty hard again tonight here - possibly another two inches. Luckily, we're away from any rivers, but there are roads not too far from me that may not be passible again. :( A bridge on the back-road to Marble Falls, just a few (2-4) miles from me, is toast & will take possibly 6 weeks to repair.