PDA

View Full Version : Need some help building a Region IV bracket

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't have my copy of "The Bible" just yet, but I want to make up some mock brackets for D1 and D2 based on Dave Campbell's top 3 picks for each district in Region IV.

If anyone can help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Dist 25:

1. Wimberley
2. Llano
3. Bandera (DI)

Dist 26:

1. La Vernia (DI)
2. Luling
3. Marion

Dist 27:

1. Pleasanton (DI)
2. Medina Valley
3. Lytle

Dist 28:

1. Devine
2. Hondo
3. Pearsall (DI)

Dist 29:

1. Cuero (DI)
2. Palacios
3. Yoakum

Dist 30:

1. Ingleside (DI)
2. Orange Grove
3. Sinton

Dist 31:

1. Raymondville
2. Zapata (DI)
3. Lyford

Dist 32:

1. Port Isabel
2. Rio Hondo
3. La Feria (DI)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you, sir!

44INAROW
06-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Thank you, sir!

oops :D :D

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you, sir! :doh: LOL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-27-2007, 03:17 PM
D'oh!!

Thank you, ma'am! :D

Just made the brackets on RGVSports.com, and boy do I like what I see for both Port Isabel and Rio Hondo.

Questions, though.

Hondo - Will they be as good as they were last year, or did they graduate the house?

Wimberley - Any info on them?

Medina Valley - I thought they were 4A? Got scoop on them?

Devine - Can anyone fill me in on them?

44INAROW
06-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Medina Valley was 4A until the last realignment - don't know much about their football program - but they have a heck of a golf team :eek:

big daddy russ
06-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Hondo - Will they be as good as they were last year, or did they graduate the house?
I don't know anything about the teams, but I'd be happy to tell you what Dave says.

According to DCTF, Hondo returns 4/4 starters. They lost 27 lettermen and only kept 13. Key losses were Elliot Hackebeil and Andy Werner. Both went to TLU.

Werner was that hoss of a RB they had last year.

They return a stud LB/RB and two OL, though.

Wimberley - Any info on them?
Return 13 lettermen, lose 24. Only return two starters on offense, but have six coming back on defense. I know they lost that Buse kid (I want to say he signed with Kansas, but I can't remember) that was running the ball for them along with that QB.

Don't know anything past that, other than DCTF makes it sound like they'll have another great "Code Red" defense, but that there are questions on offense and concerning the depth of the team.

Medina Valley - I thought they were 4A? Got scoop on them?
They return quite a bit. Only 18 lettermen total (doesn't say how many they lost), but return seven starters on offense and eight on defense. Also have an OL/DL (Patrick Hoog; 6'4," 290#) who made the DCTF Super Team. They look tough on paper, but are expected to finish second behind Pleasanton (27 returning lettermen, return 9/9 starters) in District 27.

Devine - Can anyone fill me in on them?
I think they've won the past two or three district titles. Anyone from that neck of the woods want to help me out?

Return 14 lettermen, lost 21. Only return 4/1 starters and lost that Chris West kid to New Mexico State.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Division 1 Bracket

Bandera
La Vernia

Pleasanton
Pearsall

Cuero
Ingleside

Zapata
La Feria

Division 2 Bracket

Wimberley
Marion

Medina Valley
Hondo

Palacios
Sinton

Raymondville
Rio Hondo

Llano
Luling

Lytle
Devine

Yoakum
Orange Grove

Lyford
Port Isabel

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't know anything about the teams, but I'd be happy to tell you what Dave says.

According to DCTF, Hondo returns 4/4 starters. They lost 27 lettermen and only kept 13. Key losses were Elliot Hackebeil and Andy Werner. Both went to TLU.

Werner was that hoss of a RB they had last year.

They return a stud LB/RB and two OL, though.

Return 13 lettermen, lose 24. Only return two starters on offense, but have six coming back on defense. I know they lost that Buse kid (I want to say he signed with Kansas, but I can't remember) that was running the ball for them along with that QB.

Don't know anything past that, other than DCTF makes it sound like they'll have another great "Code Red" defense, but that there are questions on offense and concerning the depth of the team.

They return quite a bit. Only 18 lettermen total (doesn't say how many they lost), but return seven starters on offense and eight on defense. Also have an OL/DL (Patrick Hoog; 6'4," 290#) who made the DCTF Super Team. They look tough on paper, but are expected to finish second behind Pleasanton (27 returning lettermen, return 9/9 starters) in District 27.

I think they've won the past two or three district titles. Anyone from that neck of the woods want to help me out?

Return 14 lettermen, lost 21. Only return 4/1 starters and lost that Chris West kid to New Mexico State.

So, based on all of that.....Sounds like both Medina Valley and Wimberley are going to be tough. However, they would meet each other in the 2nd round, and one will be gone after that. The bottom half of that side of the bracket looks like it's Rio Hondo's to take. I don't know what Sinton is bringing back but they've been struggling as of late from what I understand, and Palacios has virtually no playoff experience. So my picks for 3rd round, upper side of the bracket, Medina Valley vs. Rio Hondo.

Other side of the bracket....I don't know much about Llano or Luling to say much of anything about them. However, Devine has a good tradition going, and despite the low number of returning starters, I still think they'll make it out to the 3rd round. The other half of that bracket will have a doozy of a rematch, Port Isabel vs. Orange Grove. Port Isabel has a history of playing exceptionally well in "paybacks are a B!^@H" type games. I think they'll play well enough to meet up with Devine in the 3rd round.

So my picks for teams to make it into the 3rd round....

Medina Valley vs. Rio Hondo
Devine vs. Port Isabel

As for Division I, On the upper half of the bracket, I see Bandera and Pleasanton meeting in the 2nd round in one big ol' game. Cuero/Ingleside is also going to be another barn burner. La Feria should be able to dispatch Zapata. As for Div. 1 R4 final, give me Pleasanton vs. Cuero

gold_33
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Offense is the main question mark, we have two really good kids coming up ones a junior and the other a sophmore. The junior has a cannon and is big he played back up last year and got some pretty good PT the other is more like our QB this year quick and crafty. RB will be alright with Buses backup the past two years, hes as fast as Buse just not as strong and is experienced, he started on D as a sophmore. WR is the only big question but someone will have to step up. D will be real good this year at LB and DL lots of experience, secondary we'll be replacing 3 so some question marks there.

Buse went to Henderson St in Arkansas with last years QB Beaty.

big daddy russ
06-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Offense is the main question mark, we have two really good kids coming up ones a junior and the other a sophmore. The junior has a cannon and is big he played back up last year and got some pretty good PT the other is more like our QB this year quick and crafty. RB will be alright with Buses backup the past two years, hes as fast as Buse just not as strong and is experienced, he started on D as a sophmore. WR is the only big question but someone will have to step up. D will be real good this year at LB and DL lots of experience, secondary we'll be replacing 3 so some question marks there.

Buse went to Henderson St in Arkansas with last years QB Beaty.
Thanks for the update, gold. It's always good to get an insider's perspective.

Good luck this year.

Blastoderm55
06-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Medina Valley returns its District MVP QB and a spunky Sophomore RB in Aaron Baxter. We'll see how they fare against Beeville in Week Zero. They were favored last season when we played, and got clobbered 41-10. With Hoog being one of only two returning starters on the line, I don't see MV fairing much better against a strong returning Beeville defenese.