PDA

View Full Version : idiot woman sues ford because she thought cruise control drove car for her.

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A 45 year old woman is suing Ford Motor Company after she says the Cruise Control function was not properly explained to her resulting in a single vehicle accident. On June 2, a day after purchasing the vehicle from a dealership in Virginia, Margarette Lee set the cruise control thinking the vehicle would steer its self down the highway. About 15 seconds after setting the cruise the car veered off the highway and into a ditch. Lee was not severely injured in the accident, but says was left severely mentally traumatized. Lee did not directly return our phone calls, but her attorney said she is seeking 11.5 million dollars in damages.

carter08
06-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Has she read the Owner's Manual. It probably explains it for her.

Chief Woodman
06-27-2007, 12:05 PM
You can't fix stupid......But it keeps me employed.

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Let me guess......just before setting the cruise control, she was eating Starbursts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but anyone 45 years old who has no clue "what" a cruise control does has no business driving a car.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Let me guess......just before setting the cruise control, she was eating Starbursts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but anyone 45 years old who has no clue "what" a cruise control does has no business driving a car.

Don't try to play it off, we all know it was you when you went on vacation and to pick up your new car. :p

HM33
06-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Next thing we see will be someone sueing Sony becuase they sat to close to their 57" plasma TV and their vision got worse........:rolleyes:

burnet44
06-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
but says was left severely mentally traumatized

she was MENTALLY BEFORE the "accident"

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Don't try to play it off, we all know it was you when you went on vacation and to pick up your new car. :p HAHA

A few years ago there was another women :doh: that sued & WON b/c she thought the same thing about putting her RV in cruise control. She set it on cruise control, left the wheel to go pee!!! :eek: :doh:

OH MY GOD!!!!!

People are just S-T-U-P-I-D!!

Ranger Mom
06-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
HAHA

A few years ago there was another women :doh: that sued & WON b/c she thought the same thing about putting her RV in cruise control. She set it on cruise control, left the wheel to go pee!!! :eek: :doh:

OH MY GOD!!!!!

People are just S-T-U-P-I-D!!

That makes the judge and/or jury even stupider for judging in her favor!!:rolleyes:

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That makes the judge and/or jury even stupider for judging in her favor!!:rolleyes: Well yeah they are still people, right? :p :p :D

Ranger Mom
06-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Well yeah they are still people, right? :p :p :D

Barely!!:D :D

It's bad enough that people file stupid lawsuits...then, when they actually WIN them..........................well, you know how I feel about law enforcement, lawyers, judges, etc.:p

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 01:31 PM

It's bad enough that people file stupid lawsuits...then, when they actually WIN them..........................well, you know how I feel about law enforcement, lawyers, judges, etc.:p

HEE HEE. Yes, I do.

Is this day over yet?

JasperDog94
06-27-2007, 01:32 PM

It's bad enough that people file stupid lawsuits...then, when they actually WIN them..........................well, you know how I feel about law enforcement, lawyers, judges, etc.:p For real. 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.:mad:

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
For real. 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.:mad: My lawyer is in the 1%, he really is a good guy. :)

crzyjournalist03
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
am I the only person who sees humor in this story?

I can just see the salesman's pitch..."Oh yeah, this thing's a beauty...put 'er in cruise control and she'll practically drive herself"

piratebg
06-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Let me guess, she also thinks a quarterback is a refund too.

shankbear
06-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Dumb runs real deep. The lawyer that took the case must be eat up with the dumba$$. What a crock. Greedy butthead.

BILLYFRED0000
06-28-2007, 04:22 AM

It's called a frivolous suit. I look good in them by the way.

zebrablue2
06-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
You can't fix stupid......But it keeps me employed.

heavy on the YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

rangerjim
06-28-2007, 07:40 AM
has anyone seen the keys to my anti-lock brakes????????????

BILLYFRED0000
06-28-2007, 07:42 AM
No but if you will hang on I will get my metric crescent wrench and fix it for you.....

pirate4state
06-28-2007, 09:50 AM
HAHA

So, she didn't get up to pee, she got up to make a sandwich.

Finally, this year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home - from an OU football game, no less - having driven on to the free way, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Don't look so incredulous. Remember, we're talking about Oklahoma here. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her - you are sitting down, right? - $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might buy a motorhome.

:doh: :doh:

rockdale80
06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
b

Emerson1
06-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Mine is true

rockdale80
06-28-2007, 12:17 PM
v