PDA

View Full Version : Former Ohio State Quarterback Troy Smith

No Show Jones
06-27-2007, 11:11 AM
At the rookie symposium he brought up a good question for Mr. Goodell concerning the new player conduct policy and how athletes have changed. He asked the commisioner why he wasn't being positive with the new policy. So I think to myself, why hasn't he been.

Keith7
06-27-2007, 11:20 AM
you must have just been watching NFL network

burnet44
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
TROY SMITH QUERIED ROGER GOODELL by Michael David Smith

We noted this morning that a player at the NFL's Rookie Symposium asked commissioner Roger Goodell some tough questions about why he doesn't focus more on the positive when he speaks about the league and its players. Now at least part of that exchange -- with Baltimore Ravens rookie quarterback Troy Smith quizzing Goodell -- is available as a video on NFL.com with a heading that says, "NFL Network looks at the 11th annual rookie symposium."

Early in the video, NFL Network's Rich Eisen reports that Goodell gave a 10-minute speech and that the speech was followed by "quite a lively question and answer period." It then shows Smith, who won the Heisman Trophy last year at Ohio State, speaking up.

The video shows Smith saying to Goodell that every time he has seen Goodell speak, he has spoken about the need for more discipline. Smith then asks, "When and where is the positive stuff from you going to come out?"

Goodell replied, "Well, when you say positive stuff, I walk around talking about players and what they do in their communities every place I go. Unfortunately the media hits you with the negatives, and the commissioner has to deal with a lot of the negatives. But I promote our players every chance I can about what we are doing in our communities, what the players are doing in their communities. It reflects on that shield [meaning the NFL logo]. When I talk about that shield I talk about that shield because everyone here has an interest in it, Troy. It is not just about your individual team. It is not just about where you come from, Ohio State University. It's about what you represent as an NFL player right now. And we all represent that shield."

Smith will probably not be in the league long enough
to find out
Ill say cut in pre-season
maybe Europe or Arena league material

No Show Jones
06-27-2007, 11:41 AM
From what I hear Troy Smith is looking good.

Also from what I hear is that Brady Quinn is struggling

burnet44
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
neither will win games on Sundays

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
neither will win games on Sundays
^^^^^^^^
| | | | | | | |
Well, they might someday, but I know someone who never will.

burnet44
06-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I do too

they might win in the Arena league

Quinn will last a little while
contract possibly?

looking good in camp is one thing
looking good on Sundays is another

both of them MIGHT hang on
look Rex is a starter
there is hope for everyone

JasperDog94
06-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by No Show Jones
Also from what I hear is that Brady Quinn is struggling I hope Quinn loses every game this year. It's nothing against Quinn. Dallas gets Cleveland's 1st round pick this next year.:D

smustangs
06-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I hope Quinn loses every game this year. It's nothing against Quinn. Dallas gets Cleveland's 1st round pick this next year.:D

amen

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 01:02 PM
I finally know who the real identity of burnet44 is, he is Roger Goodell, always focusing and pointing out the negative.

burnet44
06-27-2007, 01:08 PM
still mature

you didnt read my post on Amazing Grace

good job KID

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Why are you still acting like being an old man makes you and your post higher in maturity?

smustangs
06-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why are you still acting like being an old man makes you and your post higher in maturity?

haha

burnet44
06-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Im not
Just look at your post