PDA

View Full Version : Needville at Sweeny

Gsquared
06-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Anybody wanna meet me down there on Oct. 5th ?

Gobbla2001
06-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Anybody wanna meet me down there on Oct. 5th ?

If I'm not working I can cruise up there... little over an hour from my house...

Gsquared
06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If I'm not working I can cruise up there... little over an hour from my house...
Perfect!!! Im thinkin a few Shiners before the game!

Gobbla2001
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Perfect!!! Im thinkin a few Shiners before the game! :crazy1:

carter08
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I was planning on going to Cuero/ Bay City that night, but Sweeny is closer.

I refuse to sit on the Sweeny side of the stands though. And the visitor side is pretty small.

So I'll probably just go to the Cuero/ BC game. Or Columbia at Stafford.

Gobbla2001
06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
ah, that's right Cuero's going to Bay City... Might have to watch the first half of that and the second half of Needville/Sweeny since they're in the same area...

Gsquared
06-27-2007, 11:24 AM
ah, that's right Cuero's going to Bay City... Might have to watch the first half of that and the second half of Needville/Sweeny since they're in the same area...
Ok, im savin seats for Carter and Gobbla

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't think I have anything on my schedule for this date. I might pencil this in. :p

Gsquared
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't think I have anything on my schedule for this date. I might pencil this in. :p
Ok, im savin seats for Carter, Gobbla, and P4S

IHStangFan
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Perfect!!! Im thinkin a few Shiners before the game! if thats the case I may motor on over and track you guys down! :clap:

Angeleyes
06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, im savin seats for Carter, Gobbla, and P4S

That's a big responsibilty....are you sure you can handle that??? http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4759.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Gsquared
06-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
if thats the case I may motor on over and track you guys down! :clap:
Im savin seats for Carter, Gobbla, P4S , and IHStangsFan

Angeleyes
06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Im savin seats for Carter, Gobbla, P4S , and IHStangsFan
What about me??? you gonna save me a seat?

Gsquared
06-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Im savin seats for Carter, Gobbla, P4S , IHStangsFan , and Angeleyes

JDOG
06-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Bay CIty is waaaaay down. The GObblas will punk them out!

Sweeny will beat the Jays in a close one. Coach Z has the Jays number.

Crow22
06-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
Bay CIty is waaaaay down. The GObblas will punk them out!

Sweeny will beat the Jays in a close one. Coach Z has the Jays number.

We've split with them the past 2 years.

Gsquared
06-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
We've split with them the past 2 years.
Coach, guess you guys shouldnt go based on the past. I think you guys should conceed the win to Sweeny because in the past 10 years they have a leg up. Darn, really wanted to come down there and watch you guys tear a new one in Sweeny. Hahaha, im still coming!

Crow22
06-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Coach, guess you guys shouldnt go based on the past. I think you guys should conceed the win to Sweeny because in the past 10 years they have a leg up. Darn, really wanted to come down there and watch you guys tear a new one in Sweeny. Hahaha, im still coming!

Yeah, G...

Since Needville has a history of "not living up" to the hype (which is funny considering we've never HAD any hype...lol), I think we're just going to pack it in and take 4th place without playing the season. Maybe the next year (if we DO in fact play) you can come see us.

Gsquared
06-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
Yeah, G...

Since Needville has a history of "not living up" to the hype (which is funny considering we've never HAD any hype...lol), I think we're just going to pack it in and take 4th place without playing the season. Maybe the next year (if we DO in fact play) you can come see us. Well, im gonna go ahead and come down there just in case you guys decide to show up. I know it would be pointless to do so but if anything, yall could do it for me. Just remember, years ago The Redskins beat the Cowboys, the very next year, the Cowboys beat the Redskins. Although this is not a common senario, its has happend.

burnet44
06-28-2007, 10:40 AM
G comes to game-Needville loses
G stays away-Needville has a chance

maestro
06-28-2007, 11:12 AM
talk all you want..

needville is winning this district......

tigerpride_08
06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by maestro
talk all you want..

needville is winning this district......

they might win the district but i don't expect them just to roll through it...they will be upsetted...wasn't it Sweeny last year that beat them for the first time?:thinking:

Uncle Buck
06-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
they might win the district but i don't expect them just to roll through it...they will be upsetted...wasn't it Sweeny last year that beat them for the first time?:thinking:

Why I do beleive it was. But hey, Needville is loaded. They are getting most everyone back. Sweeny lost alot........I guess the dogs should just roll over and play dead.

Gsquared
06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Buck
Why I do beleive it was. But hey, Needville is loaded. They are getting most everyone back. Sweeny lost alot........I guess the dogs should just roll over and play dead.
No, I think both should just play four quarters and the team with the most points at the end should win, instead of annointing last years winner, this years winner. Would be more fun that way, for me at least.

tigerpride_08
06-28-2007, 02:33 PM

i dunno what needville brings back i know they will be a one man show with T. Wilkerson...i do know Sweeny Returns their QB but not sure who else...

IHStangFan
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
i dunno what needville brings back i know they will be a one man show with T. Wilkerson...i do know Sweeny Returns their QB but not sure who else... and what about Wharton? They lost Ansley, and his favorite WR correct?

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
G comes to game-Needville loses
G stays away-Needville has a chance
Well, G could always sit on the Sweeny side. :devil: :devil:

carter08
06-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

but G is calling Needville's first play.

tigerpride_08
06-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
and what about Wharton? They lost Ansley, and his favorite WR correct?

exactly...but just as we were last year(dependant on certain players) that's how Needville will be this year...

mac77
06-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Speaking of G, that's a great first play being is that Sweeny hasn't stopped the G in 3 years!

Uncle Buck
06-29-2007, 12:01 AM
i dunno what needville brings back i know they will be a one man show with T. Wilkerson...i do know Sweeny Returns their QB but not sure who else...

Needville is getting back most of their offensive line, both starting running backs and most of their defense back including a great Linebacker.

Uncle Buck
06-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by mac77
Speaking of G, that's a great first play being is that Sweeny hasn't stopped the G in 3 years!

Stopped it good enough last year.

JDOG
06-29-2007, 09:59 AM
I like it when the Jays are loaded and hyped, which they definately are loaded. On paper the Dogs have no chance. Seen this show before.

burnet44
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

wont matter
the jays will be screwed

Uncle Buck
06-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
wont matter
the jays will be screwed

Why do you say that?

themsu97
07-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I will be free that night... I may make that game as well to see the former compadres... I will sit on the Needville side though...

Gsquared
07-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Why do you say that?
Cuz he thinks I curse any and all teams in wich I go watch

gato 76
07-02-2007, 08:26 AM

If you get a chance go watch bay city vs wos the week before it will be a good indicater on how good the city cats are going to be.

burnet44
07-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Cuz he thinks I curse any and all teams in wich I go watch

I dont think
I know
just wait and see

Gsquared
07-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Needville rolls because of my attendance

themsu97
07-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Needville will be tough... but when it is a rivalry game, you can never underestimate either team and I know that the Jays staff will have their boys prepared...

Old Green
07-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
If you get a chance go watch bay city vs wos the week before it will be a good indicater on how good the city cats are going to be. I'm planning on making this game again. I haven't missed it in 3 years.

carter08
07-02-2007, 12:28 PM
So G...

Needville side or Sweeny side?

Gsquared
07-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by carter08
So G...

Needville side or Sweeny side?
Well, after I call the first offensive series for Needville, Crow is making me go sit on top of the Sweeny bus to watch the rest of the game.

carter08
07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Well, after I call the first offensive series for Needville, Crow is making me go sit on top of the Sweeny bus to watch the rest of the game.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Buck
07-03-2007, 01:21 AM

Careful.........They have a Silverback who drives the Bus.

They dont call him MR Surly for nothing.

g$$
07-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by carter08
I refuse to sit on the Sweeny side of the stands though.

Sounds good to me!

Hey Buck - still call the "G" play "socket" or is that too old school now? Whatever, great play in any era & hard to stop when executed! Best of luck this year.

c-town_balla
07-03-2007, 01:45 AM
all i know is that Sweeny has way to much Zajicek....my last name......to not win

callin it
Region 3 Final
Cameron Sweeny
zajicek show down

lol

Gsquared
07-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Sounds good to me!

Hey Buck - still call the "G" play "socket" or is that too old school now? Whatever, great play in any era & hard to stop when executed! Best of luck this year.
Thats what my play is named

Uncle Buck
07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Sounds good to me!

Thats gone, its called something else, although he still calls socket and we all giggle. So much time, too manny natties.

Uncle Buck
07-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
all i know is that Sweeny has way to much Zajicek....my last name......to not win

callin it
Region 3 Final
Cameron Sweeny
zajicek show down

lol

Iam sure Sweeny would take that and be happy for it.

tigerpride_08
07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Iam sure Sweeny would take that and be happy for it.

the only reason they went 3 rounds deep last year is gone to TCU...they are returning their QB though so that makes the blow alittle softer...

carter08
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Sounds good to me!

I knew you'd be happy about that

g$$
07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Thats gone, its called something else, although he still calls socket and we all giggle. So much time, too manny natties.

Good stuff. We ran the dog out of 36/37 socket with a guy named Chris Jordan (& others thru the years). That was many Natties ago, like you said! GATA

g$$
07-03-2007, 05:00 PM
the only reason they went 3 rounds deep last year is gone to TCU...they are returning their QB though so that makes the blow alittle softer...

Tank Carder was a player, no doubt, & best of luck to him in Ft. Worth. But it is still 11 on 11 last time I checked.

I am telling you: don't sleep on the 'Dogs. The program is back in place thanks to Coach Z & staff. And young talent is on the way too. Sweeny will not be going away anytime soon.

tigerpride_08
07-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Tank Carder was a player, no doubt, & best of luck to him in Ft. Worth. But it is still 11 on 11 last time I checked.

I am telling you: don't sleep on the 'Dogs. The program is back in place thanks to Coach Z & staff. And young talent is on the way too. Sweeny will not be going away anytime soon.

i agree with what your saying...with that in mind i see district going like this...

1.Needville
2.Wharton/Sweeny
3.Sweeny/Wharton/Columbia

our game against Sweeny could mean 2nd place...but with an 8 team district someone is going to spoil playoffs for another team...it's basically going to be a fight for 2 spots with Sweeny,Columbia, and Us fighting for them...

Uncle Buck
07-04-2007, 01:04 AM

OUCH!!!!! Now that hurts.