PDA

View Full Version : someone who knows basketball....

maestro
06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
PLEASE MAKE TOMORROW'S PICK FOR THE HOUSTON ROCKETS....

the days of finding a robert horry are long gone....

RUDY T. please come back!!!!

JasperDog94
06-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, the Rockets have been terrible in the draft since Yao. Look at how many of Utah's players were 2nd rounders. That's how you build a team.

maestro
06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
one year the rockets had THREE first rounders...

the rashard lewis disaster.....

anyone ever heard of that turkish center the rockets took???

that was super embarassing for rockets ' fans..

carter08
06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
If Glen Davis is there at 26, I think the Rockets should take him

big daddy russ
06-27-2007, 11:00 AM
The only decent bigs that should be available will be Tiago Splitter and Houston's own Sean Williams. Williams is a better prospect (extremely athletic shotblocking/defensive PF in the Marcus Camby/Theo Ratliff mold) with tons of upside and he's from Houston, but he has character issues.

Personally, I'd take Alando Tucker (the next Michael Finley... he even went to school at Wisconsin) if he's still available then trade for a PF or go after one in free agency.

Basically, just take the best player available. Here's my list of the best players that could still be around:

1. Alando Tucker, SF Wisc
2. Aaron Afflalo, SG UCLA
3. Morris Almond, SG Rice (another hometown boy)
4. Reyshawn Terry, SF UNC

Tucker will be the steal of the draft. I've always been big on four-year players who dominated at the college level but were passed over for kids with more 'upside' (Finley, Josh Howard, Kevin Martin, Gilbert Arenas, etc). You already know how good Tucker is. You know he's going to be a star in the Michael Finley mold. Take the guy and if you don't want or need him a year or two from now, he's trade bait.

Originally posted by carter08
If Glen Davis is there at 26, I think the Rockets should take him

A darkhorse could be Glen "Big Baby" Davis out of LSU. He's the only low post scoring threat that would still be available late in the first, but he suffers from lapses, has weight issues, is soft on the defensive side of things, and isn't athletic enough to complement Yao inside. Is he the next Tractor Traylor or the next Shawn Kemp (absolutely dominant during the first five- to seven years of his career, but then weight issues catch up with him)?

charlesrixey
06-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The only decent bigs that should be available will be Tiago Splitter and Houston's own Sean Williams. Williams is a better prospect (extremely athletic shotblocking/defensive PF in the Marcus Camby/Theo Ratliff mold) with tons of upside and he's from Houston, but he has character issues.

Personally, I'd take Alando Tucker (the next Michael Finley... he even went to school at Wisconsin) if he's still available then trade for a PF or go after one in free agency.

Basically, just take the best player available. Here's my list of the best players that could still be around:

1. Alando Tucker, SF Wisc
2. Aaron Afflalo, SG UCLA
3. Morris Almond, SG Rice (another hometown boy)
4. Reyshawn Terry, SF UNC

Tucker will be the steal of the draft. I've always been big on four-year players who dominated at the college level but were passed over for kids with more 'upside' (Finley, Josh Howard, Kevin Martin, Gilbert Arenas, etc). You already know how good Tucker is. You know he's going to be a star in the Michael Finley mold. Take the guy and if you don't want or need him a year or two from now, he's trade bait.

A darkhorse could be Glen "Big Baby" Davis out of LSU. He's the only low post scoring threat that would still be available late in the first, but he suffers from lapses, has weight issues, is soft on the defensive side of things, and isn't athletic enough to complement Yao inside. Is he the next Tractor Traylor or the next Shawn Kemp (absolutely dominant during the first five- to seven years of his career, but then weight issues catch up with him)?

everybody wants glen davis to slide down to them after about #25

that tells me he won't slide very far

big daddy russ
06-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
everybody wants glen davis to slide down to them after about #25

that tells me he won't slide very far
Let's hope so. He's not a good fit for the Rockets at all.

And I've seen reports of Davis going anywhere from #23 to the Lakers all the way down to late in the second (NBADraft.net has him going #50 to Dallas). A lot of teams are just throwing out smokescreens so that someone else may fall to them, but we'll see if these are all smoke screens come draft day.

JasperDog94
06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Let's hope so. He's not a good fit for the Rockets at all. Agreed. Not with the system that Adleman will run.