PDA

View Full Version : Flooding...?

Darren
06-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Wondering how posters in the Marble Falls / Liberty Hill area are holding out.

I heard this morning that some areas got as much as 18 inches in the last 24 hours in LH.

Hope everyone is ok.

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2007, 07:28 AM
:eek: :eek: I just turned on the news. I didn't think it had rained all that much, but roads all around are closed. Summer School has been closed. I'm supposed to take my son to work in a couple of minutes and it looks like the road might be closed where he works. :eek:

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Hubby offered to take him to work, but I doubt they'll be able to make it. He said he went out around midnight last night to one of the stores and there were several folks just hanging out because they were stranded.

Darren
06-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Be very careful. I would say stay home. I heard an update and they say 18 inches in 6 hours with the possibility of more during the day.

Stay safe.

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Apparently I completely slept through what hit last night. My son got up in the middle of the night and looked out the front door - the rain was blowing almost parallel to the ground. It's been raining since I woke up at 4:45 or so.

Llano's getting it bad. They just showed the bridge that crosses the river and said at one point they thought it was washed out, but it was "only" 5 ft under water.

The good news is that the picnic is officially cancelled. Those folks were coming from Lake Travis.....well, they're in the same boat (no pun intended) that we are.

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Got a text from B (marlin_fan) last night said they were flooding again, but I'm not sure if he meant in Marlin, Kileen or the Cove.

Everyone stay safe & off the roads!!!

Ranger Mom
06-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Apparently I completely slept through what hit last night. My son got up in the middle of the night and looked out the front door - the rain was blowing almost parallel to the ground. It's been raining since I woke up at 4:45 or so.

Llano's getting it bad. They just showed the bridge that crosses the river and said at one point they thought it was washed out, but it was "only" 5 ft under water.

The good news is that the picnic is officially cancelled. Those folks were coming from Lake Travis.....well, they're in the same boat (no pun intended) that we are.

I heard on the news this morning...either CNN or FOX, (our local stations are out) that several high water rescues had to be performed in Liberty Hill and Leander!

We didn't get much rain, but got to endure 94 MPH winds and my electricity went out last night for about 3 hours.

I woke up and thought I had gone blind it was so dark!!:D

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I heard on the news this morning...either CNN or FOX, (our local stations are out) that several high water rescues had to be performed in Liberty Hill and Leander!

We didn't get much rain, but got to endure 94 MPH winds and my electricity went out last night for about 3 hours.

I woke up and thought I had gone blind it was so dark!!:D

94 MPH winds???? :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW

Crazy, crazy weather

mustang04
06-27-2007, 09:10 AM
dangit...why can't sweetwater get any of this???:(

Darren
06-27-2007, 09:11 AM
LH is it still raining there?

EagleFan1997
06-27-2007, 09:11 AM
My prayers go out to the folks down in DFW area. I could not even think how it would be to flood like you in the DFW are. Amarillo & Canyon Had Flooding last night but nothing compared to DFW. Amarillo had alot of Underpass that were impassable. and alot of stranded motorest. But that is nothing.

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Darren
LH is it still raining there?
Yes, but it's a slow rain.....not that it helps being slow in some areas, but there has been some dissipation.

STANG RED
06-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Many roads in and around Abilene are closed, and more rain is expected today and through the night.
We're trying to build a new windfarm about 10 miles north of Abilene, on Hwy 351. I sent all my guys home this morning, and told them not to come back till Monday. Even if we dont get any more rain, it will take that long to dry out. We pumped all our trenches and low areas out yesterday, but they had as much or more in them this morning, so I'm just giving up for this week.:(

Old Dog
06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Work in Marble Falls part time. Some streets are a mess, saw damage to businesses and homes along Whitman Draw (Creek) and still raining. Some reports of 13-18 inches overnight. Between Burnet and Bertram there was quite a lightning display most all night and much rain (not as great as Marble tho)!!!!!

Chief Woodman
06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
From Fort Worth....

My fire department made 70 high water rescues in 2 hours yesterday. Not a single fire truck was available to take additional calls. Egale mountain lake is letting out 8000 cubic feet per second and it is rapidly filling Lake Worth. Lake worth will be over the spillway by 4 PM and flooding in Fort Worth (which was bad yesterday) will increase. All of this flows downhill in the Trinity river.