PDA

View Full Version : Who should be #1 in 3A?

charlesrixey
06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
this should be interesting

Txbroadcaster
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I think u need a none of the above..leaving out some good teams

burnet44
06-26-2007, 10:01 PM
like?

No Show Jones
06-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Liberty Hill because they return an abundence of starters from their state championship team who dominated DCTF's number 1, Giddings.

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Not Cuero... with what we've lost we shouldn't be on this poll... no way anyone should rank us with what we need to do to get back up top...

but I will say, if this team stays together and a couple of pieces fit the way we think it will, I'll be smiling... they got some goods...

Txbroadcaster
06-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Mainly Gilmer..This year's Gilmer remind me ALOT of the State title team

The year before the Title team they had a great QB and looked poised to make a run at State..They got beat by eventual State winner Atlanta

That team lost their stud QB from the year before and replaced him with a WR converted back to QB..they still won state

charlesrixey
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think u need a none of the above..leaving out some good teams

if one of the moderators wants to do that, they can

Uncle Buck
You left out needville?

Crap son....... They could go all da way this year.

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Mainly Gilmer..This year's Gilmer remind me ALOT of the State title team

The year before the Title team they had a great QB and looked poised to make a run at State..They got beat by eventual State winner Atlanta

That team lost their stud QB from the year before and replaced him with a WR converted back to QB..they still won state

I'd buy Gilmer for sure... but with the hype of last year mixed with last year's results, they're not gunna get much love on here... but I'll give it to 'em, they're gunna be d-d-dangerous...

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I voted for Royse City... I'm really gunna be pulling for those guys this year unless Cuero's in the same divison blah blah blah...

mchavez
06-26-2007, 10:53 PM
I agree you need an "other" option!! Snyder should not be on there!! I think Vernon should be on there; however, I don't see them as my number 1 team but they're a better option than some teams like Snyder!

kepdawg
06-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I can't believe SLC is not an option! :mad:

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Snyder?

HAHA

BILLYFRED0000
06-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I will take Celina for now. We return most of our starters losing only 6 seniors. We will miss 3 of those guys two from the line and of course Dru at safety. Hard to say who we will miss the most probably Jamie Blatnick 3 time all state lineman. But nice thing about the line is you can fill a whole in the line easier than
the skill positions. We have some good lineman coming up. I just hope they put their shoes on cause they have big ones to fill.

I would argue against LH because they lose their starting QB and that is the toughest spot for a replacement in the slot T. He is the magician that fakes them all out. Not to mention that they do lose 7 starters overall is it or is it 8?

kepdawg
06-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I will take Celina for now. We return most of our starters losing only 6 seniors. We will miss 3 of those guys two from the line and of course Dru at safety. Hard to say who we will miss the most probably Jamie Blatnick 3 time all state lineman. But nice thing about the line is you can fill a whole in the line easier than
the skill positions. We have some good lineman coming up. I just hope they put their shoes on cause they have big ones to fill.

I would argue against LH because they lose their starting QB and that is the toughest spot for a replacement in the slot T. He is the magician that fakes them all out. Not to mention that they do lose 7 starters overall is it or is it 8?

I thought LH brought back more than Celina.

dogdad
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
I voted LH
bringing back a lot and proved a lot ly

BILLYFRED0000
06-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I thought LH brought back more than Celina.

That would be no. Celina only lost 5 fulltime starters 2 on O and 3 on the D with one other most of the time starter. None of the losses were skill positions save one reciever. Very small senior class last year but we did lose some good ones with 3 all staters.

pirate4state
06-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
this should be interesting ya think?

:D

kepdawg
06-27-2007, 12:57 AM
That would be no. Celina only lost 5 fulltime starters 2 on O and 3 on the D with one other most of the time starter. None of the losses were skill positions save one reciever. Very small senior class last year but we did lose some good ones with 3 all staters.

Fulltime, most of the time, part time, whatever! 5 vs 7 ain't that big of a difference! Maybe if Celina returns so many the kids will be able to make the necessary adjustments that the coaches weren't able to against LH!

BILLYFRED0000
06-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Fulltime, most of the time, part time, whatever! 5 vs 7 ain't that big of a difference! Maybe if Celina returns so many the kids will be able to make the necessary adjustments that the coaches weren't able to against LH!

Celina returns all of their starting skill players except taylor Kolb.
Starting receiver and db. LH does not return their starting QB.
REal problem we had was not the defense in any case. Like I said in another thread our passing game was a little weak last year. I do not know how it will look this year. QB is back and should be better but our receiver corp last year was not consistent except Taylor. The D did ok against LH. The O was stopped too many times because we did not believe we were able to throw well.

bobcat1
06-27-2007, 04:56 AM
Read Dave Campbell to see what we lost in Coach Ford's words. We lost a bunch and I think until the State Champ shows reason to be anything less than #1 they should be at the top. We will do okay this year we don't need a state ranking to do well. ;)

Old Green
06-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by No Show Jones
Liberty Hill because they return an abundence of starters from their state championship team who dominated DCTF's number 1, Giddings. I agree:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2007, 05:34 AM
LH does not return their starting QB.
So??????? Our starting QB from last season missed all but scrimmage time in 2005, with a broken leg. All pre-season last year, folks around the net said we couldn't replace the tandem of Kociuba & Escamilla and the only guys returning that mattered were Bode (played QB in '05 because of Perrin's leg) & Lattimore. :hand: :hand: They got the same "so?" response from me then. :p (Actually more on the lines of "that's not all we return".)

I like what I saw last night at 7vs7. One of the neat things about not participating in the SQT tourneys, is we get to watch kids in spots they wouldn't normally be playing. Kinda cool to watch OL-men running routes going for passes. But, until I see the "team" on the field together to know how they gel as ONE, I'm not ready to vote for us. Of course, I can't bring myself to vote for either of the teams we beat in the playoffs, regardless of who/what they return. ;) Sooo....LE got mine. :)

Snydertigersrul
06-27-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by mchavez
I agree you need an "other" option!! Snyder should not be on there!! I think Vernon should be on there; however, I don't see them as my number 1 team but they're a better option than some teams like Snyder!

Snyder should be No. 2 behind Liberty Hill. I believe old school and the champ is the champ until they are knocked off the throne. Royce City doesn't not deserve in the poll. I remember Wylie beating them soundly in the playoffs. The Tigers are for real. I suspect that you may have Sweetwater ties with that attitude.

lostaussie
06-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
I voted LH
bringing back a lot and proved a lot ly me too!!!

lostaussie
06-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Snyder should be No. 2 behind Liberty Hill. I believe old school and the champ is the champ until they are knocked off the throne. Royce City doesn't not deserve in the poll. I remember Wylie beating them soundly in the playoffs. The Tigers are for real. I suspect that you may have Sweetwater ties with that attitude. wow thats quite a reason for RC not to be in the poll. because they lost a game in another year, they don't deserve to be there.............interesting.............yet you want snyder #2. i seem to remember them also being beaten soundly in another year. that reasoning don't fly. i saw RC last year and they deserve any and all accolades that they recieve. they will be a contender.

Darren
06-27-2007, 08:01 AM
I vote LH..... I'd like to say Giddings but LH has proven themselves as winners.

charlesrixey
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM

DCTF reported 5/6 but i had heard consistently 8/8

maybe Coach Ford was keeping it close to the vest?

charlesrixey
06-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Snyder should be No. 2 behind Liberty Hill. I believe old school and the champ is the champ until they are knocked off the throne. Royce City doesn't not deserve in the poll. I remember Wylie beating them soundly in the playoffs. The Tigers are for real. I suspect that you may have Sweetwater ties with that attitude.

Royse City lost by 7 to the state champions and returns almost everything.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree

Gsquared
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Royse City lost by 7 to the state champions and returns almost everything.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree
Yeah but Snyder lost to 2A Marlin by a little, and Vernon too. Snyder rules. J/K I think Snyder will be good but I do think DCTF was a little generous to both RC and Snyder ranking them above LH and Celina. Oh well, rankings are just for fun.

Ranger Mom
06-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't know who has what returning....but I DID see Snyder AND Liberty Hill play last season......my vote went to Liberty Hill!

No offense Snyder!!:D

mustang04
06-27-2007, 08:46 AM

snyder hasnt done anything in the whole HISTORY of their football program to ever be ranked number 2....not being a jerk, but speaking the truth, i mean, when have they have lost in a state championship???? when have they EVER PLAYED in one...hell, when have they ever even made it to the semi finals???? for a team who has never gone to state or semis, Snyder sure is requesting alot

Gobbla2001
06-27-2007, 09:04 AM
LH will not have a problem replacing their QB, they do it every year, the system always produces what they "need"... nothing more, nothing less, they just run every play right and that's what gets 'em the w's...

pirate4state
06-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
snyder hasnt done anything in the whole HISTORY of their football program to ever be ranked number 2....not being a jerk, but speaking the truth, i mean, when have they have lost in a state championship???? when have they EVER PLAYED in one...hell, when have they ever even made it to the semi finals???? for a team who has never gone to state or semis, Snyder sure is requesting alot Let's not lump the entire town of Snyder together - it is just ONE poster that is asking ALOT. :doh: Every day of every week it seems. :rolleyes:

It's all good - keeps everyone on their toes!! :D

Snyder_TigerFan
06-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Let's not lump the entire town of Snyder together - it is just ONE poster that is asking ALOT. :doh: Every day of every week it seems. :rolleyes:

It's all good - keeps everyone on their toes!! :D

Ya, what she said.

I'm going with LH, until someone beats them.

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
they just run every play right
Hey, we go left and up the middle, too. :p ;)

tigerbyheart
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
snyder hasnt done anything in the whole HISTORY of their football program to ever be ranked number 2....not being a jerk, but speaking the truth, i mean, when have they have lost in a state championship???? when have they EVER PLAYED in one...hell, when have they ever even made it to the semi finals???? for a team who has never gone to state or semis, Snyder sure is requesting alot

I think Snyder may be ranked a little high in the DCTF but I think you will see us in the playoffs come December. Oh and by the way mustang 04 Snyder played in the Semis after beating SW in the Regionals in 2004. I don't think Snyder is requesting anything, we are just excited about our team. I still believe until someone knocks off Liberty Hill, they should be ranked #1.

jlivey7
06-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Royce City doesn't not deserve in the poll. I remember Wylie beating them soundly in the playoffs.

RC lost to wylie 3 yrs ago...None of the same people will even be on the team this year. They are a totally different team now. Then they relied on soley the running game. Now they could be the best passing team in the state.

Gsquared
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Dang, some RC hommies comin out of the wood works.

lostaussie
06-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by jlivey7
Now they could be the best passing team in the state. hold on there my friend:D

mustang04
06-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
I think Snyder may be ranked a little high in the DCTF but I think you will see us in the playoffs come December. Oh and by the way mustang 04 Snyder played in the Semis after beating SW in the Regionals in 2004. I don't think Snyder is requesting anything, we are just excited about our team. I still believe until someone knocks off Liberty Hill, they should be ranked #1.
ok..my bad, yall have made it to the semis....being excited about your team is one thing (it's a very good thing) and i know firsthand that snyder has devoted fans and it is admirable....buuuuut some of the fans need to realize that snyder is not #2....i appreciate you making a good point about snyder's ranking in DCTF and i stand corrected on my semi's comment

Txbroadcaster
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM

Well if the champs should be first..then by your thoughts it should be

1 LH
2 LE

44INAROW
06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hey, we go left and up the middle, too. :p ;)

and if memory serves me correct - you'll throw a pass just to keep the defense on their toes :p :p :)

charlesrixey
06-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and if memory serves me correct - you'll throw a pass just to keep the defense on their toes :p :p :)

the memories hurt, deep inside!:(

tigerbyheart
06-27-2007, 02:50 PM
ok..my bad, yall have made it to the semis....being excited about your team is one thing (it's a very good thing) and i know firsthand that snyder has devoted fans and it is admirable....buuuuut some of the fans need to realize that snyder is not #2....i appreciate you making a good point about snyder's ranking in DCTF and i stand corrected on my semi's comment

I love my Tigers and am truly devoted, but I don't put much stock in any rankings. I don't think we should be ranked #2................

yet!!!!!:D :D :D

Snydertigersrul
06-27-2007, 07:37 PM

If I recall, Sweetwater could have played Snyder last year, but they let a Vernon team dominate them in the first half. Snyder took Vernon down to the wire. The Tigers were ahead by a touchdown and driving for another when they fumbled in the red zone. Vernon drove the length of the field and later scored the winning TD. But the Tigere were there. I sure wish that they will play each other this year, but it wouldn't be until sometime in the playoffs.

mustang04
06-27-2007, 07:56 PM
If I recall, Sweetwater could have played Snyder last year, but they let a Vernon team dominate them in the first half. Snyder took Vernon down to the wire. The Tigers were ahead by a touchdown and driving for another when they fumbled in the red zone. Vernon drove the length of the field and later scored the winning TD. But the Tigere were there. I sure wish that they will play each other this year, but it wouldn't be until sometime in the playoffs.

and pretty sure 90% of the team last year were struck with the same stomach bug during the game, most of the starters had to take medicine before the game...bet you didnt kno that little detail, did ya?

mustang04
06-27-2007, 07:58 PM

and never were any of my posts about sweetwater playing snyder...i dunno why you changed subject to that, maybe cuz you know good and well as i do that snyder football has never been good enough to be #2 in the state

gold_33
06-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Well im not jumpin on the LH bandwagon just yet, until they beat Wimberley or Cuero. They couldnt win in region IV cause they couldnt get past either one of us then they move to region III and all the sudden are a powerhouse. They havent beat us in three years and our coaches seem to be the only ones in state that have figured them out. I think the loss of Bodie is gonna hurt them more than they think cause he had great speed and had played QB the year before when Perrin was hurt. If LH beats us and Cuero then I'll admit i was wrong and have my plate of crow.

dogdad
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
well, they won the D2 state championship last year. What more can they do?

burnet44
06-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Im sure ill get blasted but
the only reason most from reg 1 and 4
are ranked cuz they will be in the last 4
region 2 and 3 have better players hence better teams
reg 4 has wimberly and cuero and nothing else
region 1 has Wylie Vernon aint as good state wide
decatur has been ok
but on a state wide basis thats about it

the real talent is in region 2 and 3
reg 2 Celina-Royce City?-Gilmer-Atlanta-LE
reg 3 Cameron-Hutto-LH-Rusk-WOS-Jasper-Bellville-Lagrange-Sweeny-Columbia-Giddings

reg 2 and 3 are way better at this time

some of you will get on and rag this post so be it
but look at the teams in the playoffs and winning in the playoffs
playing in Dec not just thanksgiving

and beating each other up

at this time reg 2 and 3 are by far the best

the talent is in reg 2 and 3

demograpics look at em

in reg 1 defense reg 1 has lost a lot of people in the last 10 years
many teams have dropped from 4a
but still the talent aint there

region 3 has had some 4a's drop and they are still good

look at it through rose colored glasses but these are the facts

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Well im not jumpin on the LH bandwagon just yet, until they beat Wimberley or Cuero. They couldnt win in region IV cause they couldnt get past either one of us then they move to region III and all the sudden are a powerhouse. They havent beat us in three years and our coaches seem to be the only ones in state that have figured them out. I think the loss of Bodie is gonna hurt them more than they think cause he had great speed and had played QB the year before when Perrin was hurt. If LH beats us and Cuero then I'll admit i was wrong and have my plate of crow.
It's not necessarily about who you lost to, but who you beat....and when. ;) I'll take last year's wins over Giddings and Hondo (and the state championship) as a fair trade for the losses to Cuero and Wimberley. :) And no, Bode will not be easy to replace. But we have no choice but to replace him. Whoever ultimately ends up in that spot will have his shoes cut out for him, but I expect he'll give it all he has.

As far as the Region III/Region IV thing.....like we had a choice. :rolleyes:

44INAROW
06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
the memories hurt, deep inside!:(

sorry CR, didn't mean to bring back bad memories........ I was referring to the pass LH threw against Cuero last year and it caught us offguard for sure...... The memories that cut a hole in my stomach are 2 particular field goals in the last seconds of 2 particular games (State Finals 2004 and State Semi-Finals 2005 :()

charlesrixey
06-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
sorry CR, didn't mean to bring back bad memories........ I was referring to the pass LH threw against Cuero last year and it caught us offguard for sure...... The memories that cut a hole in my stomach are 2 particular field goals in the last seconds of 2 particular games (State Finals 2004 and State Semi-Finals 2005 :()

at least we suffer together!:(

SUPERMANN5107
06-27-2007, 11:02 PM
and pretty sure 90% of the team last year were struck with the same stomach bug during the game, most of the starters had to take medicine before the game...bet you didnt kno that little detail, did ya?

Whoever told u that is wrong because i played for the team that was beat by vernon...there was no one sick, we were just outplayed, plain and simple

Snyder_TigerFan
06-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
Whoever told u that is wrong because i played for the team that was beat by vernon...there was no one sick, we were just outplayed, plain and simple

I think 'ol Mustang04 is claiming that the Sweetwater team was sick. Good to know that a Snyder player can admit defeat without excuses.;)

SideBurnWillie
06-28-2007, 09:47 AM

That was that dang ole pooch kick virus. Had us all squirting all game long, couldn't hold on to anything. :D

DaHop72
06-28-2007, 10:38 AM
...hell, when have they ever even made it to the semi finals???? It wasn't pretty but Snyder was there in 2004, after beating who?? in the quarter-finals.:D :D

No Show Jones
06-28-2007, 10:39 AM
It's not necessarily about who you lost to, but who you beat....and when. ;) I'll take last year's wins over Giddings and Hondo (and the state championship) as a fair trade for the losses to Cuero and Wimberley. :) And no, Bode will not be easy to replace. But we have no choice but to replace him. Whoever ultimately ends up in that spot will have his shoes cut out for him, but I expect he'll give it all he has.

As far as the Region III/Region IV thing.....like we had a choice. :rolleyes: They also said the same thing about Casey, Matt, and that other guy.

mustang04
06-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
It wasn't pretty but Snyder was there in 2004, after beating who?? in the quarter-finals.:D :D
i already stood corrected on that.....so let me rephrase.....when has Snyder EVER won a semifinal game.......NEVER:D :D

burnet44
06-28-2007, 10:45 AM
As I said about region 1

mustang04
06-28-2007, 10:48 AM
i really wonder who the 5 votes from snyder are from????? haha...they shouldnt even be on the list

No Show Jones
06-28-2007, 10:48 AM
i really wonder who the 5 votes from snyder are from????? haha...they shouldnt even be on the list Can you say HOMER?

mustang04
06-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Can you say HOMER?

yep...those are all homer votes

No Show Jones
06-28-2007, 10:49 AM
yep...those are all homer votes This is probably one of the more unbias polls I have seen on this site though.

DDBooger
06-28-2007, 10:55 AM
i really wonder who the 5 votes from snyder are from????? haha...they shouldnt even be on the list you really don't like snyder huh?

mustang04
06-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
you really don't like snyder huh?
no...i think they are a top ten team....but c'mon, a #1????? there alot of teams that shouldnt even be able to be voted for

i like snyder...well, the girls at least:D

DDBooger
06-28-2007, 11:00 AM
no...i think they are a top ten team....but c'mon, a #1????? there alot of teams that shouldnt even be able to be voted for

i like snyder...well, the girls at least:D yeah I just noticed you are raggin em pretty bad. don't mean squirt to me, just thought there was something there! now how are the girls ranked?:D

DaHop72
06-28-2007, 11:04 AM
i already stood corrected on that.....so let me rephrase.....when has Snyder EVER won a semifinal game.......NEVER:D :D :thumbsup:
I saw that but I had already posted, besides you wouldn't have expected me to let that go without a comment, now would you???:devil:

mustang04
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
now how are the girls ranked?:D

4th

behind

1)Abilene Wylie
2)Wall----i know they are 2a
3) Southlake Carrol---i know...5a

and then 4) snyder...well used to, i dunno how they are now

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2007, 12:04 PM
They also said the same thing about Casey, Matt, and that other guy.
Yep! :)

Snydertigersrul
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
yep...those are all homer votes

Could you be upset because your Mustangs are not ranked this year?

mustang04
06-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Could you be upset because your Mustangs are not ranked this year?

not really...i could honestly care less

charlesrixey
06-28-2007, 03:03 PM
not really...i could honestly care less

i think you are less upset than STR is for thinking the tigers should be #2 and nobody else thinks so!;)

mustang04
06-28-2007, 03:10 PM
i think you are less upset than STR is for thinking the tigers should be #2 and nobody else thinks so!;)

haha...this is true

Phantom Stang
06-28-2007, 10:35 PM
They say "tradition never graduates", so my vote goes to Celina. Having said that I do feel Liberty Hill can end up having another great season, depending on if they can rebound from their wake up call in week 0. :evillol:

Go Cadets!!:D

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Having said that I do feel Liberty Hill can end up having another great season, depending on if they can rebound from their wake up call in week 0. :evillol:

Go Cadets!!:D :tongue: :tongue: :p :D

Snydertigersrul
07-05-2007, 08:41 PM
:thinking:

JR2004
07-06-2007, 12:39 AM
I like what other has returning so I'm going with them.

charlesrixey
07-06-2007, 04:38 PM
interesting that the top 3 in this poll exactly match my top 3?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
interesting that the top 3 in this poll exactly match my top 3?:thinking:
You had other in your top 3? :confused: :p

charlesrixey
07-06-2007, 05:38 PM
You had other in your top 3? :confused: :p

:evillol:

of course; it's the easy way to keep everyone happy!