PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Sealy Part Deux

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 01:20 AM
Well La Grange lost the first one on a fumble in the endzone 24-20. Will the Leps put it all together and defeat the Sealy Tigers this time? The Tigers got mauled tonight by Bellville and will be spoiling for a fight. This will be an excellent first round match between two fine football teams. I think the Leps will win this rematch but it will be close. :cool:

lepfan
11-08-2003, 01:23 AM
They will need to be focused early on...Go Leps...look pud you are at 999th post

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 01:28 AM
lepfan:
They will need to be focused early on...Go Leps...look pud you are at 999th post1000 Posts! Leps, it is not often a team gets a second chance, so take advantage of it and set things straight by beating Andrus and Company, AKA Sealy. The game starts now so get ready to RUMMMMBLLLLE!!!! :D

IBRINGTHEHAT
11-08-2003, 01:40 AM
hey pud, where will this game be at?

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 01:45 AM
IBRINGTHEHAT:
hey pud, where will this game be at?Good question. Maybe Columbus?

IBRINGTHEHAT
11-08-2003, 01:46 AM
When you find out pud, would you mind letting me know?

lepfan
11-08-2003, 01:53 AM
Columbus is what I heard it would more that likely be...but then that is just HEARSAY>>>>>

Big Cheese
11-08-2003, 01:54 AM
hallettsville was trying to get the game there. they have been talking to lagrange they have a great place to hold a game.

lepfan
11-08-2003, 01:57 AM
I had heard it was to be in Halletsville, but if we played Sealy it could be changed...possibly to Columbus...I guess we will have to wait for the official announcement to come out, huh...

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 02:01 AM
Well Columbus is small especially on the visitors side. Halletsville has a good stadium, only a year old with plenty of seats so I vote for Halletsville. :)

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

lepfan
11-08-2003, 02:02 AM
same here Pud...didn't we play there first round last year?

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Yeah, beat Columbus 10-0 in a big defensive battle.

venomous tat2
11-08-2003, 04:02 AM
say pud most coaches flipped tonite or will do it in the morning. it's very hard to beat a team two times in the same season. sealy's D is a whole lot better now than it was when L G played them last time. and just so you know it bellville didn't pull away untill late in the 4TH qtr the score was 14 to 7 bv this was the best game of the nite.I was there and it was aclassic match up. games like this get you ready for the playoffs.the score was 27 to 7 but BV had to earn it sealy made them play.sealy won't face a team like bellville nor will bellville face a team like sealy, navasota won't face a team like BV or sealy for a while. ROLL on 23AAA.

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 08:11 AM
venomous tat2:
say pud most coaches flipped tonite or will do it in the morning. it's very hard to beat a team two times in the same season. sealy's D is a whole lot better now than it was when L G played them last time. and just so you know it bellville didn't pull away untill late in the 4TH qtr the score was 14 to 7 bv this was the best game of the nite.I was there and it was aclassic match up. games like this get you ready for the playoffs.the score was 27 to 7 but BV had to earn it sealy made them play.sealy won't face a team like bellville nor will bellville face a team like sealy, navasota won't face a team like BV or sealy for a while. ROLL on 23AAA.Congrats on Navasota's win over Columbus but watch out for Manor. The Mustands D is really a good one and they have an explosive and fast offense. As for beating a team twice I agree. LG lost to Sealy by 4, and had to give up a fumble in their own endzone to do so. The Leps are also better now than in September. I think the difference will be in the balanced Lep offense. Before, they really didn't take advantage of the passing game like they should have against Sealy. Sealy stacked up the box and made life difficult for the run. If they try that next week Anderle will pick their secondary apart. LG has one of the best passing games in the Region now and will use it just as did Bellville to befuddle the Sealy D. My biggest concern is stopping Andrus, especially over the middle. The Leps have worked in #64 Hickle @ 280 and # 70 Stiffler @ 250 as DTs lately to stop the run and it has worked. I expect to see both those big guys rumble in on third down situations against the Sealy run. Another huge factor is the return of All District strong safety Sam Gunn who was been out since Elgin with a dislocated shoulder. He will be a real shot in the arm for the Lep D. I am confident this time the Leps will win.

La Grange 27
Sealy 17

Manor 31
Navasota 27

:D

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

fullhouse
11-08-2003, 08:31 AM
I'm thinking it may be Halletsville too ~ our coaches are heading there to look at the field this morning.

the tigers are back
11-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Hey pud! i don't what you ar thinking about you say ya'll lost a fumble in the redzone so you think that would have made a differnce.So what about with a minute in a half left to go in the game we fumbled the ball and ya'll returned for a td.The score should have been 38 to 14,because andrus was at the 20 yd line or so when he was going around the left side; when he cramped up and there was nobody on the back side.Hey let me tell you this you say you'll gonna win that's good you are thinking that so are we.Hey just remember this our center didn't play last night neither did big rick.I'm so glad that we didn't play them so now i think that we will have all of monsters ready to play this coming up week.God bless us all on a injurie free game. wink :D

the tigers are back
11-08-2003, 09:10 AM
I see pudlugger you say we got mauled by the brahmas how do you figure that,because i don't see it,because they worked hard for that win.I really beleive when we failed to tie the game up our offense just felt like they couldn't get back in it.I think if you was there you would have a different outlook on the game,but tell me how in the heck you'll lose to a team like giddings. :mad: :D

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 09:14 AM
the tigers are back:
I see pudlugger you say we got mauled by the brahmas how do you figure that,because i don't see it,because they worked hard for that win.I really beleive when we failed to tie the game up our offense just felt like they couldn't get back in it.I think if you was there you would have a different outlook on the game,but tell me how in the heck you'll lose to a team like giddings. :mad: :D I'm just giving you my viewpoint. Of course you disagree. We will both find out next Friday who was right and who was wrong. Be good in the meantime and hope for a clean game with no injuries! :D

lepfan
11-08-2003, 09:45 AM
When will McKenzie return?

the tigers are back
11-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Hey pud i'm not trying to prove who is right or wrong,but i just hope we can bounce back and take care business like i know we can.I really didn't wanna fall into this lower bracket,because it's a tough road with marlin,newton,liberty and not last,but least the leps are up for this one.I jus t don't thinke the leps can hang in with us if we can get those big o-line to make room for our running-backs to score. wink

BrahmaMom
11-08-2003, 10:16 AM
BIG O-line! Scared me!

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 10:21 AM
the tigers are back:
Hey pud i'm not trying to prove who is right or wrong,but i just hope we can bounce back and take care business like i know we can.I really didn't wanna fall into this lower bracket,because it's a tough road with marlin,newton,liberty and not last,but least the leps are up for this one.I jus t don't thinke the leps can hang in with us if we can get those big o-line to make room for our running-backs to score. wink Yeah Sealy's O line is very strong. Hopefully our coaches have given some thought as to how to counter that threat. :D

fullhouse
11-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Hopefully that flu bug is thru with us now ~ we had four of them down with it this week. Now if we can get Rick and Rob both back out there too, we can get it going in time for the playoffs. Go Tigers!

Tiger Turtle
11-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Bellville has a very good team, especially on offense with the passing game. Not many 3A teams have that type of aerial game, so you run into a lot of teams in the playoffs that have never faced one as good as Bellville has. That tends to take you a long way in the playoffs. Sealy had the ball on their 29 with 9:35 left in the game trailing 14 - 7. They had a chance to put together a drive and win, but they shot themselves in the foot with a fumble, a sack, and a short punt which gave Bellville a short field for the clinching score. Anybody that beats Bellville will have to avoid the mistakes Sealy made. Good luck to Bellville and Navasota in the playoffs.

fullhouse
11-08-2003, 01:53 PM
The game will be played in LaGrange.

fullhouse
11-08-2003, 01:56 PM
I agree TTurtle ~ they have so many weapons on offense. I wasn't expecting thier defense to be equally as tough. Those Bulls can play some football! Come on Tigers ~ let's bounce back and GET AFTER IT this week!

the tigers are back
11-09-2003, 01:13 AM
I really beleive that the tigers can bounce back and hopefully we can keep going and we can rematch with the bulls again.Hey let's go coaching staff of the tigers it's gonna take all we got to take it to another level.I can say this much that Mr.Mark Falydn and his staff will find away once again to take lagrange out. :D :)

Pudlugger
11-09-2003, 10:02 AM
the tigers are back:
I really beleive that the tigers can bounce back and hopefully we can keep going and we can rematch with the bulls again.Hey let's go coaching staff of the tigers it's gonna take all we got to take it to another level.I can say this much that Mr.Mark Falydn and his staff will find away once again to take lagrange out. :D :) Not this time. Not in the playoffs in our house. This game will go to La Grange. The Leps are totally focused on Sealy. Meanwhile the Tigers are dreaming about a rematch with Bellville. Well, they are going to have to beat us first and I don't see that happening. :mad:

Bongo
11-09-2003, 11:05 AM
TTAB, don't worry, Sealy did not get mauled by Bellville. This game could have gone either way. The late scores by Bellville added points and stats, but belive me, we Bellville fans were mighty tense until about the middle of the 4th quarter.

Sealy has a strong O and D line. Sealy will give any run-dominated offense a tough game.

I pick Bellville, Sealy, and Navasota to win in the first round.

Pudlugger
11-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Bongo:
TTAB, don't worry, Sealy did not get mauled by Bellville. This game could have gone either way. The late scores by Bellville added points and stats, but belive me, we Bellville fans were mighty tense until about the middle of the 4th quarter.

Sealy has a strong O and D line. Sealy will give any run-dominated offense a tough game.

I pick Bellville, Sealy, and Navasota to win in the first round.This shows how little you know about the La Grange offense. Anderle has the best passing stats in D24. The Lep receivers will give Sealy all they can handle. Believe me the Leps will throw on Sealy to break the game open just like the Bulls did in the 4th last Friday. I think Sealy expects to just roll over the Leps, but that will not happen. :mad:

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Bongo
11-09-2003, 10:40 PM
No Pub, I don't know a lot about the Leps. Tell me, how good are "the best passing stats in D24"?

I'm not trying to slight the Leps, just think the team that owns the line of scrimmage will have the best opportunity to win. Sealy has good line play, so I'm picking Sealy. Good luck to both teams.

Pudlugger
11-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Bongo:
No Pub, I don't know a lot about the Leps. Tell me, how good are "the best passing stats in D24"?

I'm not trying to slight the Leps, just think the team that owns the line of scrimmage will have the best opportunity to win. Sealy has good line play, so I'm picking Sealy. Good luck to both teams.Against Manor the Mustang D stacked the box to shut down the run. When they did that Anderle burned them time after time completeing 14 of 17 passes for over 250 yards, 2 TDs, no interceptions. What I'm saying is the Leps are not just a "running team". Sealy is pretty much just a running team. If you shut down Andrus they are done. Granted their O line is impressive and our defense will have to make some critical adjustments in my opinion if they hope to achieve that in the game Friday. I think they will make the adjustments and will force Andrus to go wide. If Sealy tries to run wide the Lep D will stop him, they are too fast and too well coached for Sealy to be successful on the outside. If they stop Andrus over the middle, and they will have to make the stop on the first contact, they will deny Sealy ball control . On offense you need to know that the LG O line is also very good, perhaps the best in D24, and have dominated the line of scrimmage in every game since the Sealy game (after which they made some important adjustments in the lineup). The Leps will move the chains Friday. :)

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Footballfan25
11-10-2003, 12:03 AM
I think LG will have trouble moving the ball on the Sealy Defense. They are very fast. #15 is alot better passer than most people realize and a very good athlete. I see a clean sweep of D24 by D23.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-10-2003, 01:43 AM
Bellville did not play near to full potential against Sealy

Pudlugger
11-10-2003, 09:49 AM
reptard7isCRAZY:
Bellville did not play near to full potential against SealyYou think Bellville went into a district championship game 9-0 against an 8-1 team that is their cross county rival and just phoned it in? Pleeez!!! If Bellville didn't play well give some credit to Sealy. I really love it when fans make these ridiculous statements. Of course Bellville played as hard as they could and so did Sealy. Have they had better wins? Sure, but they were not playing for District either. :rolleyes: