PDA

View Full Version : my legs, sun, hurt, badly...

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 07:31 AM
ouch man... had a little break in the weather yesterday so I went down to Indianola and rented me a Yak so I could go hunt down some redfish... it was still cloudy, sun only came out every now and then (and did it's damage)... got poured down on once and man it felt good... no fish, and didn't see the five foot gator that some guys hooked last weekend in the kayak fishing tournament... first time ever in a Yak but damn my legs are in pain this morning...

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6748/1yak1qr7.jpg

burnet44
06-26-2007, 08:29 AM
sunscreen SPF 50
and
another reason I wear long sleeves

aloe vera

3x a day

Rabbit'93
06-26-2007, 08:34 AM
My mom tells me to soak in vinegar. I think it works.

No Show Jones
06-26-2007, 08:34 AM
I suggest using a Hemp moistorizer.

mustang04
06-26-2007, 08:35 AM
or you could just not be a titty-baby about it.....

:D :D :D

AP Panther Fan
06-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I see your feet, but no crocs.;)

My shoulders always hurt rather than my legs. Dark green boats are more likely to be run over by motor boats...so BE CAREFUL. I think I would be thanking my lucky stars that I didn't see the 5' gator.:D

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
yah, they only have two yaks there for rent and they're both green, but I wore my orange CCA hat so hopefully they'd see me... only saw three boats out all day... everybody was most-likely waiting out the storms at their beach houses or fishing a 5 miles up coast in Port O'Conner... the bay was actually calmer, this was in a place they call Powderhorn lake... thought about paddlin' up to POC, but being my first time out I stay close to civilization...

If I knew the sun would be out more I woulda wore my fishin' pants/shorts, but oh well...

Rabbit'93
06-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Gobbla...give me some insight to Port O Conner. We're heading down there in August.

We want to take a fishing trip one day. Do you know any good guides? We're a bunch of DFWers and have limited knowledge of the gulf.

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Gobbla...give me some insight to Port O Conner. We're heading down there in August.

We want to take a fishing trip one day. Do you know any good guides? We're a bunch of DFWers and have limited knowledge of the gulf.

I'll look into it... there are some really good ones, but heard of some you want to stay away from...

the big deal is knowing what kind of fishing you want to do...

you wanna do live bait? artificial bait? strictly from boat or do you want to wade also? little bit of both? leave it up to the captain?

I've heard horror stories of people who book a trip with a guide at random and they just ended up soaking bait all day when they wanted to do artificials...

just get down what you wanna do and I'll try and ask around...

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'll look into it... there are some really good ones, but heard of some you want to stay away from...

the big deal is knowing what kind of fishing you want to do...

you wanna do live bait? artificial bait? strictly from boat or do you want to wade also? little bit of both? leave it up to the captain?

I've heard horror stories of people who book a trip with a guide at random and they just ended up soaking bait all day when they wanted to do artificials...

just get down what you wanna do and I'll try and ask around...

also, are you wanting to go offshore or stay inland for reds and trout?

if reds, you want the big big big ones or just your slot 20-28 and possible 30 inchers?

that can give the guide better info on where you wanna fish... if you want a monster red or two he'll know ahead of time to take you out to the 2nd jetties... but if you wanna catch decent sized reds all day he could have his game-plan down...

it's better if you let the guide know ahead of time what you want thatta way things go as well as they can from your captain's end of the bargain, the rest is up to the fish...

pirate4state
06-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
ouch man... had a little break in the weather yesterday so I went down to Indianola and rented me a Yak so I could go hunt down some redfish... it was still cloudy, sun only came out every now and then (and did it's damage)... got poured down on once and man it felt good... no fish, and didn't see the five foot gator that some guys hooked last weekend in the kayak fishing tournament... first time ever in a Yak but damn my legs are in pain this morning...

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6748/1yak1qr7.jpg

Okay, so were are the pics of the sunburn?? Aloe Vera is your friend.

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 09:05 AM
I have some ocean potion I put on 'em... no pictures of big burn yet...

Ranger Mom
06-26-2007, 09:14 AM
I feel for you! It's only been about 4 days that I finally stopped peeling after being burned about 3 weeks ago!!

Old Green
06-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

We want to take a fishing trip one day. Do you know any good guides? We're a bunch of DFWers and have limited knowledge of the gulf. I know a great fishing quide out of Refugio. Reasonalbe price and I guarantee you he'll put you on some fish. Only problem is , he fishes the Rockport area Bay's.

pooch
06-26-2007, 10:23 AM
morning's first urine?

44INAROW
06-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by pooch
morning's first urine?

that reminds me of a story........ I better not "go there" though .......

Ranger Mom
06-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that reminds me of a story........ I better not "go there" though .......

Please do!!:p

pirate4state
06-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that reminds me of a story........ I better not "go there" though ....... you can't just start that and not finish - c'mon now!