PDA

View Full Version : Thank God, Rosie will not host show

kaorder1999
06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Rosie says she won't replace Bob Barker

NEW YORK - Rosie O'Donnell says she's out of the running to replace Bob Barker as host of "The Price Is Right." O'Donnell, a superfan of the CBS game show, said on her blog Friday that she had a "nice lunch" with the show's producers.

Barker, 83, retired earlier this month after 35 years with the show, which is filmed in Los Angeles.

Although O'Donnell has said she would love to fill Barker's shoes, the 45-year-old comedian has changed her mind.

"Well, here's the thing: I don't really need a job," O'Donnell says in a video posted Sunday on her Web site. "I'm in a weird position. I don't need the money."

"So to get my entire family uprooted from their lives and move them across the country so that I can have a fantasy childhood indulgence, you know, job ... it just doesn't seem fair."

O'Donnell lives in Nyack, N.Y., near New York City, with her partner, Kelli, and their four children. She recently left ABC's "The View" after a heated on-air squabble with co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

"You know, if they were able to do it in New York, it would be a different story," O'Donnell says. "But it looks like it's — ain't gonna happen."

Barker told reporters at the Daytime Emmy Awards he had "no doubt" that O'Donnell would make a fine host for the show.

But Barker told The Associated Press last week he never meant to endorse any potential host and has no role in choosing his replacement.

"The Price Is Right" is on hiatus until the new season starts in the fall.

kaorder1999
06-25-2007, 07:02 PM
im thinking the network said HELL NO to the possibility of her hosting the show.

No Show Jones
06-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
im thinking the network said HELL NO to the possibility of her hosting the show. Most likely and thank God!

Buccaneer
06-25-2007, 07:07 PM
im thinking the network said HELL NO to the possibility of her hosting the show.
They offered her the job and she turned them down!

kaorder1999
06-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
They offered her the job and she turned them down! has it been confirmed that she was offered the job? I havent seen it anywhere though it might have been out... This article just says that she had a nice lunch with them

zebrablue2
06-25-2007, 07:17 PM
has it been confirmed that she was offered the job? I havent seen it anywhere though it might have been out... This article just says that she had a nice lunch with them

They had lunch,which i am sure rosie paid for, and then told her,
thanks, but no thanks..

kaorder1999
06-25-2007, 07:21 PM
i know they have reported that rosie began immediately contacting the network trying to set get that job. Im guessing that she went after it and they told her no. My guess is Bob wanted her to get the job so she failed and it made his career look even better!!! HAHA

JR2004
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Thank goodness that fat cow won't be hosting the best game show of all-time.

Bull Butter
06-25-2007, 08:38 PM
No way CBS would hire her. They don't want a large segment of the population refusing to watch simply because she's hosting

Bull Butter
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
They had lunch,which i am sure rosie paid for, and then told her,
thanks, but no thanks..

I certainly hope Rosie paid for it, otherwise that would drive CBS into bankruptcy:p

Diocletian
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
and we don't have to see Rosi feeling up all the female come-on-downers

LMAO

burnet44
06-25-2007, 09:51 PM
even bad pub is pub
Rosie will take up Paris slack for a while
there is dead air in the newsroom
gotta find something to report

and yes
thank God she aint

kaorder1999
06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I certainly hope Rosie paid for it, otherwise that would drive CBS into bankruptcy:p

:clap:

SintonFan
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Rosie says she won't replace Bob Barker

NEW YORK - Rosie O'Donnell says she's out of the running to replace Bob Barker as host of "The Price Is Right." O'Donnell, a superfan of the CBS game show, said on her blog Friday that she had a "nice lunch" with the show's producers.

Barker, 83, retired earlier this month after 35 years with the show, which is filmed in Los Angeles.

Although O'Donnell has said she would love to fill Barker's shoes, the 45-year-old comedian has changed her mind.

"Well, here's the thing: I don't really need a job," O'Donnell says in a video posted Sunday on her Web site. "I'm in a weird position. I don't need the money."

"So to get my entire family uprooted from their lives and move them across the country so that I can have a fantasy childhood indulgence, you know, job ... it just doesn't seem fair."

O'Donnell lives in Nyack, N.Y., near New York City, with her partner, Kelli, and their four children. She recently left ABC's "The View" after a heated on-air squabble with co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

"You know, if they were able to do it in New York, it would be a different story," O'Donnell says. "But it looks like it's — ain't gonna happen."

Barker told reporters at the Daytime Emmy Awards he had "no doubt" that O'Donnell would make a fine host for the show.

But Barker told The Associated Press last week he never meant to endorse any potential host and has no role in choosing his replacement.

"The Price Is Right" is on hiatus until the new season starts in the fall.
Anyone else thinking about that famous line from "Happy Gilmore" when Happy fights Bob?
The Price is wrong &i%@#!!!:clap: :inlove:

luvhoops34
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
I have never like The Price is Right. In fact, I despise it.:mad:

So putting Rosie on there wouldn't matter one bit. I still wouldn't watch it.

She's a skank and noway would NBC hire her. :eek:

GreenMonster
06-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Rumor has it that Pat Sajack is leaving Wheel of Fortune to take this job. The rumor also includes Vanna White joining him in an attempt to take over the entire game show segment. Look out Alex Trebeck, you're NEXT!!!!!