PDA

View Full Version : WWE faking another death

Highschoolfan78
06-25-2007, 05:11 PM
On their site they are saying Canadian Crippler Chris Benoit and his family have died. Faking or not? I can't find a news story anywhere else...

Keith7
06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
wikipedia says its true.. :(

Bull Butter
06-25-2007, 05:20 PM
I'll wait until I hear it from a more credible source than WWE & Wikipedia

Highschoolfan78
06-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Well if it is Vince Mcnugget, he's gone a little too far.

Txbroadcaster
06-25-2007, 05:28 PM
This sounds pretty legit..if this is a ruse it is going WAY overboard

TMer25
06-25-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't think they would say his family was found dead as well if it was just a storyline.

Bull Butter
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
According to the only other website that reports this story, Pro Wrestling Insider, Benoit and his wife were found dead inside their Atlanta home.

Funny thing, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution makes no mention of this on their website:confused:

Highschoolfan78
06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
I don't think they would say his family was found dead as well if it was just a storyline.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... If anyone can find an article please post it!

setxsports
06-25-2007, 05:39 PM
www.wwe.com

Highschoolfan78
06-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by **********
www.wwe.com

ehh let's make it a legit article

Maroon87
06-25-2007, 05:43 PM
I think Raw is in Corpus Christi tonight...:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
06-25-2007, 05:48 PM
i dont watch wrestling but my father in law was at my house and he was watching it last week and it showed Vince Mcnugget(:) ) getting blownup when he got in his limo. Was that Fake?

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Wait.....I thought the thingy tonight was supposed to be a tribute to McWhathisface....this says Benoit. :confused: (Or maybe it's another show.....)

:foul: :foul: Maybe they need the ratings and are trying to draw in poor saps like me.

setxsports
06-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Raw is on USA from 7-10 tonight

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Raw is on USA from 7-10 tonight
Okay, that's what I was thinking I had seen. Thought the commercials said there was a tribute to McMahon (and the federal "investigator" would continue.....).

TMer25
06-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Okay, that's what I was thinking I had seen. Thought the commercials said there was a tribute to McMahon (and the federal "investigator" would continue.....).

It was originally supposed to further that storyline along, but now it has become a tribute show to Chris Benoit and his family.

ILS1
06-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
It was originally supposed to further that storyline along, but now it has become a tribute show to Chris Benoit and his family.

I wonder if Vince McMahon will be @ the tribute show because that would totally blow their Vince 'death investigation' story line.

:D :D :eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
06-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I wonder if Vince McMahon will be @ the tribute show because that would totally blow their Vince 'death investigation' story line.

If this is real it trumps any storyline

Buccaneer
06-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I think Raw is in Corpus Christi tonight...:thinking:

It has been canceled.

TexasHSFootball
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
If this is a work, it's the most tasteless thing WWE has ever pulled

No Show Jones
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
WWE News: Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and son Daniel found dead
By Pat McNeill, Torch Columnist
Jun 25, 2007, 17:19
Email This Article - Printer Friendly Page - Back to Main Listing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and his son Daniel were found dead today in their Atlanta home.

WWE.com reported the story moments ago on their website. Benoit, 40, missed a Saturday night house show and last night's pay-per-view in order to return home to Atlanta.

PWTorch.com can confirm through sources that Benoit's death is real and not part of a worked WWE storyline.

WWE has announced plans to scrap tonight's scheduled "Vince McMahon memorial" storyline on WWE Raw, and will address Benoit's death on the program.

No further details are available at this time.

TMer25
06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
TNA Wrestling now has it up on their website. I think it's safe to say it's real.

Bull Butter
06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
WSB-TV in Atlanta and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution now reporting Benoit's death

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13567642/detail.html

thewyliefan
06-25-2007, 07:05 PM
looks like its true....its all over the tv now

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Anyone know what that song they played at the first is?

thewyliefan
06-25-2007, 07:25 PM
finger 11 sings it...not sure of the name

DDBooger
06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
paralyzer

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
finger 11 sings it...not sure of the name
Thanks! I found it and the song is "One Thing".

Gobbler Fan
06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

Even the WWE has limit's ...sad about Chris Benoit .

:(

DDBooger
06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
vince mcmahon just went live from corpus christi!

setxsports
06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, wife, son found dead in Georgia

Associated Press

TOOLS
Email Get section feed
Print Subscribe NOW
Comments Recommend
FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. — WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead today and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

KTA
06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I seen that, glad to see he actully does have some morals to stop the story line of "his death" and address the public like the way he did. I wonder if they will pick up where they left with Vince's death?

Antec
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

Antec
06-25-2007, 08:15 PM
http://www.caller.com/news/2007/jun/25/wwe-cancels-show-american-bank-center/

KTA
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2916498

Diocletian
06-25-2007, 08:41 PM
well it aint on CNN.com yet... then i'll believe it

honestly how hard is it to fool the cc caller times

No Show Jones
06-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

honestly how hard is it to fool the cc caller times I'm 110% sure it's true. WWE would not cancel it's entire show and do a memorial to the guy. Plus the WWE does not bring in actual family members into their plot line.

JHS_c/o_06'
06-25-2007, 08:52 PM
any idea what happened to him.....the only thing i can think of besides them being murdered or God for bid a murder suicide would be something like carbon monoxide poisoning. It's a shame too. I havne't watch wrestling in a long time but i always enjoyed watching his matches when i did (back in the WCW days.... i never really watched when they got bought out). God bless man. RIP.

Diocletian
06-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I guess we'll just have to see this one out

damn shame if he is dead though this guy was the most intense fake wrestler in my opinion, he did his job very well and would not deserve a death like this

it's reported as a homicide so far, we'll see what they find i guess..

mwynn05
06-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I guess we'll just have to see this one out

damn shame if he is dead though this guy was the most intense fake wrestler in my opinion, he did his job very well and would not deserve a death like this

it's reported as a homicide so far, we'll see what they find i guess.. if he is dead? its obvious he really is...put it on USA and look at the emotion coming out of some of these guys

Diocletian
06-25-2007, 09:13 PM
just saw vince in the middle of Amer Bank Center so yea if he's willing to lose all those hard spent promtion dollars on faking his own death by coming out live it has to be true

they will make it up all on this tribute show i bet, once the buzz hits everyone will be watching it......my eye is glued to the screen already watching it

charlesrixey
06-25-2007, 09:21 PM
:dispntd: :(

Antec
06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Proves these guys have feelings too and can share it to the millions of persons watching.

They are not really that much different than we are

They are entertainer-athletes and giving fans excitement.

Seems there are a few too many wrestlers who have died over the past 3-4 years.

Its a hard life traveling all over the country for 52 weeks a year.

They are away from their families

thewyliefan
06-25-2007, 09:43 PM
i havnt watched wrestling in years....but i remember watching him when i was only like 6 or 7 when he was with the WCW promotion back in like '95 or '96. doesnt seem all that long ago.

Emerson1
06-25-2007, 10:03 PM
:( Going to be hard watching it live next week.

They didn't even have a show tonight, they turned away all the fans at the door.

No Show Jones
06-25-2007, 10:05 PM
I remember when Owen Hart died on practice and they let the show go on. Odd they would turn away fans like that but it just goes to show that Chris is a legend. Wasn't he apart of the 4 horsemen in WCW?

Emerson1
06-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Owen Hart died during a PPV.

mwynn05
06-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by No Show Jones
I remember when Owen Hart died on practice and they let the show go on. Odd they would turn away fans like that but it just goes to show that Chris is a legend. Wasn't he apart of the 4 horsemen in WCW? Owen died DURING a PPV

Snydertigersrul
06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I remember when Owen Hart died on practice and they let the show go on. Odd they would turn away fans like that but it just goes to show that Chris is a legend. Wasn't he apart of the 4 horsemen in WCW?

Yes he was.

Emerson1
06-25-2007, 10:15 PM
ABC News is reporting that Benoit killed his wife, then his son, them himself. Wonder how they figured that out.

kaorder1999
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
ABC News is reporting that Benoit killed his wife, then his son, them himself. Wonder how they figured that out.
forensics will tell them...the police that is...not ABC

kaorder1999
06-25-2007, 10:18 PM

if that is the case then i hope they have a tribute to his family....i sure as hell wouldn't keep honoring him! I guess thats not fair to say because they dont know that for sure yet!

Emerson1
06-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I have been reading the police are investigating it as a homicide.

WOSgrad
06-25-2007, 10:24 PM

honestly how hard is it to fool the cc caller times

Here ya go:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/06/25/wrestler.dead.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

setxsports
06-25-2007, 10:31 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

May be looked at as Murder/Suicide

Highschoolfan78
06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Hard to believe he would do such a thing.. But nothing is marked out these days... Is it so unrealistic that the wife would maybe do it?

kaorder1999
06-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Hard to believe he would do such a thing.. But nothing is marked out these days... Is it so unrealistic that the wife would maybe do it?
they (investigators) would have a pretty good idea initially of who did it from forensics but they wouldn't reveal any of that info during an open ivestigation

Diocletian
06-25-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm sure we'll get know what happened in a couple days after the autopsy

setxsports
06-25-2007, 11:17 PM
6/25/2007 11:47:00 PM

Another update on Benoit murder/suicide

by Dave Meltzer

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the lving room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig t an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

Bull Butter
06-25-2007, 11:45 PM
It has been stated that no gunshots were fired. So horrible to think how this might have transpired:(

setxsports
06-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Poisoning! I could be wrong though. Word is his Wife liked to mess around.

eagles_victory
06-26-2007, 12:26 AM
i would be shocked if he actually did this that would just be horrible if that was the case and i hate that the wwe would honor him if he did this

Highschoolfan78
06-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i would be shocked if he actually did this that would just be horrible if that was the case and i hate that the wwe would honor him if he did this

When they honored him tonight, investigations were still going on. If he did do it, I think the honoring should end for sure. One thing for sure is that a whole family was wiped out today and the loved ones surrounding them have to grasp that concept. I do pray for the extended family and friends of the Benoit family. I am thoroughly glad they dropped the Vince McMahon dead angle. I wish they would have last week when former WWE manager Sherri Martel died.

setxsports
06-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Gut says his wife may have been cheating or wanted to leave him.

Written: June 25, 2007

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

eagles_victory
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Gut says his wife may have been cheating or wanted to leave him.

Written: June 25, 2007

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time. as much as i hate to say it im not totally shocked

Bull Butter
06-26-2007, 02:15 AM
What's really sad here is that whatever problems between Chris & his wife may have led to this is that an innocent 7 year old child's life was taken in the process:(

3afan
06-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
What's really sad here is that whatever problems between Chris & his wife may have led to this is that an innocent 7 year old child's life was taken in the process:(

really .... the WWE should have held off the 3 hour tribute until more details were known ..... the family deserved a tribute, not the double murderer

TexasHSFootball
06-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
really .... the WWE should have held off the 3 hour tribute until more details were known ..... the family deserved a tribute, not the double murderer
and let the Vince "death" angle continue.. uh.. or let the actual death tie into or become part of a fake death storyline or watch Vince get booed off the stage or the fans boo the actual death or cancel three hours of air time with no regard and run different stuff ignoring it... :thinking:

the investigation was ongoing as they were on air.. they made the right move for what was known at the time. and furthermore it was classy of Vince to show up on WWE TV calling off the idiotic and pathetic storyline faking his death.

they had what 2-3 hours notice with this thing? Emotion and timing played a big role in the direction of it.

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
it was classy of Vince to show up on WWE TV calling off the idiotic and pathetic storyline faking his death.

JMO, but I hope he feels like a complete jerk after that storyline.

3afan
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
the investigation was ongoing as they were on air.. they made the right move for what was known at the time. and furthermore it was classy of Vince to show up on WWE TV calling off the idiotic and pathetic storyline faking his death.

they had what 2-3 hours notice with this thing? Emotion and timing played a big role in the direction of it.

well, can't argue with that .....

Chopblock
06-26-2007, 09:22 AM
In my earlier days of life, I trained in Dallas to become a Pro Wrestler. Due to back problems, I couldn't continue. I have kept in contact over the years with 2 of the stars of WWE
The pressures and constraints these
guys put on themselves are such sometimes that they snap
I have attended 3 funerals of guys I met through All Star Wrestling
Let us just remember this family in our prayers

eagles_victory
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
JMO, but I hope he feels like a complete jerk after that storyline. i disagree as the promoter of wwe it is his job to make storylines to make money and i really dont think there was that much wrong with it bc everyone knew it was fake i think he did the right thing ending it when Benoit died but he was just doing what he had to do to make the wwe succesful

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
i disagree as the promoter of wwe it is his job to make storylines to make money and i really dont think there was that much wrong with it bc everyone knew it was fake i think he did the right thing ending it when Benoit died but he was just doing what he had to do to make the wwe succesful
I know, people always say how fake it is and it's just a big soap opera, then get all pissed off because they killed of a character.

No Show Jones
06-26-2007, 10:07 AM
If he murdered his wife and kid I do not feel sorry for him and I will discredit the WWE for the memorial last night of a murderer.

CHS_CG
06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Even if its to make money.. its seems a little childish to me but then again maybe its bc I dont watch it. By reading what yall say it shouldnt have to come down to Vince Mcwhatever fakin his own death. If your ratings are that low.. just quit!

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 10:14 AM
What were they supposed to do? They show has to go on, it was not known at the time he might of been the murderer. I doubt anyone in the WWE would of even expected that.

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Even if its to make money.. its seems a little childish to me but then again maybe its bc I dont watch it. By reading what yall say it shouldnt have to come down to Vince Mcwhatever fakin his own death. If your ratings are that low.. just quit!
It's a TV show, it's no different then killing a character off lost or the OC or whatever show you like to watch.

pirate4state
06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
My cousin & his little boy had tickets to last night's show here in Corpus. His little boy was hyped up for this show. Poor little dude. :(

CHS_CG
06-26-2007, 10:23 AM
It's a TV show, it's no different then killing a character off lost or the OC or whatever show you like to watch.

I guess thats true

Chopblock
06-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I finally had enough of Vince McMahon on a Pay Per Veiw when he had his wife out in the ring acting like he was slapping her around. All I could think of was what this was telling young people that it was ok to hit a woman? NOT
We were really disappointed that night because my kids and I had spent some time that week with the Undertaker at his ranch south of Bastrop and they really wanted to see Mark wrestle
Vince is scum of the earth

AP Panther Fan
06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
My cousin & his little boy had tickets to last night's show here in Corpus. His little boy was hyped up for this show. Poor little dude. :(

I had some friends that were taking their kids too and got turned around at the door. Their son was very dissappointed. :(

I watched a portion of the tribute last night on television. Who was the older guy on the right of the screen doing some of the talking between highlights? His mouth/lips do not move when he talks...at all...really strange looking. I was thinking that either his jaw is wired shut or he should be a ventriloquist.

Very sad, sad situation.:dispntd: :(

setxsports
06-26-2007, 11:32 AM
PWTorch is reporting police think Benoit suffocated the wife and child, possibly at different times, then hanged himself.

Blastoderm55
06-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I had some friends that were taking their kids too and got turned around at the door. Their son was very dissappointed. :(

I watched a portion of the tribute last night on television. Who was the older guy on the right of the screen doing some of the talking between highlights? His mouth/lips do not move when he talks...at all...really strange looking. I was thinking that either his jaw is wired shut or he should be a ventriloquist.

Very sad, sad situation.:dispntd: :(

That's Jim Ross. He has Cerebral Palsy if I'm not mistaken.

AP Panther Fan
06-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

I am sorry to hear that and even sorrier that I unknowingly made the comment. :(

Txbroadcaster
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

Bell's Palsy

pirate4state
06-26-2007, 11:43 AM
PWTorch is reporting police think Benoit suffocated the wife and child, possibly at different times, then hanged himself. :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: that is just terrible :(

setxsports
06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
The WWE is now separating themselves from Chris Benoit. All merchandise has been pulled as have the tribute videos from the wrestlers.

WWE will just leave up the short mention that he is dead.

Benoit looks to be a murderer and the WWE wants no part of that.

eagles_victory
06-26-2007, 12:14 PM
ATLANTA -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said test results may not be back for weeks or even months.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before the three were found dead.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning." The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Highschoolfan78
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Well Vince should learn something about karma. While he's busy craving the dollar signs with his sick storylines, real life issues are arising. Judging from his caring personality in and out of the ring, no one really thought of Benoit as a killer after they first heard the news. Hence, the three hour special paid tribute to him. It's a sad situation, especially if steroids played a part. Vince will have to crack down some more and create more policies towards steroids. Too many of my childhood heroes are dead now

List included:
Hawk from Road Warriors
Kurt Hening "Mr. Perfect"
Bam Bam Biggalow
Owen Hart
Big Boss Man
Eddie Gurrerro
and now Benoit...

Crack down Vince so that children's hearts arent broken.

eagles_victory
06-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Well Vince should learn something about karma. While he's busy craving the dollar signs with his sick storylines, real life issues are arising. Judging from his caring personality in and out of the ring, no one really thought of Benoit as a killer after they first heard the news. Hence, the three hour special paid tribute to him. It's a sad situation, especially if steroids played a part. Vince will have to crack down some more and create more policies towards steroids. Too many of my childhood heroes are dead now

List included:
Hawk from Road Warriors
Bam Bam Biggalow
Owen Hart
Big Boss Man
Eddie Gurrerro
and now Benoit...

Crack down Vince so that children's hearts arent broken. you cant blame vince for all these deaths that is ridiculous

setxsports
06-26-2007, 12:57 PM
you cant blame vince for all these deaths that is ridiculous I agree!

Highschoolfan78
06-26-2007, 12:59 PM
you cant blame vince for all these deaths that is ridiculous

I'm not blaming vince for their deaths, not by any means. He just needs harsher policies on steroids or anything else that harms or disturbs the lives of wrestlers. Not all of them died from steroids however.. maybe i shouldn't have named all of them. It's more like their lifestyles with wrestling had an effect on their death. I am mainly blaming Vince for the horrible storyline he had going.

Txbroadcaster
06-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm not blaming vince for their deaths, not by any means. He just needs harsher policies on steroids or anything else that harms or disturbs the lives of wrestlers. Not all of them died from steroids however.. maybe i shouldn't have named all of them. It's more like their lifestyles with wrestling had an effect on their death. I am mainly blaming Vince for the horrible storyline he had going.

IMO it was a stupid storyline.BUT it is no different that a soap opera faking a death of a character..That is in essence what Wrestling is a Male soap opera..We dont say a TV drama is being tacky with deaths of characters or faking deaths, so we should not hold up a Wrestling Promoter to a higher standard

Highschoolfan78
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
IMO it was a stupid storyline.BUT it is no different that a soap opera faking a death of a character..That is in essence what Wrestling is a Male soap opera..We dont say a TV drama is being tacky with deaths of characters or faking deaths, so we should not hold up a Wrestling Promoter to a higher standard

I think it differs a little because out of character he is still Vince Mcmahon. Real Soap Operas don't associate their acting with their personal lives.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 01:07 PM

List included:
Hawk from Road Warriors
Bam Bam Biggalow
Owen Hart
Big Boss Man
Eddie Gurrerro
and now Benoit...

Crack down Vince so that children's hearts arent broken. Crack down?...heros??...are you kidding me? ?? Why would anyone take a young child to see these Hulk-like men, fake fighting....for the VIOLENCE??? Then again, why do so many adult men crave it??? Say what you want, it's stupid...teaches VIOLENCE and promotes steroid use.
Wake up people!!!! Blah.......:hand: :(

setxsports
06-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Fox news said there will be a press conference at 2 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286737,00.html

Maroon87
06-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Crack down?...heros??...are you kidding me? ?? Why would anyone take a young child to see these Hulk-like men, fake fighting....for the VIOLENCE??? Then again, why do so many adult men crave it??? Say what you want, it's stupid...teaches VIOLENCE and promotes steroid use.

You could say the same thing about a lot of shows on TV these days, not just wrestling.

Highschoolfan78
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Crack down?...heros??...are you kidding me? ?? Why would anyone take a young child to see these Hulk-like men, fake fighting....for the VIOLENCE??? Then again, why do so many adult men crave it??? Say what you want, it's stupid...teaches VIOLENCE and promotes steroid use.

Trust me, regardless of the parent's view of wrestling, elementary age kids will find a way to watch. I worked with elementary age students and many of them would talk about it. In order to gain any ground in the social realm, the children try to link themselves to wrestling. They are oblivious to the real issues and view these guys as people fighting for real life issues. As stupid as its sounds, it's true.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 01:15 PM
You could say the same thing about a lot of shows on TV these days, not just wrestling. No, not really. And I was speaking about taking children to see it live. Like I said, if you are a true fan, you just won't get it...it's like talking to a 1 yr old....... :hand: :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-26-2007, 01:18 PM

Who are you to say that those men aren't heroes to some? Every person has the individual right to formulate their own ideas about people. Some wrestlers are great role models for children and some aren't, the same can be said about any adult in general. Football has violence, so does basketball. If I recall earlier in the playoffs a member of your beloved Spurs tried to injur another player, so don't go putting down one form of sports or entertainment to suit your own beliefs. Wrestling may be stupid to some, but for others it is entertainment. I don't watch wrestling anymore, but don't down a form of entertainment that people enjoy just because you don't like it. I've never heard of wrestling promoting steroid use, only people looking for an unfair and unhealthy edge to improve athletic performance and how they look. Wake up Yaya. :hand:

Maroon87
06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
No, not really. And I was speaking about taking children to see it live. Like I said, if you are a true fan, you just won't get it...it's like talking to a 1 yr old....... :hand: :rolleyes:

Nice answer.:rolleyes:

CHS_CG
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Who are you to say that those men aren't heroes to some? Every person has the individual right to formulate their own ideas about people. Some wrestlers are great role models for children and some aren't, the same can be said about any adult in general. Football has violence, so does basketball. If I recall earlier in the playoffs a member of your beloved Spurs tried to injur another player, so don't go putting down one form of sports or entertainment to suit your own beliefs. Wrestling may be stupid to some, but for others it is entertainment. I don't watch wrestling anymore, but don't down a form of entertainment that people enjoy just because you don't like it. I've never heard of wrestling promoting steroid use, only people looking for an unfair and unhealthy edge to improve athletic performance and how they look. Wake up Yaya. :hand:

dang good job gary!

pirate4state
06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
[COLOR=deeppink] Why would anyone take a young child to see these Hulk-like men, fake fighting....for the VIOLENCE???

Well, in the case of my cousin and his 7 year old son - because he can & it is HIS right! That is there father-son time. Not every man is a dead beat. My cousin, happens to be a wonderful father and I for one, love how much time he spends with his kid. It just so happens that one of their passions is wrestling. SO WHAT?? His son is an awesome individual, in spite of his love of wrestling.

You & your blanket statements.

:speech:

Txbroadcaster
06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I think it differs a little because out of character he is still Vince Mcmahon. Real Soap Operas don't associate their acting with their personal lives.

He is Vince in NAme only..people cant or dont want to seperate the person from the character, but it is still just that a character and in that regards Wrestling is a tv show, with story lines, characters and good and bad plots.

Highschoolfan78
06-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
He is Vince in NAme only..people cant or dont want to seperate the person from the character, but it is still just that a character and in that regards Wrestling is a tv show, with story lines, characters and good and bad plots.

Agreed, but it's harder for the targeted audience to really separate the two identities. But enough about that haha.. it looks wet in Oklahoma City

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Little kids don't know that it's fake. Football is just as violent to a kid as wrestling, it's a bunch of hulk-like men hitting each other. Same can be said for baseball, I bet more baseball players use steroids then wrestlers.

It's like saying why would you tell your kids about santa clause or the tooth fairy. They are fake to, and I don't see wrestlers sneaking into your kids bedrooms at night.

:rolleyes:
Get a clue blahblah

Maroon87
06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Press conference on FNC & CNN to begin any minute.

big daddy russ
06-26-2007, 02:07 PM
It's a guy thing. Just one of those differences between men and women. We actually live in one of the most passive societies in world history, everything just gets a lot more attention nowadays.

It's why guys love watching football, rugby, boxing, MMA, and all that other stuff so much more than women. It's something that we can't explain, and is tough for women (read: my fiance ;)) to understand

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Yaya, men can't understand why girls want to watch women and men cheat on each other (soap operas) either... it encourages divorces and morally wrong behavior that does not benefit this society... :p

pirate4state
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
It's like saying why would you tell your kids about santa clause or the tooth fairy. They are fake to, and I don't see wrestlers sneaking into your kids bedrooms at night.

Get a clue blahblah

That is just funny!!!

"I don't see wrestlers sneaking into your kids bedroom at night"

Too funny - gonna have to quote you in my sig :evillol:

setxsports
06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Fox news sucks!!!

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 02:40 PM
So does CNN

kaorder1999
06-26-2007, 02:42 PM
so does WWE ;)

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 02:42 PM
so does Hoover

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I read about it in the San Angelo paper today.

setxsports
06-26-2007, 02:47 PM
They just try and blame the whole thing on Steroids. Like nothing else was going on. Please.

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
What else would of been going on? Sounds like a roid rage to me.

AP Panther Fan
06-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, in the case of my cousin and his 7 year old son - because he can & it is HIS right! That is there father-son time. Not every man is a dead beat. My cousin, happens to be a wonderful father and I for one, love how much time he spends with his kid. It just so happens that one of their passions is wrestling. SO WHAT?? His son is an awesome individual, in spite of his love of wrestling.

:speech:

Excellent response. My friend that was taking his children is a wonderful father as well, radiologist and school board member. Not a stupid bone in his body.

Not that I like wrestling, but I do relate this type of thing to taking my son to monster truck shows when he was much younger. He loved those things and I loved seeing them make him happy.:)

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Well, fine then, just be sure and tell those little kids that you take to see this kind of "entertainment" that this hero just killed his 7 yr old son and the mama of the 7 yr old. Like I said, open your eyes....comparing the WWE to soap operas is just plain silly. But whatever you need to rationalize here......I get it, you LOVE it.....well I guess then, it's only one less you have to watch. The whole industry is tainted. My sympathy to the families involved. :(

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I guess we can't let kids watch football anymore because of Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Well, fine then, just be sure and tell those little kids that you take to see this kind of "entertainment" that this hero just killed his 7 yr old son and the mama of the 7 yr old. Like I said, open your eyes....comparing the WWE to soap operas is just plain silly. But whatever you need to rationalize here......I get it, you LOVE it.....well I guess then, it's only one less you have to watch. The whole industry is tainted. My sympathy to the families involved. :(

I hate wresling... it's stupid... I don't like... just saying it's not the worst thing in the world...

Txbroadcaster
06-26-2007, 03:38 PM

How is it silly to comparew wrestling to Soap Operas?

Both have the Good Vs Bad story line
Both have the bad guy useing tricks and cheating their way to the top

Both have redemption of characters as they see the right and wrong, then avert back to their evil ways

Both have good guys making mistakes, yet always realizing they need to do better

Both have violence and use beautiful Men and women to allure fans

The story lines for both are predictable, yet at times fun to watch

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I voted for Ali.....he was a well respected boxer. :(

So what is the difference between boxing and wrestling? Pretty sure boxing has violence, plus if you let kids watch it they are also learning how to gamble.

Maroon87
06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Pretty sure boxing has violence, plus if you let kids watch it they are also learning how to gamble.

And it's fixed too. :p

Rabbit'93
06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Yaya your funny. Wrestling is EXACTLY like a soap opera.

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
he killed WOMAN

wth?!?!!!

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:29 PM
I guess we can't let kids watch football anymore because of Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones nooooooooooo.........I am not saying that. Do you think the WWE is the same as the NFL???? I don't. BUT I do think my right to put in my 2 cents is just like your(s) right to put in 2 cents. I think the WWE is just stupid and violent and I would never take a child to see it. Lots of excellent individuals out there, to introduce as a "hero" to a child. BUT JUST MY OPINION. THANKS FOR YOURS!!!! :hand:

Snydertigersrul
06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
nooooooooooo.........I am not saying that. Do you think the WWE is the same as the NFL???? I don't. BUT I do think my right to put in my 2 cents is just like your(s) right to put in 2 cents. I think the WWE is just stupid and violent and I would never take a child to see it. Lots of excellent individuals out there, to introduce as a "hero" to a child. BUT JUST MY OPINION. THANKS FOR YOURS!!!! :hand:

The WWE will be in Abilene on Saturday night. I think some tickets are still available.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:31 PM
So what is the difference between boxing and wrestling? Pretty sure boxing has violence, plus if you let kids watch it they are also learning how to gamble. Boxing is violent, I agree. I wouldn't take my child to a boxing match, either.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The WWE will be in Abilene on Saturday night. I think some tickets are still available. Oh I highly doubt that.......I'm sure it's sold out in that neck of the woods.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Yaya your funny. Wrestling is EXACTLY like a soap opera. Ha...just keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Snydertigersrul
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Ha...just keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

I LOVE PRO WRESTLING, ESPECIALLY THE WWE. Good venture for family entertainment. If you live in the Abilene area, they will be there on Saturday night.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Little kids don't know that it's fake. Football is just as violent to a kid as wrestling, it's a bunch of hulk-like men hitting each other. Same can be said for baseball, I bet more baseball players use steroids then wrestlers.

Get a clue blahblah .....silly silly boy...... :p

DU_stud04
06-26-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't. BUT I do think my right to put in my 2 cents is just like your(s) right to put in 2 cents. :hand: i think you're using a different currency......

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:36 PM
I LOVE PRO WRESTLING, ESPECIALLY THE WWE. Good venture for family entertainment. If you live in the Abilene area, they will be there on Saturday night. Not a doubt in my mind, that you do.

DU_stud04
06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh I highly doubt that.......I'm sure it's sold out in that neck of the woods. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
wow

Maroon87
06-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Yaya your funny. Wrestling is EXACTLY like a soap opera.

I know...substance abuse, infidelity, faked deaths, scantily clad women.:cool:

GreenMonster
06-26-2007, 04:38 PM
WWE will be in Wichita Falls Sunday night. The radio ad still says Benoit will be on hand to defend the US title belt against some numbskull. I guess that is an ooops.

Snydertigersrul
06-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Anyone need help with WWE tickets for sunday, contact me

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :kiss: :kiss:

District303aPastPlayer
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM

things were much better when you just read...

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Anyone need help with WWE tickets for sunday, contact me Well, Bless your heart.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
things were much better when you just read... I know! Seems like a slow day has done me in!!!! :D

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I like peaches

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I like peaches

million of peaches, peaches for free.

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 04:47 PM
heard that one on XM the other day too... I love that thing....

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 04:48 PM
heard that one on XM the other day too... I love that thing....

I bet.

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 04:49 PM
yah, chris cornell was on there doing a live acoustic deal the other day... said "I only have one real stalker, her name is mandy, really scary"

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 04:52 PM
yah, chris cornell was on there doing a live acoustic deal the other day... said "I only have one real stalker, her name is mandy, really scary"

who?

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by thatsminty
who?

yup

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 04:55 PM
yup

cheah. right?

Gobbla2001
06-26-2007, 04:57 PM
cheah. right?

fo sho

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 06:09 PM
fo sho

obviously.

No Show Jones
06-26-2007, 06:15 PM
WWE honored a murderer.:dispntd:. They should have let the show go on and found out details.

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 06:27 PM
WWE honored a murderer.:dispntd:. They should have let the show go on and found out details.
I highly last night, that is the reason they didn't let any fans in. The wrestlers were in no condition to put on a show

setxsports
06-26-2007, 06:33 PM
They didn't know it was a murder until after their broadcast.

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 07:18 PM
They didn't know it was a murder until after their broadcast.

lolz @ them for not being patient enough to get the full details
now they just look like idiots.

No Show Jones
06-26-2007, 07:19 PM
now they just look like idiots. Seriously the man killed a child!

thatsminty
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Seriously the man killed a child!

welcome to america.

kaorder1999
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
when all three members of he household are dead, i would venture to guess that 9 out of 10 cases are murder.

setxsports
06-26-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitpressrelease

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 07:57 PM
now they just look like idiots.
Not really, it's what they have always done before.

If they had not shown a tribute and just gone one with the show they and had the deaths not been from a murder/suicide then they would look like pretty big jackasses then to.

I don't think anyone in the WWE expected that he murdered his entire family, they just can't cancel the show and run a ticker at the bottom saying 'sorry no show tonight, chris benoit died.'

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
http://rajah.com/base/node/8364

They are apologizing for showing the tribute. I still don't blame them for doing it.

Emerson1
06-26-2007, 08:24 PM
WWE has canceled the tour of western Canada that was scheduled for July 14th-17th so that Raw can be held in Corpus Christi, Texas on July 16th.

American Bank Center has scheduled a new date for WWE Monday Night Raw. The event will be back in Corpus Christi at American Bank Center Arena on July 16th at 6:30pm. Tickets for the June 25th postponed date will still be honored. American Bank Center General Manager, Marc Solis says, “We have worked tirelessly with WWE officials since the event was postponed yesterday to set a new date. July 16th is only weeks away and we believe that shows the dedication and appreciation WWE has for their loyal fan base in Corpus Christi. It’s a difficult time for the organization, our thoughts and prayers are with the WWE family and friends.” As Corpus Christi’s premier event center, it is the mission of the American Bank Center to provide unprecedented guest experiences.

setxsports
06-26-2007, 08:30 PM
http://www.tpww.net/headlines/1182904079.html

TexasHSFootball
06-26-2007, 08:31 PM
The story becomes more and more shocking...

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
*edit* a more detailed timeline

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE Smackdown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm
A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm
The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm
Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

4:30pm
A co-worker who consistently travels with Benoit, called Benoit from outside Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the co-worker that Nancy was throwing up blood and that Daniel was also throwing up. Benoit thought they had food poisoning. Benoit stated he changed his flight and he would be arriving into Houston at 6:30pm. Benoit told the co-worker to drive onto the WWE event.

5:35pm
Benoit called WWE Talent Relations stating that his son was throwing up and that he and Nancy were in the hospital with their son, and that Benoit would be taking a later flight into Houston, landing late, but would make the WWE live event in Beaumont.

6:10pm
A representative of Talent Relations called Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations asked Benoit what time Benoit was getting into Beaumont. Benoit responded he was leaving Atlanta at 9:20pm Eastern time arriving into Houston at 9:24pm Central time. The representative from Talent Relations advised Benoit that it would be too late to make the WWE live event in Beaumont. Benoit apologized citing he had a family emergency. The representative from Talent Relations suggested to Benoit that instead of going to the WWE live event in Beaumont, Benoit should take the flight to Houston, rest up and be ready for the Vengeance Pay-Per-View event.

6:13pm
The representative from Talent Relations called Benoit to reconfirm the travel plans with no answer from Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations left a voice message to take the flight and rest up.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Text messages sent to co-workers from Chris Benoit and Nancy Benoit’s cell phones:

Text Message 1
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am from
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 2
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am
Message: The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open

Text Message 3
When: 6/24 at 3:54am
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 4
When: 6/24 at 3:55am

Text Message 5
Sent to: A Co-Worker who consistently traveled with Benoit
When: 6/24 at 3:58am
Message: My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

WWE made several attempts to contact Benoit via phone and text messages, as well as, the local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 pm Sunday night there was no contact made with Benoit.

Monday, June 25, 2007

12:30pm
WWE was notified of text messages sent to the two co-workers.

12:45pm
WWE contacted the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office and requested them to go to Benoit’s
residence

4:00pm
WWE received a call from the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office, advising that they entered
the house of Benoit and found 3 deceased bodies (a male, a female and a child). The Fayetteville Sheriff’s office has secured the house as a “major crime scene” and that the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s Office had no further information.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Wow, needle marks were found in the arm of the 7 year old. They were giving him HGH because the family thought he was undersized? :eek: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
06-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Wow, needle marks were found in the arm of the 7 year old. They were giving him HGH because the family thought he was undersized? :eek: :rolleyes:

I heard on the news this morning that he (the son) had some type of Dwarfism!

Gobbla2001
06-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Benoit kinda looked like a dwarf himself, he was vertically challenged...

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
People do that all the time.

burnet44
06-27-2007, 01:09 PM
that would explain a lot

setxsports
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
More sick details...Benoit was a BEAST. If this turns out to be all true, this guy had some sick demons!

From the Atlanta-Journal Constitutional....

Professional wrestling star Chris Benoit may have killed his 7-year-old son with a chokehold, Fayette County's district attorney said Wednesday.

The bodies of Benoit, his wife Nancy, and son Daniel were found in the family's exclusive Fayette County home Monday afternoon. Authorities say the deaths appear to have been murder-suicide.

District Attorney Scott Ballard said the boy had internal injuries to the throat area, but showed no bruises, indicating he may have been locked in the crook of his father's arm. Previous reports have said the boy had been smothered or strangled.

Nancy Benoit, 43, had bruises on her back and stomach consistent with someone pressing a knee into the small of the back while pulling on a cord around the neck, Ballard said.

Benoit, 40, killed himself by wrapping a cord around his neck that was attached to a weight machine, Ballard said. Benoit released the weights — about 240 pounds — to cause strangulation, he said.

Ballard said the pull-down bar had been removed from the machine. He was found seated against the machine in the basement of his home.

Bandera YaYa
06-27-2007, 05:43 PM
People do that all the time. People shoot up their young children with growth hormones???? :confused: :confused:
how do you know that? You make it sound like a normal occurance. I don't know a single person that has done this.
Still can't accept this hero of yours choked to death his own son....can you imagine what was going thru the little boy's mind when his beloved dad grabbed him and put his arm around his little neck? Think about that. I wonder if he saw his beloved dad kill his beloved mother....just imagine that happening to this little boy.
Nope, never heard of a soap opera star doing that.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 05:58 PM
People shoot up their young children with growth hormones???? :confused: :confused:
how do you know that? You make it sound like a normal occurance. I don't know a single person that has done this.
Still can't accept this hero of yours choked to death his own son....can you imagine what was going thru the little boy's mind when his beloved dad grabbed him and put his arm around his little neck? Think about that. I wonder if he saw his beloved dad kill his beloved mother....just imagine that happening to this little boy.
Nope, never heard of a soap opera star doing that.
:mad: :mad: :mad:
I have heard of people legally giving their kids stuff to make them grow more.

It's sad I know, but this is not the first time someone has gone and killed their entire family. Quit making it seem like wrestlers are the only people in the whole wide world that have ever committed murder because of 1 isolated incident

Diocletian
06-27-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm sure not everyone who takes hair growth medication gets diarrhea

so not everyone who takes prescription steriods kills their family....... i'm sure it's more about the wrestling thing and always being on the road and what not

but i'm sure we can all agree it def did not make ANYTHING better...you have to live a damn hard life to want to do something like this esp if you have all that $$$ like he did

Bandera YaYa
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I have heard of people legally giving their kids stuff to make them grow more.

It's sad I know, but this is not the first time someone has gone and killed their entire family. Quit making it seem like wrestlers are the only people in the whole wide world that have ever committed murder because of 1 isolated incident Well, sorry, you made it seem like it was perfectly fine for him to be doing this....like why not...daddy is taking drugs to make himself look like Hulk....why not the kid? I never said that wrestlers were the only people that killed their familes. I do think all wrestlers abuse roid's and this kind of "family entertainment" is too violent for young kids. You have kids wanting to be like them....so do you tell them they get looking that way because of steroids??? I mean what do you tell them ? but then again, Santa is pretty large.
But I agree, it is very, very sad.

smustangs
06-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I do think all wrestlers abuse roid's and this kind of "family entertainment" is too violent for young kids. You have kids wanting to be like them....so do you tell them they get looking that way because of steroids??? I mean what do you tell them ? but then again, Santa is pretty large.
But I agree, it is very, very sad.

i watched wrestling religiously when i was younger and horror movies and murder movies and anything else but that dosent make a kid become violent or a killer i dont think you can blame wrestling for the death of his family i agree it is very sad but like kyle said there not the first parents to give HGH to their son and hes not the first to take roids

zebrablue2
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
sad story. end of story. we will never know what went so wrong.

burnet44
06-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Wrestling Debut: 1991
Birthday: 11/09/70
Height: 6'0
Weight: 231 pounds
Finishing move: The Walls of Jericho
Titles Held: World Champion, Intercontinental Champion (4); European Champion; Hardcore Champion; Tag Team Champion

Nickname: The Rabbid Wolverine
Birthday: 5/21/67
Wrestling Debut: 1986
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 220 lbs

Titles Held: WWE World Champion, WCW TV Champion, WCW US Champion, WWE IC Champion, WWE Tag Champion, WCW Tag Champion, ECW Tag Champion, WWE Lighheavyweight Champion, IWGP Lighweight Champion

Signature Moves: The Crippler Cross Face, Swan Dive

Chris Irvine was born on November 9, 1970 in Manhasset, New York. He was raised in Winnipeg, Canada. His father, Ted Irvine, was an NHL player for over a decade and played for the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings.

Chris Benoit (I)
advertisement Date of Birth
21 May 1967, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Birth Name
Christopher Michael Benoit

Nickname
The Canadian Crippler
The Rabid Wolverine
The Pegasus Kid
Wild Pegasus

Height
5' 10¾" (1.80 m)

http://www.wrestlingworld.it/Historical/Biografie/chrisbenoit/00young.jpg

there is no accurate info anywhere lol

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
What is not accurate about that information? Most of it looks right to me.

burnet44
06-27-2007, 08:43 PM
or
Birth Name Christopher Michael Benoit

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
or
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
or
Manhasset, New York

or

or

or
or
5' 10¾"

or

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 08:50 PM
You never cease to amaze me burnet44.

Chris Benoit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit)

Chris Irvine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Irvine)

Chris Benoit and Chris "Jericho" Irvine are 2 different people.

Maroon87
06-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
or
Birth Name Christopher Michael Benoit

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
or
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
or
Manhasset, New York

or

or

or
or
5' 10¾"

or

I think Chris Irvine wrestled under the name Chris Jericho.:thinking:

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I think Chris Irvine wrestled under the name Chris Jericho.:thinking:
That is true, but he thinks Chris Irvine and Chris Benoit are the same person and is wondering why their information isn't the same.....

burnet44
06-27-2007, 09:14 PM
no nn
I got all this info on Benoit from different web sites
as I said different
It is posted as benoit

I know they are different guys

as i said just misinformation everywhere

Emerson1
06-27-2007, 09:31 PM
I wish translation.com has an option for "gibberish"

District303aPastPlayer
06-27-2007, 09:34 PM
no nn
I got all this info on Benoit from different web sites
as I said different
It is posted as benoit

I know they are different guys

as i said just misinformation everywhere

can you type ONE complete sentence? It would make it much easier to comprehend what you are trying to put forth as your point...

burnet44
06-27-2007, 09:35 PM
The internet is full of misinformation about Chris Benoit.

District303aPastPlayer
06-27-2007, 09:47 PM
The internet is full of misinformation about Chris Benoit.

thank you!

setxsports
06-28-2007, 12:28 PM
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm??g=6fc941c3-ad35-4f6c-882a-b2f056f06a72&f=05&fg=rss&

Emerson1
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Well of course if you are comparing 2 people thinking it's the same person

AP Panther Fan
06-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I wish translation.com has an option for "gibberish"

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

funny, funny, funny!

smustangs
06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
fox news just reported that chris benoits wifes death was reported on wikipedia before her body was found this case gets stranger and stranger at all times

Emerson1
06-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
fox news just reported that chris benoits wifes death was reported on wikipedia before her body was found this case gets stranger and stranger at all times
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead

Buccaneer
06-28-2007, 08:52 PM
ATLANTA - Investigators are looking into who altered pro wrestler Chris Benoit's Wikipedia entry to mention his wife's death hours before authorities discovered the bodies of the couple and their 7-year-old son.

Benoit's Wikipedia entry was altered early Monday to say that the wrestler had missed a match two days earlier because of his wife's death.

A Wikipedia official, Cary Bass, said Thursday that the entry was made by someone using an Internet protocol address registered in Stamford, Conn., where World Wrestling Entertainment is based.

An IP address, a unique series of numbers carried by every machine connected to the Internet, does not necessarily have to be broadcast from where it is registered. The bodies were found in Benoit's home in suburban Atlanta, and it's not known where the posting was sent from, Bass said.

Benoit strangled his wife and son during the weekend, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home, authorities said. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.

Also Thursday, federal drug agents said they had raided the west Georgia office of a doctor who prescribed testosterone to Benoit.

The raid at Dr. Phil Astin's office in Carrollton began Wednesday night and concluded early Thursday, said agent Chuvalo Truesdell, a spokesman for the Drug Enforcement Administration. No arrests were made.

Hours before the raid, Astin told The Associated Press he had treated Benoit for low testosterone levels, which he said likely originated from previous steroid use.

Among other things, investigators were looking for Benoit's medical records to see whether he had been prescribed steroids and, if so, whether that prescription was appropriate, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because records in the case remain sealed.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past but would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office Friday.

State medical records show that Astin's privileges were suspended for three months in 2001 at a Georgia hospital for "reasons related to competence or character."

Astin did not return calls to his cell phone from the AP on Thursday.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said in a statement Thursday that he could not immediately comment on the raid.

Benoit's page on Wikipedia, a reference site that allows users to add and edit information, was updated at 12:01 a.m. Monday, about 14 hours before authorities say the bodies were found. The reason he missed a match Saturday night was "stemming from the death of his wife Nancy," it said.

Reporters informed the Fayette County district attorney's office of the posting Thursday, and the agency forwarded the information to sheriff's investigators, who are looking into it, a legal assistant said in an e-mail to the AP.

WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt said that to his knowledge, no one at the WWE knew Nancy Benoit was dead before her body was found Monday afternoon. Text messages released by officials show that messages from Chris Benoit's cell phone were being sent to co-workers a few hours after the Wikipedia posting.

WWE employees are given WWE e-mail addresses, McDevitt said, though he did not know whether Chris Benoit had one.

"I have no idea who posted this," McDevitt said. "It's at least possible Chris may have sent some other text message to someone that we're unaware of. We don't know if he did. The phone is in the possession of authorities."

On Thursday afternoon, the Wikipedia page about Benoit carried a note stating that editing by unregistered or newly registered users was disabled until July 8 because of vandalism.

In other developments Thursday, Ballard told the AP that 10 empty beer cans were found in a trash can in the Benoit home. An empty wine bottle was found a few feet from where Benoit hanged himself, Ballard said.

It could take several weeks for toxicology tests to be completed on Benoit to see what substances, if any, were in his system.

Benoit took four months off from work in 2006 for undisclosed personal reasons, McDevitt said.

"He was feeling depressed, that kind of thing," McDevitt said.

In the days before the killings, Benoit and his wife argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, according to an attorney for the WWE wrestling league.

The child had a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism.

Chris Benoit's father, Michael Benoit, declined to comment on the slayings when reached Thursday by telephone in Alberta, Canada. Funeral arrangements were incomplete.

___