PDA

View Full Version : Region I updates done

bearcat1
10-24-2002, 09:53 PM
Region I page, top ten, district pages and weekly picks are all done. The TEam of the Week was done last Saturday, but the rest of these are just getting done tonite, sorry for this delay. Enjoy your games. cya!
bc

coolguycody_c
10-24-2002, 10:02 PM
Do you really think Graham will beat Vernon badly? I haven't had a chance to see either team, but Vernon normally puts up a fight.. My mind is instantly drawn to the game between the two back in 97 or 98.. Vernon won 28 to 27. Best game I've seen to date.

bearcat1
10-25-2002, 05:59 PM
coolguycody_c:
Do you really think Graham will beat Vernon badly? I haven't had a chance to see either team, but Vernon normally puts up a fight.. My mind is instantly drawn to the game between the two back in 97 or 98.. Vernon won 28 to 27. Best game I've seen to date.I really feel that Graham is an excellent team but I don't think anyone will beat anyone "badly" in this...big games as this are usually close. However, to answer your question yes, I am going with Graham.
bc

bleedgreen
10-25-2002, 09:07 PM
How many rounds into the playoffs will it take for you to move Kennedale a little higher in the Region I rankings? Have you actually seen them play? Could it possibly be that you think they need better defense? Tell me....is it any different winning 6 to 3 vs. 52 to 49? I always thought it was who had the most points at the end of the game.

bearcat1
10-25-2002, 11:23 PM
bleedgreen:
How many rounds into the playoffs will it take for you to move Kennedale a little higher in the Region I rankings? Have you actually seen them play? Could it possibly be that you think they need better defense? Tell me....is it any different winning 6 to 3 vs. 52 to 49? I always thought it was who had the most points at the end of the game.Me? Think something negative about Kennedale?? Wow. LOL I am sure some around here are laughing out loud at that accusation. ..You must be a new reader, because you see I am a huge Kennedale fan, I'll be the first to admit that (see at least I'm honest people). I've been high on that team for 2 seasons now. Most readers here are painfully aware of my thoughts toward the Wildcats. Last year, they were my darkhorse selection preseason.. I've done huge write up's on all their players, stats, "all district as sophmore", blah blah blah..they have been from time to time plastered all over the place. My games of the week usually only amount to a few sentences (if any), but when I do one w/Kennedale in it, it's 2 pages long...as anyone around here could vouch for (moan and groan about, however you look at it). I actually had to force myself to stop b/c I was irritating some of our readers with all my Kennedale babble this year (and last) and beginning to show signs of favoritism toward the Wildcats. (Gasp...me? never). Man where were you when I needed you. Your too quick to judge, dear Wildcat.....
Now let me try to answer your questions. First let me say, Kennedale did move up. They moved up when they beat Everman, however they are not ahead of Everman for reasons I've already stated on the Region I page. Now on to your other wins....Dallas Smith, South Hills, Castleberry, Venus, Godley, Carter Riverside.....You are gonna have to play somebody before you jump up any higher. Your remaining games are Glen Rose and Diamond Hill both of which you should win by 40+. So unless the 4 teams ahead of you take a fast nose dive, then yes it will be playoffs before Kennedale goes any higher than 5. A team in this situation could actually drop, because a team ranked lower than you could beat an opponent ranked higher than them, causing that team to move up. In which case, your win over the venus' and godley's would be mute, and could actually theoretically hurt your standings in the poll. Screwy huh.
bc

bleedgreen
10-26-2002, 08:04 AM
You didn't answer my question, so let me put it another way. Why do you favor Decatur, Bridgeport, and Greenwood over Kennedale? I think you will find as the season goes on that our secondary has improved which I thought was their weakness last year. I don't know how the power ratings are calculated but Kennedale has higher numbers.

bearcat1
10-26-2002, 10:52 AM
bleedgreen:
You didn't answer my question, so let me put it another way. Why do you favor Decatur, Bridgeport, and Greenwood over Kennedale? I think you will find as the season goes on that our secondary has improved which I thought was their weakness last year. I don't know how the power ratings are calculated but Kennedale has higher numbers.I didn't answer your question?? Yes I did. You asked what it would take for Kennedale to move up and I told you. Now you are asking why I favor Decatur, Bridgeport, Greenwood over Kennedale. That's a whole other question...but that's ok because this one is easy..... Decatur and Greenwood are ranked higher because they are undefeated. Bridgeport is ranked higher because of Daugherty.
bc