PDA

View Full Version : Air-It-Out Passing Camp

Dogman_1969
06-24-2007, 10:05 PM
We leave for Abilene on Wednesday for the Passing Camp. This year we are taking 4 Sophomores-to-be and a incoming freshman.

Despite what BBDE tells everyone about the kids in Rockdale, they are working hard and will be ready come August.

Anyone else going? We could have a downlow meet-n-greet under the 1 and only shade tree up there????

mwynn05
06-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
We leave for Abilene on Wednesday for the Passing Camp. This year we are taking 4 Sophomores-to-be and a incoming freshman.

Despite what BBDE tells everyone about the kids in Rockdale, they are working hard and will be ready come August.

Anyone else going? We could have a downlow meet-n-greet under the 1 and only shade tree up there???? Oh nice little unprovoked shot.

pirate4state
06-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Oh nice little unprovoked shot. :confused: eh? what am i missing?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-25-2007, 12:26 AM

Anyone else going? We could have a downlow meet-n-greet under the 1 and only shade tree up there????

I went to the weight room for two weeks straight after school, and I saw maybe three varsity athletes the entire time I was up there. I'm reporting what I saw, nothing more, nothing less. You can like it or you can't, but I'm not going to sugarcoat anything for anyone. They may be working now, but that was two weeks that they took off and their opponents didn't, and they, like me, aren't going to paint what they did in the offseason into a pretty picture. I was at the weight room working out, were you? That's what I thought....

smustangs
06-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I went to the weight room for two weeks straight after school, and I saw maybe three varsity athletes the entire time I was up there. I'm reporting what I saw, nothing more, nothing less. You can like it or you can't, but I'm not going to sugarcoat anything for anyone. They may be working now, but that was two weeks that they took off and their opponents didn't, and they, like me, aren't going to paint what they did in the offseason into a pretty picture. I was at the weight room working out, were you? That's what I thought....

hard to argue w/ that statement

Dogman_1969
06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
You don't have to sugar coat anything for me. I supported you and the rest of the teams here through the years and continue to do so today.

Working out is a necessary part of athletics I would agree. Playing as a team is probably more important and we'll see how this years version will do. I just think your bold prediction of 0-10 says it all.

We'll see how they do, just buy your ticket and watch them.........

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
You don't have to sugar coat anything for me. I supported you and the rest of the teams here through the years and continue to do so today.

Working out is a necessary part of athletics I would agree. Playing as a team is probably more important and we'll see how this years version will do. I just think your bold prediction of 0-10 shows says it all.

We'll see how they do, just buy your ticket and watch them.........

Well, I was taking it as that the time that I was there was indicative of how bad they wanted to win and how much they were willing to sacrifice. I hope things change, I'm a Tiger fan until I die, but I was truly disappointed to see the lack of desire that was on display during that time. I hope they have turned things around, and if they truly have, then I don't have such a grim outlook, but based on what I know, I draw my conclusions.

txhsfball
06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
back from camp yet dogman? how did that go?

Dogman_1969
06-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Yes we got home this afternoon about 5:30. Had a good camp despite the rain up there. They were forced to hold a couple of practices at Shotwell Stadium in the parking lot due to all the local grass fields under water. There were about 350 or so freshman and sophomores there for the 3 day camp.

We took 5 from Rockdale up there and all improved with all the reps and instruction up there. There were several kids there with older brothers who start for Big 12 schools. I saw kids from Roinson, Monahans, San Saba, Burnet, Coppell, Hico, Lenora, Corpus Christi, Southlake Carrol, Graham, Jacksboro, Wylie, and others.

As in past years it was a very good camp and we will attend again next summer. Hopefully with more kids from Rockdale going. I was very proud of our kids.

Thanks,

Dogman......

No Show Jones
07-01-2007, 05:05 AM
You should take those 5 to the West Texas A&M camp. Very good camp.

Dogman_1969
07-01-2007, 07:58 PM
when is it? I figue they missed it this year. Next year we plan to go to the North Texas camp as well.

thanks........