PDA

View Full Version : What will be the toughest district in 3A this year?

charlesrixey
06-22-2007, 06:40 PM
can be by percentage of awesome (4-5 team district) or bunches of great teams (6-8 team district)

3-3A is a pretty good 4-teamer

Snydertigersrul
06-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Snyder will go 3 -0 again and the other three will play it out for second place.

charlesrixey
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Snyder will go 3 -0 again and the other three will play it out for second place.

i agree, although i still think Graham would win head to head;)

:evillol:

No Show Jones
06-22-2007, 08:44 PM
I don't think a team which has 4 teams should be considered a tough district. All you have to do is beat 1 team. I will go with the Giddings and Bellville district.

tigerpride_08
06-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Wharton's 8 team district...:D

EagleFan1997
06-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by No Show Jones
I don't think a team which has 4 teams should be considered a tough district. All you have to do is beat 1 team. I will go with the Giddings and Bellville district.

You know what I think. That everyone that plays in a 4 team district did not plan to that is not our fault that we have to. It is the UIL. So I think if you play in a district with four team like us in 3-3A,4-3A, & 5-3A then you still can have a hard district. Look at 5-3A last year all four teams where in the hunt for a playoff sport untill week 10. I also belive Canyon & Perryton will fight it out for District again and you could add the other two teams also

smustangs
06-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by No Show Jones

my sr year we had 5 teams. wylie won state in d1 us and snyder played in the quarters how can you say thats not a tough district?

charlesrixey
06-23-2007, 09:09 AM
that's why i offered up greatness as a percentage, and not just in numbers, because you can have a four-team district that out performs 8-teamers in the playoffs

pirate4state
06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
my sr year we had 5 teams. wylie won state in d1 us and snyder played in the quarters how can you say thats not a tough district? It's easy - he just says it. :D

You guys are too funny. It is one person's opinion. Whether you agree with it or not. Unless of course, it's Keith & Carter talking about the Eagles. :p :p :D

Carry on :wave:

Oh and for the record, I agree with Bellville/Giddings district selection. :thumbsup: I'd also throw in Needville/Wharton/Columbia/et al

DoeBrae
06-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I think 6-3A is going to be tough this year. All 5 teams are in the hunt for the playoffs and I think the 3 that do go, can run for awhile in the playoffs.

Dogman_1969
06-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I'd have to say the district with the defending State Champion in it. I think they should be ranked #1 as well since their OL was mostly sophomores last year. Their JV wasn't too shaby either at 47-0. Look for them to play into December again...............

smustangs
06-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It's easy - he just says it. :D

You guys are too funny. It is one person's opinion. Whether you agree with it or not. Unless of course, it's Keith & Carter talking about the Eagles. :p :p :D

Carry on :wave:

Oh and for the record, I agree with Bellville/Giddings district selection. :thumbsup: I'd also throw in Needville/Wharton/Columbia/et al

its just a debate not meaning to attack his opinion hes entitled to it as i am to mine and everyone else is to theres it just livens it up to discuss it

pirate4state
06-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
its just a debate not meaning to attack his opinion hes entitled to it as i am to mine and everyone else is to theres it just livens it up to discuss it I never said you were attacking his opinion. Feeling guilty? :D:D

carter08
06-23-2007, 03:04 PM
24-3A will be a wide open race.

Columbia, Needville, Wharton, Sweeny, Sealy... all have great shots at playoff births. Columbus could be a surprise team, and I just feel like Brookshire will go on a run this year. Brookshire finishes 5th in district. You heard it here first.

BILLYFRED0000
06-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by EagleFan1997
You know what I think. That everyone that plays in a 4 team district did not plan to that is not our fault that we have to. It is the UIL. So I think if you play in a district with four team like us in 3-3A,4-3A, & 5-3A then you still can have a hard district. Look at 5-3A last year all four teams where in the hunt for a playoff sport untill week 10. I also belive Canyon & Perryton will fight it out for District again and you could add the other two teams also

I agree with that in principal. However, I also agree that it is an easy route to the playoffs. You only have to win one game to make it in a 4 team district. Win two and you could be in the running for the district lead. Celina has an average to just above average district. 8 teams. That means it is possible to win 6 and still not make the playoffs. Just the number of games involved makes it tougher because the more you play the better the chance of serious injury to your starters.

GreenMonster
06-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by DoeBrae
I think 6-3A is going to be tough this year. All 5 teams are in the hunt for the playoffs and I think the 3 that do go, can run for awhile in the playoffs.

I have to agree here. Graham was tough as a 10 penny nail down the stretch last year and have a bunch of their difference makers back again for another run. Vernon lost a few kids to graduation but return some very talented kids and should be tough again this year. Hirschi has skill people out the wazzoo and Coach Searcy seems to have that train building steam right now. Burkburnett has the biggest numbers in the state and should be able find 14 or 15 kids that can play a little out of that stack. Iowa Park is returning a bunch of kids and should be pretty scrappy and playing with a chip on their shoulder after missing the play-offs last year. All 5 teams have the potential to get in and play a couple of weeks. I'm not saying that will happen and I'm not trying to say anything about the first and second round competition I'm just stating my opinion on the capabilities of these 5 teams. Top to bottom I'd have to rank it as one of if not the very toughest in the district. Just look at this past year, Vernon had to win week 10 just to get in the play-offs and ended up in the Semi's. That has to say something about the quality of this district.

88bobcats
06-23-2007, 11:07 PM
All 8 teams in 21-3A have been in the football playoffs over the past 3-4 years. The most recent realignment created a district in which 6 teams were in the playoffs just one year earlier. West Orange-Stark, Kirbyville and Silsbee are already enjoying healthy rankings. Bridge City and Jasper have both recently gone deep in the playoffs, and Hamshire-Fannett is a historical spoiler.

Not to mention that this district has the 2006-2007 State Championships in both basketball (Sour Lake Hardin-Jefferson) and baseball (Jasper); and Jasper beat Bridge City in the regional championship to advance to Austin. Bridge City was in Austin the previous two years.

I know every region has one or two powerhouse districts. 24-3A, 18-3A, and 23-3A look tough; but I submit 21-3A as the most cut-throat in Region III.

j_dog
06-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
All 8 teams in 21-3A have been in the football playoffs over the past 3-4 years. The most recent realignment created a district in which 6 teams were in the playoffs just one year earlier. West Orange-Stark, Kirbyville and Silsbee are already enjoying healthy rankings. Bridge City and Jasper have both recently gone deep in the playoffs, and Hamshire-Fannett is a historical spoiler.

Not to mention that this district has the 2006-2007 State Championships in both basketball (Sour Lake Hardin-Jefferson) and baseball (Jasper); and Jasper beat Bridge City in the regional championship to advance to Austin. Bridge City was in Austin the previous two years.

I know every region has one or two powerhouse districts. 24-3A, 18-3A, and 23-3A look tough; but I submit 21-3A as the most cut-throat in Region III.
Well said. And HJ played district team Silsbee in the regional championship in basketball from 21-3a also. This well could happen in football this fall. I just don't know which two teams it will be. ;)

Actually, it is proving to be an asset to be in this district. Just look how the hard district competition prepared HJ and Jasper to win their state championships, in basketball and baseball respectively.

buff4life
06-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by DoeBrae

just for the record...every district is tight if you look at it like that...all teams are tied so they're all in the hunt for the playoffs...all districts are tough!!!

zebrablue2
06-24-2007, 07:07 AM
will be a interesting and fun 2007. good luck to all.

charlesrixey
06-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I think any of the teams that make the playoffs out of 6-3A will win a few games in the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2007, 09:08 PM
21-3A (IMO) will be the toughest to earn a playoff spot. :)

Phantom Stang
06-25-2007, 12:23 PM
3-3A is overated.
Snyder is overconfident.
All teams will be one and done.

So brothers,

until next time....

Your buddy,

The Ch.....errrrr Phantom!!

:D

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2007, 12:27 PM