PDA

View Full Version : major bummer

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Our building just had a weird little power surge happen and we lost power for like 2 seconds - tops! I think that was enough to fry my pc!! :eek: :eek:

It will NOT turn back on. The monitor is working and I have tried to plug the tower in 3 different outlets all with the same result - DEAD!!! :( :bigcry: This computer is maybe 3-4 months old. Called the tech guy just to make sure and he wasn't available. :(

I am in the realtor's office (HAHA) b/c I can't stand being w/o internet. Someone call my sponsor. :D

and I was in the middle of IM session with LHPM - no, Deb I'm not ignoring you. :p :p

Ranger Mom
06-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Our building just had a weird little power surge happen and we lost power for like 2 seconds - tops! I think that was enough to fry my pc!! :eek: :eek:

It will NOT turn back on. The monitor is working and I have tried to plug the tower in 3 different outlets all with the same result - DEAD!!! :( :bigcry: This computer is maybe 3-4 months old. Called the tech guy just to make sure and he wasn't available. :(

I am in the realtor's office (HAHA) b/c I can't stand being w/o internet. Someone call my sponsor. :D

and I was in the middle of IM session with LHPM - no, Deb I'm not ignoring you. :p :p

Well no wonder it's so darn boring right now!!

pirate44
06-22-2007, 12:01 PM
say hi to Teri for me. she hasnt come by the house since we bought it to see how we fixed it up inside :(

by the way, every computer should be hooked up to a surge protector and a battery backup. shame on you.

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
say hi to Teri for me. she hasnt come by the house since we bought it to see how we fixed it up inside :(

by the way, every computer should be hooked up to a surge protector and a battery backup. shame on you.

It was plugged into a surge protector!!! the only pc on a battery backup is my boss'. :(

Getting a quick fix at home on my lunch break. :D :nerd:

CHS_CG
06-22-2007, 12:28 PM
It was plugged into a surge protector!!! the only pc on a battery backup is my boss'. :(

Getting a quick fix at home on my lunch break. :D :nerd:

oh no this means you might have to WORK today :eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
oh no this means you might have to WORK today :eek: :eek: :eek: nope - how? my computer is DEAD!!! HELLO!!!

CHS_CG
06-22-2007, 12:52 PM
nope - how? my computer is DEAD!!! HELLO!!!

i am sure there is some paper work you can do

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 12:56 PM
i am sure there is some paper work you can do yeah, the filing i have to do will take all of 10 minutes. have a good afternoon people :wave:

Fal44
06-22-2007, 01:01 PM
hows the weather over there? I am planning on going to, Corpus tonight for a concert and don't want to drive up if its raining hard..

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
hows the weather over there? I am planning on going to, Corpus tonight for a concert and don't want to drive up if its raining hard.. no rain here, so far

I get back to work and my computer is on!!!!! HORRAY!

Is that normal? For it to take so long to "adjust" itself after a power outage? I've never had a computer take that long to turn back on.

AND....

before ya'll ask - yes, I did push the button to turn it back on!

CHS_CG
06-22-2007, 01:27 PM

before ya'll ask - yes, I did push the button to turn it back on!

yeah uh huh... dont lie.. its ok...:D

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah uh huh... dont lie.. its ok...:D eh shat up :tongue: