PDA

View Full Version : Survivor is returning!!!

Adidas410s
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
The 2nd season of Survivor will begin in a week or two. Sinton Fan is unable to run the game this year so I will be stepping in and, along with mod help, we hope to provide the site with another fun, entertaining, and what is sure to be a controversial game.

This year we'll be travelling inland as the waters of the Gulf of Mexico provided much excitement for those who dared (aka were dumb enough) to venture to South Padre Island last summer. Our new journey finds us in the heart of the Hill Country...so grab your hiking boots and rock climbng gear as we're off to...

Survivor: Enchanted Rock

(logo to appear later as it doesn't work evidently)

I'll be away until late next week. In the meantime, please add your name to this thread if you're interested so I can figure out with the mods how many questions we're going to need.

3afan
06-22-2007, 09:42 AM
i'm interested ...

jason
06-22-2007, 09:44 AM
ill play since i had an island all to myself last year....

jason
06-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i'm interested ... shouldnt you be working?

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The 2nd season of Survivor will begin in a week or two. Sinton Fan is unable to run the game this year so I will be stepping in and, along with mod help, we hope to provide the site with another fun, entertaining, and what is sure to be a controversial game.

This year we'll be travelling inland as the waters of the Gulf of Mexico provided much excitement for those who dared (aka were dumb enough) to venture to South Padre Island last summer. Our new journey finds us in the heart of the Hill Country...so grab your hiking boots and rock climbng gear as we're off to...

Survivor: Enchanted Rock

(logo to appear later as it doesn't work evidently)

I'll be away until late next week. In the meantime, please add your name to this thread if you're interested so I can figure out with the mods how many questions we're going to need.

How many people played last year? Will this be first come, first serve? I guess what I wanna know is what is the cut off # for partcipants?

Adidas410s
06-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How many people played last year? Will this be first come, first serve? I guess what I wanna know is what is the cut off # for partcipants?

last year we had 18 contestants:

These are the contestants:
BDR (voted off 4/5/06)
Gobbla (voted off 3/31/06)
Breck
Chiefohera (voted off 3/27/06)
mustang04
AJ (voted off 3/28/06)
Black Magic (removed 4/4/06)
injured
DU stud04
Adidas
DaHop
dist303App (voted off 4/10/06)
Manck (voted off 4/7/06)
eagles victory (dropped out)
marlin fan (voted off 4/6/06)
44inarow (voted off 4/3/06)
CHS CG (voted off 3/29/06)
PPHSfan (voted off 3/30/06)

The cut number would somewhere in the high 20's...depending when we start the game. As long as the game ends before August 1st then we'll be ok! :)

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
last year we had 18 contestants:

These are the contestants:
BDR (voted off 4/5/06)
Gobbla (voted off 3/31/06)
Breck
Chiefohera (voted off 3/27/06)
mustang04
AJ (voted off 3/28/06)
Black Magic (removed 4/4/06)
injured
DU stud04
Adidas
DaHop
dist303App (voted off 4/10/06)
Manck (voted off 4/7/06)
eagles victory (dropped out)
marlin fan (voted off 4/6/06)
44inarow (voted off 4/3/06)
CHS CG (voted off 3/29/06)
PPHSfan (voted off 3/30/06)

The cut number would somewhere in the high 20's...depending when we start the game. As long as the game ends before August 1st then we'll be ok! :)

Good deal :thumbsup: thanks!

charlesrixey
06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
I'd like to do it, but i have no idea what this is actually talking about

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I'd like to do it, but i have no idea what his is actually talking about It's a game based on the tv show.

RULES FROM LAST YEAR
***Official 3ADownlow Survivor Padre Island Thread***
Ok, Monday is here and contestants need to be on tonight by 8 pm.
For those who aren't sure how to play I'll simplify the past explanation.
1. At 8 pm each night you will receive a pm from me containting a trivia question about the downlow.
2. You'll pm your answer to Ranger Mom, sinton66 AND LHPM. Along with your answer send your vote on who to vote off this round. The vote will count only if you get the question correct. Also, next to your vote add "public" or "private" to let the mods know whether or not you want your vote seen by all of us.
3. After 10 pm, at their discretion, the mods will announce who got the question correct and the votes for who will be voted off this round. The top vote getter is eliminated from the competition.
4. If you have to be at work or something during this time, pm the mods and maybe something can be worked so that you make sure your vote counts.
5. When the total number of contestants is reduced to 8 all votes become public.
6. When their are two left, they will submit to me 5 questions. I'll pick the best 4 and pm them to the other person. The questions need to be about the downlow and fairly common knowledge.
Now that the thread is up it's time to start scheming yall. Well, go ahead and start scheming... scheme away.
Yall have fun and may the best poster win.
*Note* Don't post the question that will be asked. Such a move will result in a disqualification. This needs to be in private.
Executive Producer: pirate4state

carter08
06-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Me.

Adidas410s
06-22-2007, 10:10 AM
It's a game based on the tv show.

RULES FROM LAST YEAR
***Official 3ADownlow Survivor Padre Island Thread***
Ok, Monday is here and contestants need to be on tonight by 8 pm.
For those who aren't sure how to play I'll simplify the past explanation.
1. At 8 pm each night you will receive a pm from me containting a trivia question about the downlow.
2. You'll pm your answer to Ranger Mom, sinton66 AND LHPM. Along with your answer send your vote on who to vote off this round. The vote will count only if you get the question correct. Also, next to your vote add "public" or "private" to let the mods know whether or not you want your vote seen by all of us.
3. After 10 pm, at their discretion, the mods will announce who got the question correct and the votes for who will be voted off this round. The top vote getter is eliminated from the competition.
4. If you have to be at work or something during this time, pm the mods and maybe something can be worked so that you make sure your vote counts.
5. When the total number of contestants is reduced to 8 all votes become public.
6. When their are two left, they will submit to me 5 questions. I'll pick the best 4 and pm them to the other person. The questions need to be about the downlow and fairly common knowledge.
Now that the thread is up it's time to start scheming yall. Well, go ahead and start scheming... scheme away.
Yall have fun and may the best poster win.
*Note* Don't post the question that will be asked. Such a move will result in a disqualification. This needs to be in private.
Executive Producer: pirate4state

There might be a change or two in the rules (mainly the times at which the game is played...adjusted by an hour or two) but nothing too drastic this season!

CHS_CG
06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Me but somebody will have to remind me!

CHS_CG
06-22-2007, 10:13 AM
also didnt we just do it on weekdays and not the weekends last year?

Ranger Mom
06-22-2007, 10:14 AM
There might be a change or two in the rules (mainly the times at which the game is played...adjusted by an hour or two) but nothing too drastic this season!

Image that!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

j/k adidas....ya know I love ya!!:inlove:

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Image that!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

j/k adidas....ya know I love ya!!:inlove:

hee hee :evillol: I wish we could play. :(

Adidas410s
06-22-2007, 10:37 AM
hee hee :evillol: I wish we could play. :(

maybe something can be worked out. I can enlist the help of others and the mods can play this time! :D

LH Panther Mom
06-22-2007, 10:44 AM
maybe something can be worked out. I can enlist the help of others and the mods can play this time! :D
Didn't you enlist the help of others with the pick'em? :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Adidas410s
06-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Didn't you enlist the help of others with the pick'em? :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
yep...and they were the ones trying to bring you down...

Emerson1
06-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I'll play this year, I can take over AJ's spot

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Juggsy and I would like to play.

lostaussie
06-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'll play this year, I can take over AJ's spot speaking of which, where the heck is he. haven't seen him since i came back around.

burnet44
06-23-2007, 08:31 AM
ill play
I have a pool going to see who is voted off first
Should be easy money

Emerson1
06-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
speaking of which, where the heck is he. haven't seen him since i came back around.
ROMed

carter08
06-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
ROMed

Technically, no. His account was deleted, so he isn't even a Read Only Member. He's more of a visitor. ROV

pirate4state
06-23-2007, 03:09 PM
keeping at top - no sticky love yet - too many up there already

Emerson1
06-30-2007, 09:35 PM
ttt

Emerson1
07-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Any idea when this might start back up?

DU_stud04
07-01-2007, 05:03 PM
im ready to get my surviving on. :D

carter08
07-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I wanna play.

KTA
07-01-2007, 05:08 PM
me 2

Pmoney
07-01-2007, 05:11 PM
ill play

pirate4state
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
To date those interested are:

3afan
jason
CharlesRixey
carter08
CHS_CG
Emerson1
BBDE
du_stud04
burnett44
KTA
PMoney

Last year aside from joining up, didn't Sinton Fan take nominations or am I thinking of the Lowies? LOL

When exactly is this gonna get kicked off? When you have enough for at least 2 separate groups?

Ranger Mom
07-03-2007, 10:59 AM
To date those interested are:

3afan
jason
CharlesRixey
carter08
CHS_CG
Emerson1
BBDE
du_stud04
burnett44
KTA
PMoney

Last year aside from joining up, didn't Sinton Fan take nominations or am I thinking of the Lowies? LOL

When exactly is this gonna get kicked off? When you have enough for at least 2 separate groups?

Someone made nominations......the reason I remember is Black Magic was one of those and never did participate!!

Butkus
07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Someone made nominations......the reason I remember is Black Magic was one of those and never did participate!! I nominate that str guy.:D

mustang04
07-03-2007, 02:43 PM
i wanna play again

SintonFan
07-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Someone made nominations......the reason I remember is Black Magic was one of those and never did participate!!
I believe some nominations were made so that didn't work out that well last year. I'm sure those who were nominated agreed to play(for the most part)...:D
Hopefully, I might have some free time soon so I could join?:D :evilgrin:

Ranger Mom
07-05-2007, 11:28 PM
If we are going to do this...we probably need to get started pretty quick.

Football season will be here before we know it!!

pirate4state
07-06-2007, 09:19 AM
If we are going to do this...we probably need to get started pretty quick.

Football season will be here before we know it!!

No kidding!! There doesn't seem to be alot of interest this year. I'd rather start voting on the Lowie's than looking up questions for Survivor. :nerd: :D

AP Panther Fan
07-06-2007, 10:06 AM
No kidding!! There doesn't seem to be alot of interest this year. I'd rather start voting on the Lowie's than looking up questions for Survivor. :nerd: :D

I can't participate because you guys do this during the evening. Between softball, gymnastics and other "stuff" it is hard for me to commit to being available. :(

....but I do enjoy trying to keep up with and cheer on my favorites.;)

Adidas410s
07-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I wanted to let everybody know that due to numerous "off the board" activities that I won't have the time needed to effectively run Survivor this summer. If anybody is interested in taking over...please contact the mods and/or Sinton Fan about helping out. I apologize for the inconvenience... :(

carter08
07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
We should have 3ADL Big Brother

Whoever gets the question right first gets HOH. They nominate 2 people for eviction. Everyone votes.

I'd so be in charge of that.

CHS_CG
07-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by carter08
We should have 3ADL Big Brother

Whoever gets the question right first gets HOH. They nominate 2 people for eviction. Everyone votes.

I'd so be in charge of that.

You'd have to fight me for it I love BB more than you do

carter08
07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
You'd have to fight me for it I love BB more than you do

ok.

are you going to be in charge then?

CHS_CG
07-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by carter08
ok.