PDA

View Full Version : Can You Break the Record?

Buccaneer
06-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Woman ties blood alcohol record of 0.50

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) -- A Pierce County woman apparently tied a record for the amount of alcohol in her blood when the Washington State Patrol toxicology lab measured a blood-alcohol content of 0.50 two hours after she was arrested for investigation of drunken driving.

Ann Marie Gordon, manager of the lab in Seattle, said the reading - more than six times the legal limit of 0.08 - tied the highest level ever found by technicians at the patrol's lab. A King County driver also registered 0.50 on a blood test in 2000, Gordon said.

"It certainly would kill many people," she said.

The average blood-alcohol content of drunken drivers stopped in Washington is about 0.15, Gordon added.

Rebecca G. Lingbloom, 45, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol on May 10. Authorities contended in an affidavit that she nearly hit a pedestrian that day and was seen swerving all over the road.

A Pierce County sheriff's deputy later found her passed out behind the wheel of her car in the Summit area, the affidavit states.

Deputy Prosecutor Bradley Moericke pointed out that Lingbloom was arrested for investigation of drunken driving twice in the 1990s, and asked District Court Judge Frank Dacca to jail her in lieu of $20,000 bail. Moericke also asked that Lingbloom be monitored with an electronic bracelet that would record her movements should she make bail.

Dacca declined both requests after Lingbloom told him she enrolled in a six-month treatment program for alcohol abuse not long after her arrest. Public defender Clarence Henderson told the judge he called the clinic before Wednesday's hearing and confirmed that Lingbloom was enrolled.

Dacca said he didn't want to jeopardize Lingbloom's treatment by sending her to jail. He did require that she continue her program and report to court July 24 for another hearing.

lostaussie
06-21-2007, 08:19 PM
if i am not mistaken, and i will not tell how i know, a .48 means you are usually dead.

zebrablue2
06-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
if i am not mistaken, and i will not tell how i know, a .48 means you are usually dead.

Close to it. This woman is a drinking hog. My question is, how in the world do you plead not guilty? What a world......

burnet44
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
from the internet

Blood Alcohol Level
Affect On Body

Slight mood changes

Lowered inhibition, impaired judgment, decreased rational decision-making abilities.

Legally drunk, deterioration of reaction time and control.

Impaired balance, movement, and coordination. Difficulty standing, walking, talking.

Decreased pain and sensation. Erratic emotions.

Diminished reflexes. Semi-consciousness.

Loss of consciousness. Very limited reflexes. Anesthetic effects.

Death!

Caution: Death has been documented to occur at levels as low as 0.35! Don't take the chance of reaching this level!

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Well last time I was arrested my BAC was .24 and I nearly had my stomach pumped. Well it pumped itself, over and over.

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 10:13 PM
at .05 is when they say you should just hand the keys over... at .04 you can get a DWI in Texas if you're driving a semi...

I was .11... .16 is the average in Texas when a DWI is given, and your fine to get your license back increases .16 and beyond...

sinton66
06-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
at .05 is when they say you should just hand the keys over... at .04 you can get a DWI in Texas if you're driving a semi...

I was .11... .16 is the average in Texas when a DWI is given, and your fine to get your license back increases .16 and beyond...

And the third offense is a felony.

Emerson1
06-21-2007, 11:30 PM
.50 TWO hours after she was arrested? Wouldn't if of done down some by then?

JasperDog94
06-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
.50 TWO hours after she was arrested? Wouldn't if of done down some by then? You would think so.

charlesrixey
06-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
.50 TWO hours after she was arrested? Wouldn't if of done down some by then?

they say the equivalent amount of alcohol in 1 drink (shot, beer or 5 oz of wine) is processed through your system in one hour, so dependent upon her H/W, and her being female (alcohol has greater effects on women, regardless of their level of tolerance) we can assume that whatever amount of drinks it took her to get to .50, add 2 drinks to that

i can only imagine what level of consciousness she was in at that point. Even if she could physically see, she couldn't have seen much, or even known where she was, much less remember it the next day