PDA

View Full Version : Milton Bradley Designated for Assignment

District303aPastPlayer
06-21-2007, 05:17 PM
what does this mean :confused: :confused:

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 05:20 PM
that they're sending some toys down to the farm team?

LH Panther Mom
06-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Not enough info, but I'm thinking it might mean someone has given them an assignment to make a certain type of game. If "whoever" likes, then it will be produced. :thinking: :confused: Maybe??????

Emerson1
06-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Milton Bradley is a real MLB player.

"The A's made a curious move today by designating Milton Bradley for assignment. The oft-troubled outfielder has played in just 19 games this year due to three separate stints on the disabled list, and the San Francisco Chronicle reports that he was upset about not being activated from the DL earlier this week. Given the A's crowded outfield situation, Bradley wasn't going to be guaranteed any at-bats even after being activated, so the A's decided to head-off any potential conflict by simply taking him out of the equation."

LH Panther Mom
06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Milton Bradley is a real MLB player.

:doh: :doh: :doh: You learn something new every day.

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I know he's a real player, I was just hoping that D303app was joking around with his name...

I know what designated for assignment means... you have an assignment to improve your game in the little league... if not there you are assigned to t-ball... if not there you get stuck back in your mother's womb and we make her change your name when you come back out...

Buccaneer
06-21-2007, 05:29 PM
The A's have 10 days to trade or release Bradley. Because he has more than three years of major league service time, Bradley can refuse an assignment to the minor leagues.

District303aPastPlayer
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
The A's have 10 days to trade or release Bradley. Because he has more than three years of major league service time, Bradley can refuse an assignment to the minor leagues.

thanks