PDA

View Full Version : Texas A & M tuition to rise 3.5%

luvhoops34
06-21-2007, 05:08 PM
June 21, 2007, 1:17PM

Texas A&M tuition to rise 5.3 percent in fall

Texas A&M University officials have raised the system's tuition rates by 5.3 percent, or $10.30 per credit hour, for the fall semester.

University officials portrayed the increase in a news release today as "slight" and "smaller than usual," but it outstrips the nation's 3.15 inflation rate by more than 2 percentage points, according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The increase is smaller than the initial increase approved in March. The Board of Regents voted then to increase fall 2007 tuition by 13 percent. That figure was lowered, university officials say, because of higher state appropriations to the Texas A&M system and "prudent institutional budgeting."

The new Texas A&M University system tuition rates for a full-time course load for a Texas resident, combined with mandatory fees, will be $3,667, up from the current $3,483, according to university spokesman Lane Stephenson.

Officials said the tuition increase, combined with increased appropriations from the state legislature, will help pay for a faculty expansion program, merit pay increases and student retention and recruitment programs.

DDBooger
06-21-2007, 05:24 PM
sux, i pay an extra 150 dollars a class for online course!:confused: bunch of crap! and id card fee every semester but have to pay for a new one if i lose it. have you ever looked at the things you pay and say, WTH is that?

sahen
06-21-2007, 05:44 PM
wow...that is cheap...i was paying around 15 grand or so a year i think for tuition and fees at baylor....i didnt realize it was that much less at A&M

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by sahen
wow...that is cheap...i was paying around 15 grand or so a year i think for tuition and fees at baylor....i didnt realize it was that much less at A&M

well no crap, you learn more important things at baylor... you learn how to stick your hand up a cows rear at A&M... my uncle will let me learn that for free...

sahen
06-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
well no crap, you learn more important things at baylor... you learn how to stick your hand up a cows rear at A&M... my uncle will let me learn that for free...
ur lookin to pick a fight today hunh gobbla?

No Show Jones
06-21-2007, 05:57 PM
well no crap, you learn more important things at baylor... you learn how to stick your hand up a cows rear at A&M... my uncle will let me learn that for free... http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/popcorn.gif

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 06:18 PM
ur lookin to pick a fight today hunh gobbla?

I love A&M man... gotta give Gary and Talena and their biggest fan kepdawg a hard time...

burnet44
06-21-2007, 06:33 PM

Baylor was 23,000 a semester books tutition fees

THATS why mine is going to UNT

I dont make the money like you guys go

also
you might check this out

may not be like this anymore

there used to be a freahman fee of 15 bucks at ASU
I have no reason why
anyway its refundable
but no one knows

I went back my last semester and got it back
no tell how much money and intrest they got from all those years

check your fee schedule
you might be able to get some back

its a start

UNT will run me 6 grand for everything each semester

yeah she has a job lol

sahen
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Baylor was 23,000 a semester books tutition fees

THATS why mine is going to UNT

I dont make the money like you guys go

oh..yah when i started i think it was around 15...it went up every year about 2,000 bucks which was ridiculous....i just thought the little tuition hike at a&m seemed funny compared to what i was used to....

i paid for my own though...ur kid should be happy ur paying, i have a crapload to pay back now thanks to baylor, but also thanks to baylor i got a pretty good paying job so i guess i cant complain too much....

carter08
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
gotta give Gary a hard time...

thats not fair.

he can't respond to your hard time

luvhoops34
06-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by carter08
thats not fair.

It's his own fault that he can't respond....:rolleyes:

rockdale80
06-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
It's his own fault that he can't respond....:rolleyes:

Way to sound important....good job.

DDBooger
06-21-2007, 06:56 PM
It's his own fault that he can't respond....:rolleyes: what did he do?

luvhoops34
06-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
what did he do?

He acted like the immature 19 yr old that he is. :D

rockdale80
06-21-2007, 07:09 PM

Now you sound really official.

luvhoops34
06-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Now you sound really official.

Why thank you! And you sound just like Gary's brother....or Gary.:D

rockdale80
06-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Why thank you! And you sound just like Gary's brother....or Gary.:D

Its no secret who I am

luvhoops34
06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Its no secret who I am

Hey Gary, sup foo?:D

carter08
06-21-2007, 07:23 PM

At least he's getting his immaturity out of the way at a young age

luvhoops34
06-21-2007, 07:25 PM
At least he's getting his immaturity out of the way at a young age

True that Carter. And for young men, it's always better to get that BS out of the way because WOMEN really dislike immaturity in a man. It's a BIG turnoff. ;)

DDBooger
06-21-2007, 07:26 PM
True that Carter. And for young men, it's always better to get that BS out of the way because WOMEN really dislike immaturity in a man. It's a BIG turnoff. ;) add $$ to the equation and even if he's still deucin his diapers it won't matter ;) haha j/k

luvhoops34
06-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
add $$ to the equation and even if he's still deucin his diapers it won't matter ;) haha j/k

Uh no. I want a man, not a baby. :)

No Show Jones
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Uh no. I want a man, not a baby. :) Not if the baby is making a 6 figure paycheck a year :D

carter08
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Uh no. I want a man, not a baby. :)

Michael Jackson is just the opposite

zebrablue2
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
looks like they are gonna get just a little more of my money.

DDBooger
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Uh no. I want a man, not a baby. :) haha

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
thats not fair.

just found out he was ROM... I believe I made this post prior to his rom'n... that sucks

Bull Butter
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
just found out he was ROM... I believe I made this post prior to his rom'n... that sucks

He got ROM'd for something in chat............how often does that happen???

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
He got ROM'd for something in chat............how often does that happen???

it's happened a coupla times I think

rockdale80
06-21-2007, 07:53 PM
it's happened a coupla times I think

Probably something he said and someone got all bent out of shape about it and went off crying to the mods. Hopefully he gets a reprieve like most people do.

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Probably something he said and someone got all bent out of shape about it and went off crying to the mods. Hopefully he gets a reprieve like most people do.

no tellin', we've had some criers in the day, but from what I could tell me may have said something about mods (Matt: "comes back to bite you") while one was "ghosting" in the room...

he should be allowed back some time if what was said wasn't too bad, he's a good citizen...

Rock on Gary

eagles_victory
06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Probably something he said and someone got all bent out of shape about it and went off crying to the mods. Hopefully he gets a reprieve like most people do. depends on how bad it was... the fact that he has been close before probably wont help his cause but i do hate to see him go

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
but i do hate to see him go

but aggiejohn loves to watch him leave

Buccaneer
06-21-2007, 08:21 PM
A&M-CC students to pay 9.6% more next fall

Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi students who take a 12-hour courseload will pay 9.6 percent, or about $213, more in tuition and fees than they did last fall, university officials announced Tuesday.

Designated tuition for full-time students -- those who take 12 or more course hours a semester -- will increase by a flat rate of $112 per semester in the fall, with part-time students seeing an $8-per-credit-hour increase.

The tuition increase, approved by university officials last week, coupled with fee increases, means a student taking 12 hours will pay $213 more, or $2,448, than he or she would have for the same number of classes last fall.

Students taking 11 hours in the fall will pay $189 more -- or $2,112 -- than they would have paid for that courseload last fall.

University President Flavius Killebrew said that without additional legislative funding, tuition increases are necessary to address a growing enrollment and other increasing costs. The university's population has increased steadily since 1990, going from 3,814 students that fall to 8,173 last spring. Student enrollment helps determine how much funding the state provides.

"Next session, my No. 1 priority will be to encourage legislators to increase the amount of money they put into formulas," he said. "(Increasing tuition) is a continuing hardship on families."

The tuition increases are coupled with an $8-per-credit-hour recreational sports fee increase that is capped at $90 each semester, a new $1-per-credit-hour student endowment fee and a 60-cents-per-hour athletic fee increase to $12.60 per hour. That fee is capped at $164 a semester.

Eliot Chenaux, vice president for student affairs, said caps on the tuition and fees are meant to encourage students to take larger class loads with the goal of graduating within four years.

"We want more students to take more hours and graduate earlier," he said. "Certainly the administration is aware of cost to our students, and we try to keep costs down. But we don't have much alternative -- we're a growing institution."

About 70 percent of A&M-Corpus Christi students pay for expenses using some form of financial aid.

A&M-Corpus Christi business administration student Ricky Roberts said he relies on his parents to pay for his education but has taken out student loans. Aside from his formal education in business, he said he has learned some real-world financial lessons while attending the university.

"Man, I'm broke as a joke," he said. "I'm on my way to cash change at H-E-B."

He added, however, that he believes a college education is worth rising expenses.

"It's just life," he said. "If you go to college, it's something prestigious. It costs money."

The recreational sports fee increase, approved by students in a March referendum, will pay maintenance and operations expenses for a campus wellness center under construction. The endowment fee, also approved in that vote, will fund an account officials expect to use in about five years for scholarships and internships.

The university could have approved a tuition increase of as much as $17 per credit hour, as approved by Texas A&M System Board of Regents in March. Texas A&M University-Kingsville approved an $8-per-credit-hour tuition increase earlier this month.

burnet44
06-21-2007, 08:52 PM
the price you pay when you get taken over

ASU will certainly be higher
PPU has the highest STATE tuition of all the STATE schools
I was told by an ASU coach

many schools are increasing
they deregulated it and its gone up ever since

here at MCC Gov. Good Hair cut theirs 2.5 million
they will have to make up the difference somehow

I would advise all
get your kids in dual credit classes
college and hs at the same time
yes you have to pay for it but
you can get some credits BEFORE they increase prices
mine has 26 hrs of credit from MCC
cost us about 1200
try to get 26 hrs for that price
plus she will be a soph at semester
and maybe a junior by next summer
so we can get her out in 3
saves a year on my dime

and

get them to be good in school
Ill give mine credit
she has paid for all of hers so far
it may cost me 1000 or so
cuz she has academic money from UNT
and if the athletic departmen will throw a lil in
she may be free

all those years of working hard is paying off for her AND ME

its always cheaper now

I havent seen a price reduction have you?