View Full Version : 24 3A football

Uncle Buck
06-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Whos going to finish where?

Can Sweeny Repeat?
How will WC respond to change?
Where does wharton fit in?
Can Needsville take it all?
Sealy, Royal, Stafford, Columbus are on the rise?

Any body wanna take a shot at who will finish where and by how much????

Remeber....when in doubt.....more cow bell.

Antec
06-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Needville
Sweeny
Columbia
Wharton
Columbus
Stafford
Sealy
Royal

maestro
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
AHHHHHH

knew that we had gone too long without debating this district again...

it's needville....sweeny......and the " others"...

although when i read TEXAS FOOTBALL , i did not realize that wharton has such numbers back on the defensive side of the ball....

Uncle Buck
06-21-2007, 06:04 PM
The others?

Dude

Wharton is always loaded.

Sealy has much Talent.

Royal had the largest oline in district last year with many coming back.

Stafford also always has talent.

Columbia, yes Flannel is gone but, they are getting many kids back.

Columbus will be big as always.

Sweeny is Tankless.

Needville......they should take it all this year......however I said that last year as well. We all know how that turned out.

rancher
06-21-2007, 07:41 PM
The Messiah, Jimmy Mitchell has arrived in Sealy. With the district being weaker, he will deliver them to the promise land, a berth in the playoffs. Just go to the school now, in the moring and afternoon and see for yourself how he has established a work ethic that has been lacking.

Uncle Buck
06-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by rancher
The Messiah, Jimmy Mitchell has arrived in Sealy. With the district being weaker, he will deliver them to the promise land, a berth in the playoffs. Just go to the school now, in the moring and afternoon and see for yourself how he has established a work ethic that has been lacking.

Weaker District?

What is up with that Rancher?

fireman1
06-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Needville
Sweeny
Wharton
Columbia
Columbus
Stafford
Sealy
Royal

as for Jimmy Mitchell I dont think one person can do everything for the team but thats just me... the district has gotten alittle weaker but not enough for one team to go through with ease... I think Needville will take it but we'll see what happens... Wharton lost some key players but has alot of players comming back and comming up from JV and Freshman... and everybody likes to talk about this district because its always a toss up

rancher
06-22-2007, 06:38 AM
There is no way that this district will be as strong as it was last year. Outside of Needville, there is no front runner. Look at what happen in Wharton and Columbia with the coaching changes. Columbus is lacking in talent, Sweeney lost a lot. Royal is that mystery team. Sealy has the messiah now and there will be a resurrection from the dead of the Sealy Football tradition. Yes one man can make a difference and he is doing that.

maestro
06-22-2007, 11:21 AM
it would not surprise me to see sealy leap frog some of the schools in this district.

pride.....tradition......awesome facilities...

i figured they'd be a tad young.......super soph class...

zebrablue2
06-22-2007, 08:14 PM
sealy is 1 year away. will lose some close games this year because of lack of experience. next year they will make their move.

tigerpride_08
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
what is Sealy planning to do with the returning QB...

Antec
06-22-2007, 10:59 PM
UIL Will revamp this district come realignment time-like they did two year ago

Will put Whaton back in Region IV again

Its their trent

Could be back with Palacios and maybe Edna if they move back to 3A

Sealy could be in with Bellville and Columbus

So wharton district would be

Palacios
Needville
Stafford
Royal
Wharton
Sweeny
Columbia

Edna
Gonzales
Cuero
Yoakum
Goliad
Luling

pirate4state
06-22-2007, 11:22 PM
The Messiah, Jimmy Mitchell has arrived in Sealy. With the district being weaker, he will deliver them to the promise land, a berth in the playoffs. Just go to the school now, in the moring and afternoon and see for yourself how he has established a work ethic that has been lacking. :thinking: I love this, The Messiah. I wish Mitchell all the best, but that is alot of pressure - calling someone the Messiah. haha.

Thinking about watching the La Grange/Sealy game this year, just cause. I'll have to schedule an appt to visit with "The Messiah" ROFL!

Good Luck Mitchell!!!

Uncle Buck
06-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Antec
UIL Will revamp this district come realignment time-like they did two year ago

Will put Whaton back in Region IV again

Its their trent

Could be back with Palacios and maybe Edna if they move back to 3A

Sealy could be in with Bellville and Columbus

So wharton district would be

Palacios
Needville
Stafford
Royal
Wharton
Sweeny
Columbia

Edna
Gonzales
Cuero
Yoakum
Goliad
Luling

I could see royal going with Sealy and Columbus.

carter08
06-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Columbia
Needville
Wharton
Sweeny
Royal
Sealy
Columbus
Stafford

I have no idea why I have Royal so high. Just a feeling, I guess

Uncle Buck
06-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Columbia
Needville
Wharton
Sweeny
Royal
Sealy
Columbus
Stafford

Really?

Why?

carter08
06-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Buck
Really?

Why?

Last year was thier first year in 3A. I think they will really improve after having a year to prepare for thier second year in 3A.

Uncle Buck
06-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I can see that but why WC, WHarton and Needville over the rest?

tigerpride_08
06-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I can see that but why WC, WHarton and Needville over the rest?

maybe because 2 of the teams were in the playoffs last year and the other one could of been....

carter08
06-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
maybe because 2 of the teams were in the playoffs last year and the other one could of been....

Exactly.

Uncle Buck
06-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Ok, but both of those teams will have new head coaches. Columbia lost alot this last year and Wharton lost several Great Football players. Sealy with a new coach will be in the Hunt after several dissapointing years. Columbus is returning many kids and should be better this year. Stafford always has the potential. I guess what I was looking for was a reason why you chose those teams. Playoffs I guess being that reason.

charlesrixey
06-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Ok, but both of those teams will have new head coaches. Columbia lost alot this last year and Wharton lost several Great Football players. Sealy with a new coach will be in the Hunt after several dissapointing years. Columbus is returning many kids and should be better this year. Stafford always has the potential. I guess what I was looking for was a reason why you chose those teams. Playoffs I guess being that reason.

'past performance not a guarantee of future results'

what does Columbia have coming back this year that will put them in the post-season?

from here it doesn't look like much

carter08
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
'past performance not a guarantee of future results'

what does Columbia have coming back this year that will put them in the post-season?

from here it doesn't look like much

2 good RB's, a talented OL, a young QB with a lot of potential.

And the most important factor, respect for each other.

Uncle Buck
06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Carter
How many starters will columbia be getting back?

Offense?

Defense?

carter08
06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Carter
How many starters will columbia be getting back?

Offense?

Defense?

Not sure of the exact numbers. They aren't high numbers. Lot of seniors are graduating. But there are a lot of players with varsity experience.

Uncle Buck
06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
You really do not like Sweeny, do you?

IHStangFan
06-28-2007, 04:31 PM
The others?

Dude

Wharton is always loaded.

Sealy has much Talent.

Royal had the largest oline in district last year with many coming back.

Stafford also always has talent.

Columbia, yes Flannel is gone but, they are getting many kids back.

Columbus will be big as always.

Sweeny is Tankless.

Needville......they should take it all this year......however I said that last year as well. We all know how that turned out. Wharton lost the only two play makers they had

Sealy has a brand spankin new coach which means learning a new system, etc. Call it a "rebuilding" year :D

Royal has the biggest o-line...big deal, where did it get them last year?

Stratford may have talent...but it doesn't appear to be being coached correctly if they DO in fact have it

Columbia, yes, Flannel-less...which means they don't have much, saw what they looked like last year against Wharton without him...they looked pathetic

Columbus..yes big...but a bit like Royal...slow as well

Sweeny IS Tank-less...agreed, nuff said.

Needville WOULD seem to be a one man show...but what team in this district ISN'T or wasn't last year....Sweeny=Tank Show, Wharton = Ansley Show, WC = J. Flannel Show....

fireman1
06-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Wharton is going to have to work harder this year to advance to the playoffs but they can do it... they play harder as the underdog anyway its gonna be a tough race to the finish but Wharton will make the playoffs Im not sayin they are gonna be D-champs but there are 3 spots and they will fill one of those spots up

Uncle Buck
06-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe, new coach, new system. Thats going to be hard for those guys to pick up in 3 non district games.

Columbia, Sweeny and Neeville will all be running the same offense and defense they have run for the last few years.

tigerpride_08
06-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Maybe, new coach, new system. Thats going to be hard for those guys to pick up in 3 non district games.

Columbia, Sweeny and Neeville will all be running the same offense and defense they have run for the last few years.

we're not changing our offense that much...different spots for the recievers if anything...just what the plays are called...

Uncle Buck
07-03-2007, 01:25 AM
we're not changing our offense that much...different spots for the recievers if anything...just what the plays are called...

Your not changing the offense, just spots for the recievers and what you call the plays? Isnt that changing the offense?

g$$
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Columbia
Needville
Wharton
Sweeny
Royal
Sealy
Columbus
Stafford

Good Lord, don't be afraid to go with blind loyalty, huh? You would pick WC against the '85 Bears!

My picks:

1. Needville = on paper team to beat; lots of kids are back & quality RB sure helps too; can they handle the hype?
2. Sweeny = lost a lot, but system/coaches under Coach Z firmly in place & some good parts returning; don't sleep on the 'Dogs
3. Sealy = guess we'll see but hear they have some talent & new attitude on I-10
4. Wharton = new coach but always have talent; probably play spoiler this year
5. Columbia = lots of turnover & lost a lot too; too much to overcome & lack of speed after some really good classes
6. Royal = big but it ends there; fun band to watch though!
7. Columbus = any Schobel boys on the way?
8. Stafford = enough said

neck_06
07-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Good Lord, don't be afraid to go with blind loyalty, huh? You would pick WC against the '85 Bears!

My picks:

1. Needville = on paper team to beat; lots of kids are back & quality RB sure helps too
2. Sweeny = lost a lot, but system/coaches under Coach Z firmly in place & some good parts returning; don't sleep on the 'Dogs
3. Sealy = guess we'll see but hear they have some talent & new attitude on I-10
4. Wharton = new coach but always have talent; probably play spoiler this year
5. Columbia = lots of turnover & lost a lot too; too much to overcome & lack of speed after some good classes
6. Royal = big but it ends there
7. Columbus = any Schobel boys on the way?
8. Stafford = enough said

these picks look a little more realistic than carter's...

neck_06
07-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Columbia
Needville
Wharton
Sweeny
Royal
Sealy
Columbus
Stafford

ya right buddy.....no chance.

g$$
07-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
ya right buddy.....no chance.

And he knows these kids far better than I do. Carter, Vegas is calling you ASAP!

Neck_06: you have to remember that Carter is the guy who said Sam McGuffie was overrated too (after Pearland keyed on him & beat them in the playoffs, but he still topped 100 yds.). You know the kid at Cy Fair in Houston rated as the TOP multi-purpose running back in the country by Rivals & others. Has offers coast to coast right now, including every Big 12 school, USC, etc. That Carter knows his stuff!!

rancher
07-03-2007, 09:30 AM
The messiah, Jimmy Mitchell, has already worked a miracle, look at his schedule, all of the tough district games (Needville, Sweeny, Columbia) are on his home turf. The work ethic being established by him will produce big results, look for this team to be in the playoffs. If the chips fall right, on the home turf, they could win the district.

wedo
07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
The messiah, Jimmy Mitchell, has already worked a miracle, look at his schedule, all of the tough district games (Needville, Sweeny, Columbia) are on his home turf. The work ethic being established by him will produce big results, look for this team to be in the playoffs. If the chips fall right, on the home turf, they could win the district.

Jimmy Mitchell is by far an excellent coach, but people can't expect him to work magic, I saw Sealy play last year. But on the other hand if he has the team and the entire community thinking that he can, then Sealy might be a team to watch. Although IMO Needville is still the front runner on paper right now!

Uncle Buck
07-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Jimmy Mitchell is by far an excellent coach, but people can't expect him to work magic, I saw Sealy play last year. But on the other hand if he has the team and the entire community thinking that he can, then Sealy might be a team to watch. Although IMO Needville is still the front runner on paper right now!

Schedule was already set, but knowing Sealy they will have four extra players on the Field as they do for all home games.

fireman1
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM

So what you're sayin is that Wharton has no chance against Sealy... and as far as a miracle thats because they played Needville, Sweeny, and Columbia at their fields last year haha no coincidence there.... I see it as Needville, Sweeny, and Wharton going to the playoffs

pancho villa
07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I am glad we are going to play the games, or our team won't have a chance.

tigerpride_08
07-03-2007, 10:56 AM

i can already promise you'll have to win 2 of those games to even be in the hunt for playoffs and i don't see that happening...and plus i believe we play @ Sealy this year...im just not set on Sealy being a force in our district yet...maybe next year...

neck_06
07-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa

haha, so true.

carter08
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Ok. I'll put the homerism aside for a second.

1. Needville- They have Thaddeus
2. Wharton
3. Columbia
4. Sweeny
5. Sealy
6. Royal
7. Columbus
8. Stafford

The only reason I have Sweeny 4th is that they play Columbia at Griggs. That game is for 3rd place. If it was in Sweeny, then I 'd have Sweeny 3rd and Columbia 4th.

g$$
07-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Ok. I'll put the homerism aside for a second.

1. Needville- They have Thaddeus
2. Wharton
3. Columbia
4. Sweeny
5. Sealy
6. Royal
7. Columbus
8. Stafford

The only reason I have Sweeny 4th is that they play Columbia at Griggs. That game is for 3rd place. If it was in Sweeny, then I 'd have Sweeny 3rd and Columbia 4th.

Now that is more logical & might even happen. I still say the Dub sits out postseason this year though.

That's why you play the games, right?

themsu97
07-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I am glad that Pancho gets to eat so he can get fatter

g$$
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by themsu97

At a baseball game (his favorite sport) or just at Lucy's?

pancho villa
07-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by themsu97

At least I'm over 5 feet tall!

pancho villa
07-03-2007, 05:55 PM
At least I'm over 5 feet tall!

And baseball is still the gayest sport ever.

g$$
07-03-2007, 06:18 PM

That's un-American, esp. around the 4th of July!

scotty
07-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I have to admit there is excitement among the Sealy kids. Went by there the other day and the gym was full of kids working out. One of the coaches said that they were having between 100-140 show up every day to work out…that includes junior high kids. They are working hard on agility, strength and quickness and there is an excitement among the kids. The past several years the Sealy kids played hard but just weren’t very big, nor physical. The lower grades are again having some of the bigger boys. They finished 2-8 last year, and will face the same tough schedule. They start with Bellville, Rice and La Grange in pre-district and then jump into district play. Looking back, Sealy went 3-7 the first year Mills was their coach and the next 14 years never had another losing season. However, that 3-7 team was energized and lost several real close games and the next year they were 8-1. Look for Sealy to be energized once more, but considering the schedule I just hope Tiger fans don’t expect too much too soon.

tigerpride_08
07-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I have to admit there is excitement among the Sealy kids. Went by there the other day and the gym was full of kids working out. One of the coaches said that they were having between 100-140 show up every day to work out…that includes junior high kids. They are working hard on agility, strength and quickness and there is an excitement among the kids. The past several years the Sealy kids played hard but just weren’t very big, nor physical. The lower grades are again having some of the bigger boys. They finished 2-8 last year, and will face the same tough schedule. They start with Bellville, Rice and La Grange in pre-district and then jump into district play. Looking back, Sealy went 3-7 the first year Mills was their coach and the next 14 years never had another losing season. However, that 3-7 team was energized and lost several real close games and the next year they were 8-1. Look for Sealy to be energized once more, but considering the schedule I just hope Tiger fans don’t expect too much too soon.

i see Bellville beating them...aren't they suppose to be better:thinking:thinking: ...but also Rice led by QB Cook could win too...i can't really predict our district, but pre-district will show alot...

Uncle Buck
07-04-2007, 01:06 AM

Oh sure..."VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!!"

Uncle Buck
07-04-2007, 01:08 AM

That would be Golf......If it was a sport.

rancher
07-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Bellville vs Sealy will be a hard fought game and it is being played in Sealy, the messiah could work his magic there. He does have one notch on his belt as he was at Sinton when they beat Bellville in the playoffs a few years back. Bellville will have a good ground game, but there passing game will be very very lacking. Unsure of the defense for Bellville, but QB is going to be there weak point. Rice can be beaten by Sealy, all they have is a tall QB with a strong arm. They will not have the speed to match Sealy. LaGrange is going to be way down, this is a Sealy win. Sealy could be 3-0 going into district with the tough district games being played on their home turf. Take it to the bank, the Messiah will have the Tigers playoff bound if not the district champs.

Uncle Buck
07-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Bellville vs Sealy will be a hard fought game and it is being played in Sealy, the messiah could work his magic there. He does have one notch on his belt as he was at Sinton when they beat Bellville in the playoffs a few years back. Bellville will have a good ground game, but there passing game will be very very lacking. Unsure of the defense for Bellville, but QB is going to be there weak point. Rice can be beaten by Sealy, all they have is a tall QB with a strong arm. They will not have the speed to match Sealy. LaGrange is going to be way down, this is a Sealy win. Sealy could be 3-0 going into district with the tough district games being played on their home turf. Take it to the bank, the Messiah will have the Tigers playoff bound if not the district champs.

Could be.

tigerpride_08
07-04-2007, 03:07 PM
i dunno who has more hype now...Needville or Sealy...:D

charlesrixey
07-04-2007, 04:49 PM

Needville

nobody REALLY expects anything from the tigers this year, which is probably a good thing

its always better to exceed low expectations than fail to meet high ones

Needville will probably be very good this year and Sealy will probably finish around 5-5 or 6-4

carter08
07-04-2007, 04:59 PM

Needville's expectations are too high.
they can't exceed them. they can only be met or failed.

no one really expects sealy to do anything.
as CR said, 5-5 or 6-4 would be exceeding all the expectations.

this is what i see from Sealy this year.

Bellville- loss.
Rice- loss.
la grange- loss.

they have to grow before they can win. the start will be very shaky, but they'll get it together later.

wharton- loss. 0-4
Columbus- WIN 1-4
Needville- loss. 1-5
Sweeny- win. keeps Bulldogs out pf playoffs. 2-5
Royal- loss. Royal surprises Sealy and ends high hopes. 2-6
Columbia- loss. Sealy comes in with 6 losses and quickly losing hope.
Stafford. win. Season ends on high note.

3-7. Not great. But it can easily be worse if Sweeny wins. MIGHT beat Rice and/ or la Grange. Best hope is 5-5. If they beat Sweeny, they lose to Columbia. If they beat Columbia, they lose to Sweeny. Don't see them winning both of those games.

fireman1
07-04-2007, 05:00 PM

I would have to say Needville has more hype right now because they are talking about district champions all Sealy has right now is the "Messiah" and they are still outta the top 3 teams in the district

zebrablue2
07-04-2007, 05:49 PM
sealy has a good freshman class coming in. the soph. class also
has done well. this is why I keep saying they are one year away.
they may surprise some people this year, only time will tell. as far
as winning the district in 2007. no way. playoffs would be the best
they can hope for.

Uncle Buck
07-04-2007, 11:01 PM

Bellville- loss.
Rice- loss.
la grange- loss.

they have to grow before they can win. the start will be very shaky, but they'll get it together later.

wharton- loss. 0-4
Columbus- WIN 1-4
Needville- loss. 1-5

3-7. Not great. But it can easily be worse if Sweeny wins. MIGHT beat Rice and/ or la Grange. Best hope is 5-5. If they beat Sweeny, they lose to Columbia. If they beat Columbia, they lose to Sweeny. Don't see them winning both of those games.

Dude I think you have Sweeny Issues. They lose to La Grange and Royal but beat the DOGS?

Crow22
07-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
I would have to say Needville has more hype right now because they are talking about district champions all Sealy has right now is the "Messiah" and they are still outta the top 3 teams in the district

Funny thing is....nobody FROM Needville is on here talking smack about winning ANYthing.

We simply expect to play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

Its the folks from all the other towns making these predictions. This district is WAY too competitive to say who will win and who won't....

carter08
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Dude I think you have Sweeny Issues. They lose to La Grange and Royal but beat the DOGS?

Sealy plays spoiler. Either Columbia or Sweeny will lose to them. Right now I think it's Sweeny.

Gobbla2001
07-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Funny thing is....nobody FROM Needville is on here talking smack about winning ANYthing.

cuz there aint no one from Needville on here... haha

just messin' with you... went through your ole neck of the woods this past weekend, water all over the place...

fireman1
07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
there is water all over Texas right now ha

Gobbla2001
07-05-2007, 12:48 PM
there is water all over Texas right now ha

this is true...

fireman1
07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
to tell you the truth I wont have a problem if it didnt rain for the rest of the summer

Uncle Buck
07-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Anyone spotted animals marching two by two.

Its about time to start building an ARC.

mac77
07-05-2007, 07:19 PM
It may take a bushhog to cut my grass by the time it dries out!

IHStangFan
07-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
cuz there aint no one from Needville on here... haha

just messin' with you... went through your ole neck of the woods this past weekend, water all over the place... !!BUZZ!! WRONG!! take a look at my avatar......Needville, Guy...same same. :D

Uncle Buck
07-05-2007, 10:44 PM
NEED more Cow Bell!!!!!

So does the Needville Faithful always protect the Bell, if the Jays fall in Battle?

fireman1
07-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Ive always wanted to ring that bell when we beat them but our coach will never let us:D

Uncle Buck
07-06-2007, 12:03 AM
I think Pancho has rang that bell before.

fireman1
07-06-2007, 03:46 PM
maybe next time wharton plays there someone will ring it

tigerpride_08
07-06-2007, 07:18 PM
maybe next time wharton plays there someone will ring it

since i've been in High School the bell hasn't been rung while i was playing...not meaning Varsity wise, but fresh-varsity...

themsu97
07-06-2007, 08:44 PM
he has rang the bell and definitely raised the flag... big fattiee

JDOG
07-07-2007, 05:30 PM
The "Bell" will be rang often this year. Many Shiners will be drunken. Much sausage and kolaches will be devoured. The fighting Jays will be awesome. It is the Year Of The Jays. Let the celebration at the KJSVZT Hall begin!

zebrablue2
07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
The "Bell" will be rang often this year. Many Shiners will be drunken. Much sausage and kolaches will be devoured. The fighting Jays will be awesome. It is the Year Of The Jays. Let the celebration at the KJSVZT Hall begin!

you are sure?

Uncle Buck
07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
So let it be written, so let it be done.........

Jays Attack!!!!!!!!

Hey where is a good place to get a Koloche in the Friendly Town of blue bird haven.

tigerpride_08
07-08-2007, 02:08 PM

they can ring the bells as many times as they want but it won't make a difference if they don't make playoffs...and i know they possibility of them not making the playoffs are slim, but i remember them staying home last year...let's not get to cocky just yet...;)

IHStangFan
07-08-2007, 03:33 PM
they can ring the bells as many times as they want but it won't make a difference if they don't make playoffs...and i know they possibility of them not making the playoffs are slim, but i remember them staying home last year...let's not get to cocky just yet...;) not being cocky, just being logical. They are the only team in the district that isn't going through a coaching change, or dealing w/ the loss of a major key player. So it only makes sense that they are the early favorites. Anything can happen. Injury, etc. etc. But seriously, why would anyone BUT Needville be favored at this point?

fireman1
07-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
not being cocky, just being logical. They are the only team in the district that isn't going through a coaching change, or dealing w/ the loss of a major key player. So it only makes sense that they are the early favorites. Anything can happen. Injury, etc. etc. But seriously, why would anyone BUT Needville be favored at this point?

because its 24-3A

tigerpride_08
07-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
not being cocky, just being logical. They are the only team in the district that isn't going through a coaching change, or dealing w/ the loss of a major key player. So it only makes sense that they are the early favorites. Anything can happen. Injury, etc. etc. But seriously, why would anyone BUT Needville be favored at this point?

because they didn't make playoffs last year...and i understand where your coming from but as of right now i would stick to the 3 that made it to playoffs last year...yes they are the logical choice but the games not played on paper...

fireman1
07-09-2007, 01:12 AM
because they didn't make playoffs last year...and i understand where your coming from but as of right now i would stick to the 3 that made it to playoffs last year...yes they are the logical choice but the games not played on paper...

luckily they arent otherwise we would not have a chance:D

g$$
07-09-2007, 02:08 AM

Bellville- loss.
Rice- loss.
la grange- loss.

wharton- loss. 0-4
Columbus- WIN 1-4
Needville- loss. 1-5

Carter, please back away from the computer, take a deep breath & relax. You have Sweeny ENVY (multiple state titles in different sports) in the worst way. I know you are from the Dub, but my goodness.

Enjoy that ONE team state championship (softball) in your school's history & hope for better days ahead. It won't be this year either (although softball should be good again). All in fun!

JDOG
07-10-2007, 09:50 AM
So let it be written, so let it be done.........

Jays Attack!!!!!!!!

Hey where is a good place to get a Koloche in the Friendly Town of blue bird haven. In the school cafeteria on any morning. You can get two Poppy Seed kolaches and a Shiner for $2.25 or a bale of cotton!

Uncle Buck
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
In the school cafeteria on any morning. You can get two Poppy Seed kolaches and a Shiner for $2.25 or a bale of cotton!

What about cream Cheese?

scotty
07-10-2007, 06:31 PM
The numerous times we've been in Needville we've had a hard finding a nice eating place. The Subway was fine, but is there a place you can sit down order a good steak and drink a couple of Shiners while you wait? If so where? Thanks!

g$$
07-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by scotty
The numerous times we've been in Needville we've had a hard finding a nice eating place. The Subway was fine, but is there a place you can sit down order a good steak and drink a couple of Shiners while you wait? If so where? Thanks!

Good luck. Go on to Rosenberg or into SW Houston. Nice TX Roadhouse & others just built on HWY 59 near Pleak / outskirts of Rosenberg. We used to always eat at "The Place" for school activities over there. Nothing special but decent burger.