PDA

View Full Version : Question for you 3A Football Fans........

Fotbol
06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Your team has made it to the State Game, in the same city there's is a 5 State Game that begins 45 minutes after your 3A State Championship games starts. One of the teams in the 5A State Game is SLC, and you've would like to see them play, but you're game starts in 45 Minutes, and Waco ISD is normally 10 minutes away from Baylor, but due to the traffic, it will take you an 1 Hr to get there, What do you do?:thinking:

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 01:14 PM
go to my team's game... I've seen Blonde Power play before...

Fotbol
06-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
go to my team's game... I've seen Blonde Power play before... Yeah, what's up with the Blonde thing, is it unity, and the questions states that you haven't seen SLC play!

CHS_CG
06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
go to my team's game... I've seen Blonde Power play before...

ditto

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
I like the blonde deal, it is a unifying thing I believe... if not purposely it does unify them...

if I hadn't seen 'em play I'd still go see my team

Ranger Mom
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I've seen them play also.....but there is no way in "hades" that I would give up the chance to watch MY team play in the State Championship no matter WHO was playing anywhere else!!!

carter08
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I go see Columbia play.

LH Panther Mom
06-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I've seen them play also.....but there is no way in "hades" that I would give up the chance to watch MY team play in the State Championship no matter WHO was playing anywhere else!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

smustangs
06-21-2007, 01:41 PM
go watch my team play

coiled2strike
06-21-2007, 01:50 PM
definitely my team...mainly b/c it means i'm coaching in the state game, but also b/c they will show the slc game on tv...i'll catch it later

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-21-2007, 01:54 PM
If Port Isabel were playing in the 3A state title game, I would watch Port Isabel play, for 2 reasons.

1. Southlake Carroll's style of play bores me to no end.
2. Port Isabel's crowd would most likely be DOUBLE the size of the Southlake Carroll crowd. The difference? RIO GRANDE VALLEY! If there's just 1 team left, EVERYONE SUPPORTS THAT TEAM.

Fotbol
06-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
If Port Isabel were playing in the 3A state title game, I would watch Port Isabel play, for 2 reasons.

2. Port Isabel's crowd would most likely be DOUBLE the size of the Southlake Carroll crowd. The difference? RIO GRANDE VALLEY! If there's just 1 team left, EVERYONE SUPPORTS THAT TEAM.
I have to agree with you there, when Marlin vs Port Isabel played in the Alamo Dome in 02' I never saw so many folks at a game so early, in my life:eek: I mean the whole Valley came, I think the RB was Missle, or rocket, or something.

charlesrixey
06-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas

i've never heard Southlake referred to as 'boring' before

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i've never heard Southlake referred to as 'boring' before

If I wanted to watch a game with a bunch of passes, I'd go watch a basketball game.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I have to agree with you there, when Marlin vs Port Isabel played in the Alamo Dome in 02' I never saw so many folks at a game so early, in my life:eek: I mean the whole Valley came, I think the RB was Missle, or rocket, or something.

It was Misael "The Missile" Iracheta. That kid was something else. Too bad he was playing hurt against Marlin, he wasn't at full speed and it was painfully obvious too. Oh, the game was in 2003, not 2002, and I think Port Isabel sold about 12,000 tickets to the game.

If Port Isabel ever makes it to the state title game, you could probably DOUBLE that number.

Gobbla2001
06-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I've seen PI play a deep playoff game and SLC play a deep playoff game...

the valley does bring some fans, for sure, but SLC would have 'em beat by a little... it's rediculous how many people move there to be fans...

saw San Benito play Smithson Valley in the Alamo dome, THAT was rediculous... Smithson Valley had a 40 minute trip, no tellin' how long it took San Benito... San Benito fans were about to start hugging the Smithson Valley fans on the Smithson Valley side...

Phantom Stang
06-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I've seen them play also.....but there is no way in "hades" that I would give up the chance to watch MY team play in the State Championship no matter WHO was playing anywhere else!!!
That says it for me as well!!:)

charlesrixey
06-22-2007, 07:27 PM

totally!

besides, you can have someone tape the tv broadcast of the 5A team

olddawggreen
06-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Yeah, what's up with the Blonde thing, is it unity, and the questions states that you haven't seen SLC play!

Don't forget the black pants they bring out for the playoffs. Regardless of what you think about the tradition, you can't argue with it, they seem to be on to something.:)

coiled2strike
06-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I've seen PI play a deep playoff game and SLC play a deep playoff game...

the valley does bring some fans, for sure, but SLC would have 'em beat by a little... it's rediculous how many people move there to be fans...

saw San Benito play Smithson Valley in the Alamo dome, THAT was rediculous... Smithson Valley had a 40 minute trip, no tellin' how long it took San Benito... San Benito fans were about to start hugging the Smithson Valley fans on the Smithson Valley side...

what year was it that you saw san benito...had a buddy that was quarterback for the greyhounds in the early 90s...