PDA

View Full Version : midland greenwood daingerfield

eagles_11
12-08-2002, 10:27 PM
midland greenwood has had a great season and i dont mean to say ne thing bad about them in ne way but i just think it will be intresting to see how they match up wit daingerfield i just think that the tigers r going to come out on top in this one

and since we lost to bellville.......... go bellville win state

Ranger Mom
12-08-2002, 10:48 PM
I don't know ANYTHING about Daingerfield except what I have read on these boards - and the main thing I hear is that they are FAST!! The Rangers certainly have their work cut out for them!!
GO RANGERS!!

Gwoodfan
12-08-2002, 10:59 PM
well i think my mighty rangers will be just fine agianst dangerfield..we play hard nose football and i just dont think dangerfield has been hit as hard as the rangers will hit them..should be a great game no matter what the out come is..wish my rangers good luck and hope to see ya in the state game...

Matthew328
12-08-2002, 11:35 PM
I think Greenwood has had a great year...but they haven't seen anything like what Daingerfield is gonna bring...not only are they extremely fast but they are big and will hit you like a mack truck...they are well coached and have a ton of tradition..the Blue Tigers are my pick to take another state tittle to Morris County..Daingerfield by 21..

Jacket2000
12-08-2002, 11:57 PM
Matthew328:
Daingerfield by 21.....maybe in the first half. No offense to Greenwood, they have had an awesome year. Much better than what I expected. But I'm not sure that Greenwood has EVER seen a team like Daingerfield. Big, fast, and mean as hell! Of course, anything can happen this late in the game, and a few untimely mistakes by Daingerfield could make this interesting. But, the Blue Tigers don't make many mistakes.
J2K

PPHSfan
12-09-2002, 12:20 AM
Greenwood really has had a Cinderella season this year, and it's a shame that Daingerfield is in region 2. My heart wants Greenwood to go all the way to the Big Game, but my stupid good for nothing head does not think it's going to happen. I saw Dangerfield play Celina a few weeks ago, and I decided right then and there that they would go all the way in D2. I hate to say it but, YES Daingerfield has been hit hard this season, and they just get up and keep hitting back. Way way way, too fast for a bunch of tough hard hitting boys from West Texas to contain, especially on turf. These two teams just don't match up the way you would like to see playoff teams matched. One is a bunch of hard nosed Big Hearted leave it all on the field play like there is no tomorrow rough and ready roughneck football players. The other is all that just faster. I will be pulling for Greenwood all the way, and since this game is going to be in the Metroplex, I think I will just go watch it.

Daingerfield ??
Greeenwood 14

Brahma73
12-09-2002, 12:29 AM
Matthew328:
I think Greenwood has had a great year...but they haven't seen anything like what Daingerfield is gonna bring...not only are they extremely fast but they are big and will hit you like a mack truck...they are well coached and have a ton of tradition..the Blue Tigers are my pick to take another state tittle to Morris County..Daingerfield by 21..What do you think about I or II vs. III or IV in the title game? Which end has more? Don't know much about anybody outside of my Brahmas in III (Take it easy on me this time Matthew!! wink Remember I ended up being right in the Marlin/Bellville game!lol wink wink )

wildstangs
12-09-2002, 12:40 AM
I have nothing but respect for Greenwood, but I think they are done after this week. Daingerfiled will be something that they have never seen, as would have been the case if it would have been Sweetwater playing in the game. I really dont want to hear all the crap about West Texas teams not performing well though against Region 2 teams. Should Greenwood get donkeystomped by the Tigers, no one can blame it on West Texas. There were several good teams in our Region from the metroplex in Kennedale, Bridgeport, and Decatur. Once again, Good luck to Greenwood. I really hope to see yall take it.

turbostud
12-09-2002, 08:54 AM
This game should be a EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST battle. Much love to Greenwood but I have to take Dfield. But stuff can happen, just ask Jasper.

tors2002
12-09-2002, 09:12 AM
Rangermom and other Greenwood posters!! Take these posts, blow them up, and paste them in the Rnagers locker room. Give them a little more incentive on what people are saying about them. I hope they put the whooping to Dangerfield but I will also take a one point victory too. Good Luck to Greenwood.

By the way, the Sweetwater and Greenwood game sounded like a doozy. Read about it in the Lubbock Avalanche Journal.

rangerfan
12-09-2002, 09:37 AM
I'll tell you one thing about these Greenwood Rangers. I've watched this group of kids since they started playing football in the third grade. I said it then, and I'll say it again, the Rangers WILL win state. These guys know how to win football games. I hope everyone in the DFW area comes to see this one. I think you'll be surprised as to the level the Rangers play. I've heard all I can about the speed, quickness, etc. of east texas football. East texas players put those pants on the same way we do. ONE LEG AT A TIME. It will be a fun one to watch, with the Rangers coming home with a victory.

Stick
12-09-2002, 09:40 AM
I have had the privilege of seeing Greenwood and Daingerfield on film about three or four games each. Here is my breakdown for Greenwood to stay in the game.

Offense - Control the ball.
Double team #33 (nose from Daingerfield)
Take some shots in the air on first down and 3rd and short.
Attack the defensive right side with veer and midline.
NO TURNOVERS.

Defensive - Account for #3 (QB) on every play.
Do not overpersue, especially #24.
Stack the line and make them beat you throwing the ball.

The edge has to go to Daingerfield, they are bigger and faster. Greenwood plays with a lot of heart and emotion, and they will need to sustain that for the entire 4 quarters. Good luck Rangers.

Stick
12-09-2002, 09:42 AM
I have had the privilege of seeing Greenwood and Daingerfield on film about three or four games each. Here is my breakdown for Greenwood to stay in the game.

Offense - Control the ball.
Double team #33 (nose from Daingerfield)
Take some shots in the air on first down and 3rd and short.
Attack the defensive right side with veer and midline.
NO TURNOVERS.

Defensive - Account for #3 (QB) on every play.
Do not overpersue, especially #24.
Stack the line and make them beat you throwing the ball.

The edge has to go to Daingerfield, they are bigger and faster. Greenwood plays with a lot of heart and emotion, and they will need to sustain that for the entire 4 quarters. Good luck Rangers.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
12-09-2002, 12:36 PM
Well, I am going with D-Field. Like I have said this team is about one of the best teams I have seen play in a very long time. If the offense is going slow the defense steps it up and it goes the same way if the defense is going slow the offense steps it up. I keep hearing about how Greenwood has a lot of heart. Well, I imagine they do or they wouldn't be where they are right now. But that goes with all the teams left. There is no team playing right now that is playing with no heart. And trust me Daingerfield has a tone of heart. I know it should be a great game but Daingerfield just has to much speed but that is just a portion of what they have. They have one of the best running games in the state. I mean they will pound you with three awesome backs one after the other. They keep rotating so that they don't get tired. But the defense is the strong part. Like I said last week them boys don't just hit you they crush you. But good luck to both teams I hope it is will be as good of a game as wee all are hoping for.

Gwoodfan
12-09-2002, 04:14 PM
All i have to say is im very proud of these rangers this year..know one in there right mind would have ever thought this group of kids would pull together as well as they have..they lost alot of seniors last year and alot of key players as well..but give these rangers some credit...14-0..went through west texas rolling up alot of points and lead all west texas teams in yardage and points..these kids put up some points..but the way it sounds dangerfield has a team that can punish you as well..greenwood has alot of weapons and can bust a big play on you when you least expect it..two years ago the rangers had a very very good football team and hit a wall when they took the field agianst muleshoe...the muleshoe team was huge and had a pounding running game that just stuck it to one of the best defenses in west texas at the time...just hope its not a repeat of that year...but we just sound to even on offense and defense..just who ever makes the least mistakes will come out on top..i only wish the best of luck to both teams and what a great year for my rangers no matter what the out come is at the end..keep your head high and be proud to be in the best of four teams in the state of texas...hope everyone has a very safe trip to and from the game sat...good luck greenwood and keep making west texas proud

Da Mules
12-09-2002, 05:39 PM
G'woodFan, I remember that Region 1 game and a ton of your kids on that roster then were sophomores...knew the Rangers would be in the thick of things for at least a couple more years. Well that big Muleshoe team you mentioned ran into a fast E Texas team (Forney and Dabryan Blanton) on turf the next week and got :donkeystomped: (I guess that's where the term originated!) They did't get overpowered; they got outran to the corners by the Human Flash..but your Rangers defense is quick and swarmed the ball Saturday; they will just have to outdo it next Saturday. and yes, the Tigres put their pants on one leg at a time also. GIVE IT ALL YA GOT, RANGERS; STEP IT UP AND WHOMP REGION 2! RANGERSTOMP THE TIGRES!!

Chris Hart
12-09-2002, 08:35 PM
I'll be pulling for the underdogs in this one, Go Greenwood Rangers!!

Gwoodfan
12-09-2002, 08:47 PM
yes that game agianst muleshoe was a stomping on the rangers and we had a bunch of young kids..my bro was the QB and a jr. and he was upset but knew they were young and would be back the next year..but crane upset us when nobody ever thought that crane would pull that upset..just shows you anything can happen in the playoffs..so mabye Greenwood will pull this upset out and make a season to never forget..thank you for standing behind my rangers and wish everyone a safe trip to whatever game you will be seeing...go greenwood and keep making west texas proud

audasmom7
12-09-2002, 11:56 PM
<small>[ December 09, 2002, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: audasmom7 ]</small>

audasmom7
12-09-2002, 11:58 PM
This is jeremy Audas the running back for the rangers. I would just like to thank you for the support that everyone had gave us and that is still giving us today. Yes, I know that dangerfield is big and tuff and hit very hard, I have watched film on them and they are a great looking team. But I just dont think they can play 4 Quarters of hard nose football. We have nothing to loose, everyone thought we were to small and wouldnt even make it out of district but we proved a lot of people wrong and I hope we can do the same thing again. It has been a great season and I wouldnt of had it any other way than to play a team like this. Thanks for the support everyone be thier to root us on. Good luck to both teams!

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: audasmom7 ]</small>

vet93
12-10-2002, 11:24 AM
To Jeremy and the Greenwood Rangers...I have been impressed with the way that you guys have played this year. I have seen you play twice. Both times you have handed my Ballinger Bearcats a solid defeat. You have a talented group of players, but that is not why you win. In my opinion you win because you play smart football, you play tough football and you play together as a team. Those are the strengths of your team and it is those strengths that will be your strongest allies against the Tigers. You will hear all of the "experts" tell you how you cannot beat that east texas speed. How no team from out west since the 1982 Littlefield team has gone to the championship game. They will make predictins saying that you will get blown out and so on. Well the experts also said that oklahoma was going to kill A&M, they said that Ballinger had no chance against Kennedale, they said that Jasper had too much talent for Burnet and on and on. The fact is...you guys carry your destiny in your own hands. Daingerfield has a tough talented team. They will not be defeated easily, but don't let anyone tell you that you can't beat these guys. Win or lose I know that you will gain the respect of whoever you play. It is time to show the state the heart that you have displayed all year long which is what west texas football is all about. All of west texas is in your corner! Best wishes from an old Bearcat...bring back a state championship berth!

Take State Tigers
12-11-2002, 03:32 PM
I've have watched Daingerfield play every game this year. They are not the same team they were early on this year. It has been more of a team effort every game. There isn't just one superstar... there is a team full of superstars. If they stay healthy this week should be the finally stepping stone to the state game... they'll be hard to contain. eek!

Take State Tigers
12-11-2002, 03:33 PM
I've have watched Daingerfield play every game this year. They are not the same team they were early on this year. It has been more of a team effort every game. There isn't just one superstar... there is a team full of superstars. If they stay healthy this week should be the finally stepping stone to the state game... they'll be hard to contain. eek!

Gilmer Buckeye
12-11-2002, 05:51 PM
I agree that Daingerfield is not the same team it was early on. It lost to Gladewater, 12-6, right after Gilmer had trounced Gladewater, 39-21. By the time the District 11-3A champion Buckeyes lost to the Tigers, 36-23, on Nov. 16 in bi-district, the Tigers had developed an awesome,time-consuming ground game utilizing up to 10 different ball carriers (all good) during each game. Their running backs are actually bigger than some of the linemen are. Their speed is blinding. The coach's son, Craig McFarlin, turned in a stellar performance at QB. I don't know why he wasn't starting all season long. If Midland Greenwood has a passing game, it should come out throwing from the get-go. The Tigers couldn't stop us from passing for 235 yards (412 yards overall), but turnovers killed us. We still probably would have lost, but it would have gone down to the wire. On defense, Greenwood had better be sure No. 9, Tyler Miller, stays blocked or he'll make the tackle or blow up the play on every down. I say Daingerfield by three touchdowns.

eagles_11
12-11-2002, 07:11 PM
daingerfield seems to have gotten better

RANGERFAN31
12-11-2002, 08:18 PM
Iam sure Daingerfield is big and fast but Greenwood is fast also.They also have some hard hitters but the one thing Daingerfield better bring to the game with them is Heart because Greenwood Rangers have alot of Heart and they will not go down easy.We have been the underdogs all year and people said we would not go far but 14-0 speaks for itself.
GO GREENWOOD RANGERS TO STATE.

JUSTROY
12-11-2002, 11:41 PM
DID YOU KNOW THAT DAINGERFIELD USED 10 DIFFERENT BACKS IN BEATING SPRING HILL LAST WEEK
THEY WILL WEAR OUT A DEFENSE IN THE FOURTH QUARTER
SPRING HILL LOADED UP FOR THE RUN AND THEY STILL AVERAGED 5 YARDS A CARRY

IT WILL BE A INTERESTING GAME FOR SURE

audasmom7
12-13-2002, 12:02 AM
hmmmm who did they send in the water-boy... Is this not a 3A school???