PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone see Bellvile beating Marlin

PigSkinPicker
12-04-2002, 12:06 PM
I am sorry but I cant see Marlin being beat by anyone left in Division II

Bellville22
12-04-2002, 12:19 PM
No, they can't, why bother even playing the game? HaHa.

Did anyone see Texas A&M beating Oklahoma?(WHOOP!)
Did anyone see the Pats beating St. Louis?

OU was playing as well as anyone at that time too. And I don't think a Bellville win is a long shot at all, that's a pretty talented team that can play with just about anyone. I will say that if both teams bring their A-game, Marlin will probably win. But, a mistake or two and it could get interesting.

I typed a whole page of my prediction on the other Bellville/Marlin topic, so refer to that for details.

Bottom line, I said an overconfident Marlin team would make the mistakes necessary for a ticked off, tired of hearing about Marlin, Bellville team to win in impressive fashion.

Still stickin' with it. Back me up cous' along the rest of you Bulls.

Bellville 31
Marlin 14

Pudlugger
12-04-2002, 12:57 PM
PigSkinPicker:
I am sorry but I cant see Marlin being beat by anyone left in Division IIIt depends. Marlin is very talented and well coached. If Bellville lets them get up fast like LG did then no, Marlin will win. If Marlin comes in flat after beating LG (which they were clearly highly pumped for) then Bellville might get on top fast and then we will see how Marlin reacts. I think if Bellville can score quickly and strike fast on deep passing plays they can get Marlin off their game. The only way anyone beats Marlin is to rattle then off their game, they are a very emotional bunch of kids and play off that intensity. If they were to get down that might work against them. Getting them down will be the challenge, especially if they maintain the intensity they displayed last Saturday. I think it will be Marlin by 20 points.

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Old Cardinal
12-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Marlin has faced some very formiable foes in La Grange, Newton and now Bellville. Bellville is good, a little inconsistent, but never the less, a quality team. These teams that I named are all right here in Region III, yet they are all state elite teams. Yes, Bellville has the talent to win it, if Marlin has a let-up after preparing for some great talented teams in the last few weeks. I do think that the Div. II Championship was decided between Marlin and Newton several weeks ago.

RBARKER
12-04-2002, 01:42 PM
Marlin is my pick also. Bellville I'm sure has a great team or they wouldn't be here but Marlin seams to be playing quality football that I don't see anyone disrupting at this point. Marlin by 21.

sphinx1906
12-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Marlin will win no doubt. They are a tough bunch of guys that live for football. When I saw the Newton-Marlin game I was impressed at their hunger for the victory. I will agree with old card (which most usually can) that the state championship game could very easily have been the Newton-Marlin game.They knocked us off so I'll be behind them all the way.

keep_it_real
12-04-2002, 03:21 PM
I think Marlin takes this one. To me, Bellvile looked stronger earlier in the season, I was suprised to see that they barely beat Fairfield. While on the other side, Marlin is staying consistent with big wins. Bellvile wouldve had a better chance in preseason. I think they've lost a player or 2. Im not sure though

Brahmas20bro
12-04-2002, 03:45 PM
BELLVILLE22 I GOT YA BACK ON THIS ONE. FIRST OFF, AS I SAID BEFORE NO TEAM IS BETTER UNTILL THE WHISTLE IN THE FOUR QUARTER THEN TALK...BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW, ALL THIS TALK ABOUT MARLIN THIS AND MARLIN THAT...YOU GUYS GOT A GREAT TEAM, NO DOUBT BUT BELLVILLE BEAT MOST TEAMS BY 20 OR MORE, SO INCONSISTENT IS FALSE...AND YOU KNOW WHAT BELLVILLE TO ALL WHO READ THIS REALIZE THIS, ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN BE YOU IS YOU....PLAY WITH YOUR HEART AND ALL THESE OTHER COMMENTS ARE JIBERISH UNTIL THE END OF THE 4TH, OK...

BO BULLS PROVE YOURSELFS TO YOU NOT THIS SIDELINE TALKERS IIGHT....GO BULLS GO....GO BULLS GO...

i HAVE SEEN A DAWG FIGHT ARE TWO...BUT WAIT TILL YOU SEE A BULL FIGHT, THEY HAVE SIZE, HORNS(SPEED) AND A HEART THAT WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO LAY DOWN LIKE ALL ARE EXPECTING....

SO MARLIN BRING A eek! BOOTS YOU'LL NEED'EM :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bongo
12-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Yes, I can see Bellville winning. As someone already mentioned, it will take Bellville getting an early score and possibly capitalizing on Marlin turnovers.

Prediction; Marlin 21, Bellville 27

LP-DB
12-04-2002, 08:12 PM
I see in no way bellville winning this..bellville is a good team don't get me wrong..but--marlin whipped LG who Blasted coldsprings who beat us in an unfortunate loss by 1 point and in turn we lost to bellville by only 11 points..which I think puts Marlin out of reach by bellville..unless bellville plays there best game and marlin has many mistakes that bellville capitalizes on, that way bellville may take it but in a very close one..if Marlin stops the deep passes the game is through.

30-17 marlin

# 80

sinton66
12-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Ok folks, I'm gonna stick my nose in here just once. I'll remind ALL of you that at this level, any team can beat any other team under the right set of circumstances. How many of us thought Kennedale could beat Everman? I'll answer my own question, only a couple of posters from Kennedale.
Guess what, we were wrong and they were right. From the final 8, any one of those teams are capable.

Brahma73
12-05-2002, 12:25 AM
sinton66:
Ok folks, I'm gonna stick my nose in here just once. I'll remind ALL of you that at this level, any team can beat any other team under the right set of circumstances. How many of us thought Kennedale could beat Everman? I'll answer my own question, only a couple of posters from Kennedale.
Guess what, we were wrong and they were right. From the final 8, any one of those teams are capable.Hey 66! Glad you're still aboard. I think there's a little Red & White sentiment in your above post (though you didn't stick your neck out quite as far as some of us home-towners.) Bottom line is this: None of us bleacher preachers get to kick 'em or pass 'em or catch 'em or run 'em or hit 'em. It's up to the boys in the pads. Every game is a new season now. Every team is 0-0 when the game starts. Stats are gone; who you've beaten is irrelevant; and there's no scoreboard for trash talk.

Sunday there'll be 4 left, and there will probably be a surprise or two. If the best teams always won, we could pick winners on computers and mail the rings. It doesn't work that way, sports fans. Ain't it great? Don't kid yourselves into thinking any of us know anything about what's going to happen in Bryan Saturday night. Both teams are capable of supremacy, but both are also capable of a total meltdown.

That's the way it is with kids and sports. We'd love for them to be mature, predictable and mistake free. They'd love that too. But they're not. Whoever wins will be ecstatic. Whoever doesn't will be proud. But it'll be decided on the field, and God willing, with courage, determination, sportsmanship and desire.

We'll all be here afterwards to pretend to know why we won or lost; why we should have run or passed; why we should have gone for it or punted. But it won't matter then. They're just boys, and they will have done their best. There's nothing like high school football! :)

GO BULLS!!!! LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD!!!! :D

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-05-2002, 12:41 AM
Brahma 73 I have read every post on this sight and finally someone who knows a little something steps up. You are exactly right anything can happen in sports. Marlin is an excellent football team but who would have ever dreamed they would lose to Burnet which is a great team also and turn around and beat Ennis who I believe may be the best team in the state. My head says to go with Marlin but Bellville will not make it easy.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2002, 02:17 AM
Marlin has some impressive wins and a overtime lost to burnet. Defense will win this game for Bellville.

Bellville 16
Marlin 10

Good luck to both teams ya'll almost at the big show!

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan_inAustin ]</small>

eaglefan24
12-05-2002, 10:41 AM
Wellwhere do I begin? First of all Marlin is the better team, I agree that if both teams bring their A-game that Marlin will win due to better athletes. I will also agree that anything can happen on any given night , especially with the way everyone is giving Bellville no chance at all. The way everyone is talking, Bellville has nothing to lose because everyone expects them to lose, they have something to prove. Marlin on the other hand, has had something to prove every week since they beat Ennis...that it was not a fluke. Marlin is 11-2, w/ huge wins and was never state ranked in the AP poll, how is that? Marlin has had people think they were nothing but a team who showed up and was overlooked by Ennis, and maybe they were but they don't think so. They think they are the best in the state and they are preparing themselves each week to prove that to the rest of the state, it shows on the field.

Bellville is a good team with good athletes and is very well coached, but so is Marlin. Marlin is faster and more rawly talented, Marlin is going to win this game because both teams are going to show up, and that gives Marlin the advantage. They're defense is too good and they have too much speed at all skill positions for Bellville to handle.

Bellville comes out w/ a lot of intensity and keeps it close for a half, but Marlin takes over after the break........ Marlin 31, Bellville 10

Brahma73
12-06-2002, 10:19 PM
By this time tomorrow night it'll be history. I'll gladly give my props to whoever wins. Don't count out my Bulls! wink

bd0707
12-06-2002, 11:11 PM
no, Marlin came closer to beating Burnet than anyone. My respect for Marlin is strong.

bd0707
12-06-2002, 11:13 PM
No, Marlin came closer to beating Burnet than anyone. My respect for Marlin is strong.Marlin should win state.