PDA

View Full Version : ALVARADO??????????

jackhammer
10-29-2001, 09:30 AM
WHATS UP IN ALVARADO ? THEY ARE BEATING TEAMS THEY HAVEN'T BEATEN IN YEARS . BEEN TOLD THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE AS GOOD OF PLAYERS AS THEY HAVE HAD IN THE LAST TWO YEARS OR SO.

Matthew328
10-29-2001, 10:21 AM
From what I am hearing coaching has a lot to do with it...dunno how accurate of a statement that is..but watching them last year in the playoffs vs. Aledo they were not a well coached bunch at all...

jackhammer
10-29-2001, 11:50 AM
THAT WHAT I WAS THINKING . SAY ISNT THEIR EX COACH IN ALEDO ?

FryDayFBFun
10-29-2001, 12:19 PM
Makes ya wonder why Aledo is not doing very good, huh ?? Have seen Alvarado play 3 times, looked much more disciplined and MUCH more in shape. They did not seem to run out of gas. Anyone who missed their game with Kennedale, it was a great game. Congrats to both!!

Alvaradobacker
10-29-2001, 02:16 PM
I think overall, the '99 team was the most talented ever at Alvarado. The '95 bunch went 13-0 before losing to Commerce in the regional final, 21-14, but they didn't have near the speed the '99 team had. Cunningham found a way for that team to lose 3 games. I watched them get drilled by an out manned Kennedale team. It was pitiful. Those kids weren't even close to being ready to play, and that's the coach's fault. Had they not gotten their act together against Aledo in the season finale, they wouldn't even have made the playoffs. Cunningham was a terrible head coach. He couldn't get 11 men on the field and a play called in time. The team lacked discipline. He left his best quarterback on the sidelines most of that '99 season. Last year he put on a clinic in ineptitude and indecision.

What was sickening about his departure was how the Fort Worth Star-Telegram made it look like the school board was going against the will of the good people of Alvarado by reassigning Cunningham, when in fact the vast majority of Alvarado fans were clamoring for his head. A vocal minority opposed his firing. There were grumblings in the crowd at every game last year. If people hadn't been afraid that the kids would think they were booing them, Cunningham would have been booed. Thank goodness he's gone.

jackhammer
10-29-2001, 03:04 PM
alvarado backer ,

you the man !

AAAfan
10-29-2001, 04:40 PM
Sounds like Alvarado is gearing up for a run in the AAA D-1 playoffs. As luck would have it, Alvarado might encounter their old coach in Aledo in the first round of the playoffs. I am looking forward to that possible matchup.

As for this week,what will the Indians face this Friday night against Hillsboro?

Matthew328
10-29-2001, 05:17 PM
I thought the 1997 team was a pretty good one..that team was 7-3 in 4A..if they were in 3A they woulda been a definite contender..I believe the only games they lost that year were to Waxahachie, Everman and Burleson..

FryDayFBFun
10-29-2001, 05:54 PM
From what i have seen from the stands, there is no more bickering between coaches like last year. Makes me wonder where the newspaper(startle-gram) got their information. In the few games I have watched this year, there has not been a delay of game call on the Indians. Looks like CLASS has come back to ALvarado. Good luck to you all !!!!!!

deliriousmaniac
10-29-2001, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by AAAfan:
Sounds like Alvarado is gearing up for a run in the AAA D-1 playoffs. As luck would have it, Alvarado might encounter their old coach in Aledo in the first round of the playoffs. I am looking forward to that possible matchup.

As for this week,what will the Indians face this Friday night against Hillsboro?

This is pretty much a garuntee in the first round. Aledo from 7-3A and Alvarado from 8-3A. It will be a heck of a ballgame, a rematch from last year.

chalktaw
10-29-2001, 08:16 PM
is bozo calling the plays for aledo ?

deliriousmaniac
10-29-2001, 09:06 PM
No, Coach Buchanon still does the play calling. He is a middle linebacker coach. That's it.

jackhammer
10-30-2001, 09:46 AM
SURE HE AINT THE TOWEL BOY ?

Alvaradobacker
10-30-2001, 11:10 AM
The '97 team finished 5-5. They also lost to Cleburne and I think Commerce. Burleson beat them on a last minute TD, Everman beat them by a late field goal, Cleburne beat them in the second half. They weren't bad. It was a classic case of a smaller school having equally talented players, but not as many.

jackhammer
10-30-2001, 11:30 AM
last years oc from alvarado took a head coaching job out west . so far the teams have out scored him this season 303 to 42 over all and in the last three weeks 170 to zero . i think he liked to pass the ball a lot .

the claw
10-30-2001, 02:47 PM
Hey jackhammer, which coach was that? I know a couple of them got pretty good jobs but I haven't heard anything about how they are doing.

jackhammer
10-30-2001, 02:58 PM
I THINK HE WAS THE ONE GOING CRAZY IN THE PRESS BOX AT THE KENNADALE GAME LAST YEAR

FryDayFBFun
10-30-2001, 04:27 PM
Being as I am from West Texas, sounds like this ole' boy may be looking for a new job SOON!! You say he was the one yelling in the pressbox last year?? I actually made that game, what a side show there was up there. Anyway, best of luck to Kennedale and the Mighty Indians!!(170-0 over the last 3 games??? unbelievable !!! )

FryDayFBFun
10-31-2001, 03:59 PM
By the way, any word where the coaches Mr. Cunningham brought in with him went to?? Anyone know if they are winning where they are ? Matthew, great SITE !!

jackhammer
10-31-2001, 04:07 PM
the only one i know about went west and as i posted above you can see his great performance so far , as for the reast who cares .

FryDayFBFun
10-31-2001, 04:12 PM
Never thought of it that way Jack, true, i guess who cares!! 170-0, DANG

jackhammer
10-31-2001, 04:18 PM
isn't it nice in A town this year ? the supt and his new ad/head coach along with the other coaches and lets not forget the kids are having a lot of fun this year . beats the heck out of last year .

jackhammer
10-31-2001, 04:23 PM
the only one i know about went west and as i posted above you can see his great performance so far , as for the reast who cares .

FanMan
11-01-2001, 05:09 PM
Alvardo should win district easy, but what will happen when/if they run into Everman?

jackhammer
11-01-2001, 05:13 PM
I GUESS SUCK IT UP , STRAP IT ON A LITTLE TIGHTER AND KICK BUTT .

rholl
11-01-2001, 10:26 PM
As for Everman...that is way down the road...Alvarado is region 1 Everman is region 2....both teams would have to win their own region then that game would determine which one plays in state championship game. My opinion...I don't think Alvarado can keep up with them. But...thats why they play the games!