PDA

View Full Version : Texas Relay Pole Exploding

burnet44
06-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Texas Relays (http://www.break.com/keystone/pole-vault-explosion2.html)

KTA
06-19-2007, 11:36 PM
dang that looked crazy, how far did the other part of it shoot off?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-20-2007, 01:29 AM
I was pole-catching for a guy my sophomore year, back in the days when I still vaulted, and he snapped the pole as I was walking in behind him to catch it and as soon as it snapped I took off running and cowering away from it like a little girl. I thought it was pretty funny, but scary all the same.

No Show Jones
06-20-2007, 01:46 AM
I was sitting about 5 yards to the left of that camera and a couple of rows up. That was a crazy site but very common in pole vaulting.

KTA
06-20-2007, 02:17 AM
I took off running and cowering away from it like a little girl.

I dont blame you one bit lol

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by KTA
I dont blame you one bit lol

Good, haha, glad I'm not the only one. It was crazy, the bottom part came up and slapped him on the back of the arm and it made a crazy bruise. I still have a piece of the pole.

DU_stud04
06-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I took off running and cowering away from it like a little girl.. HAHAHAHA....wow, why havent i heard this story before?

Gobbla2001
06-20-2007, 04:12 PM
was out shaggin' (no) discus at track practice my jr. year... one of the guys was just gettin' done with powerlifting or something... didn't think he could throw that far so we were still kinda "close"... he freakin' launched the deal and I took off runnin', the damn thing started chasin' me, I had to dive into the ground... I felt it pass by... was scared... we backed up from then on...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Hahahaha, that's awesome Gobbla. I saw a guy get tagged in the face at practice one day. Had to get stitches, but I think his pride was hurt more than anything.