PDA

View Full Version : Interesting News

Stownhorse
06-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Man dies from taser burn injuries

ABILENE -- A San Angelo man who got into an altercation with police Monday has died from burn injuries. The fire that burned the man may have been started by a police taser. According to police, they were called to a San Angelo home after a report that a man was trying to burn it down. When police arrived, 47-year-old Johnny F. Lopez poured gasoline over himself and on officers. Chief Tim Vasquez stated that an officer then tasered Lopez to try and control him. That's when the man caught fire. Witnesses said Lopez also had a lighter nearby. Authorities got the fire out and Lopez was taken to Shannon Medical Center. Monday night, he was flown to a Lubbock burn center for treatment. He died at University Medical Center Tuesday. Texas Rangers are investigating the incident.

Water rates going up

SWEETWATER -- Sweetwater residents can expect higher bills starting August first. The city decided to increase their water, sewage, and trash rates by fifteen percent. That's a minimum bill increase of about seven dollars a month. The money will go towards new construction of a $3-million dollar high service pump station. Many components of the current pump station were built in the 1920's.

June 18, 2007

Sorry just had to put that excerpt about Sweetwater because it was on the KTXS news Abilene.

Phantom Stang
06-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Water rates going up

The money will go towards new construction of a $3-million dollar high service pump station. Many components of the current pump station were built in the 1920's.

What are they thinking?:mad:

Don't the powers that be in S'water know that it's the "seasoning" of the existing equipment, that gives the water it's special flavor??:crazy1:

DU_stud04
06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
What are they thinking?:mad:

Don't the powers that be in S'water know that it's the "seasoning" of the existing equipment, that gives the water it's special flavor??:crazy1: hahaha, if people hadnt of told me the water here is nasty, i would have never known. :(

sww-bull52
06-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Crap... as if my bill isn't high enough as it is.:mad: