PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods is a daddy

kepdawg
06-18-2007, 10:44 PM
His wife had their daughter, Sam Alexis Woods.

Snyder_TigerFan
06-19-2007, 07:27 AM
The difference between Tiger and Lebron James.

Tiger Woods:
"All I know is that Elin and I are excited, and that this is far more important than any game of golf. This is an opportunity for us to raise our first child, and we're really looking forward to it."

Lebron James:
"Savannah knows that and she knows if there’s an opportunity I can be there, I will. And if not, I’m going to support my teammates. She understands."

The most precious thing in life to see or be a part of is the birth of your child. I lost respect for Lebron James when I found out that he was willing to miss the birth of his son for a finals game. Tiger was willing to miss a major for the birth of his.

CenTexSports
06-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Apples and Oranges in many respects.

Golf is a one man sport and basketball is a team sport.

Tiger is 30+ with more majors under his belt than anybody but Jack. LJ is 21 0r 22 and has never won anything of consequence.

Tiger grew up before he got married and is much more emotionally mature than LJ.

I would never be in the room with my wife when the baby was born (that is why I paid the doctor) but there is nothing like seeing that baby being brought out by the nurse and finding out that both mother and baby are 100%.

Personally, I would consel LJ to be present at the baby's birth, I would not hold it against him if he played in the finals instead. Sort of like when Bret Farve played after the death of his father. I believe in different strokes for different folks.

44INAROW
06-19-2007, 08:20 AM
I feel qualified to express my opinion on this subject :)

I see both sides of this coin - My husband was there for the birth of our 1st son (that was before dads were allowed in the delivery room) but he missed the birth of the 2nd son, he was on a train to McAllen - as soon as he got there - he found a way back to Alice and picked up his truck and headed back to Cuero ASAP. He was there in time to take me home the next morning. Does that mean he is a better father to #1 than #2 - absolutely not. But on the other hand - would he have left to go to work that morning if he knew I was going to go into labor that afternoon? Probably not. He was there for the birth of #3. More importantly, he's been there every step of the way while the boys have grown up and to me, that's what counts.

Ranger Mom
06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

I would never be in the room with my wife when the baby was born

Just out of curiosity...why not??

Fotbol
06-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's a very Indescribeable scene:eek:

CenTexSports
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I have no desire to see the birth of mine or anyone else's children. If the doctor is not capable at the high rates they get paid then I would hire someone else.

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy or one of those guys the asked, "Would a woman want to go in and watch her husband's hemmoroid surgery?"

Foxworthy was also asked if he had any video of the delivery and responded "No, but I got some dandy footage of the conception!"

Anyway, it is just a personal preference. I don't consider birth to be a team sport. On the other hand, my wife has been in the room for 3 of our 5 grandchildren. To each his/her own.

One other thing: all three of my kids were born c-section. They weighed, 11 - 5, 9-12 & 9-6.

Ranger Mom
06-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I have no desire to see the birth of mine or anyone else's children. If the doctor is not capable at the high rates they get paid then I would hire someone else.

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy or one of those guys the asked, "Would a woman want to go in and watch her husband's hemmoroid surgery?"

Foxworthy was also asked if he had any video of the delivery and responded "No, but I got some dandy footage of the conception!"

Anyway, it is just a personal preference. I don't consider birth to be a team sport. On the other hand, my wife has been in the room for 3 of our 5 grandchildren. To each his/her own.

One other thing: all three of my kids were born c-section. They weighed, 11 - 5, 9-12 & 9-6.

My now ex-husband was there for all 3 of mine....along with my mom.

I was right there, along with my son, for the birth of my granddaughter.

I thought watching that first breath, the first cry, etc. was beautiful!!

But you are right.....to each their own!! I honestly think there are a lot of man who couldn't handle it!!

District303aPastPlayer
06-19-2007, 10:05 AM

watch Knocked Up

Ranger Mom
06-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
watch Knocked Up

I've been knocked up 3 times.....what is a movie gonna show me??

District303aPastPlayer
06-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I've been knocked up 3 times.....what is a movie gonna show me??

actual footage from what you did 3 times...

Ranger Mom
06-19-2007, 10:16 AM
actual footage from what you did 3 times...

Conception or delivery??

I've seen actual footage of both!!:D

District303aPastPlayer
06-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Conception or delivery??

I've seen actual footage of both!!:D

actual delivery... head poppin out...

LH Panther Mom
06-19-2007, 10:28 AM
I honestly think there are a lot of man who couldn't handle it!!
My youngest brother "conveniently" missed the birth of his oldest daughter. After much thinking on his part (and crap handing-out on ours), he was there in the delivery room for the second daughter. Uhm, let's just say that they had to take him out of the room. His words...."I've delivered tons of calves, but it just doesn't even compare (as he's getting queasy and lightheaded)". :o

Ranger Mom
06-19-2007, 10:31 AM
actual delivery... head poppin out...

I saw it up close and personal just 2 months ago......didn't bother me and didn't bother my son, who cut the umbilical cord and everything...at all!!!!

CenTexSports
06-19-2007, 10:35 AM
RM, can you post a link or PM me the before videos (not the after).

Ranger Mom
06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
RM, can you post a link or PM me the before videos (not the after).

That was before the day of "websites"!! It's still on VHS!! :D