PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop Culture and sports

Old Tiger
06-18-2007, 04:27 PM
People better get used to it because it is growing bigger and bigger. This isn't the 1950's where sports were dominated by whites. Then again just because it is hip hop culture does not mean it is something just for blacks. It is here to stay though

Mot'r Boat'r
06-18-2007, 04:31 PM
You are an idiot....it's white guys like you that instigate the whole racial issue.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
06-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Mot'r Boat'r
You are an idiot....it's white guys like you that instigate the whole racial issue.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: What's racial about it? I just said the hip hop culture is taking it over and it is just not a black thing:confused:

Mot'r Boat'r
06-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What's racial about it? I just said the hip hop culture is taking it over and it is just not a black thing:confused:

"used to be dominated by whites"

don't try to beat around the bush

Old Tiger
06-18-2007, 04:35 PM
All I was emplying was that african americans have taken over sports. So to flip the switch here it is you who took it as racial and started a bigger rucus.

Mot'r Boat'r
06-18-2007, 04:37 PM
All I was emplying was that african americans have taken over sports so the culture is here to stay.

so whats the big deal....if we are all equal than it shouldn't make a difference what color dominates what?! :rolleyes:

Mot'r Boat'r
06-18-2007, 04:37 PM
and learn how to spell IMPLYING....or were you trying to do it through ebonics?

Old Tiger
06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
so whats the big deal....if we are all equal than it shouldn't make a difference what color dominates what?! :rolleyes: don't be silly we all know black people have a extra muscle in their calf :D:D

^^^^
JOKE

Ranger Mom
06-18-2007, 04:40 PM
don't be silly we all know black people have a extra muscle in their calf :D:D

^^^^
JOKE

I thought it was a longer tendon in their ankle??:thinking:

Mot'r Boat'r
06-18-2007, 04:40 PM
don't be silly we all know black people have a extra muscle in their calf :D:D

^^^^
JOKE

and we all know white ppl have an extra muscle in their brain:D :D

^^^^joke as well

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2007, 04:43 PM
and we all know white ppl have an extra muscle in their brain:D :D

^^^^joke as well
:doh: Not ALL of them do........ :p

Mot'r Boat'r
06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

why you gotta be telling on yourself....i already told you through PM that i wasn't gonna reveal your lack of intellect....GAH you shot yourself in the foot:doh: :doh: :kiss:

carter08
06-18-2007, 04:49 PM
http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2005/01/bling_bling.jpg

SWMustang
06-18-2007, 04:59 PM
People better get used to it because it is growing bigger and bigger. This isn't the 1950's where sports were dominated by whites. Then again just because it is hip hop culture does not mean it is something just for blacks. It is here to stay though

As soon as you see revenues drying up from disenchanted fans, dwindling attendance and shrinking corporate sponsorships, the tide will turn. I don't know that I would say it's the hip hop culture, moreover it's the fraction of athletes in high profile criminal cases. Pacman, Tank, Vick et. al. To a lot of people their actions mirror some of the "values" espoused in hip hop music.

DU_stud04
06-18-2007, 05:02 PM
i get crunk with metal..... hiphop/rap makes me want to chill or dance......just doesnt do it for me when im ready to dominate someone.

BILLYFRED0000
06-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Ain't that du trut....

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2007, 05:17 PM
The problems the players are getting are par for the course since Men started getting paid to play sports..The difference? The Media coverage of a player's off the field life

Read about Mickey Mantle getting drunk and wrecking his car, or The Antics of The Oakland Raiders of the 70's..Even a team like the Cowboys of the 70's had players like Thomas Henderson DOING DRUGS ON THE FIELD. And it goes on and on..Now though it is easy to say it is the "hip hop culture" that is destroying sports but IMO it is the public's eye being opened to the truth..Sports figures are human and a certain % will ALWAYS get in trouble and no matter what rules are in place or what culture is in place it is going to happen

DDBooger
06-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
As soon as you see revenues drying up from disenchanted fans, dwindling attendance and shrinking corporate sponsorships, the tide will turn. I don't know that I would say it's the hip hop culture, moreover it's the fraction of athletes in high profile criminal cases. Pacman, Tank, Vick et. al. To a lot of people their actions mirror some of the "values" espoused in hip hop music. well geez nba gives us the spurs and look at those revenues? hmm perhaps the country does love the "me" of hip hop culture?

DDBooger
06-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The problems the players are getting are par for the course since Men started getting paid to play sports..The difference? The Media coverage of a player's off the field life

Read about Mickey Mantle getting drunk and wrecking his car, or The Antics of The Oakland Raiders of the 70's..Even a team like the Cowboys of the 70's had players like Thomas Henderson DOING DRUGS ON THE FIELD. And it goes on and on..Now though it is easy to say it is the "hip hop culture" that is destroying sports but IMO it is the public's eye being opened to the truth..Sports figures are human and a certain % will ALWAYS get in trouble and no matter what rules are in place or what culture is in place it is going to happen now that is a rational point of view ;)

DDBooger
06-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i get crunk with metal..... i agree, lil ac/dc, ROTM, NIN or metallica prior to a game will do the trick.

SWMustang
06-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
well geez nba gives us the spurs and look at those revenues? hmm perhaps the country does love the "me" of hip hop culture?

you don't think the NBA is cringing over their ratings? Does the casual fan know the spurs are the "good guys"? LeBron just had his second child - hasn't married the mom yet. There's a segment of the population that doesn't find that appealing.

Emerson1
06-18-2007, 05:40 PM
How are ratings even figured? I don't know anybody with a nielsen box

DU_stud04
06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How are ratings even figured? I don't know anybody with a nielsen box they watch and think if others would watch it as well, then they think of some big number. the better they like the show the bigger the number. :D its all true :)

SWMustang
06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How are ratings even figured? I don't know anybody with a nielsen box

A random sample of 10,000 homes across the country have elctronic equipment connected to their TV's.

DDBooger
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
you don't think the NBA is cringing over their ratings? Does the casual fan know the spurs are the "good guys"? LeBron just had his second child - hasn't married the mom yet. There's a segment of the population that doesn't find that appealing. all questions no solid proof of what the fan is actually prefering however. what can be asserted is, a team who won the championship that had no drama, essentially are great to good guys and are pretty much unselfish for that matter couldn't garner any ratings. and diggin in to that aspect of lebron is pretty far fetched. i mean look at the percentage of single parent households, is he being a father or just a supporter? his money assures the last option but his character assures the 1st. lots of people raising children w/o the title of husband and wife. his scenario may actually appeal to many average americans. the nuclear family while present is not as dominating an aspiration for all americans due partly to great influence being placed on great work ethic which many attribute to the fact that people are getting married at older ages.

SWMustang
06-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Read about Mickey Mantle getting drunk and wrecking his car, or The Antics of The Oakland Raiders of the 70's..Even a team like the Cowboys of the 70's had players like Thomas Henderson DOING DRUGS ON THE FIELD. And it goes on and on..Now though it is easy to say it is the "hip hop culture" that is destroying sports but IMO it is the public's eye being opened to the truth..Sports figures are human and a certain % will ALWAYS get in trouble and no matter what rules are in place or what culture is in place it is going to happen

I don't totally disagree with you on the media coverage aspect. I'm also OK with people saying that sports is a microcosm of society and that society is more violent and permissive than it was in the '50's. However, I think shooting your pregnant girlfriend (Rae Carruth) is a little more drastic than getting drunk and wrecking your car.

SWMustang
06-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
all questions no solid proof of what the fan is actually prefering however. what can be asserted is, a team who won the championship that had no drama, essentially are great to good guys and are pretty much unselfish for that matter couldn't garner any ratings. and diggin in to that aspect of lebron is pretty far fetched. i mean look at the percentage of single parent households, is he being a father or just a supporter? his money assures the last option but his character assures the 1st. lots of people raising children w/o the title of husband and wife. his scenario may actually appeal to many average americans. the nuclear family while present is not as dominating an aspiration for all americans due partly to great influence being placed on great work ethic which many attribute to the fact that people are getting married at older ages.

gotta go, but you raise some great points that I would like to expand on. See ya in a bit.

DDBooger
06-18-2007, 06:04 PM
However, I think shooting your pregnant girlfriend (Rae Carruth) is a little more drastic than getting drunk and wrecking your car. im sure we can all agree that this was a dramatic instance! while misbehavior is one thing, murder BY pro athletes hasn't really been prevalant. BUT, we are seeing athletes being killed, perhaps on a greater level than prior, and w/o looking in to the facts possibly due to the company they keep

BILLYFRED0000
06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
My ma always said bad company corrupts good morals......

And really bad company can screw you over somethin fierce.

pooch
07-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Word

Fotbol
07-18-2007, 03:35 PM
you don't think the NBA is cringing over their ratings? Does the casual fan know the spurs are the "good guys"? LeBron just had his second child - hasn't married the mom yet. There's a segment of the population that doesn't find that appealing. Tom Brady isn't married BTW but the population doesn't say anything!

DaHop72
07-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Tom Brady isn't married BTW but the population doesn't say anything! You are right Fotbol, Brady has one on the way and he is still America's Apple Pie boy. On top of that he's left her and now has him a super model. Give me a break.:mad:

(Hoping Rita doesn't read this, he's her boy.):kiss:

pirate4state
07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
You are right Fotbol, Brady has one on the way and he is still America's Apple Pie boy. On top of that he's left her and now has him a super model. Give me a break.:mad:

Darn that Tom Brady! :foul: ;) :D

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
You are right Fotbol, Brady has one on the way and he is still America's Apple Pie boy. On top of that he's left her and now has him a super model. Give me a break.:mad:

I thought that was Debbie that was so "enamored" of him!!

pirate4state
07-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Tom Brady isn't married BTW but the population doesn't say anything! which population

good grief --- why do you put so much stock in all this stuff??

Would it make you feel better for the population to "slam" Tom Brady for fathering a bastard child? How could that make you possibly feel better? My goodnes!!

Ranger Mom
07-18-2007, 04:51 PM
I for one can't really say anything! My own son fathered a child and hasn't married the mother yet.

He will...but seeing as she turned 17 last week and he is barely 19,l I think they might ought to wait a little bit!!

Bandera YaYa
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
.."bastard child"....now that's kinda dated, don't ya think???
I like LeBron....he showed alot of class during the playoffs......and I say marriage is for them to decide when it's right, no one else.
Tom Brady's having a precious child....he shouldn't marry the mother of his child just because...IMHO.:)

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-18-2007, 06:14 PM
It's already been established that I be da pappy and the kids aren't Toms. Sorry.