Mine is Needville. Whose yours?

Old Tiger
06-18-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm creating a new school and calling them. George W. Bush Darkhorses

charlesrixey
06-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I'm creating a new school and calling them. George W. Bush Darkhorses

Gainesville---Their district is down and they should place at least 4th, but by the end of the year they could be back in there

another is Jasper, but like Gainesville, they aren't really true darkhorses because they were championship caliber recently.

Progreso would be a real dark horse candidate, except they're not

Navasota is a decent pick

Old Tiger
06-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Whitesboro

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Gainesville---Their district is down and they should place at least 4th, but by the end of the year they could be back in there

another is Jasper, but like Gainesville, they aren't really true darkhorses because they were championship caliber recently.

Progreso would be a real dark horse candidate, except they're not

Navasota is a decent pick
I like Navasota too but the Red ants of Progresso? They are alot like Redwater. Just lose and lose and lose that starts playing in thier minds.

charlesrixey
06-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I like Navasota too but the Red ants of Progresso? They are alot like Redwater. Just lose and lose and lose that starts playing in thier minds.

I know, they were just an example

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I know, they were just an example
Haha, my bad, saw where you said they are not. When you coming back? Need to start getting my schedule put together but need somebody to ride along on a couple of trips.

charlesrixey
06-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Haha, my bad, saw where you said they are not. When you coming back? Need to start getting my schedule put together but need somebody to ride along on a couple of trips.

could be as early as august, or as late as january--it depends on if/when i re-enlist and what time they need me to report, if i go to Fort Worth

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Dont re-enlist, just come back and watch some fooseball with us.

Centextrash
06-18-2007, 08:29 AM
To possibly win it all:
Needville
La Vega

To make some noise in the playoffs:
China Spring
Llano

charlesrixey
06-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Dont re-enlist, just come back and watch some fooseball with us.

if i re-enlist, they will pay for the move, put me in a non-deployable status and let me live back in texas while finishing the last year of my degree, before getting out for good. The alternative is to go right back into the real world--with three kids

charlesrixey
06-18-2007, 08:30 AM
plus, i am a veteran, and i would get a 30,000 bonus just for doing something i was planning on anyway. I'd like to get my fireman's certificate before leaving the service, but i'd also like to finish my bachelor's first

IHStangFan
06-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Mine is Needville. Whose yours? GO NEEDVILLE!!!

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
GO NEEDVILLE!!!
I might put a Needville game on my schedule

pirate4state
06-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Haha, my bad, saw where you said they are not. When you coming back? Need to start getting my schedule put together but need somebody to ride along on a couple of trips. Too bad I don't live closer to you. I'm trying to get my schedule put together too. I be a travelling fool this year! ;) :D

Adidas410s
06-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Graham is my darkhorse...though they're starting to get too much press to be one.

Crow22
06-18-2007, 10:26 AM

Come on down Gsquared...!

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
Come on down Gsquared...!
Think im gonna come down for Needville/Sweeny. Thats in Sweeny this year right?

SintonFan_inAustin
06-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Sinton. They will reload, might be a a little rough in the start with 3 of first 4 teams being rank in the top 20, Cuero in 3a and 4a Gregory Portland :) Kittens and 4a Beeville Trojans.

Crow22
06-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Think im gonna come down for Needville/Sweeny. Thats in Sweeny this year right?

Yep.

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Yep.
Cool, ill see ya there! Let me call the first stunt Crow!

Old Green
06-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Look for Palacious to end their 43 year playoff drought and finish 3rd in 29-3A.

Phantom Stang
06-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Sweetwater to make it to the semi-finals.

Comanche to make the playoffs.

Crow22
06-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Cool, ill see ya there! Let me call the first stunt Crow!

lol....you'll have to ask the DC about that.....he's only 6'6, 360lbs.

DaHop72
06-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Sweetwater to make it to the semi-finals.

:doh: :doh: I don't think so Tim.:devil:

carter08
06-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Look for Palacious to end their 43 year playoff drought and finish 3rd in 29-3A.

I don't see that happening. Palacios is, well, Palacios.

Old Green
06-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by carter08
I don't see that happening. Palacios is, well, Palacios. They had some pretty good boys at the 7 on 7. Plus they have quite a few starters back. I still say they'll get the 3rd playoff spot, but lose the 1st round.:) ;)

Phantom Stang
06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:doh: :doh: I don't think so Tim.:devil:
Mark my words Al.:p :evillol:

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 11:50 AM
lol....you'll have to ask the DC about that.....he's only 6'6, 360lbs.
Oh ok, well, how big is the OC?

carter08
06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
They had some pretty good boys at the 7 on 7. Plus they have quite a few starters back. I still say they'll get the 3rd playoff spot, but lose the 1st round.:) ;)

It's a 5 team district, isn't it.

I'd say right now

1. Cuero
2. Yoakum
3. Gonzales
4. Palacios
5. Goliad

But a few good games, and Palacios is right in the thick of it.

Crow22
06-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh ok, well, how big is the OC?

5'9 180...

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 11:57 AM
5'9 180...
Ok, lemme call the first offensive play. Ill call the one that scores like all the bleacher creatures cry for.

Crow22
06-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok, lemme call the first offensive play. Ill call the one that scores like all the bleacher creatures cry for.

Sounds good. Its a deal.

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Sounds good. Its a deal.
Ok good deal! FYI, ill probably leave Dallas around 4 am that morning so ill beat you boys to Sweeny. Want me to go plug my head set in before you guys get there?

IHStangFan
06-18-2007, 12:36 PM
I might put a Needville game on my schedule I'm hoping they play up to the hype. I know they'll be good, and I'm willing to bet they make some noise in the playoffs. They did not lose anyone, went 7-3 last year and didn't even make the playoffs. They beat the Port Lavaca team that dismantled the Reg. IV champs Ingleside. Needville has the potential to do great things this year. We shall see :) GO JAYS!!

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm hoping they play up to the hype. I know they'll be good, and I'm willing to bet they make some noise in the playoffs. They did not lose anyone, went 7-3 last year and didn't even make the playoffs. They beat the Port Lavaca team that dismantled the Reg. IV champs Ingleside. Needville has the potential to do great things this year. We shall see :) GO JAYS!!
You gonna sit next to me at the Sweeny/Needville game? Im still and quiet

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm hoping they play up to the hype. I know they'll be good, and I'm willing to bet they make some noise in the playoffs. They did not lose anyone, went 7-3 last year and didn't even make the playoffs. They beat the Port Lavaca team that dismantled the Reg. IV champs Ingleside. Needville has the potential to do great things this year. We shall see :) GO JAYS!!
Oh yeah, and Coach Crowe promised that I would get to call the first offensive play. Yall are gonna be up by six after your first possesion. :clap:

IHStangFan
06-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah, and Coach Crowe promised that I would get to call the first offensive play. Yall are gonna be up by six after your first possesion. :clap: LOL!! flea flicker!! FLEA FLICKER!! Heck yeah, provided I'm off for the Sweeny game, I'll be there. I'm excited about football season!! WOOHOO!!

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
LOL!! flea flicker!! FLEA FLICKER!! Heck yeah, provided I'm off for the Sweeny game, I'll be there. I'm excited about football season!! WOOHOO!!
I was thinkin more of a double reverse flea flicker but from the statue of liberty and the throw bounces off the TE's helmet and into the hands of one of the guards who then laterals it to the Center. Coach Crowe, can you guys start working on that on the first day of two a days????

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I was thinkin more of a double reverse flea flicker but from the statue of liberty and the throw bounces off the TE's helmet and into the hands of one of the guards who then laterals it to the Center. Coach Crowe, can you guys start working on that on the first day of two a days????
If not, Ill just call a trap or somethin

IHStangFan
06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I was thinkin more of a double reverse flea flicker but from the statue of liberty and the throw bounces off the TE's helmet and into the hands of one of the guards who then laterals it to the Center. Coach Crowe, can you guys start working on that on the first day of two a days???? LOL!!! NIIIIICE.....a modified flea flicker/hook and ladder w/ a twist...I like it!

Snydertigersrul
06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
My darkhorses, Royce City and Celina

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 01:07 PM
LOL!!! NIIIIICE.....a modified flea flicker/hook and ladder w/ a twist...I like it!
Yeah, I think its gonna work. Of course, I dunno what we are gonna do if Sweeny scrapes it ends cuz I dont think our Center is gonna be able to get to the corner and on his route very quickly. If that happens, I think we will have to use the "Play Possum" version in mid play. Center pulls up with a cramp or a fake anurism and we get the ball to him that way.

IHStangFan
06-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I think its gonna work. Of course, I dunno what we are gonna do if Sweeny scrapes it ends cuz I dont think our Center is gonna be able to get to the corner and on his route very quickly. If that happens, I think we will have to use the "Play Possum" version in mid play. Center pulls up with a cramp or a fake anurism and we get the ball to him that way. :D do you know where I can find a sched. for the Blue Jays ??

Crow22
06-18-2007, 01:28 PM
:D do you know where I can find a sched. for the Blue Jays ??

G- if you call a "touchdown play" on the first play....you just keep calling them....

IHS...go to Needvilleisd.com and use the link to the HS and then to athletics. There's a schedule there I think...

IHStangFan
06-18-2007, 01:35 PM
G- if you call a "touchdown play" on the first play....you just keep calling them....

IHS...go to Needvilleisd.com and use the link to the HS and then to athletics. There's a schedule there I think... I'm able to find a 2006 sched. but no 2007.

carter08
06-18-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm able to find a 2006 sched. but no 2007.

Flip home and away dates.

IHStangFan
06-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Flip home and away dates. even scrimages, preseason, nondistrict, etc??

Gsquared
06-18-2007, 01:41 PM

IHS...go to Needvilleisd.com and use the link to the HS and then to athletics. There's a schedule there I think...
Sounds good. The best call ill have all night might seem a little conservative to the un-trained eye, but, im gonna wait till we get the ball on the Sweeny 5 yard line and im gonna call a quick kick on 2nd down, that way, we pin em inside thier own 1. Its all about field posistion in this kind of game.

tigerpride_08
06-18-2007, 02:37 PM

should pick the always heated Needville @ Wharton game...:D

carter08
06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
should pick the always heated Needville @ Wharton game...:D

or Needville @ Columbia.

Wait. Does Needville really get the Columbia treatment from last year? Road games against the other 3 Top teams?

Cause that sucks for them.

tigerpride_08
06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
or Needville @ Columbia.

Wait. Does Needville really get the Columbia treatment from last year? Road games against the other 3 Top teams?

Cause that sucks for them.

we play in Columbia this year...

Ranger Mom
06-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
My darkhorses, Royce City and Celina

????:confused:

How could either of those teams be considered a "darkhorse"??

What is YOUR definition of a "darkhorse?"

carter08
06-18-2007, 02:43 PM
we play in Columbia this year...

Yea.

But Needville has to go on the road against Sweeny, Wharton, and Columbia. Right?

Cause thats a tough schedule. Columbia did that last year (Needville, Wharton, Sweeny) and went 1-2 in that stretch. That could be the one thing that costs Needville district, having to play those tough road games.

tigerpride_08
06-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Yea.

But Needville has to go on the road against Sweeny, Wharton, and Columbia. Right?

Cause thats a tough schedule. Columbia did that last year (Needville, Wharton, Sweeny) and went 1-2 in that stretch. That could be the one thing that costs Needville district, having to play those tough road games.

true...Columbia and Wharton are tough places to play...:D

carter08
06-18-2007, 02:45 PM
true...Columbia and Wharton are tough places to play...:D

And Sweeny is tough when they shut the lights off to stall the opponents momentum.

JHS_c/o_06'
06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
look for Jasper......new coach......high expectations.

No Show Jones
06-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Navasota and they also have a great looking field going for them.

pooch
06-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Canyon.

dogdad
06-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Decatur

BILLYFRED0000
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Prosper. They might have something goin over there. Besides Deons camps that is. I think that their growth in size has gotten them a few athletes and enough new people that the old boy network is getting beaten down. Used to be you had to play certain people just to keep your job. Winning came secondary.
That might be a changin. I liked what I saw last year. They played us as well as anybody at 35 7 and looked decent doing it.

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2007, 07:31 PM
even scrimages, preseason, nondistrict, etc??
Bump the dates by one day - if the '06 game was 9/1, '07 game will be 8/31.....and so on.

piratebg
06-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Sinton. They will reload, might be a a little rough in the start with 3 of first 4 teams being rank in the top 20, Cuero in 3a and 4a Gregory Portland :) Kittens and 4a Beeville Trojans.

I'm not going into this coming season with expectations too high. That way, if the Pirates do good, it will come as a pleasant surprise. :)

Gsquared
06-19-2007, 06:49 AM
I hope Sinton does well!