19. Breckenridge (6-4)
20. Gainesville (1-9)

This is basically a breakdown i use when putting the top 100 together

pooch
06-17-2007, 09:57 PM
WF Hirshi at 14, really? I thought they were packed with peanuts. :kiss:

loboes86
06-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Someone please explain what has Andrews ranked so high ? Unless they have some kids coming up from what I saw last year their still going to be down. Only reason they made it out of District last year was because of Lamesa.:confused:

Adidas410s
06-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Someone please explain what has Andrews ranked so high ? Unless they have some kids coming up from what I saw last year their still going to be down. Only reason they made it out of District last year was because of Lamesa.:confused: #8 in the region really isn't all that impressive...

They'll make the playoffs and win a round or two cuz their half of the bracket is pretty crappy.

charlesrixey
06-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Someone please explain what has Andrews ranked so high ? Unless they have some kids coming up from what I saw last year their still going to be down. Only reason they made it out of District last year was because of Lamesa.:confused:

easy---from what i could tell, Andrews has more coming back--which isn't always better, but then, Andrews is a historically good team, and when decent programs get lots of returning experience, they normally improve a good deal. Monahans will probably have a better record (1-3A is easier than 3-3A, even if it is twice as big) and is a good team (they are only ten spots or so separating the two in the top 100, which is a small gap), but i think if they play against each other that Andrews would win

it is that simple. i may not be right, but that's my meaningless opinion as we sit here twiddling our thumbs during the pre-season, before even two a days. So take it with a grain of salt--this is not a perfect prediction, merely a guess

Old Tiger
06-17-2007, 10:26 PM
STR has yet to post on this.

charlesrixey
06-17-2007, 10:27 PM
STR has responded in the top 100 thread--quite interesting

carter08
06-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
STR has yet to post on this.

He wants to say "Snyder would beat them all", but he forgot how to spell beat, would, all, them, and Snyder.

loboes86
06-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
easy---from what i could tell, Andrews has more coming back--which isn't always better, but then, Andrews is a historically good team, and when decent programs get lots of returning experience, they normally improve a good deal. Monahans will probably have a better record (1-3A is easier than 3-3A, even if it is twice as big) and is a good team (they are only ten spots or so separating the two in the top 100, which is a small gap), but i think if they play against each other that Andrews would win

it is that simple. i may not be right, but that's my meaningless opinion as we sit here twiddling our thumbs during the pre-season, before even two a days. So take it with a grain of salt--this is not a perfect prediction, merely a guess They may have more coming back but from what I saw in the last two years teams they did'nt have much . As far as them beating Monahans we'll know after the 3rd game,4th if you count the open week. We play or scrimage all but Lamesa from District 3. I agree that they usually have a good team, just from what I've seen the last few years they have a ways to go.

pooch
06-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by carter08
He wants to say "Snyder would beat them all", but he forgot how to spell beat, would, all, them, and Snyder.

i think that's funny. BTW, my little girl typed this for me....

charlesrixey
06-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by pooch
i think that's funny. BTW, my little girl typed this for me....

:clap:

Mot'r Boat'r
06-19-2007, 11:14 AM
i remember the glory days of Andrews...they used to be a 4A POWERHOUSE...kinda sad what they've become....oil-fields drying up

charlesrixey
06-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Mot'r Boat'r
i remember the glory days of Andrews...they used to be a 4A POWERHOUSE...kinda sad what they've become....oil-fields drying up

Isn't that where Shaud Williams came from?

Ranger Mom
06-19-2007, 11:19 AM

They have something going on there though...I remember hearing it on the news the other day about all the houses being built there.....will they even STAY 3-A??:thinking: :thinking:

Mot'r Boat'r
06-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Isn't that where Shaud Williams came from?

yeah....he was a HOSS back in the day, i remember hearing about him when we were playing as well....i'm glad we never had to match up against him, he might have had his way with me

DaHop72
06-19-2007, 01:36 PM
....oil-fields drying up Yes, the wise one speaks again, I guess that's why all the drillings are in the air around Andrews right now.:rolleyes:

mchavez
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Dont see why Graham at #1! I see a few teams better than them!! They're not all that great!

Mot'r Boat'r
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Yes, the wise one speaks again, I guess that's why all the drillings are in the air around Andrews right now.:rolleyes:

You're just a funny guy aren't ya! I don't think i ever claimed to be the wise one....but you sure seem to be the know-it-all!

DaHop72
06-19-2007, 03:26 PM
You're just a funny guy aren't ya! I don't think i ever claimed to be the wise one....but you sure seem to be the know-it-all! I don't guess you've been to Andrews lately or you wouldn't have made the dryed up oil field statement.:rolleyes:

mustang04
06-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I don't guess you've been to Andrews lately or you wouldn't have made the dryed up oil field statement.:rolleyes:

i try to stay out of crap-holes as much as possible...but glad to know you can adapt!!;)

mustang04
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM
sry...i had to put the diss on snyder right there! and what do you have against the mustangs motor>?

GetRDoneStangs
06-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
sry...i had to put the diss on snyder right there! and what do you have against the mustangs motor>?
I don't think he knows that Andrews is Mustangs TOO???

He definately doesn't know about the oil patch...(or at least the West Texas one)..... try to find an apartment, house, or a hotel in Midland, Odessa, Andrews....and you might find yourself staying in your car!!:D :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

KTA
06-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Dont see why Graham at #1! I see a few teams better than them!! They're not all that great!

Who would you put infront of them?

charlesrixey
06-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by KTA

Exactly!

DaHop72
06-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i try to stay out of crap-holes as much as possible...but glad to know you can adapt!!;) If it's to take a team to the National Little Dribblers tournament I'll go just about anywhere in the great state of TEXAS.:thumbsup:

BILLYFRED0000
06-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Decatur or Abilene Wylie.

charlesrixey
06-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Decatur or Abilene Wylie.

you can argue for wylie, but i think decatur is not top tier this year. They may have missed their best window

They will definately be a top 40 team, but the first round has killed them the last two years, and the gap between them and the rest of their district has started to close a little

Mot'r Boat'r
06-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I don't think he knows that Andrews is Mustangs TOO???

He definately doesn't know about the oil patch...(or at least the West Texas one)..... try to find an apartment, house, or a hotel in Midland, Odessa, Andrews....and you might find yourself staying in your car!!:D :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

i know good and well they are the mustangs....one of my old college roommates played for stephenville back when they played shaud williams in...well good gosh it was in sweetwater...heard that game was crazy

and as fro my knowledge on the oil field drying up, i was just saying that as an 'excuse ' for their talent starting to lack....i didn't mean it as a serious "well their production is down 15% from last quarter etc..."

Macarthur
06-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I have no idea where they should be ranked, but I think Iowa Park will bounce back in a big way this year.

They had a lot of youth on their team last year. Also, let's not forget Ellis is still there. He's a very good coach and has built a solid program. They won't stay down long.

charlesrixey
06-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I have no idea where they should be ranked, but I think Iowa Park will bounce back in a big way this year.

They had a lot of youth on their team last year. Also, let's not forget Ellis is still there. He's a very good coach and has built a solid program. They won't stay down long.

Hence my #41 ranking for them

DoeBrae
06-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Graham by far has the mos potential in the region. They have a lot of key players returning.
I think that District 6-3A is going to be tough and no matter what 3 teams make the playoffs they all might make a significant run.
Especially watch out for WF Hirschi, #14 is way too low for them
They have some key players returning and have some good up and comers. They are going to be even faster and more athletic than last year.

Tres Lobos
06-20-2007, 11:43 PM
I still don't see how Andrews can even be ahead of us (monahans), but it don't matter just talking about it on here, everyone will find out when we play them in week 5 i think? And yes i think graham is the best team in the region, Mccoy is gonna be a great quarterback and he was already turning into one at the end of last year, but i'm just ready for the season to start and see how the whole region turns out, looks like it will be pretty exciting

BILLYFRED0000
06-21-2007, 12:44 AM
you can argue for wylie, but i think decatur is not top tier this year. They may have missed their best window

They will definately be a top 40 team, but the first round has killed them the last two years, and the gap between them and the rest of their district has started to close a little

I think my point of view is that I do not see graham being any better than Decatur. But it is just my opinion.