View Full Version : Dctf

smustangs
06-17-2007, 07:54 PM
finally got my magazine im not going to be worth a crap the rest of tonight

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by smustangs

Unless you support 4A or 5A teams or the smaller schools who were ranked merely because of past success regardless of returning key players, you shouldn't be all that impressed. It's nothing like it used to be when Dave Campbell actually helped research the team capsules.

If you're not Southlake Carroll, Westlake, Highland Park, LaMarque, Celina or Mart, they baiscally throw bones up in the air and randomly plop teams wherever they land.

charlesrixey
06-17-2007, 08:10 PM
the team information is still good, but they don't really pay attention when guessing the districts or writing the class intros

Emerson1
06-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Good thing there is hundreds of pages and the overall rankings take up maybe 1 page worth of that.

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Good thing there is hundreds of pages and the overall rankings take up maybe 1 page worth of that.

yea, especially since millions of people read and re-read those priceless articles about junior college football, Sul Ross and Howard Payne.

Emerson1
06-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by CautionOrange
yea, especially since millions of people read and re-read those priceless articles about junior college football, Sul Ross and Howard Payne.
Or the multi page articles of every team in the big 12, plus many of the colleges in Texas. Or the thousand or so articles covering every HS team in the state. Along with articles on the top players in the state and the long article about the cover. I highly doubt anyone buys the magazine just for their top 25 rankings

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Or the multi page articles of every team in the big 12, plus many of the colleges in Texas. Or the thousand or so articles covering every HS team in the state. Along with articles on the top players in the state and the long article about the cover. I highly doubt anyone buys the magazine just for their top 25 rankings

That's a bold assumption. I've encountered DOZENS of people (women count, you know) who don't a rat's behind about UTEP or championship team photos of parochial teams whose players weigh an average 110 pounds - at least not for $10. $6 perhaps.

Emerson1
06-17-2007, 08:34 PM
That's a bold assumption. I've encountered DOZENS of people (women count, you know) who don't a rat's behind about UTEP - at least not for $10. $7 perhaps.
What is a bold assumption? That no one buys the magazine just to see the top 25. I think that is pretty accurate. It has been known for awhile that the DCTF top 25 is usually garbage, that is why there is hundreds of pages of other content to read.

I hope you registered on a free email account

Keith7
06-17-2007, 08:36 PM
That's a bold assumption. I've encountered DOZENS of people (women count, you know) who don't a rat's behind about UTEP or championship team photos of parochial teams whose players weigh an average 110 pounds - at least not for $10. $6 perhaps.

ok? don't buy it then..

smustangs
06-17-2007, 08:38 PM

but some of us who care about the whole state and those schools like tarleton or UTEP so if you feel so bad about reading about those schools dont buy it no one forced you too. I hate when ppl buy the magazing then piss and moan about it the whole time

smustangs
06-17-2007, 08:39 PM

haha me too

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 09:00 PM
haha me too

Sorry, I left off Tarlington State. :-)

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 09:01 PM
.. but I do think Stephenville should be hyped.

Phantom Stang
06-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Where did you buy it?

smustangs
06-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Where did you buy it?

wal mart here in stephenville

District303aPastPlayer
06-18-2007, 10:05 AM
HEB in portland has it, for you SoTex folks :)

Ranger Mom
06-18-2007, 10:06 AM
What is a bold assumption? That no one buys the magazine just to see the top 25. I think that is pretty accurate. It has been known for awhile that the DCTF top 25 is usually garbage, that is why there is hundreds of pages of other content to read.

I read the 3-A section from beginning to end...and I never once looked at the rankings. I just read what each individual team lost, had coming back, etc. That is basically the only reason I even buy it!!

pirate4state
06-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I hope you registered on a free email account omg LMAO

I finally got mine while in Cuero this weekend. :nerd: I haven't even had time to make a dent in the darn thing. :( I did read our district outlook. :dispntd:

District303aPastPlayer
06-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
omg LMAO

I finally got mine while in Cuero this weekend. :nerd: I haven't even had time to make a dent in the darn thing. :( I did read our district outlook. :dispntd:

i just looked at the cover... i havent even bought it... i guess you know what i'll be doing on my lunch break today

pirate4state
06-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i just looked at the cover... i havent even bought it... i guess you know what i'll be doing on my lunch break today guess so - it was only $8.95 plus i'll have it all year to refer back to :nerd: :D