PDA

View Full Version : quest for the 23-3A title

winthebigone
06-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Anybody have any comments on Dave Campbell's Texas Football's 23-3A rankings?

1. Giddings
2. Bellville
3. Navasota
4. LaGrange
5. Caldwell
6. Smithville

Giddings is also the pre-season #1 team in 3A.

Several questions can be asked:

1. Can Fitzehenry fully recover from his knee injury?
2. Can Navasota build momentum from last year?
3. Can Bellville reload like they always do?
4. How will graduation affect LaGrange?
5. How good can Caldwell be in their second year running the LH offense?

Bull's-eye
06-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Caldwell isn't really getting any respect, I think they should be second or third.

zebrablue2
06-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I would love to be in the 5th spot. Nothing to lose. and everything
to gain.

rancher
06-17-2007, 04:57 PM
BELLVILLE WILL BE IN THE 4TH SPOT IF THEY DONT FIND A QUARTERBACK.

Pudlugger
06-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I have Caldwell in 3rd and the Leps in 5th. They will have a stellar defense with 8 back but only one starter on offense and a young O line. Pretty much what they had in 2004 when they went 2-8 losing most in close contests in the fourth quarter after the O failed to capitalize on the opportunities and the D finally caved in. The offense was very unidimensional last season and this year will be a huge question mark. It remains to be seen what the underclassmen from a promising group since 8th grade can put together to rebuild this team. Caldwell is very under rated IMO and might surprise some folks this year. Navasota has some real talent including a junior RB who gave the Leps fits last year. When Coach went looking for another job after the 2006 season I had to think. I have the Leps going 4-6 this year. I hope I am wrong.

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I have Caldwell in 3rd and the Leps in 5th. They will have a stellar defense with 8 back but only one starter on offense and a young O line. Pretty much what they had in 2004 when they went 2-8 losing most in close contests in the fourth quarter after the O failed to capitalize on the opportunities and the D finally caved in. The offense was very unidimensional last season and this year will be a huge question mark. It remains to be seen what the underclassmen from a promising group since 8th grade can put together to rebuild this team. Caldwell is very under rated IMO and might surprise some folks this year. Navasota has some real talent including a junior RB who gave the Leps fits last year. I have the Leps going 4-6 this year. I hope I am wrong.

Thanks for your insightful - and objective - posts, pudmeister. LG always demonstrates class, no matter the outcome, and you by far have the most scenic community in the league.