PDA

View Full Version : What stadium would you like to see a game at?

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Note: The question is about the stadium, not the game in the stadium!

For me it would be Memorial in Austin and Ratliff in Odessa.

I'm not really a "stadium guy" and I'm not picky at all when it comes to stadiums.

The new ones - Waco ISD, etc... certainly don't have any special appeal to me!

In the past few years I saw my first game at the Mustang Bowl, Tyler Rose, and Shotwell.

I wasn't in awe, but now I can say I have seen a game at them.

I've seen a game at just about every major college's stadium except Texas.

And Ratliff is the only high school stadium that comes to mind that it'd be nice to see a game at just to be able to say I saw a game there.

g$$
06-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Note: The question is about the stadium, not the game in the stadium!

For me it would be Memorial in Austin and Ratliff in Odessa.

I'm not really a "stadium guy" and I'm not picky at all when it comes to stadiums.

The new ones - Waco ISD, etc... certainly don't have any special appeal to me!

In the past few years I saw my first game at the Mustang Bowl, Tyler Rose, and Shotwell.

I wasn't in awe, but now I can say I have seen a game at them.

I've seen a game at just about every major college's stadium except Texas.

And Ratliff is the only high school stadium that comes to mind that it'd be nice to see a game at just to be able to say I saw a game there.

Seriously & objectively, what special appeal does DKR in Austin have other than if you are a Longhorn? It will be very nice again after the renovations are finished, but it is never mentioned by football people who travel the country as one of the best. It has needed work for quite some time to be honest (lower bowl, etc.). Kyle Field has made the list many times, esp. when A&M was dominant at home in the '90s (3 decks on each side, The Zone, 12th Man, etc.). So does the Swamp, Notre Dame, Michigan, Tennessee, etc.

For me, I would like to watch a game at Michigan's Big House, Florida's Swamp, Tennessee, Nebraska, & I guess Notre Dame. Anywhere in the South would be a treat, like Georgia...

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Wrigley Field is the one professional stadium that I've always dreamed about visiting.

I'd like to visit Yankee Stadium before it shuts down, but I doubt it will happen.

I wanted to see Texas Stadium growing up, and I got to be on the sidelines my senior year for the Forney-Everman game.

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Seriously & objectively, what special appeal does DKR in Austin have other than if you are a Longhorn? It will be very nice again after the renovations are finished, but it is never mentioned by football people who travel the country as one of the best. It has needed work for quite some time to be honest (lower bowl, etc.). Kyle Field has made the list many times, esp. when A&M was dominant at home in the '90s (3 decks on each side, The Zone, 12th Man, etc.). So does the Swamp, Notre Dame, Michigan, Tennessee, etc.

For me, I would like to watch a game at Michigan's Big House, Florida's Swamp, Tennessee, Nebraska, & I guess Notre Dame. Anywhere in the South would be a treat, like Georgia...

Well, I am a Texas fan so that is the appeal of DKR.

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 11:40 PM
I was looking for football stadiums in Texas, BUT I should have known if I wasn't specific I'd get all sorts of replies!

Since we have taken this other directions...

Fenway and Wrigley would be at the top of my list!

g$$
06-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Well, I am a Texas fan so that is the appeal of DKR.

Gotcha.

I have been to Wrigley Field but the Cubs were out of town (just walked around & stuff). Yankee Stadium & Fenway Park are dreams too, but my parents did go to Fenway. I have always wanted to travel to every MLB park when time & $$ permits. Maybe one day!

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 11:45 PM
As far as a HS stadium, I heard Pennington Field was packed out when Forney and Everman played there...I've always wanted to see it.

burnet44
06-17-2007, 12:01 AM
1. Fenway Park
2. Wrigley Field
3. lambeau Field December and snowing
4. GILLETTE STADIUM, NEW ENGLAND snowing
5. Cleveland
6. LINCOLN FIELD, PHILADELPHIA
7. SOLDIER FIELD, CHICAGO
8. Notre Dame
9. Michigan
10. Nebraska

Texas?

1. UT
2. old Bulldog Field Burnet
3. San Saba
4. Mason Puncher Dome
5. House Park Austin
6. Valley Mills the cemetary is the east end zone
7. Van Vleck
8. Hamlin
9. Tully
10. Palestine

g$$
06-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
1. Fenway Park
2. Wrigley Field
3. lambeau Field December and snowing
4. GILLETTE STADIUM, NEW ENGLAND snowing
5. Cleveland
6. LINCOLN FIELD, PHILADELPHIA
7. SOLDIER FIELD, CHICAGO
8. Notre Dame
9. Michigan
10. Nebraska

Texas?

1. UT
2. old Bulldog Field Burnet
3. San Saba
4. Mason Puncher Dome
5. House Park Austin
6. Valley Mills the cemetary is the east end zone
7. Van Vleck
8. Hamlin
9. Tully
10. Palestine

Van Vleck? It is nothing special but we used to have some thrillers over there before the "demographics" changed! Before, during, & after the games!

kepdawg
06-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
3. Mason Puncher Dome

That would be cool!

http://www.masonisd.net/images/PD3006.jpg

g$$
06-17-2007, 12:15 AM
That would be cool!

My friends from Junction simply hate Mason! That is one heated rivalry. They did not even get along in college!

CalallenWildcat
06-17-2007, 01:45 AM
FOOTBALL

10. Beaver Stadium, Penn State
9. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Florida
8. Memorial Stadium, Nebraska
7. Memorial Stadium, Clemson
6. Ohio Stadium, Ohio State
5. Bryant-Denny Stadium, Alabama
4. Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
3. Michigan Stadium, Michigan
2. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, USC
1. Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame

Best Stadiums I have seen games in:

1. Rose Bowl
2. Tiger Stadium, LSU
3. Cotton Bowl
4. DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium
5. Reliant Stadium, Houston - Houston Bowl
6. Alamodome - Alamo Bowl

Honorable Mention for facilities but not for atmosphere - Ford Stadium, SMU

BASEBALL

5. Dodger Stadium, LA
4. Camden Yards, Baltimore
3. Yankee Stadium, Bronx
2. Wrigley Field, Chicago
1. Fenway Park, Boston

zebrablue2
06-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Fenway, at the top of the green monster.

EagleFan1997
06-17-2007, 09:04 AM
I would love to see

Baseball
1.Fenway
2.Yankee Stadium
3.Wrigley Field

College Football
1. DRK
2. Cotton Bowl in Dallas
3. Rose Bowl

High School Football
1. Shotwell Stadium
2. Grande Communications Stadium
3. San Angelo Stadium

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Agreed. I've seen a few there: Cameron vs. Cuero; Refugio vs. Lorena; Temple vs. Houston Yates; and Caldwell vs. Cuero.... and it didn't do much for me. Also, it's getting dumb how both A&M and UT always seem to try to one-up each other with "renovations." Before long, they'll be wanting to destroy I-35 to make room for more "VIP" seats where you can't see anything.

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 09:28 AM
I do miss Caldwell's old stadium, though. It had a lot more character than the current one. One end of the field was about 20 feet above the street that runs behind where the east goal post was. And it seated more people. Go figure.

Gobbla2001
06-17-2007, 09:30 AM
That would be cool!

we've been there but I want to see a game there...

Bull Butter
06-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Of those I've not been to, but would like to............

Baseball:
1. Dodger Stadium
2. Fenway park
3. Wrigley
4. The one in Frisco (Dr. Pepper?)

Football:
1. Michigan (the big house)
2. Ohio State
3. Tennessee (tho I'd stick out like a sore thumb because I don't own anything orange)

HS Football.......
1. Waco ISD
2. Shotwell

Adidas410s
06-17-2007, 10:14 AM
always wanted to go to a game at DKR (for the experience...I'll be going for Tech/Texas this fall). Mason is definitely one I've wanted to visit as well. I also want to go to Cypress to see their facilities. A double deck stadium for HS (while excessive) sounds really cool.

And yes...going to a game at Fenway Park IS that cool! :) I want to go back next summer and sit on top of the Monster since that wasn't there the last time I went to a game there.

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 10:16 AM
For the record, Round Rock ISD stadium has more bells and whistles than the one in Waco.

Emerson1
06-17-2007, 10:27 AM
RR ISD stadiums sucks. You are 100 yards from the field.

I would love to see one at DKR, Ohio State or Tennessee. I saw my first college game at Tech last year against Texas, I can't imagine a stadium with triple the capacity.

Bull's-eye
06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Cy-Fair's Berry Center is very nice! First high school stadium that I noticed accepting credit cards at the concession stands.

Bull19
06-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Cy-Fair's Berry Center is very nice! First high school stadium that I noticed accepting credit cards at the concession stands.

THATS THE SAME FIELD I WAS THINKING..............ITS LIKE A MINI KYLE FIELD BUT WITH BRICK

Adidas410s
06-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I would love to see one at DKR, Ohio State or Tennessee. I saw my first college game at Tech last year against Texas, I can't imagine a stadium with triple the capacity.

DKR isn't triple the size of Tech. There isn't a stadium with triple the capacity (159,000) of Jones Stadium (53,000). DKR has a capicty of 85,000...so about 60% bigger than Jones.

Phantom Stang
06-17-2007, 02:25 PM
I'd like to see a game at the "Dawg Pound" in Jasper. From the pictures I have seen, and the comments that I've read; it's an older stadium with character.

Matthew328
06-17-2007, 04:19 PM
I wanna see a game at House Park in Austin...I know its old but I like the old stadiums with charm

I'd like to see a game at Berry Center also

JR2004
06-17-2007, 04:25 PM
I'd love to watch a game in South Bend. I grew up liking UT and Notre Dame and hope to get to go to South Bend to see a game there over the next few years. I had a cousin go there several years ago to watch a game and he said hands-down it was the greatest experience he's ever had at a football game.

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I wanna see a game at House Park in Austin...I know its old but I like the old stadiums with charm

I'd like to see a game at Berry Center also

Yea, House Park is real cozy. Another cool site is Alamo Stadium in San Antonio (not to be confused with Alamodome). I saw Flour Mound Marcus beat SA Roosevelt for state there about 10 years ago. It rests on hills (like Tyle Rose Stadium and Pflugerville) and has a real stonewall mission/fortress feel to it. Not many playoff games there, though.

Bull Butter
06-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by CautionOrange
Yea, House Park is real cozy. Another cool site is Alamo Stadium in San Antonio (not to be confused with Alamodome). I saw Flour Mound Marcus beat SA Roosevelt for state there about 10 years ago. It rests on hills (like Tyle Rose Stadium and Pflugerville) and has a real stonewall mission/fortress feel to it. Not many playoff games there, though.

The site of Port Isabel's 63-61 4 OT win over Rice Consolidated in 2003:clap:

Also San Antonio Lee (with Linus Baer) defeated San Antonio Brackenridge (Warren McVea) 55-48 in 1963. On of the most famous games in Texas HS history.

CautionOrange
06-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
The site of Port Isabel's 63-61 4 OT win over Rice Consolidated in 2003:clap:

Also San Antonio Lee (with Linus Baer) defeated San Antonio Brackenridge (Warren McVea) 55-48 in 1963. On of the most famous games in Texas HS history.

Very interesting. Thanks.

pooch
06-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Texas HS stadiums in no order...
Tomato Bowl in jacksonville
Clarendon's stadium (looks pretty cool from the outside...one of those CCC project's from way back when...)
Puncherdome

College fields...?
never been to WTAMU

Nationally?
would love to go to Wrigley, PNC park in Pittsburg (very fortunate to have gone to Fenway, yankee stadium, ole Brewer ballpark, and Coors Field)
Colleges? Univ. of Washington stadium
Tennesse Neyland stadium
LSU's Death Valley
Michigan stadium
Boise state

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by pooch
College fields...?
never been to WTAMU
I remember that being a really cool place, but that was close to 40 years ago. :(

CalallenWildcat
06-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I remember that being a really cool place, but that was close to 40 years ago. :(

http://www.d2football.com/images/stadium/west_texas_am_stadium_2.jpg

g$$
06-18-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by CautionOrange
Agreed. I've seen a few there: Cameron vs. Cuero; Refugio vs. Lorena; Temple vs. Houston Yates; and Caldwell vs. Cuero.... and it didn't do much for me. Also, it's getting dumb how both A&M and UT always seem to try to one-up each other with "renovations." Before long, they'll be wanting to destroy I-35 to make room for more "VIP" seats where you can't see anything.

That is plain & simple "keeping up with the Joneses". In the '70s, Texas went to turf, so A&M followed suit. In the '90s, A&M went to grass, so Texas did too. Last year, A&M installed a huge new scoreboard & video screen (plus ribbon boards), so Texas quickly put up a bigger board not even finished yet. Big yes, but gawdy & unfinished. It will always be that way for obvious reasons. Does get silly though, agreed.

pooch
06-18-2007, 05:26 PM

dude, you're old...:kiss:

that's when it was WTSU, right?

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by pooch
dude, you're old...:kiss:

that's when it was WTSU, right?
Yes it was. And yes, I am. ;)

Odis
06-18-2007, 05:36 PM
I am partial to Hawk stadium in Iowa Park.

The stadium in Vernon stinks.

pooch
06-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes it was. And yes, I am. ;)

:clap: well, you're experienced then....i am on my way to being that way too....lol

pooch
06-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Odis

Odis, I like IP's lights for some reason...maybe because they remind of an English soccer stadium lights?

cheers.

:cool:

Phantom Stang
06-18-2007, 05:40 PM

Aren't you from Iowa Park?
And you've never seen a game at Hawk Stadium?

You need to get out more.:p

Odis
06-18-2007, 05:43 PM
>>Aren't you from Iowa Park?
And you've never seen a game at Hawk Stadium<<

What the hades? Are you stupid, son?

Partial according to Websters: "Fond of, having a liking for"

Heck Fire!! I been to more games at Hawk Stadium than you been at games.

Phantom Stang
06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
>>Aren't you from Iowa Park?
And you've never seen a game at Hawk Stadium<<

What the hades? Are you stupid, son?

Partial according to Websters: "Fond of, having a liking for"

Heck Fire!! I been to more games at Hawk Stadium than you been at games.
Look over this thread starting with the title, and you'll see that it's about stadiums you'd like to see a game at but haven't.

Incidentally, I'm old enough to be flattered when someone calls me "son".;)

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I've been there a few times, but another interesting stadium if anyone gets the chance is Spur. :)

Snydertigersrul
06-18-2007, 06:38 PM
How about Wildcat Stadium in Palestine?

bobcat1
06-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Well first Celina vs. Robinson at Pennington field to get it started and then in December 2007, Celina vs. Liberty Hill at Baylor. One more time please? :D

Snydertigersrul
06-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
December 2007, Celina vs. Liberty Hill at Baylor. One more time please? :D

Don't bank on it, better schedule it during the regular season.

:D

BILLYFRED0000
06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

Yeah your right. LH might not make it this year. Hard to win back to back much less back to back to back to back and so on.....:D

Snydertigersrul
06-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah your right. LH might not make it this year. Hard to win back to back much less back to back to back to back and so on.....:D

We shall see. Hey, what type of recruiting year did Celina have this time?

bobcat1
06-18-2007, 06:52 PM

I pray Snyder makes it past Vernon this year. Just once! It's only fair. Then we could get the excuses. :D

Snydertigersrul
06-18-2007, 06:53 PM
I pray Snyder makes it past Vernon this year. Just once! It's only fair. Then we could get the excuses. :D

We will, the question could we play Celina. We welcome that challenge.

bobcat1
06-18-2007, 06:57 PM
We will, the question could we play Celina. We welcome that challenge. It's only fair Lord. You see they want it too. :evillol:

lostaussie
06-18-2007, 07:04 PM
I pray Snyder makes it past Vernon this year. Just once! It's only fair. Then we could get the excuses. :D it's not fair bobcat..............iv'e seen it in action:D..................please forgive me hopster:)

bobcat1
06-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
it's not fair bobcat..............iv'e seen it in action:D..................please forgive me hopster:)

Ditto to the Hops! What pear did snydertigersfool come out from under? Good lord did someone put battery acid in his bottle as a baby? :thinking:

pooch
06-18-2007, 09:11 PM
anyone been to Alamo stadium in San Antonio?