PDA

View Full Version : Please Make Your Choice

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 10:08 PM
The UIL Legislative Council will decide in October whether to place teams in two divisions at realignment. What's your opinion on the issue.

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Please provide more details. I have yet to see anything suggesting that the UIL is considering any such split in any classification other than 5A.

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Please provide more details. I have yet to see anything suggesting that the UIL is considering any such split in any classification other than 5A.

The plan is do split all classifications, not just 5A. I think that has confused some. At the meetings, all they talk about is 5A, but the proposal would split the other classes too.

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The plan is do split all classifications, not just 5A. I think that has confused some. At the meetings, all they talk about is 5A, but the proposal would split the other classes too.

How do we know this? As I stated, I have yet to see anything credible stating such and do not believe the UIL thinks there is a need to do so.

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 10:48 PM
How do we know this? As I stated, I have yet to see anything credible stating such and do not believe the UIL thinks there is a need to do so.

This story clearly states that all classifications would be changed:

Dallas Morning News on proposed divisions (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/061107dnspohsrealignment.2d27e2e.html)

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 10:53 PM
and here's the Abeline paper talking about what could happen with some 3A schools:

http://www4.reporternews.com/news/2007/apr/14/proposed-plan-would-alter-texas-hs-football/?printer=1/

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
This story clearly states that all classifications would be changed:

Dallas Morning News on proposed divisions (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/061107dnspohsrealignment.2d27e2e.html)

Thank you.

Now I will say that it would be a horrible mistake to do this!

Perhaps I'm old school or traditional or whatever you'd like to label me, but I don't like the idea of playing some schools in football and others in every other sport!

Part of what made high school so fun was the rivalries with other schools. Obviously the more times schools compete against each other the greater the opportunity for the rivalry to grow. I just don't like the idea of playing a district football game against a school and then not competing against them until the next year!

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Thank you.

Now I will say that it would be a horrible mistake to do this!

Perhaps I'm old school or traditional or whatever you'd like to label me, but I don't like the idea of playing some schools in football and others in every other sport!

Part of what made high school so fun was the rivalries with other schools. Obviously the more times schools compete against each other the greater the opportunity for the rivalry to grow. I just don't like the idea of playing a district football game against a school and then not competing against them until the next year!

Totally agreed! Although I accidentally voted for "I don't care"...when I was in high school, Forney loved any game against Crandall! They lost that rivalry when they went to 4A, and I guess that Terrell is the rival now, but having to wait a year between playing an opponent in any sport would be a sure fire way to kill rivalries.

CalallenWildcat
06-16-2007, 11:13 PM
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

All this would do would be to increase travelling costs, destroy rivalries, and enforce a de facto 10-classification system.

sectionCwannabe
06-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

All this would do would be to increase travelling costs, destroy rivalries, and enforce a de facto 10-classification system.

traveling cost may be the reason this doesnt go through IMO. we have alot of schools big and small having budget problems due to prices of fuel.

Snydertigersrul
06-17-2007, 06:36 AM

The Dallas Morning News as well as other papers have published stories about this. I know that the San Antonio paper did a lengthly story on it more than a month ago. The UIL met last week and reviewd the proposal and placed the item on the October agenda.