PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to pitch for the Rangers?

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Jamey Wright got the start tonight. I knew that would be bad news. So far he has given up back to back home runs to Griffey and Dunn in the 1st!

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Jamey Wright got the start tonight. I knew that would be bad news. So far he has given up back to back home runs to Griffey and Dunn in the 1st!

What else is new? Who would want to play for the Rangers when they can play for a winner.

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Wright was pretty mediocre...he ended up allowing four runs in five innings...At least he kept the Rangers in it unlike the other guys who give up seven runs every time they pitch.

pooch
06-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

j, why are the rangers up in attendance when they suck so bad?

bring bak oil can boyd. :D

Emerson1
06-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Tom just needs to sell them team. He can afford to buy a soccer team, but won't spend money on a pitcher.

Emerson1
06-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by pooch

It's one of the only sports playing around here. Desperados attendance is probably up to.

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 09:41 PM

They're up in attendance? Beats me! I've been to one game this season and the place was nearly empty!

Keith7
06-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's one of the only sports playing around here. Desperados attendance is probably up to.

its the only sport playing around here this time every year.. Attendance is up compared to last year, so your logic makes no sense??

Really I don't know why attendance is up this year, I think maybe because we have played the red sox twice at home already and the Yankees have already made their trip to arlington, those might have boosted the attendance numbers some

and yes the desperados attendace prolly is up too, but that is because they are pretty good this year and the extra exposure espn has provided the arena league this year..

pooch
06-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
i can get better sports stuff watching the little league out in RC, emerson. maybe in Caddo or Tawakoni. know what i mean?

hey, desperados are winning...i know they're (rangers) the only game in town right now, but why go out there, spend money on parking, gas to get out there, and all those concessions, plus the game ticket to watch them wallow...?@

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I coulda sworn the Rangers attendance was low this year...

kepdawg
06-16-2007, 09:49 PM
i can get better sports stuff watching the little league out in RC, emerson. maybe in Caddo or Tawakoni. know what i mean?

hey, desperados are winning...i know they're (rangers) the only game in town right now, but why go out there, spend money on parking, gas to get out there, and all those concessions, plus the game ticket to watch them wallow...?@

I've been to one Rangers game and my dad paid for that.

I've been to 5 or 6 RoughRiders games.

I have a much better time at the games in Frisco.

I can't stand the Desperados, and there is basically no reason I'd drive to downtown Dallas to see them play.

I am surprised that Jerry hasn't tried to do a much better job of marketing the Desperados and forcing them on the metroplex sports fans.

Keith7
06-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I coulda sworn the Rangers attendance was low this year...

their average attendance this year is 30,934, and last year it was 29,490.. so technically it is up from last year, but as the season goes on I imagine this year's average attendance will slowly fall below last year's mark.. atleast last year they were in contention for a little while

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 09:50 PM
I've ALWAYS gone to 4 or 5 Rangers games a year...this year, I went to opening night, and haven't been back. I'm going back in a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's my last time this year.

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
their average attendance this year is 30,934, and last year it was 29,490.. so technically it is up from last year, but as the season goes on I imagine this year's average attendance will slowly fall below last year's mark.. atleast last year they were in contention for a little while

It's a shame that they count ticket sales as attendance. I've seen only a couple of games this year where they've had more than 25,000....they might sell 30,000 per game, but about half of those tickets are going unused.

Keith7
06-16-2007, 09:52 PM
I've been to 3 games this year so far, and I look forward to going to more.. I'm a rangers fan thru and thru.. If less people show up for rangers games that is o.k. with me, that just means I can move up to better seats after buying a seven dollar ticket

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2007, 09:54 PM
I've been to 3 games this year so far, and I look forward to going to more.. I'm a rangers fan thru and thru.. If less people show up for rangers games that is o.k. with me, that just means I can move up to better seats after buying a seven dollar ticket

I'll watch every game on television (and get ticked off 2 out of every 3 nights), but I'm not going to pay to see them when they don't even put a competitive team on the field.

Emerson1
06-16-2007, 10:15 PM
its the only sport playing around here this time every year.. Attendance is up compared to last year, so your logic makes no sense??

No, this time last year and in May and early June the Mavericks were still playing. I am sure that took away from the Rangers attendance some.

g$$
06-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Both Texas teams are struggling pretty badly, but the Astros have shown signs of life in a weak division. The Rangers are simply a bad team in a tough division. They have so little MLB pitching it's not even funny. Wish both teams were better.